Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CREEPY THREAD

+11
llanbric
Jonathan Porter
TheH0ward
Detectist
Narrawa
gollstar
Goldbait
deutran
byronbinalong
kon61
nero_design
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CREEPY THREAD Empty CREEPY THREAD

Post  nero_design Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Lasseter of Lasseter's Gold Reef fame feared the bush and was said to sleep in his vehicle rather than outside under the stars at night.

A deer hunter in the USA had set up his nightvision camera to photograph deer and recently captured footage of the following CREATURE IN THE WOODS (click to access link) . Now I have no idea what that is but it pretty much spooks me just looking at it. It's probably a malnourished yokel from the South but who can say? The camera was damaged but the memory card captured the aforementioned image.

Since so many of you alpha-males camp out there in the dark, let's hear your creepy stories about the Australian Bush ...
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

CREEPY THREAD Empty Re: CREEPY THREAD

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:50 pm

obvious fake....looking right at the camera.
Almost as fake as that bloke in an Ewok or wookie outfit in the Blue mountains a few years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPwq2XY6CAE&feature=related

geez...I recognize that voice

Laughing

Last edited by madtuna on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:57 pm

There you go gents. Just goes to show,how far more advanced the Americans are with their animation.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:59 pm

if it was making weird noises,it might have been .... FOOOOD .... WAAATER
looks a bit malnourished to me affraid
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Ah ha, so that's what they mean by moonlighter.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Its a anorexic albino prospector obviously dropped his nugget and trying to find it in the dark
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:27 pm

where is the video proof. a single image tells nothing.

yes i'm skeptical. i want to see more.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Kingy, Its obvious to me that hes found it and whilst holding it in his right hand,was trying to bring it up closer to show the camera man who wasn't paying attention,that's why he had his camera broken.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:16 pm

That my friends is a bonafide meth addict looking for where they put the goddam outdoor methlab.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:38 pm

nero_design wrote:

Since so many of you alpha-males camp out there in the dark, let's hear your creepy stories about the Australian Bush ...

I stepped on a stick no long back while out doing the graveyard shift, (which just happen to be meters from the graveyard at Hill End where we camp/detect) that flicked up from behind and landed on my shoulder, causing me to erupt into the spider in the hair routine. affraid That would have to be one of the most terrifying things to happen to someone who hates spiders...and now sticks.Laughing

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Looks a bit like Gollum - on Steroids.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Be afraid of Narrawa's spider routine be very afraid. affraid What a Face Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:14 pm

I have my own routine called "The Ant Dance". I really hate those Jack Jumper Ants. My wife takes great pleasure in telling me there's one on my back... even when there isn't. Won't seem so amusing when she gets stung herself.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:49 pm

The spider in the hair dance is far more impressive than the ant dance, because the spider dance always brings an image of a funnel web. Razz

The ant dance is concentrated low, bending forward with hands rapidly swooshing the lower portion of the body, legs butt, groin.

The spider dance is concentrated higher up the body, because they are much faster at covering distances, with stamping feet, head tilted forward, hands rapidly swooshing the head, shoulders, face, and hair.

What makes the spider dance more impressive to on lookers is, one of the crowd will always sing out "its in your hair" while another will cry out "its on your back" Laughing

Apart from the visual effects of either dance, i believe the spider dance causes the cry of the performer to emit a more terrifying pitch because of the funnel web images while performing, and this is the reason the spider dance/routine wins hands down. Laughing

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Bloody Hell That thing looks like my ex-misses affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:14 am

narrawa great stick story, lmao.
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 am

davsgold wrote:Be afraid of Narrawa's spider routine be very afraid. affraid What a Face Shocked

Dave you must have Arachnophobia too going by the amount of sticks you stacked up at Morts patch in Apsley this year. Laughing lol!

There's nothing more satisfying that a Golden Orb smack bang on the face at 40K an hour on your quad, try doing the spider dance then and see what happens!!! lol!

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:20 am

Soory but I performed the ultimate "Holy sh*t dance" about 30 years ago.
I was helping a friend out in his newly established business. Dressed in a full coverage
boiler suitgoggles and heavy duty gloves, I had just started mixing a 200kg batch of soap powder.
The first ingredient was many kg's of caustic soda in flake form. Now, anyone who has come in contact with this
nasty stuff will tell you that it burns holes in your body at an alarming rate and doesn't stop until it is neutralised.
well, my artistic prancing started when I managed to get several flakes down my knickers and on to my nuts.
How they got there is, to this day, a bloody mystery.
This macabre dance carried on for sveral loooooong minutes until I could get out of my so-called protective clothing
and douse myself in cool clear water.
I walked like a jockey for about a week.

