Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carona virus panic

+25
goldmuss78
Sharkbait
mbasko
boobook
madtuna
flouro
thegoldman24
llanbric
straight wire
harryopal
keogh
dundiggin
geof_junk
Redfin
planetcare
Mechanic
moredeep
Dozer
Nightjar
Reg Wilson
Slavitoooo
Kon61gold
bicter
adrian ss
granite2
29 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 6 Empty Re: Carona virus panic

Post  thegoldman24 Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:58 pm

what this man has to say about this carona virus panic makes a lot of sense. for those interested type into youtube the following extended lockdowns a form of mass torture

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:03 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Keogh, there's a time & a place for everything, as the truth will eventually come to light, but I am neither medically nor scientifically qualified to answer your questions, but prefer to concentrate on the problem at hand.
Kon.

Thanks Kon another logical and common sense response!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:12 pm

thegoldman24 wrote:what this man has to say about this carona virus panic makes a lot of sense. for those interested type into youtube the following   extended lockdowns a form of mass torture

David Icke  Mad  is a lunatic conspiracy theorist!
Icke even claims that the lizards are behind secret societies like the Freemasons and the Illuminati. Since earning the dubious title of "paranoid of the decade" in the late 1990s, Icke has written several books on the topic, including his latest work, The David Icke Guide to the Global Conspiracy, while operating his own website!
David Icke, is a British curiosity famous for claiming that the moon isn't real and that the world is run by shape-shifting alien reptiles! Mad

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm

Wacky conspiracy theories have no place on this forum. As Kon Very Happy  says we must face up to he problem at hand which is: what we can all do to slow down the infection rate of this virus.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:29 pm

planetcare wrote:
thegoldman24 wrote:what this man has to say about this carona virus panic makes a lot of sense. for those interested type into youtube the following   extended lockdowns a form of mass torture

David Icke  Mad  is a lunatic conspiracy theorist!
Icke even claims that the lizards are behind secret societies like the Freemasons and the Illuminati. Since earning the dubious title of "paranoid of the decade" in the late 1990s, Icke has written several books on the topic, including his latest work, The David Icke Guide to the Global Conspiracy, while operating his own website!
David Icke, is a British curiosity famous for claiming that the moon isn't real and that the world is run by shape-shifting alien reptiles! Mad

What you saying, fake news! did he mention that the earth might be flat? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:10 pm

1 in a million chance of dying from Chinese flu in Australia at the moment.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:23 pm

keogh wrote:  23 deaths in Australia and they close the country down for three months.?    

Australia has implemented exactly the right strategy to manage a  highly infectious  virus disease  for which the population has no immunity, their is no vaccine or no anti viral treatment.Without this strategy Australia would have many, many more infections and many more deaths.Australia infections have not yet reached their peak and sadly we will see the date rate rise.But the aim of Australia's strategy is to avoid the disasters we see in Italy,Spain and now the USA. Unless the global infection rate is slowed down then I think we will see  millions die.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 6 Empty RE; CARONA VIRUS PANIC

Post  dundiggin Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 pm

That's the position planetcare,, so those backpackers who don't want to co-operate with the life saving restrictions, ought to be sent off packing back to where they come from post haste.. dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Social and physical distancing measures aim to slow the spread of disease by stopping chains of transmission of COVID-19 and preventing new ones from appearing. These measures secure physical distance between people (of at least one metre), and reduce contact with contaminated surfaces, while encouraging and sustaining virtual social connection within families and communities. Measures for the general public include introducing flexible work arrangements such as teleworking, distance learning, reducing and avoiding crowding, closure of non-essential facilities and services, shielding and protection for vulnerable groups, local or national movement restrictions and staying-at home measures, and coordinated reorganization of health care and social services networks to protect hospitals. The measures are used in conjunction with individual protective measures against COVID-19 such as frequent hand washing and cough etiquette
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200401-sitrep-72-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=3dd8971b_2

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Don't bother replying back with an answer planetcare for both Keogh & straight wire are on a short holiday break.
To anyone else on here, who insists on bringing forth further conspiracy theories, for the purpose of creating confusion/anarchy/turmoil, i would suggest you think again, for it will no longer be tolerated. Please keep all or any conspiracy theories one might have or come up with, to your selves. V02 V04

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Thanks Kon,I'm all for mature and sensible debate as well as a little bit of light heartiness
In these times of absolute tragedy when thousands of people are dying these conspiracy's are disgusting.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1862
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Q03  Oh, what a beautiful morning oh, what a beautiful night, I've got a wonderful feeling, everything is going to be alright! Q03
Luke 21:11 Revelation 21:4

Moving right along to the next world crisis...……………………..
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  flouro Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi All,

Then there is the people in total denial or they just dont want to get it, aye Pete

Ron

flouro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:01 am

Ron, Have already mentioned, I wouldnt be here now if I'd panicked years ago, not about too now! Natural causes, car prang or this seasons influenza will get me before this. I ask you why is there so much uneccessary panic. The situation is serious but!!!@!
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  madtuna Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 am

Agree Pete, while it is serious the hysteria and panic can often be as bad as the damn virus. If the idiots didn't panic maybe my kids could get a roll of damn dunny paper and some milk.

