Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

+27
jrw
ttrash
ben digo
hapalogh
Show Me The Gold
Razorback
Old Hand
keogh
AuTitch
Ivan N
dougy
rowdy
Kon61gold
thegoldman24
dundiggin
Sparrowfart
Sharkbait
mallee00
moredeep
MacRob
Mechanic
nanjim
mbasko
Eureka Dreams
slimpickens
adrian ss
Grandfather Johnson
31 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 6 Empty Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Guest Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:22 am

Rita Bentley is trying to summarise thing a bit more so people won't have to go through the whole lot to get answers. As soon as it is done I'll put it up.The only reason VEAC do these thing is to, as they said, Bull Sh!t  befalls Science  
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 6 Empty Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  moredeep Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:32 am

Just read some of the absolute piffle in the VEAC draft and I feel sick in the guts that a handful of people who probably don't use the bush can make
recommendations of such magnitude.
And I might add a quote from one interested party
"WE ARE THE GARDENERS OF THE ENVIRONMENT,
WE CARE FOR THE LAND AND IT PROVIDES FOR US" Mad This comment REALLY REALLY made me mad,absolute academic swill put into the mouths of this group, and BS to boot.

It's also an insult, insinuating that I don't care? Evil or Very Mad

cheers moremad oops moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:00 am

Here are all the locations and times for the VEAC public meeting zones. PLEASE make sure you can get to at least one of these to voice your concerns. You also have until the 31 Oct this year to put in a written submission. This you have to do as well explaining the reasons for submission and what is your concerns. Don't just put down "I do not agree to any more parks or such, you have to explain why. Mention areas of concern explain like Wellsford State if turned in to a Nature Reserve or a Regional Park this will restrict me from doing ........  They were saying that they would like reasons why in the submissions.
wombat  Wink

Bendigo

Friday 7 September 2018                   3:00pm to 7:00pm

Weeroona Oval, 347 Napier St, Bendigo

Woodend

Monday 10 September 2018              3:00pm to 7:00pm

Woodend Community Centre, High St & Forest St, Woodend

Avoca

Tuesday 11 September 2018            3:00pm to 7:00pm

Avoca Football Netball Club, Avoca Public Park, Duke St, Avoca

Beaufort

Wednesday 12 September 2018        3:00pm to 7:00pm

Beaufort Community Bank Complex, 49 Park Rd, Beaufort

Daylesford

Thursday 13 September 2018            3:00pm to 7:00pm

Daylesford Football Ground, Victoria Park, Ballan Road Daylesford

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi Wombat,do you think it will make any difference in what I say?
They know there are hundreds of prospectors that are not happy with there recommendations,we all signed the petitions.
If I went there and cried rivers of tears I don't think they will suddenly change there minds,do you see what I mean? Or can they change there recommendations ?????.I doubt it.

I think I would be peeing into the wind Sad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:21 pm

I have been to four of the protest meetings including the main one in Melbourne and also the VEAC public meeting yesterday at Bendigo. I may be wrong but appears to me that there has been a lack of representation and spokes people from the detecting and prospecting business people. They also have much to lose if these recommendations go through. I hope that they make an effort to send in submissions.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am

Moredeep we need to keep trying. If everyone thought the same way then we won't have a chance in hell of winning. We may not get this turned around completely but we may, just may, gain a bit of ground. A whole group of us representing the prospectors and BUGU sat at a table for 1.5 hrs with the heads of VEAC at the Bendigo public meeting on Friday night putting forward our concerns and recommendations. They were very interested in what we had to say and took many notes. We will be doing this again at the Avoca meeting as well on Tuesday. I think other groups are going to do the same thing at other meetings. They have asked again that everyone who does not again with there draft to put in a submission stating the areas that you don't agree with and the reasons why. What we say now may change their final draft and the future for not only prospecting in these regions but for many other BUGU groups.

Hi MacRob I know what you are saying mate. There has been some representation from the detector industry but not much. What we need to do now is get them along to these VEAC public meetings to voice their concerns on how this could effect their business. I'll contact them tomorrow.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Wombat,
I know first hand running a business consumes much of your waking time, however if my business had any chance of being negatively impacted by this VEAC investigation I would be in boots and all. My thoughts are that instead of leaving the heavy lifting to persons like yourself, the business community should be in there front and centre.

MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks for that wombat,I'll try and make to the Woodend meeting tomorrow,couldn't make bgo meeting as I was working.
Lets just hope they weren't pretending to be interested.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks Moredeep & MacRob for your comments and support. But now, more than ever, we NEED EVERYONE'S SUPPORT to try and beat this. If everyone from this forum site and other forums put in just one personal submission each saying they don't want anymore parks and the reasons why, we would be able to flood VEAC with well over 8000 submissions plus. And then with BUGU members of 8700 doing the same thing and all the prospecting clubs joining in VEAC would then have to listen. Believe it or not, it would only take about 1/2 hr out of everyone's lives to save a life time of enjoyment. Not only for them selves but for our future generations, our kids and grand kids. So please don't leave it up to a few to lift a heavy load when we all can carry the load equally. This is the biggest fight that prospecting has had since the Iron Bank fight in the 1990's. So please Support us to Support you.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:06 pm

And for those who don't know how to find the form,
just google [ VEAC SUBMISSION FORM ] and that will get you to the site.

Cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

There are no actual forms to fill in. All they have to do is write something in their own words and submit it.
www.veac.vic.gov.au
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 pm

A must watch video about prospecting and prospectors.
wombat Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMsD1ntIfs&feature=youtu.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:00 am

Wombat wrote:There are no actual forms to fill in. All they have to do is write something in their own words and submit it.
www.veac.vic.gov.au
wombat Wink  

An email address to the person responsible for these protest letters will be better than just telling us.
Sending to VEAC may not get to the right person, so we need the right email address and the persons name.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:43 am

Uncle Bob if you go on to this web site there is all the details you just follow this. I promise you it will get to the right people as i have read the last lot of submissions. If we direct it to one person they will reject it. The link below is the right one.
wombat Wink

http://veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/central-west-investigation/upload

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:10 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:
Wombat wrote:There are no actual forms to fill in. All they have to do is write something in their own words and submit it.
www.veac.vic.gov.au
wombat Wink  

An email address to the person responsible for these protest letters will be better than just telling us.
Sending  to VEAC may not get to the right person, so we need the right email address and the persons name.

Uncle Bob and with all due respect, it is not Wombat that can just tell us and has the say on how submissions should be submitted, very easy just follow the link.

MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 6 Empty Minelab?

Post  Ivan N Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:16 pm

I`m wondering if Minelab have had there say in this matter, after all this is a large chunk of there business, like was mentioned, all businesses affected by this need to have there say, Caravan parks, hotels/motels, and which ever other businesses rely on the tourist dollar!!!

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Attended VEAC meeting at woodend today.
It was a good way to meet the people making the submissions to government,overall they were pleasant,nice people,they listened and appeared to understand my concerns.
They emphasised that everyone should put a submission in,stick to the facts why it will impact you.State that you abide by a code of conduct be it miners right/pmav/or club or your own ethics.
They clarified that the VEAC submission and THE DJA DJA WURRUNG submission were two separate issues.
I stated this is why a lot of people have there dukes up because we are under threat and may loose a lot of state parks on two fronts.
I also stated to VEAC that we are loosing prospecting ground, a little bit here and there ,then a little more here and there then over several years by stealth its all over the state,They understood my concerns but will it make any difference? I don't know.
Any way I put my two bobs worth in and that's all I can do.

And uncle bob I did ask on your behalf ,was VEAC governed by AGENDA 21,The bloke replied that they didn't reference AGENDA 21 in any of there private or open meetings.I'll leave it at that Smile

cheers moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

moredeep wrote:Attended VEAC meeting at woodend today.
It was a good way to meet the people making the submissions to government,overall they were pleasant,nice people,they listened and appeared to understand my concerns.
They emphasised that everyone should put a submission in,stick to the facts why it will impact you.State that you abide by a code of conduct be it miners right/pmav/or club or your own ethics.
They clarified that the VEAC submission and THE DJA DJA WURRUNG submission were two separate issues.
I stated this is why a lot of people have there dukes up because we are under threat and may loose a lot of state parks on two fronts.
I also stated to VEAC that we are loosing prospecting ground, a little bit here and there ,then a little more here and there then over several years by stealth its all over the state,They understood my concerns but will it make any difference? I don't know.
Any way I put my two bobs worth in and that's all I can do.