Sticks, spiders, ants... pffft. Caustic soda... AHHHHHGGGGGGG Shocked Shocked Shocked

Robert

PS. I still have both and yes, they still work cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:45 am

What JP have you never stacked sticks. I find your post offensive

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 am

I do an artistic dance move called the "snake jump" It involves getting close to a snake, say at the edge of the coil, or beside my foot, I then jump backwards or sideways, depending on the placement of the snake, I then say "bloody hell", then either give right of way or remove myself from the situation.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:02 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:

There's nothing more satisfying that a Golden Orb smack bang on the face at 40K an hour on your quad, try doing the spider dance then and see what happens!!! lol!

JP
Iv had to deal with the golden orb or orb weave buggers also, and used the appropriate force to deal with it at the time.
LINK post 10 i think it is??
Its no secret i hate spiders, but i have mellowed a little, if i come across one i now only kill it the once, instead of spending large amounts of time making sure it dont get up again.

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Yes when i was in the states about 1993 i think it was there was a story floating about in the small country country towns of Louisiana about a similar creature to which was pictured.

The locals have seen it on many occasions over the years. It lives on a diet of moss, crickets,used hamburger wrappings and the occasional pair of ladies underwear. ( must like prawns and fish )

Its said to be the son of Lost prospector Villy Von Vandenberg that disappearred in the woods back in the 1930's during the great depression. He comes back every now and then warning people of impending doom that is comming in a years time. ( so looks like another depression coming in 2011 Folks).

Hunters and Prospector and Hermits in the woods have heard him call out at night saying ( collect all the Gold you can and give me more ladies PANTIES to Sniff as THE END IS COMING SOON)

So the story goes.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 pm

To quote explorer

So the story goes.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!

Probably NOT Laughing

Panther

Back to top Go down

CREEPY THREAD Empty re spider dance

Post  Jigalong Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:00 pm

The traditional green tree ant dance of the Kimberley, is easily the greatest spectacle one could ever hope to see.

The dancer prepares for the dance, by brushing against a branch holding a nest made of leaves, cemented into a globe.

The action starts immediately, as the dancer shrieks and dances about slapping at his/her body.The dancer is often seen leaping high in the air, whilst screaming abuse and tearing his/her clothes off. This is a spectacle not to be missed.

If you don't particularly like the dancer, you can at this stage of the dance, move in and place some good whacks on the bare quivering flesh. This is seen as help in the heat of the moment and often is never even questioned when the dance is completed.

I did a 14 day bushwalk through the Drysdale River National Park a few years ago, photographing Bradshaw art sites. I saw the green ant dance performed many times - it is something one never tires of, unless of course you are the dancer.

Jig

Last edited by Jigalong on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm

I remember one time while detectin in some scrub out the back of Wagga Wagga.
I wuz heddin up this gully (rifle over me shoulder) an swingin a old relic Magnum; walked past a couple of trees with the biggest Orb Weaver I eva did see sittin in his web strung between tha two trees, they wuz a good 20 foot apart, anyway I left im alone on account of he wuz bigger n me and I continued up the gully ; then I heard this low drummin sound and felt the breez pick up a bit an tha trees started swayin up the in tha gully an tha noise got lowda an then I got a gecko of a green flash comin down the gully in an out of tha trees. this green bright light did a couple of laps of me about 50 foot out and then THWACK!! it landed on the side of a gum tree and these two bloody big eyes wuz lookin at me like I wuz lunch or somethin. So bein a true aussie I shot it!Sad that wuz the biggest bloody green backed bush fly I have eva seen. I reckon if it had got stuck in tha orb weavers web it would hav torn the orb to shreds affraid No kiddin , it's true I tell yer!! Suspect

Back to top Go down

CREEPY THREAD Empty out in the bush

Post  Hard_Core Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

At night the wind thru wire, the creek of windmill, the light from my torch playen tricks too give illusion of light too the sides of me, "Buy myself i go too the gawler ranges" i live near by.
and these things some times put the freaks up me, the thump of a roo near by...most of the animals i know what the are (there sounds at night)but every now and then i hear the strangest sounds that some times freak me.
years ago, i shot what i thought was a western grey (tucker) it was "sitting up like a roo" before i shot it 60ft infront of my spot light, it flipped and it was the strangest biggest dog, had an over sized fox tail and it was too big too be a fox (furry like fox and as big as a grey) I even ran the thing over but it went into the bush and my tracking dident find it next day (O btw i was very sober)

Hard_Core
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Nero,

Ya get that when ya skating.

DINGO

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:47 am

Neutral hmmm
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 am

davsgold wrote:What JP have you never stacked sticks. I find your post offensive
Huh? Wasn't meant to offend. It was in reference to your joke about Narrawa's spider dance, going by the amount of gardening you did I had visions of you and a HUGE spider.

Lighten up Dave. Very Happy

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am

Just remembered I was rudely awoken many years ago when camping by a bull koala about 5 foot above my tent.
Man, if you hear that you'll turn to prayer damn quick. Scariest noise I've ever heard. Shocked Shocked Shocked Even beats my wife's snoring Razz Razz Razz

Robert

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next