Also, I'm not one who buys into conspiracy theories but I have to say it was a shame to see the video that I think Keoh posted deleted. I managed to see half of it and wouldn't have put it into the conspiracy theory basket.
It was a good example of the fake news we're often fed by our mainstream media. Passing off footage of Italian hospitals as US hospitals, and citizens filming what was in stark contrast to what the media was reporting happening at various locations.

Bit worried about posting anything now that doesn't tow the party line, it might be seen as a conspiracy theory and then you're out of here.

madtuna
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 am

You are right nightjar, this is serious, and getting worse, however it is obvious that even the American leadership is now taking it serious, albeit a lot too late as their situation is proving.
This is not the time for conspiracy theories or political point scoring, but time to do the sensible thing and put self interest on the back burner, and just STAY HOME.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 am

Just remember that these are "regulations" not "Legislation" never been debated or passed in any parliament (state or federal) they can be repealed or remain as long at there choosing

I'm starting to think..................well I best not say what I am thinking

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:41 am

The few times I've ventured out it is becoming very obvious the continual media beating has taken effect. The public, especially the future elders
are scared shitless (maybe the lack of dunny paper), no eye contact, no talking, no laughing, moving around like zombies. The future looks very grim.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 am

Nightjar wrote:The few times I've ventured out it is becoming very obvious the continual media beating has taken effect. The public, especially the future elders
are scared shitless (maybe the lack of dunny paper), no eye contact, no talking, no laughing, moving around like zombies. The future looks very grim.

How to brainwash and entire population in a few easy steps, repeat the same thing on the media over and over. 24/7 nonstop, have the big ugly virus floating in the background on all the news and supposed current affairs tv shows, interviews from media reporters.

Really, truly, this is all supposed to be factual reporting, if it looks like a pig, squeals like a pig......well, u know the rest.

I have seen nothing yet to instill any confidence into the general population from anything that is being reported.

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:54 am

l have a legitimate concern about child care.As we all know children are not immune to covid19 and yet they are free to play all day long with a good chance of contaminating each other.Children display very mild symptoms so is often difficult to pick up.The problem begins when mum collects her child after just finishing her shift in an aged care facility . Mum now becomes infected returns to work and unknowingly spreads virus to those that are most at risk of dying from this virus.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:56 am

davsgold wrote:
Nightjar wrote:The few times I've ventured out it is becoming very obvious the continual media beating has taken effect. The public, especially the future elders

How to brainwash and entire population in a few easy steps, repeat the same thing on the media over and over.  24/7 nonstop, have the big ugly virus floating in the background on all the news and supposed current affairs tv shows, interviews from media reporters.

Really, truly, this is all supposed to be factual reporting, if it looks like a pig, squeals like a pig......well, u know the rest.

I have seen nothing yet to instill any confidence into the general population from anything that is being reported.

I think the ABC is the most reliable source of corona virus info.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:59 am

Well, here in the New England of NSW we have the local member on the one hand telling us (by email) what we can and also should not do, whilst on the other hand being totally contradicted by police edicts and threat of fines.
After the initial surge of panic buying of all the loo paper, flour, pasta and rice, our two supermarkets (Coles & Woolies) are now almost devoid of shoppers.
Why?... well its not because people are staying home, its cos the shelves are still empty.
Ask the floor manager about stock replacement, the usual response is a shrug of the shoulders and a "we don't know". Similar with their butchers department..."temporarily closed". What?...for refurbishment... don't think so, similar with the three other butcher shops in town... no meat deliveries coming through.

The newsagent is doing fine, people clambering to buy some scurrilous rag and their lottery ticket fix, as are the takeaway's, pie and coffee shops.
But poor bugger me finds my favourite water hole locked, barred and shuttered. For how long?...who knows.

I think this saga has some way to run, and being the cynic I am, feeling very suspicious that behind the scenes there is a very underlying future threat to our freedom as we knew it.
It all somehow reminds me of the MD's philosophy of a Company I once worked for "management by crisis, control through fear"

We are quite happy hibernating away, shelves full of books, pantry full of food, three freezers stocked with meat (mainly venison!) plus there is always this damned electronic device to play with.
Did I mention grog!

Stay home, stay happy folks. Cool
mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:09 am

Very true Mike, you and Chris stay safe, will anything ever be like it was before, probably not, it's how they really wanted it, did we trust the pollies before, not very much, do we trust them now, even less.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:12 am

thegoldman24 wrote:l have a legitimate concern about child care.As we all know children are not immune to covid19 and yet they are free to play all day long with a good chance of contaminating each other.Children display very mild symptoms so is often difficult to pick up.The problem begins when mum collects her child after just finishing her shift in an aged care facility . Mum now becomes infected returns to work and unknowingly spreads virus to those that are most at risk of dying from this virus.

