Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carona virus panic

+25
goldmuss78
Sharkbait
mbasko
boobook
madtuna
flouro
thegoldman24
llanbric
straight wire
harryopal
keogh
dundiggin
geof_junk
Redfin
planetcare
Mechanic
moredeep
Dozer
Nightjar
Reg Wilson
Slavitoooo
Kon61gold
bicter
adrian ss
granite2
29 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 5 Empty Re: Carona virus panic

Post  keogh Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:44 am

moredeep wrote:I think my home brew will kill of any virus reg[externally applied ],including the proverbial dead dog.
I heard in IRAN that around 300 people died from drinking bootleg liquor believing it would kill the covid19 virus.
Poor souls sucked in by fake news.
cheers   moredeep

What makes you think this whole covid 19 virus is not fake news.l think it is.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am

keogh wrote:
moredeep wrote:I think my home brew will kill of any virus reg[externally applied ],including the proverbial dead dog.
I heard in IRAN that around 300 people died from drinking bootleg liquor believing it would kill the covid19 virus.
cheers   moredeep

Another wild conspiracy theory!  Tell all the relatives of the thousands of people that have died that the covid virus is fake news!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:51 am

planetcare wrote:
keogh wrote:
cheers   moredeep

Another wild conspiracy theory!  Tell all the relatives of the thousands of people that have died that the covid virus is fake news!

Hello Planetcare, I, like you, believe that these theories all need to be peer reviewed.  By the way, were you banned from this forum for insulting other posters?  Correct me if I am wrong.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Calm down gents. We all have a long way to go in order to get through all that is currently happening. I were never one to muzzle freedom of speech, as long as it don't cross the boundaries of all common sense. This is why I allow all questions, answers & individual sayings/beliefs to be heard.
This is not a time for diversity but unity. Know that we're all in this together, so lets try to get along with one another without spite, without innuendo &  intimidation, in order to get through this current crisis.
BTW Keogh, I would seriously reconsider your comments in regards to the corona virus crisis. What is happening is real, it is happening & if you persist in bringing further conspiracy theory for the sake of argument, controversy/anarchy, you will leave me with no choice but to start taking draconian action. Something of which I do not want to do. There will be no further warning.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  straight wire Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 pm

Instead of making childish immature jokes about drinking alcohol people, why not use this coronavirus crisis as an opportunity to go
teetotal and stop drinking altogether? Your body will love you for it.
Medical professionals are warning that alcohols drinkers/abusers are at a much greater risk of developing severe reactions to the coronavirus
and dying than those who do not drink alcohol (almost as deadly as to those who smoke).

straight wire
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Calm down gents. We all have a long way to go in order to get through all that is currently happening. I were never one to muzzle freedom of speech, as long as it don't cross the boundaries of all common sense. This is why I allow all questions, answers & individual sayings/beliefs to be heard.
This is not a time for diversity but unity. Know that we're all in this together, so lets try to get along with one another without spite, without innuendo &  intimidation, in order to get through this current crisis.
BTW Keogh, I would seriously reconsider your comments in regards to the corona virus crisis. What is happening is real, it is happening & if you persist in bringing further conspiracy theory for the sake of argument, controversy/anarchy, you will leave me with no choice but to start taking draconian action. Something of which I do not want to do. There will be no further warning.

Kon. T25

Well said Kon! cheers  Regardless of what one believes about the corona virus  we all have to deal with the reality  of a global pandemic .Unless we all act to slow the spread of the virus  the  brutal  alternative is that we could see  millions die and health systems collapse.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:35 pm

straight wire, although there is meaning behind what you say, there is no need to straighten us out any further. You are not talking to children or juvenile delinquents. Each & everyone of us is fully aware of the good bad & ugly & no we are not all alcohol drinkers/abusers as you put it.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:41 pm

planet care, it is not only the virus at stake here, but the collapse of world economy's. The longer this virus lasts, the greater the chance of all stock markets collapsing & the economy including our way of life, never to be the same again.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Kon61gold wrote:planet care, it is not only the virus at stake here, but the collapse of world economy's. The longer this virus lasts, the greater the chance of stock markets collapsing & the economy including our way of life, never to be the same again.

Kon. T25

Yes globally the world is between a rock and a hard place: do we prioritize slowing the spread of the virus or prioritize saving the worlds economy?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 pm

There is no immediate answer/solution to this crisis, for choosing to go either way (between the economy or the virus) is a disaster, for there is no meeting in between, less a cure is found & found more sooner than later.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:04 pm

Kon61gold wrote:There is no immediate answer/solution to this crisis, for choosing to go either way (between the economy or the virus) is a disaster, for there is no meeting in between, less a cure is found & found more sooner than later.

Kon. T25
The best hope for a cure is of course a vaccine but that is likely to be 18 months away. With lots of luck its possible that  some drugs with  covid anti viral activity might be found before then. A huge global effort is being directed towards this objective. But  any such drug/s must  show both in vivo and in vitro activity and proceed through to phase 3 trials before being approved for use in  humans.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Agreed planet care. Like I said, lets just hope its more sooner than later.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Reg is a lucky bugger to be living in the goldfields, as are others. We are 230km from the nearest goldfields and interstate as well. No prospecting for us until this is over.

As we were getting a touch of cabin fever we decided to go fishing. 25km drive there and back. Left home and the nearest we got to another person was when a car passed us. Launched off the beach and saw at least 6 boats in the bay with other bigger boats whizzing in and out the harbour head out to check their cray pots or just try in deeper water. After 4 and a half pleasant hours on the water and catching heaps of fish, most went back as they were under sized, we'd caught a feed and that's what it's all about.

Back home we found the sea breeze had cleared away our cabin fever and we never got close to anyone. The nearest boat had been about 70m away.

