Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New GPX 5000 and 4800 views

+37
polver
thegolddude
buck06
chopppacalamari
hotrockgarry
evan2010
HueyDuck
BradShell
Celeste
AraratGold
Eddy Current
Kon61gold
monoman1961
youngdigger
Tuflux
goldtimer
Universal1
Qld Sandy
HOBO'S Gold
paragold
Beer Beeper
SerialDelta
GoldstalkerGPX
gollstar
Undertaker
Shinegold
bencld
sandy2010
MS
shandeemax
Jonathan Porter
Tributer
artrix
alchemist
nero_design
Acan
41 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New GPX 5000 and 4800 views - Page 4 Empty Re: New GPX 5000 and 4800 views

Post  Acan Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:44 am

Remember Youngdigger, you will need to show us a photo of your gold found by 5000 otherwise we will not believe you. Good Luck and tell us how it goes. Acan jocolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:36 pm

still waiting...

yes i sure will if i find some today

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm

youngdigger wrote:well i just picked mine up.. just have to wait for the battery to charge.

the next few weeks i have off so ill be out as often as possible, cant wait to pop the 5000 cherrie..

see you all out bush
good luck mate, hope it all go's well and to show's that jp's not s##ting everyone about the new 5000 and hope it stopps all these critics and awnsers all the questions...you lucky bugger
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtimer Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi MS, point well taken. Thanks for explaining that. I don't know much about electronics so I learned something useful today. cheers

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  monoman1961 Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Who needs the new 5000 when this detector gpx 4500 from china claims it can detect to a depth of 3.5 m lol bboooo hhhoooo

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/315288630/GPX4500_metal_detector_X_ray_scanner.html
monoman1961
monoman1961
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Was'nt ali baber a theif ? very fitting name. whats 3 metres is that how much ground you would cover before it ships itself.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  monoman1961 Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Why is the back panel in this picture the same as the 4500 when the pic that marco has put up is different
just asking

http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5630
monoman1961
monoman1961
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:28 pm

The Price I got For the 5000 is $6500 cash which includes Box dust cover and training day in Bendigo,

Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm

monoman1961 wrote:Why is the back panel in this picture the same as the 4500 when the pic that marco has put up is different
just asking

Which pic was that?
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  monoman1961 Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 pm

sorry marco it seems you have to be logged into the site to see the pic if i new how to load the pic here i would do it
monoman1961
monoman1961
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:24 pm

when writing a comment you need to click ether host an image or the one next to it, with regards the image you need to right or left click it so that a little menu pops up down the bottom it says properties click that and copy some of the details of the pic and past on here, im not sure exactly the process but somthing like that.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:26 pm

anyone try a 5000 today?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
ferrousfinder wrote:Well,

All the excitement seems to be getting to people....

QLD Sandy, JP's valuable time is as valuable as yours or mine...or anyone else's.

Cheers.

Ummmm. I thought that was what I was saying. Question

Um, it sounded like every one else's time was worthless and JP should tell people 'whatever gets your goat' rabbit instead of trying to reply.... is it because we are the bottom feeders of the prospecting world?....

PS: "Sire, the peasants are revolting" "They can't help it, they were born that way" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Ferrousfinder,

It's obvious he has this attitude toward us because he wants our business. Treat them mean and keep them keen. lol!
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:51 pm

i find JPs comments very helpfull.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Keep your comments to the topic rather than personal issues

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

New GPX 5000 and 4800 views - Page 4 Empty 5 cents worth

Post  Eddy Current Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm

I am an avid Minelab supporter as they are without a doubt leaders in their field. But if I can offer a point of view without being shot down in a ball of flames it would be this.
After reviewing the technical specs on the two new machines on offer there certainly is no huge breakthrough in technology ie new technology like Seta or MPS. Yes, without a doubt the 5000 will be quieter with the new electronics and have advantages with the new timings but is this worth selling your 45 and rushing off to buy a new 5000? For each person the answer will be different according to needs and finances.
What I do find interesting though is when a new model is released people will often comment that they went to an old patch and found bits missed by the previous model therefore the new model is so much better.
Just wondering how many times we have gone back to the same patch with the same detector and still found bits we missed before? Some specking patches have been worked 100's of times and people are still picking up nuggets.
I am also not sure why the 4800. It sounds like the 45 with its custom settings and timings is more versatile/has more options than the 4800.

For those that cant afford or justify to upgrade for a while. I do believe that the 4500 will remain a fine machine that consistently produces gold for quite sometime. When we have a huge breakthrough in technology like we did when Minelab introduced PI technology, well then those that don't upgrade will really be at a huge disadvantage.