The only way around this is to test all the children and their parents on a regular basis which from a resource and personnel perspective is probably impracticable.The best we can do is to regularly test all those working with those people that are most at risk of dying from this virus.Australia is well ahead of the rest of the world in testing having now tested over 10% of the population.As well as social distancing and good hygiene  testing as many people as possible is critically important in controlling the spread of the virus. Some faster diagnostic tests are becoming available and this should increase  amount of testing  provided the tests  are reliable and don;t miss some positive cases.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:50 am

Morning Mr & Mrs Boobook, looks like you are experiencing more than what Slim Dusty sang in his "Pub with no beer" you now have no beer AND no pub. affraid
No doubt there will be improvement soon Michael, you and Chris take care, and you too Dave & Veronica.
The ABC giving out reliable information! Very Happy Suspect

With the talk of recession in these troubled times, which could lead to another depression?
During the 30's depression, many died from influenza, pellagra (starvation related), tuberculous and other contagious diseases.
We all know what ended the "The Great Depression" through the 1930's...…………….. WW2!
Millions of unemployed were now instantly employed, and deaths escalated, and estimated 75 million died as result of this futile war.
Production reached record levels though, guns, ammunition, ships, planes and tanks...
And you say you're cynical Michael?

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:56 am

l would be very interested to know how many deaths have been recorded so far in Australia from common flu in 2020. l cant find any stats.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:10 pm

thegoldman24 wrote:l would be very interested to know how many deaths have been recorded so far in Australia from common flu in 2020. l cant find any stats.
In Australia, influenza on average causes 1,500 to 3,000 deaths, about 18,000 hospitalisations and 300,000 GP consultations each year.
Then why should we worry about  Corona virus one may well ask?
I have said this before but its worth repeating. Corona virus is  much more infectious than influenza- and therefore has the potential to cause  more cases, more hospitalisations and more deaths than  influenza.
Their is no vaccine for Corona and the population has no  immunity to it  unlike influenza where we have a vaccine.
The corona mortality rate  would escalate dramatically for persons  that also have  influenza.

Last edited by planetcare on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting spelling)

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Once again, I find repeating myself on this. This is not the common seasonal flue or strain of influenza we are currently experiencing, or we wouldn't have fit/healthy everyday doctors, nurses, carers or care workers, some dying from looking after the ones critically stricken with COVID-19.
It don't matter from where, who, how & why this has come to be, but it is real, it is here & it is happening.
People should concentrate on the issues/reality facing us at hand & not on trying to find out who or whats really behind it all, or who's distorting the facts more than the other.
BTW, madtuna, If anyone wishes to throw a spanner in the works, by telling others none of this is really happening, nor does it seem to exist, in a time when people across the globe are at their most vulnerable of catching, spreading, or even dying from such a disease/virus, I suggest they think again.
You do mean "mortality" rate & not "morality" rate planetcare, no?

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Once again, I find repeating myself on this. This is not the common seasonal flue or strain of influenza we are currently experiencing, or we wouldn't have fit/healthy everyday doctors, nurses, carers or care workers, some dying from looking after the ones critically stricken with COVID-19.
It don't matter from where, who, how & why this has come to be, but it is real, it is here & it is happening.
People should concentrate on the issues/reality facing us at hand & not on trying to find out who or whats really behind it all, or who's distorting the facts more than the other.
BTW, madtuna, If anyone wishes to throw a spanner in the works, by telling others none of this is really happening, nor does it seem to exist, in a time when people across the globe are at their most vulnerable of catching, spreading, or even dying from such a disease/virus, I suggest they think again.

Cheers Kon. T25

Well spoken again Kon! I don't know how you get the message across to some folk about just how serious this issue is. Health workers are risking and giving their lives in some cases to protect  us and yet some people still want to argue  the where, who, how & why this has come to be or whinge about their loss of freedoms!!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  madtuna Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Once again, I find repeating myself on this. This is not the common seasonal flue or strain of influenza we are currently experiencing, or we wouldn't have fit/healthy everyday doctors, nurses, carers or care workers, some dying from looking after the ones critically stricken with COVID-19.
You do mean "mortality" rate & not "morality" rate planetcare, no?

Cheers Kon. T25

For starters Kon, nowhere did I imply it's not serious at all. It is DAMN serious! Please don't for a minute think I don't think it's serious. But the media and their sensationalism is responsible for a lot of this panic that we are witnessing now.

We have to be very careful where we get our information from especially with mainstream media, not just on CV but on all things.
The video clearly pointed out stark contrasts between what the news was reporting at various locations to what was actually happening at those same locations.

That was not conspiracy theory (which I don't subscribe to) it was fact.

Unfortunately we'll never know now because you've seen fit to delete it because it doesn't fall into line with the way you or your new bestie Planetcare AKA Doug AKA Marshall demands we all think.

Please don't treat people like idiots or children just because they have differing opinions than you.

madtuna
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-02-22

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next