Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotels not fit for housing a virus

4 posters

Go down

Hotels not fit for housing a virus  Empty Hotels not fit for housing a virus

Post  Jungle Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:54 pm

SA will be the next lock down as tourist come in a couple of weeks from interstate and overseas for the Fringe. Why is the Government running these events with a disease that can escape and shut down an economy. Eg The tennis. Cut the snake off from the head. Stop people coming into Australian capital cities with the virus before its too late causing the turmoil to the population. Quarantine any where but a populated area. Australia is big enough. Hotels in the city are not the place to house people with a very infectious disease. These are my thoughts so we can visit interstate with out the possibility of another lock down. Detecting
Jungle
Jungle
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-10-16

charliec likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hotels not fit for housing a virus  Empty Re: Hotels not fit for housing a virus

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hotels not fit for housing a virus  Empty Re: Hotels not fit for housing a virus

Post  Kon61gold Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Certainly can't say I dis-agree with you there jungle. More needs to be done in way of protocol & safety procedures, for this is only the beginning of what the government plans to bring or allow back in.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:55 pm

davsgold wrote:Your right about stopping people coming back to Australia, it nothing short of ludicrous, while restricting the actual people that live here from traveling interstate.

Close the damn international boarders properly, they have had 12 months now to surely see bringing people back here, is always, not just sometimes, the starting point for every outbreak.

Perhaps you would think differently if it was you or your family that can't get back home.  I have a son stuck in Spain and getting back home still looks like it could be 6>12 months away.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:43 pm

I think that the best answer in his case is to hope that he can get immunized before he can get a flight, but being a foreigner he doesn't know if or when he can be vaccinated.  

Unfortunately, testing is not a guarantee as can be seen by the recent Melbourne outbreak and also that of the tennis player being tested ok before leaving Oz only to be tested positive in South Africa.  So it can be picked up on the aircraft or in transit along the route.  

But again, even if immunized that doesn't mean that you can't be a carrier, so we need to have quarantine on arrival until this bug is licked.

Last edited by pablop on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Importing a virus is plain silly. While I understand people wanting to get home and their families being anxious for them we should be thinking of the greater good.

Many of these people will come home to no job and will be on the dole anyway, so why not pay them enough to keep them where they are, Money for food and housing has to be cheaper than shutting down entire states at the cost of billions and jobs lost by so many here.

I understand they have rights but so do the people suffering here. One person coming home with the virus and it getting loose means more business going broke more people out of work all at a cost of billions.

Think of all those people who go overseas for work and stay away for years, We now have skype and such, cheap phone calls and emails for them to keep in touch. When I went overseas working we only had letters that sometimes took weeks to get there but and we had phones but international calls cost about a days wages for 20 minutes.

Once we have everyone vaccinated everyone can safely come home and save many billions of dollars and jobs.

Paying them to stay makes a helluva lot more sense.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down