Happy hunting

Eddy Current
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Where is every one, still no reports of the day,

Maybe they dont want to say how the machine goes keeping the rest of us have nots in the dark, maybe their still digging to kingdom come busting a hump down at 4 feet.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 pm

http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7438

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:31 pm

ferrousfinder wrote:
Qld Sandy wrote:
ferrousfinder wrote:Well,

All the excitement seems to be getting to people....

QLD Sandy, JP's valuable time is as valuable as yours or mine...or anyone else's.

Cheers.

Ummmm. I thought that was what I was saying. Question

Um, it sounded like every one else's time was worthless and JP should tell people 'whatever gets your goat' rabbit instead of trying to reply.... is it because we are the bottom feeders of the prospecting world?....

PS: "Sire, the peasants are revolting" "They can't help it, they were born that way" Laughing

Ferrous,
Around the time of a new release Minelab:

• There are those that are staunch supporters of the older models and won't change because they have blinkers on.
    There are those that will upgrade when the see the light.
    There are those that will upgrade like I have for various reasons regardless.
    There are those that won't upgrade at this point in time for financial reasons.
    There are those that want to wait and see what happens, and then decide.
    There are those that are plain jealous and want to disrupt for any reason.

All of the above are fine except for the last one, but the point I was trying (unsuccessfully it seems) to make was that JP spends a considerable amount of his time to give us information that we can take or leave depending on which of the above we fit into. He could be out detecting and making a dollar or two instead of giving up his time to help us out. I don't see any other testers that I am aware of and trust, posting on the net giving free advice.

Instead of wasting his valuable time answering rubbish questions (they are few thankfully) he could be doing something he enjoys. I'll leave it as to what falls into which category, but I do think it is obvious. The Anti-Minelab brigade are about waiting to pounce. Sleep
There was no slur intended on you or JP. I'm sure he knows my thoughts. We should all be considered as equals and I believe more power to the peasants, except the few I am thinking of. cyclops
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Eddy Current wrote:I am an avid Minelab supporter as they are without a doubt leaders in their field. But if I can offer a point of view without being shot down in a ball of flames it would be this.
After reviewing the technical specs on the two new machines on offer there certainly is no huge breakthrough in technology ie new technology like Seta or MPS. Yes, without a doubt the 5000 will be quieter with the new electronics and have advantages with the new timings but is this worth selling your 45 and rushing off to buy a new 5000? For each person the answer will be different according to needs and finances.
What I do find interesting though is when a new model is released people will often comment that they went to an old patch and found bits missed by the previous model therefore the new model is so much better.
Just wondering how many times we have gone back to the same patch with the same detector and still found bits we missed before? Some specking patches have been worked 100's of times and people are still picking up nuggets.
I am also not sure why the 4800. It sounds like the 45 with its custom settings and timings is more versatile/has more options than the 4800.

For those that cant afford or justify to upgrade for a while. I do believe that the 4500 will remain a fine machine that consistently produces gold for quite sometime. When we have a huge breakthrough in technology like we did when Minelab introduced PI technology, well then those that don't upgrade will really be at a huge disadvantage.

Happy hunting

I can assure you Fine Gold is as big a break through as Smooth and then Enhance were, in fact it is probably bigger because it offers so much more to a wider range of users (my kids included). The best hint I can offer is revisit any areas that produced a number of pieces to Enhance especially the noisy hot rock infested areas where lots of pieces have been found in the past and reap the rewards with Fine Gold. If you pay attention you will soon be able to recognise the best spots in old patches just by looking at the ground, the right types of ground most conducive to Fine Gold are readily identified.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 pm

take 2.. note to self.. COPY POST before sending!

well i got to go out late afternoon with my new toy after the battery charged, all my previous detecting has been with a gp3500 so i went out to try out the factory presets only which uses the fine gold setting and the supplied mono coil. was out tarnagulla way where i have found a small patch of small gold 01g-0.3g and normally find a bit or 2 there each time with the 3500 using the standard coil.

got out there about 330pm turned on and off i went to this little area the size of a townhouse block.. i forgot my test pieces so i had to find some targets, well the first 5 digs were ground noise, which sounded like targets .. the audio is very different to the 3500. was very mineralised ironstone and charcol patches that boomed in with the ground being so moist. was fooled more times than normal!
im sure when i read up on the settings later it will say not for heavily mineralised conditions!
the audio is quite different from what im used to, once i found a real target it was very positive, but the iffy ones will take a bit to master
the ground noise was not a huge issue with the 3500 so with some settings changes and dryer ground things should be alot better on the 5000

what i also noticed was that it was hard to pinpoint once the target was out of the ground with the settings? may have been the operator as in a bit rusty.. will look into that a bit more tomorrow.

