Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carona virus panic

+25
goldmuss78
Sharkbait
mbasko
boobook
madtuna
flouro
thegoldman24
llanbric
straight wire
harryopal
keogh
dundiggin
geof_junk
Redfin
planetcare
Mechanic
moredeep
Dozer
Nightjar
Reg Wilson
Slavitoooo
Kon61gold
bicter
adrian ss
granite2
29 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 3 Empty Re: Carona virus panic

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Kon61gold wrote:I hear ya DELWP & PMAV, but all these new laws effective from basically midnight tonight, are all based around the one camping overnight on such grounds. What I want to know, do these same laws apply to the non camper, the day recreationalist, within & around the Golden Triangle (state forest), or is that part of the "all non essential travel bit" meaning all are to stay at home (jail), do not pass GO, do not collect your $200. Shocked Q35  
Can anyone  shed any further light to this question?

Kon. T25

I think the part about "all non essential travel bit" is the Idea and if that is not taken seriously then we will all be told to lock ourselves in as in New Zealand, no if and no buts,

Of course the great out doors and fresh air is wonderful, but if you can go out for a day trip and go detecting for eg, then why cant someone else go the beach and go fishing? etc or go the beach and go detecting.

The sooner we all get the idea that isolation whether you have the virus or whether you don't the quicker it will be under control and we can all get back to doing the things we want to do.

stay safe and isolate
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm

The way I read and hear it, they want people who don’t need to go out, to stay at home, and only go out for their supplies when they really need too.
Like food, chemist. Fuel.
We all need to do our bit to help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Thanks Dave/Jen. Although I now feel, no better than one coming back from an overseas holiday & asked to self isolate for 2 weeks, the laws laid down must be adhered to & you guys are right in saying we all must do our bit, in order to bring this corona virus under control, or in the hope of having it eradicated.
Oh well, off to jail I go, do not pass Go & certainly not collect my $200 worth of gold. Shocked Q35  
Sounds like a lot more tougher times to come before seeing the good. Sad
Take care out there all.

Cheers guys, Kon.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Yep stay home and play monopoly Q35

Oh more about it
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/australian-doctors-plead-for-people-to-stay-home-as-coronavirus-crisis-worsens-c-760528?fbclid=IwAR2xuqk5-jB8aYXbqROQ1faa7-vc_wt-kQF3Oz1TCvsyU8u0fWLlztDgFkg

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm

adrian ss wrote:
geof_junk wrote:Lets look on the bright side.

The only thing that I can think off is the reduction of CO2 and resources can anyone think off anything else.

Probably motor vehicle accidents will decrease because people are not travelling as much.  and the ambos and traffic accident police squad  will not have to look at as many broken and battered bodies.

Just thought of another one.

All of the Gambling pensioners who blow all of their pension on the pokies along with other other pokie addicts will now maybe save some money.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 pm

No they won't Adrian, for this is the age of gambling through the use of ones computer. You can just about put a bet on anything, no need to go out. Shocked Q35
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:17 pm

plus tattslotto on line as well Very Happy Very Happy

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 pm

not exactly sure what they will actually bet on soon, no footy, all sports canned for now, and just announced that the horse racing is also out of commission, the woffers will be next to go, they announced that they can only race in a couple of centers and the dogs had to be from that area, the only thing left to gamble on is the number of days to go till this is all over................any takers........Texas holdem is still on line that might work.

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 pm

I reckon I might get bored with pocket billiards by the end of all this What a Face affraid Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 am

Kon61gold wrote:No they won't Adrian, for this is the age of gambling through the use of ones computer. You can just about put a bet on anything, no need to go out. Shocked Q35

I am referring to the real oldie hard core pokie addicts who wouldn't know computer from an abacus and couldn't afford a comp if they wanted one because they blow their money on gambling and cigs. On the other hand their gambling provided them with social contact but now there will be almost none for many of them.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 pm

Found these two songs, hope you all find them amusing.

https://youtu.be/ojrtwXqqc6g

https://youtu.be/3xt58OVnmXU

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 am

For as long as this goes on there is not a chance in hell of stopping the spread of this current virus.
Still aircraft arriving from China and elsewhere.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ETH8704/24470c52

And This

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-17.1/centery:7.9/zoom:4

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:09 am

CORVID-19 update. National Parks and Wildlife Service NSW move to keep the bush safe. From midnight tonight there will be no camping in any park in NSW nor fixed roof accommodation. For us this means Sturt, Mutawintji, Peery Lake and Kinchega.

Further, the Tibooburra Common will be closed to fossickers. The safest place for everyone to be right now is HOME.

https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npws-covid-19

if in doubt read this
https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2020_2020-57.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 am

Hi Dave

It’s the same down here in vic, closed all the camping grounds.
they want people to stay at home.

Hope you and V stay safe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Jen wrote:Hi Dave

It’s the same down here in vic, closed all the camping grounds.
they want people to stay at home.

Hope you and V stay safe.