And uncle bob I did ask on your behalf ,was VEAC governed by AGENDA 21,The bloke replied that they didn't reference AGENDA 21 in any of there private or open meetings.I'll leave it at that Smile

cheers moredeep

The problem with agenda 21 is that you need to ask the right questions to the people who know and then there is denial.
Asking them is one thing, but to show them the paperwork, there is no denying what is written.
Hiding it from the public until it's too late.
This is what they are doing.

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:58 pm

The bloke I spoke to was aware of AGENDA 21 but said it wasn't part of veac discussion,I can only take his word for it.
If its coming from a higher authority then it's out of my league ,I'd be punching well above my weight to tackle them.
At least they know now that we know that we're onto them Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:44 am

moredeep wrote:The bloke I spoke to was aware of AGENDA 21 but said it wasn't part of veac discussion,I can only take his word for it.
If its coming from a higher authority then it's out of my league ,I'd be punching well above my weight to tackle them.
At least they know now that we know that we're onto them Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers  moredeep

Moredeep and Uncle Bob, Yes it's hard to believe the VEAC denial that it wasn't part of their discussion when you read this part of their act.

VICTORIAN ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT COUNCIL ACT 2001 - SECT 18
Matters to be taken into account in investigations and recommendations
The Council must have regard to the following considerations in carrying out an investigation and in making recommendations to the Minister—

(a) the principles of ecologically sustainable development;

(b) the need to conserve and protect biological diversity;

(c) the need to conserve and protect any areas which have ecological, natural, landscape or cultural interest or significance, recreational value or geological or geomorphological significance;

S. 18(d) amended by No. 44/2016 s. 23(1).

(d) the need to provide for the creation and preservation of a comprehensive, adequate and representative system of parks and reserves within the State;

(e) the existence of any international treaty ratified by the Commonwealth of Australia which is relevant to the investigation;

S. 18(f) amended by No. 44/2016 s. 23(2).

(f) any agreement at a national, inter-state or local government level into which the Government has entered, or under which the Government has undertaken any obligation in conjunction with the Commonwealth, a State, Territory or municipal council, which relates to the subject matter of the investigation;

(g) the potential environmental, social and economic consequences of implementing the proposed recommendations;

(h) any existing or proposed use of the environment or natural resources.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:55 am

Ivan N wrote:I`m wondering if Minelab have had there say in this matter, after all this is a large chunk of there business, like was mentioned, all businesses affected by this need to have there say, Caravan parks, hotels/motels, and which ever other businesses rely on the tourist dollar!!!

Ivan answer to your question is basically "Yes" Minelab have donated $2,000 to the BUGU fighting fund and anther prospecting?detector club have donated $500. We have had local business talking to the new media. As the VEAC public debate has just started I don't know if business are going to them to express their concerns. But I hope so.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 am

Wombat wrote:
Ivan N wrote:I`m wondering if Minelab have had there say in this matter, after all this is a large chunk of there business, like was mentioned, all businesses affected by this need to have there say, Caravan parks, hotels/motels, and which ever other businesses rely on the tourist dollar!!!

Ivan answer to your question is basically "Yes" Minelab have donated $2,000 to the BUGU fighting fund and anther prospecting?detector club have donated $500. We have had local business talking to the new media. As the VEAC  public debate has just started I don't know if business are going to them to express their concerns. But I hope so.
wombat Wink  

Hi Wombat and Ivan,

Well that's very good of Minelab to be so generous? Have I missed there representative out there in media lobbying against these VEAC proposals. Also where are Garrett Australia, Goldsearch Australia/ Whites Metal Detectors, Fisher Research Labs/Gold Hunter Detectors, coil manufacturers,
gold touring groups, map publishers, the list goes on.
One thing I do know is I will not be spending many thousands of dollars anymore on new detectors, coils, gold tours and everything else connected to the industry, when we are being forced into the ever increasing postage stamp size area to prospect on.

MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi MacRob I hear what you are saying mate. I know some company's and organisations don't want to get involved politically even though this is the way it is going. Goldsearch has now closed down in Dunolly as far as I know. You need to mention what you have stated about spending money towards your hobby and how you have helped the Australian Economy by doing so, in your submission. And also let your local Polly know as well, telling him your not happy with the VEAC draft report. We mention this at every meeting we are having with VEAC that many people are spending many thousands of dollars on their hobby and in turn helping business and the economy. And this will stop if they can not access areas that are now being looked at for closure. But at the end of the day this whole thing has to get through Parliament first. So the buck stops with them.
wombat  Wink

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 6 Empty VEAC

Post  Ivan N Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:54 pm

That`s good to know Wombat, and i`m glad we have passionate people like yourself fighting for us, i am a regular follower of " ProspectingAustralia" forum,
and i noticed there no mention of VEAC at all on the website. I was wondering if anyone who knows how to post links to VEAC submission form, would post it up on this forum and let the 100`s of people who visit this site, know whats going on, so at least some of them can put in a submission!!!

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Wombat wrote:Hi MacRob I hear what you are saying mate. I know some company's and organisations don't want to get involved politically even though this is the way it is going. Goldsearch has now closed down in Dunolly as far as I know. You need to mention what you have stated about spending money towards your hobby and how you have helped the Australian Economy by doing so, in your submission. And also let your local Polly know as well, telling him your not happy with the VEAC draft report. We mention this at every meeting we are having with VEAC that many people are spending many thousands of dollars on their hobby and in turn helping business and the economy. And this will stop if they can not access areas that are now being looked at for closure. But at the end of the day this whole thing has to get through Parliament first. So the buck stops with them.
wombat  Wink

Businesses may not wish to get involved because of the politics, but if it was my business that was going to be negatively affected I would be out there putting my point across. Government decisions can destroy businesses, look at how the present government destroyed peoples livelihood and investments by changing the licencing laws in the taxi industry. The prospecting industry, whether they realise it or not, are in my view looking down the barrel and should be fighting these VEAC proposals.
MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks macrob for that brief history from VEAC 2001 SECTION 18,
As I sort of thought, a case of smoke and mirrors,
GEEZ a lot of money has been spent on this VEAC draft ,those booklets with maps in them would have cost a pretty penny to print, AND A LOT WERE PRINTED,[I hate glossy BS]
let alone their wages and "EXPERTS" opinions on the environment.
It maybe a case that so much money has been spent that they [VEAC and LABOR ] CAN'T TURN BACK??? and won't want to lose face???

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:56 pm

mooredeep, I asked two members of the board that very question at the Bendigo public drop in. At first they said they were not sure, but I persisted and one of them came back and said it was $900,000 for the investigation, however I could not establish from them whether this was additional to there total estimated budget.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:07 am

For anyone who is coming to the PMAV AGM in Beaufort this coming Sunday I have 40 VEAC Draft Proposal Booklets with Maps to hand out. You can use them as referance for your Submissions.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:41 am

MacRob wrote:mooredeep, I asked two members of the board that very question at the Bendigo public drop in. At first they said they were not sure, but I persisted and one of them came back and said it was $900,000 for the investigation, however I could not establish from them whether this was additional to there total estimated budget.  

Thanks Macrob ,I thought as much,probably will be a lot more by the time it's finished.

Gosh 900ks could be put to better use?
One VEAC REP stated that one of reasons they were stopping wood collection in some areas was because B double trucks were coming into the bush and loading up and selling the wood in melb.
I wonder how often that happens? and surely $900,000 would have bought a lots of hidden "camera" surveillance in wood collecting areas [and put a few signs up stating hidden camera's in this area as well ]
I think come hell or high water they want this passed,especially if they are quoting far fetched examples like this.

Also a VEAC REP stated to me that VEAC and DJA DJA WURRUNG were two separate issues,why then on page 49,3.1.4 of the glossy magazine they provided, does it say that VEAC HAS FORMED A PARTNERSHIP WITH THE DJA DJA WURRUNG CLANS????????????????? I think they are trying to baffle us/me with a bit of BS

cheers moredeep

moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:57 am

moredeep wrote:
One VEAC REP stated that one of reasons they were stopping wood collection in some areas was because B double trucks were coming into the bush and loading up and selling the wood in melb.

cheers  moredeep

How the hell is a "B Double" going to get into the bush tracks???? what are these wankers smoking, have the bush tracks been upgraded to take "B Doubles" now???? maybe they should be shown a map of where a "B Double" can actually go and where they can't.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next