Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carona virus panic

+25
goldmuss78
Sharkbait
mbasko
boobook
madtuna
flouro
thegoldman24
llanbric
straight wire
harryopal
keogh
dundiggin
geof_junk
Redfin
planetcare
Mechanic
moredeep
Dozer
Nightjar
Reg Wilson
Slavitoooo
Kon61gold
bicter
adrian ss
granite2
29 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 8 Empty Re: Carona virus panic

Post  planetcare Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:41 am

adrian ss wrote:He may be the chief medical officer but he clearly knows zip about fishing or the conditions under which it can take place.
   Is he referring to trawling in the open ocean/ or fishing from a pier or jetty or alone from a row boat or sitting on a river bank or fly fishing in a creek or tossing a line in the creek at the bottom of your property?? How about yabbying? maybe he should ban that as well .
    Fair suck! some people should stick to their profession instead of screwing with everybody else's

Most fishing trips involve travel. Unnecessary travel in Vic is banned. Their has also been clear  evidence that some anglers on piers  breakwaters and boat launching ramps and lakes were not practicing  social distancing or the 2 person rule.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:11 am

davsgold wrote:There is some crazy stuff going on Adrian and some very crazy decision makers.  If it wasn't so serious it would be funny, and there is no way you could even write fiction that comes close to what is happening.

cheers dave

Dave, Try reading, 1984 - George Orwell from memory written in 1959.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am

Nightjar wrote:
davsgold wrote:There is some crazy stuff going on Adrian and some very crazy decision makers.  If it wasn't so serious it would be funny, and there is no way you could even write fiction that comes close to what is happening.

cheers dave

Dave, Try reading, 1984 - George Orwell from memory written in 1959.

With respect you are pushing another conspiracy theory! If we are to save lives and slow the spread of this virus then that means we must  temporarily  give up  some of our rights and freedoms that we have all traditionally taken for granted.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:52 am

planetcare wrote: With respect you are pushing another conspiracy theory! If we are to save lives and slow the spread of this virus then that means we must  temporarily  give up  some of our rights and freedoms that we have all traditionally taken for granted.

With NO respect, so you are saying reading books is now banned because of purely FICTION written 60+ years ago?
Get hold of your self and think more about our Planet.
BTW, Why don't you come clean and let us all know who you REALLY are and not hide behind the keyboard!

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

Nightjar wrote:With respect you are pushing another conspiracy theory! If we are to save lives and slow the spread of this virus then that means we must  temporarily  give up  some of our rights and freedoms that we have all traditionally taken for granted.

With NO respect, so you are saying reading books is now banned because of FICTION conspiracy theories written 60+ years ago?
[/quote]

No! Smile

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:07 pm

Received a text message, From GMA (Game Management Authority) this morning saying, Victoria's Chief Health Officer, has advised that to help stop the spread of COVID-19, you "must" not leave home to go hunting. Stay home. Protect our health system. Save lives . So he couldn't be any more direct in his message than that. So I take it all other registered shooters here in Vic, to have been sent the same message.
What is currently happening is not a conspiracy (as much as some here want to believe) it is happening & it is taking lives. So can we please stop with all this conspiracy thought/nonsense one might have or be thinking, for we have far more important things to be considering than the ifs & buts of what is right or wrong. The Battle of the Bulge between right/wrong will come latter, but for now, lets all adhere to what we're being asked to do & not place ones self or others at risk.
Planetcare, lets not overstate things here, for people can read what ever they wish to read, as long as they keep any conspiracy thoughts to themselves & insist not on pushing any personal agenda they may have, through this forum.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 pm

An idle mind is the devils workshop,keep that brain busy every one. Laughing Laughing cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:33 pm

I guess we all look at things from a different perspective governed by our life experiences.
I see the fishing issue like this:
A couple of mates go fishing in a local river either from the bank or from a boat. They are both healthy and cannot give a virus to anybody no matter how hard they try and they cannot pick it up from the river. the chances are very remote indeed.
On the other hand because the rules state that they should stay home and only go out to do essential things for life continuity..So they decide to stay home and do some shopping for food for the rest of the week,buy some fish instead of fishing for it, so they go to the shops or super market and are forced to mix with many other people socially distanced or not. Unlike the river location the super market is full of people any one or more of whom could be carrying the virus or a cold or any other infectious disease and they are all breathing and coughing and sniffling around everybody else.