Thanks Jen, you and Mike stay safe as well.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:04 pm

My wife and I were in a supermarket this morning and we were two of approx 7 others with masks, A dopey nitwit without a mask came near my wife and said, Do you know that mask is only good for about 15 minutes you could be already breathing virus on us. My wife said. This mask is good for two hours and I am wearing it to protect myself from people like you who are not wearing a mask. Good answer I thought and then I told the bloke to P off and mind his own business.
Like others I think he presumed we were sick because we were wearing masks. Blithering dip stick.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Hey Adrian, I reckon you and your wife had the correct answers, top marks, and hope they took notice of what you both told them, well done.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:28 pm

The bloke looked a bit surprised at what my wife said to him.. Maybe it suddenly dawned on him that he and everybody else in the shop should be wearing a mask.
In his favour, it is Difficult to do when there are none available.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:48 pm

On another note people, since most of us are required to stay at home for who knows how long, do keep an eye out on eating habits, or how much we tend to eat, cause I can see myself coming out of this, as "Optimus Prime Porker". Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm

it's called stress eating kon,well known condition.
reduce the carbs and increase your fluid intake of choice Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:48 am

On tele this morning on Sunrise.
A doctor saying that masks do nothing to stop this virus and wearing one is pointless. affraid
So why are doctors wearing them?
Talk about confusion reigning supreme. ....THen I read that water is toxic to the virus? So how long does it survive in water droplets sneezed out all over everybody. If these cheap masks trap droplets in your breath then surely they will have caught some viruses in the process?

We have run out of masks and now I am dipping the old ones in water for a few minutes and then hanging them in the sun (UV) to dry and then I am ironing them with hot iron. I have no idea at all if that is of any use but I guess it is better than no masks.

While at the beach, all of that salty moist sea air will be killing the virus en mass. That combined with swimming and the UV from the sun should make the beach a pretty safe place to be
Anyway if the toxic water is true then maybe we should just get some humidifiers for the home or install evaporative air cons.and maintain a low ambient temp of around 21deg C

On another note:
The people from overseas on the arriving ships will be going into isolation for two weeks. On one hand that sounds fine but on the other hand all that will do is to create pockets of the virus in people some of whom show no symptoms and after two weeks of isolation they will go out into the community and start a new wave of infection. So all of those people who are in isolation should be tested for the virus before they are allowed back into the community.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:53 am

adrian ss wrote:On tele this morning on Sunrise.

Adrian, You watch that S**T, it's more harmful than the virus!
A far more enjoyable "sunrise" is sitting out the back with a coffee listening to the birds awaken and welcome the new day.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 am

Agree 100% .
Went to Pine Island for a detect the other day. Police were down there but left me alone.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:36 pm

adrian ss wrote:

We have run out of masks and now I am dipping the old ones in water for a few minutes and then hanging them in the sun (UV) to dry and then I am ironing them with hot iron. I have no idea at all if that is of any use but I guess it is better than no masks.

I think your right, have a look at this picture and then decide. even a dish cloth is better than nothing by the look of that

Carona virus panic - Page 3 90613410

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Wish the word "panic" was not associated with this serious virus. Panic may not kill you directly but it increases chances of dying. When all this is over I'll post a very clear example of how "not panicking" with out any doubt what so ever saved two lives. My girlfriend and myself!
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:45 pm

There is a lot more to all this than the mainstream media are showing. This is about control wake up people.  

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Keogh don't you think that no matter what anyone says or comes up with through the media, there will always be someone to dispute it as some form of hidden conspiracy agenda, of whats really going on behind closed doors? Or don't you think others like myself, haven't had some of the same or similar thoughts of some hidden agenda behind all this?
These people that are passing on/telling others about what they believe as seeing it for what it truly is, just ask anyone of them, so what is/are the right steps to take, or what should we be doing in order to bring all this to a sensible halt & I can assure you apart from rebellious anarchy, not one will have a solution to the problems we currently face. So asking people to wake up & listen to the words of individual beliefs & not current proven facts/figures, I say to you wake up man, look carefully of whats currently happening around you, before you end up dying from catching the "conspiracy theorists' virus" & not from the corona virus.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Maybe the person is right! But everyone who cites any data on the common flu misses a small detail,
and it is that no one knows when the pandemic will end with the coronavirus and how many casualties it will take.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  harryopal Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Whatever the health issues the economic impact of this will likely result in the greatest financial crisis aside from war during this last century. Once a business shuts down it is not a simple matter to start up again and meantime there will not be start ups that are part of the usual cycles of business activity.

Talk of a vaccine within six months or even a year is wishful thinking so the Corvid-19 may hang around for some while. Even were the virus to be managed in say a year's time it will take some years for economic recovery. Again, health aside, there is a lot of pain and anxiety to be felt by millions of families whose lives, mortgages and other aspects of life are based on steady income, often with both husband and wife working to hold things together.

While most countries are putting into place multi million dollar packages to stimulate economies, at the end of the day, so to speak, this has to be paid for.

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Right or wrong, It matters not slavi. Many have based this new strain of virus, similar to the common flue, of which has killed in the hundreds of thousands of people per year, but this is not the common flue influenza. It might be similar in how it spreads, but quite obvious for the steps nations are taking, far more dangerous to ones overall health or even long term health effects, than just the common flue.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next