It wasn't as good as prospecting but it helped our sanity.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:53 pm

planetcare wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:There is no immediate answer/solution to this crisis, for choosing to go either way (between the economy or the virus) is a disaster, for there is no meeting in between, less a cure is found & found more sooner than later.

Kon. T25
The best hope for a cure is of course a vaccine but that is likely to be 18 months away. With lots of luck its possible that  some drugs with  covid anti viral activity might be found before then. A huge global effort is being directed towards this objective. But  any such drug/s must  show both in vivo and in vitro activity and proceed through to phase 3 trials before being approved for use in  humans.

I think the Malaria drugs have shown to be useful on people that have the corona virus, Malaria drugs have bee approved for use on people for tens of Decades we just need to get on with it.

How do you think China stopped the corona virus, (another version of SARS) in it tracks, sure some very fast isolation and treatment? with what? could it possibly have been the Malaria drug? and they have not really told the rest of us, or are the rest of us just been told to try different things to find out those results?

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:10 pm

This is the dilemma of it all Jim. If you are traveling with your partner & following all procedure of not stopping anywhere other than your final destination & back home again then you neither can catch nor spread the corona virus around. It is not just the spreading of the corona virus here, but keeping ones sanity intact.
As of tonight, there will be a ban on all gatherings of more than 2 people. On another note, Donald Trump has backed down from his comments, that the American economy will be open for trade by Easter.
Or, is China being fully honest with the rest of the world when saying they have achieved or are achieving towards stopping the progression of the corona virus Dave, for you wouldn't want to be in a position being caught up in China a witness to their draconian laws/ways of how they go about in reducing the spread of corona virus.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:21 pm

There seems to be some speculation that Chloroquine, an anti malaria drug derived from quinine, in combination with one of the drugs used to treat Aids, can kill or control the COVID19 virus.
No doubt that all stops are out in an attempt to find a treatment for the virus, and lets hope that something will turn up to turn the tide before the number of deaths soars to apocalyptic proportions, and the world economy collapses.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:There seems to be some speculation that Chloroquine, an anti malaria drug derived from quinine, in combination with one of the drugs used to treat Aids, can kill or control the COVID19 virus.
No doubt that all stops are out in an attempt to find a treatment for the virus, and lets hope that something will turn up to turn the tide before the number of deaths soars to apocalyptic proportions, and the world economy collapses.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/367/6485/1412

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:35 pm

Q33 Fingers crossed more sooner than later.
Stage 3 restrictions will begin from midnight tonight. This means further restriction on the gathering numbers of people & further restriction on unnecessary travel with hefty fines kicking in, if caught breaking the laws.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 pm

More than 700,000 people globally are now infected.The global growth in new infections sadly continues to show exponential growth, which on average means  the number of new cases will double very 3 days.
If this trend continues unabated globally  then we face the real possibility that by the end of April we could have more than 100 million people infected and more than  one million dead  and rising.Every person in every country must do whatever it takes to prevent this  apocalypse becoming a reality.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm

A classic tune, of inspiration.

https://youtu.be/I_izvAbhExY

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 pm

I had some flared jeans called bogarts in the mid 70's,they were tight, but not nearly to that extreme .
No wonder those boys could sing so high What a Face Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:49 pm

Yeah you're not wrong there moredeep. They bring the high tones to new heights. Laughing Ahh those were the days of flared jeans & high platform Windsor Smith shoes. Shocked Q35
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 pm

Carona virus panic - Page 5 20200316
Still got mine! Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Shocked Laughing Yep, mine were even bigger in platform & heel as a 14 year old. Them there days, the one with the biggest platform/longest heel, was considered the chief head honcho, even though they were only 5 foot tall. Laughing
Cheers Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:02 am

Kon61gold wrote:A classic tune, of inspiration.

https://youtu.be/I_izvAbhExY

Kon. T25

That’s what we are doing. Staying aliveeeeee

Here’s another

https://youtu.be/nmUXntGlqFI

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:37 am

What about 5g at 60 GHz being turned on for the first time, which effects the oxygen molecule, being responsible for a lot of what is happening. ls that a conspiracy theory to Kon Because you did not hear any thing about it, on the main stream media or our totally corrupt government.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 am

keogh wrote:What about 5g at 60 GHz being turned on for the first time, which effects the oxygen molecule, being responsible for a lot of what is happening. ls that a conspiracy theory to Kon Because you did not hear any thing about it, on the main stream media or our totally corrupt government.
Keogh please take your conspiracy theory's to the appropriate forums.
Many thousands of people are losing theirs lives,your comments are insulting and abhorrent .
Any further insulting comments about the covid19 situation won't be taken lightly!
Consider this a warning

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:25 am

Kon61gold wrote:planet care, it is not only the virus at stake here, but the collapse of world economy's. The longer this virus lasts, the greater the chance of all stock markets collapsing & the economy including our way of life, never to be the same again.

Kon. T25

Which is why I pulled my fifty bucks out of the bank....The banks will close their doors soon....If you are lucky the ATMs will be left functional
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:44 pm

Keogh, there's a time & a place for everything, as the truth will eventually come to light, but I am neither medically nor scientifically qualified to answer your questions, but prefer to concentrate on the problem at hand. I assure you that you are not helping anyone on here by insisting we read up on one conspiracy theory after another, in order of finding whom to blame. Right now, mankind has more important things to deal with, than searching for whom to blame.
Last & final warning, anymore conspiracy theories out of you & you will leave me with no choice, but to ban you from this forum for a couple of weeks. Is this what you want?

Kon.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:02 pm

What should of been done

86a46d4f-c6b3-4dc9-908b-df2eec58d1d2.MP4