If you were trying to avoid or reduce your chances of contracting the corona V which of these two locations would you rather be in?.. I know where I would rather be.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:37 pm

some more reading, conspiracy, well have a read.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6146178014001?fbclid=IwAR3I3vOA-S22x2FMvQ_-YvJOtjkjTAqMbJ12q6diSNz8JFsxo3lXjKbiLlg

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:39 pm

The Chinese is government is an absolute disgrace and the world is bowing to them. Accountability is the key for resolution and the only way to go forward in a progressive and sustainable world is to be transparent. Too much distortion and manipulation simply stifles the health of the planet.
Why are the Chinese wet markets or wet markets anywhere in the world still allowed to operate??????? Dumb......
I had a virus in mid December and am yet to fully recover form it and it would not surprise me if it was covid 19. I will be getting tested when the test kits come on the market to see if I have antibodies in my system so I can clear up my theory.
All the medical tests I had from January to late february show me to be fit and healthy but my respiratory system is not perfect yet.
Will we ever learn from these shocking events????
Cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm

One can only hope.
China has banned the consumption of cat and dog meat and certain other products.
In a country of many hundreds of million it's going to very very difficult to police.
China has to lead by example and hopefully other nations having these so called wet markets will follow.
But alas I fear there is little hope when they haven't/won't outlaw the use of bear bile to treat other human related diseases, Sad Sad Sad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:12 pm

Will we ever learn from these shocking events? Shocked  No we will not. Not where money is concerned.  Smile  The disgrace is not in China & its people, for they're doing whats best for them & their nation, not like the rest of the world, investing big over many a year in the Chinese economy, for the sake of far  greater/better profit in return.
No Bill, I hate to say it & this might sound as heartless, but the world is copying what they deserve, for turning a blind eye on everything else, for the sake & in return of higher profits & that's what we've all bowed down to.
Take care & get better soon m8.

Cheers Kon.  T25

Reminds me Kon of one of my favorite quotes. I think it was from Noam Chomsky,in that "competition is the root of all evil" [ a bit lefty I know]
Apart from money it also includes such things as sport,just look at AFL states hating states just over a game of kick to kick,fans get into fisty cuffs over game results,and English soccer is appalling re pre&post match fights etc .
Love is no different either,men fighting to the death over a women.
Competition in the money world is ruthless and making money has no boundaries,but unfortunately it's all we humans really know..
The world of Barter will never exist. Sad

cheers  moredeep
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Dave, re the masks and gloves. Were you asking the question: "is that true or did you hear it on the ABC"? Very Happy What I have written below comes from researching this problem in considerable depth, not just from the ABC

Actually what I did see it on the ABC concurs with my other research. Doctors and nurses know how to safely remove gloves but most people simply pull at the fingers so they can quite easily get the virus on their hands. Once on their hands it then depends on how well they then wash their hands. Feeling quite safe after wearing gloves many don't put in the effort to rid themselves of a virus they don't think they have on their hands.

As for face masks: wearing a face mask when you don't have an illness will not prevent you from getting it. Mind if I was flying in a crowded plane at the moment I would wear one. Face masks are best used on those already infected to prevent others getting it. The virus is not airborne except when it is ejected from the mouth of an infected person. Then it is airborn riding in a droplet that will fall to the ground with a couple of meters. Many tests of the air just outside a CV ward have shown negative to the virus.

On the other hand the virus can survive on a hard shiny surface such as shopping trolly handles and hard shiny plastic for around 24 hours. On more pourus surfaces it will survive for a much shorter time.

The main defense against the virus is to wash your hands as often as possible using either good soap or a recognized brand of anti bacterial hand wash.

But as I earlier said, we are unfortunately going to see many deaths and injuries from domestic violence if this thing isn't over soon. In SA we are lucky that we can go fishing as long as we practice social distancing as well as exercising outdoors.