around 5 i started to hear pulses and spikes through the audio, tried auto tune as per procedure but couldn't quite shake it. worked out the manual tune and tried all 255 positions but no good, so moved down the gully a little which worked for a bit. about half 5 it was like someone was tuning their detector pointed at me! over and over! i looked as i was sure this was so but no one near bye that i could see.. it was also doing it when myself as the detector were still, the 3500 had trouble at times at the same place, had good days and bad there.
ten min later the mozzies were out and i couldn't tell a signal from the spikes in the audio so it was time to go..

so tomorrow ill try somewhere else, and start to play with the settings..

now for a question to those in the know.. can you use the settings suggested for a 4500 as a starting point for machine setup, they will be different on some settings but there are very similar on others?

looking forward to getting the best out of my machine with trial and error, but there are so many choices!

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:38 am

Hi All,

Theres a new vid on the minelab website [GPX 5000 FINE GOLD TIMING]. You should see the excited look on the blokes face when he snags a nugget. Riveting viewing!.........not!
You must log onto the site to view.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 am

Qld Sandy wrote:

Ferrous,
Around the time of a new release Minelab:

• There are those that are staunch supporters of the older models and won't change because they have blinkers on.
    There are those that will upgrade when the see the light.
    There are those that will upgrade like I have for various reasons regardless.
    There are those that won't upgrade at this point in time for financial reasons.
    There are those that want to wait and see what happens, and then decide.
    There are those that are plain jealous and want to disrupt for any reason.

G'day Sandy I don't fit into the above
I wont upgrade because I see that the features and specs of the new machines do not appear to offer a substantial advantage to warrant an upgrade. In my part of the world I don't need Enhance or an improvement on it. I don't have issues with EMI like our Brothers in the US of A, and I do not tend to hunt for relics and coins.

There was a rumor that Minelab had made a quantum leap and that the 5000 would be a heart stopper, so I wonder if something happened during the development that prevented them from releasing it now, such as intellectual property rights, or perhaps the powers that be are holding onto it tight for Mr Candy's final retirement crescendo. The bottom line if this is TRUE, is that the 5000 is a 4500 in fancy jimjams.
All this could be wild speculation of course and I hope so, but I sure hope they have made a break through all the same, bounce

I tend to buy the x500 models anyway so maybe I'm a bit prejudiced towards the 5000?

cheers 4 beers
Grey
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Celeste Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:18 am

alchemist wrote:The bottom line if this is TRUE, is that the 5000 is a 4500 in fancy jimjams.
don't forget the cheesy slogan down the side of the detector. THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!

Ahahahahah! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 pm

youngdigger wrote:take 2.. note to self.. COPY POST before sending!

now for a question to those in the know.. can you use the settings suggested for a 4500 as a starting point for machine setup, they will be different on some settings but there are very similar on others?

looking forward to getting the best out of my machine with trial and error, but there are so many choices!

youngdigger you should get good results if you stick pretty close to the factory presets. The 4500 runs quieter when you use Normal audio and Slow motion etc., so those settings maybe similar on the 5000, don't try to wing it until you've got a good handle on it.
Sit tight till experienced operators of the digital GPs such as QLDSandy, have put some time in and can answer you're questions with credence.

Cheers
Grey
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  monoman1961 Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 pm

i have owned a sd 2000 gp extreme x2 my current machine is a 4000 and every time i have updated i hav'nt found any bigger gold or anything deeper so i will now stick with my current 4000 im not saying the new machines wont go deeper than the 4000/4500 just that its a big jump in price if im only going to find gold the same size gold that im finding now
monoman1961
monoman1961
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  paragold Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:37 pm

The 5000 could be a good detector and most likely is akin to a 4500.
What gets up my nose is the retailers pushing the product on this forum and us sites.
So far it sounds like it still has problems with ground noise and interference.

paragold
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:46 pm

paragold wrote:The 5000 could be a good detector and most likely is akin to a 4500.
What gets up my nose is the retailers pushing the product on this forum and us sites.
So far it sounds like it still has problems with ground noise and interference.
where??? Sorry I have not seen one retailer push the 5000 on this forum.

Every machine ever made has problems with ground noise and interference, that's the nature of the beast. Some handle it better than others and first impressions in the very limited time I've had mine for is that the 5000 handles it better than my 4500 did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 am

Boy, I love these armchair experts.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next