But of course we must all run the gauntlet of shopping at the supermarket, the most dangerous thing we can do at the moment. We do it as quickly as possible and wash our hands before and after unloading and storing our purchases. But we do miss that relaxing cup of coffee and donut before we shop.

Whatever you choose to do, stay safe and we can all get though this.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:10 pm

All good advice Jim, and as always there are plenty of differing views, it seems different viruses can remain airborne for differing lengths of time, Corona Virus some say only a few seconds, and others are nos so sure.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-can-become-aerosol-doesnt-mean-doomed/

As for gloves, well if somebody tries to remove gloves by pulling at the fingers instead of pealing then down and off deserves what they get.

Masks again there are differing opinions, some say healthy people should wear them when out shopping and the like, just to be on the safe side, and lets face it if an infected person is out wandering about (which they should not be) should have a mask on and a plastic bag over there head as well Mad

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Good Advice Jim/Dave (less the plastic bag over their head part for total safety) Laughing Hence why draconian laws are put in place, with the issuing of hefty fines, for there will always be, the hand full few, who treat the rest of us with with contempt, by not giving a fat rats cooter about the concern of others, but only themselves.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Found this report dating back to 2004, very interesting and a realistic outlook on life as we beings see it. (No conspiracies) Smile

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1299209/

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:29 pm

To put it bluntly Pete, the fear of the unknown & what happens or will happen from one day to the next, will always be on every-bodies mind, regardless of the times we live in. One thing I'v learnt out of this short life of ours,(as compared to the spance of time itself), is that It ain't worth worrying about solving tomorrows problems today, but concentrate on solving the problems one faces today, so that there may be less problems to solve tomorrow.  
To keep things clear & transparent all of the time, no matter where or from whom the information has comes from, is not, nor has it ever been, in the interests of man to do so, hence the cost/price, all forms of life, end up paying in general.
Bottom line Pete, man will always fear what he doesn't understand.
Now lets hope no one ends up resurrecting the writings of Isaac Asimov, or the prophecies of Nostradamus.  Shocked  Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:21 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Will we ever learn from these shocking events? Shocked  No we will not. Not where money is concerned.  Smile  The disgrace is not in China & its people, for they're doing whats best for them & their nation, not like the rest of the world, investing big over many a year in the Chinese economy, for the sake of far  greater/better profit in return.
No Bill, I hate to say it & this might sound as heartless, but the world is copying what they deserve, for turning a blind eye on everything else, for the sake & in return of higher profits & that's what we've all bowed down to.
Take care & get better soon m8.

Cheers Kon.  T25

Reminds me Kon of one of my favorite quotes. I think it was from Noam Chomsky,in that "competition is the root of all evil" [ a bit lefty I know]
Apart from money it also includes such things as sport,just look at AFL states hating states just over a game of kick to kick,fans get into fisty cuffs over game results,and English soccer is appalling re pre&post match fights etc .
Love is no different either,men fighting to the death over a women.
Competition in the money world is ruthless and making money has no boundaries,but unfortunately it's all we humans really know..
The world of Barter will never exist. Sad

cheers  moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 am

I would rather put up with draconian and restrictive laws for 1 month than half arsed restrictions for 6 months. They are saying that these laws will be with us for 6 months, but this will be in a worst case scenario. If things get better within 2 weeks then I am sure the restrictions will be relaxed.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:04 am

Axtyr wrote:
I would rather put up with draconian and restrictive laws for 1 month than half arsed restrictions for 6 months. They are saying that these laws will be with us for 6 months, but this will be in a worst case scenario. If things get better within 2 weeks then I am sure the restrictions will be relaxed.

Regards Axtyr.

So when did the "Six Months" start from? they have been saying it for near a month now so is it realistic now for them to be saying "Five Months" ect ect as the time ticks by,down to zero.

Or in Six months time it will still be six months.

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:11 am

Who knows is the answer Dave.
If you're working it's bearable or if you are staying at home; it's basically going to become GROUND HOG DAY:( Sad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:09 am

davsgold wrote:
Axtyr wrote:

Regards Axtyr.

So when did the "Six Months" start from? they have been saying it for near a month now so is it realistic now for them to be saying "Five Months" ect ect as the time ticks by,down to zero.

Or in Six months time it will still be six months.

The restrictions will not be lifted or relaxed until the  new infection rate is close to or zero for at least a month. Unfortunately i think a 6 month time frame is not realistic its more likely to be at least 12 months or longer  unless a treatment or vaccine is developed.If the restrictions are lifted too soon then the infection rate could take off again and all the hard won gains over the previous months would be lost.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:15 am

If you were betting on this then I think planetcares' 12 months is closer to the mark than Axtyrs' 2 weeks if things improve.

They have hardly even finished deploying all the regulations yet, still a few up there sleeve to come, only just hard closed the internal boarders, and need to issue plenty of fines for there hard work.

Either Axtyr is very optimistic or I am very cynical

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:12 pm

Davsgold.

I am only optimistic in the relaxing of the restrictions on us participating in some recreations.

If after a month we see a great reduction in new infections, or even no new infections at all, I think the state government might lift some of the restrictions for a short time at least. Within Australia this will go on for a long time, especially if those who have returned from overseas lately insist on going out into the general public and possibly infecting others.

I can no longer enjoy my sport as the club is off limits. A friend of mine has had their Men's Shed shut down as well.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Hopefully they'll make it "one person activity" eg playing golf by yourself,fishing by yourself ect.
I,m assuming amateur and professional bike riders can still ride their bikes?? ,not in packs I'm guessing?
Then again why is it you can ride your bike out on a busy hwy[ very risky] and one can't wanderer around the bush detecting,so many grey area's here folks.
There are many many more bike riders than detectorist?
Calm and logical comments need only to apply please Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Axtyr wrote:Davsgold.

I am only optimistic in the relaxing of the restrictions on us participating in some recreations.

If after a month we see a great reduction in new infections, or even no new infections at all, I think the state government might lift some of the restrictions for a short time at least. Within Australia this will go on for a long time, especially if those who have returned from overseas lately insist on going out into the general public and possibly infecting others.

I can no longer enjoy my sport as the club is off limits. A friend of mine has had their Men's Shed shut down as well.

Regards Axtyr.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-05/coronavirus-australia-live-blog-updates-covid-19-april-5/12122460

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Quote; "I would rather put up with draconian & restrictive laws for one month than half arsed restrictions for 6 months" This is one of the best comment to date I'v heard so far. Good on you Axtyr. Now imagine how things might have been, if all Australians had taken steps in doing the right thing, by adhering to the laws/restrictions, (as asked of us from our government/medical profession) from day one? We most likely all be one step closer, to bringing the spread of corona virus to its knees by now & well on our way to the lifting of most restrictions.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:29 am

Quote from my calendar today;
"It seems ironical that it takes a war or other crises to bring the peoples' Earth together. - P.K. Shaw"  (Well within 1 1/2 metres together.)

Keep healthy all.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:04 am

I don't get it, so if all the areas and people in Australia are in "Stay at home mode" for 14 days, and then another 14 for good measure.  Surely this must sort out the healthy from infected, yes.

Then why not just keep the infected locked away in Quarantine after say 28 days and let the rest out to got on with the rest of there business as thay are not infected nor likely to get infected as long as the ones that are infected stay in Quarantine.

The statements being made by the pollies and media that this is the "New Normal" is utter BS and there is no way we should have to "Get used to it"  

12 to 18 months before a "Vaccine" and then what, is it going to be mandatory for the whole population to be vaccinated? before we are aloud out again?

Gladis said this morning get used to it 12 to 18 months rararara BS

"There were 92 road deaths in February 2020. This is 9.0 per cent higher than the average for February over the previous five years."

Are we going to ban cars?

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 am

New York:

Deaths: 5,489, up 731 from early Monday. (In approx 5 months)

Confirmed cases: 138,836 statewide, up from 130,689 on Monday. In New York City, there were 76,876 cases, up from 72,181.

Hospitalized: 17,493 people statewide, up from 16,837.

In intensive care: 4,593, up 89 from 4,504 on Monday.

Last year there were 2100 flu deaths in new York ( over 12 months)

Glad I do not live in New York.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next