Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contestants Wanted

+22
coles525
byronbinalong
Undertaker
Narrawa
Greg
FoolsGold
Vb4meta
Tributer
gollstar
MS
chopppacalamari
Curley
Rtanweb
madmaverick
marty
kon61
24kt
Jonathan Porter
garretace150
evan2010
GoldstalkerGPX
K2
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contestants Wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Contestants Wanted

Post  MS Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi K2
I doubt anyone would be interested if they can't keep what they find, you could easily overcome that problem by having a scan with the detector to see if anyone is carrying nuggets each day before the comp or even have each operator have someone digging up the targets.
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:01 am

i'm with you on that one madtuna, you prob wont be able to comment on this one but what or who ends up with the findings? it's a bit rough handing over your findings and finding out you go home with nothing????
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:01 am

Who keeps the gold? or is it donated to a charity?

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:17 am

Very Happy

Last edited by gollstar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:39 am

Professional detector users on the show???.....They go back to where the newbies found the odd nugget during the day and then clean up.

You should have a last chance token hunt session where the three with the least gold after a day have to search a flagged off couple acres for 30 minutes to find as many tokens as possible, the one with the least is booted out.

You also need a couple Americans on the show to open up possible sales to the USA TV market. They could use Garrett infiniums.

And what will be the viewers competition, Guess the weight of gold that contestant x will find in a day or the group will find over the total competition or perhaps guess the weight of a filthy big nugget JP flashes throughout the show? Ring 1900....to enter @55 cents a go and you can fund a fair chunk of the shows cost from the phone call income. The winning viewer gets a GPX5500 sponsored by you know who.

Count me in as a newbie who has had a little bit of luck.

Tributer

Last edited by Tributer on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Vb4meta Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:02 am

I can drink my own weight in beer daily if the weathers right, that makes me a professional I guess.

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 am

Hi K2, Where will this be brodcasted ? The local Town Hall, give Alby Mangles a dial he is good at this type of production.

Maybe Gretel Killeen could hoast the show & hold the contestants nuggets too.

DINGO

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:25 am

Ok, now MT I do have a macro lens and a lot of things can be done in the edit affraid lol!

Your not reading what I have put up there scratch I never said the contestants would go home with nothing, I only pointed out what we have in place to discourage people bringing a pocket full of gold with them Cool

You folk are getting a first peak at inside information and a heads up to what is going on. I do hope some of you get a shot. While I am the host I may not have say over who gets on because sponsors of the show may run comps of some type under their banner to fill the spots. I do know it will be tough, fair, and fun at times. While you don't compete against me I get to ... ( never mind ) silent

K2

Last edited by K2 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 am

Hi K2, Sounds like a pipe dream to me, how much experiance do you have at this type of venture. I work in this Industry.

DINGO.

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 am

DINGO wrote:Hi K2, Sounds like a pipe dream to me, how much experiance do you have at this type of venture. I work in this Industry.

DINGO.

Oh dear I don't think that is a fair assumption. But each to their own. Wink You could even be right.

K2

Last edited by K2 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tick)
K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:57 am

K2 wrote:
DINGO wrote:Hi K2, Sounds like a pipe dream to me, how much experiance do you have at this type of venture. I work in this Industry.

DINGO.

Oh dear I don't think that is a fair assumption. But each to their own. Wink You could even be right.

K2

Great Special K, Could you Get Birdman on the team. NOW.

DINGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:55 am

Who foots the bill for travel and accommodation?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:56 am

Quote "
Now at the end of 20 days (if that remains the time span) Fred has 36grams it will be revealed how much his two competitors have. The contestant who has the highest total stays on the show and the other two are sent home and replaced by two more keen hunters!" Unquote

Does that mean the comp then goes on for another 20 days for the 2 new hunters?

Contestants cannot be made to hand their gold in because if they find it , it is theirs if they have the necessary fossicking licence ( I don't know what is needed in QLD) If they don't have the necessary paperwork permit then they have to leave the gold in the ground pale Chuckle, Chuckle. Wink Wink

The Flag waving, Tin container, n Jumping up n down yelling "I found abit! Quic take a pic"! Laughing idea has some merit and could be thought out in a bit more detail maybe?.

The idea of a Chaperone witness for each contestant as mentioned earlier in the thread could possibly be made to work. But in any case I guess like in all competitions a means of detecting cheats should be in place and we also know that there will be someone trying it on.

Adrian SS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:58 am

Nugget things have changed quite a bit from yuor original idea.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2426-full-time-vs-part-time-prospecting

Re: Full Time vs Part Time Prospecting
K2 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:58 pm

"Thank you for your replies and input. Cyril will have the following set up …
One ML4500 Plus a ML5000 and several coils, one Garmin SX60 GPS, one Honda 2.5 genni, One country phone and a laptop computer set up with Telstra. One extra fridge freezer 80 ltr Downunder, One 18 ft caravan with annex , one 1994 Toyota Landcruiser ute. Uncle Cyril will have a $10,000 back-up account and will receive $650 per fortnight. His task will be to find 3 grams per day with his results checked 1st of every month. Cyril will have a dog for company in camp.
He is healthy, fit and has some bush skills and some mechanical ability and a good amount of common sense. He is 56 yrs old.
I know these details to be true as I will set all this up for him at my cost.
He will be in Clermont QLD for 12 months.

What do you think … can he do it ? has he got enough gear ?

K2 "

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:33 am

K2 wrote:Ok, now MT I do have a macro lens and a lot of things can be done in the edit affraid lol!

Your not reading what I have put up there scratch I never said the contestants would go home with nothing, I only pointed out what we have in place to discourage people bringing a pocket full of gold with them Cool

You folk are getting a first peak at inside information and a heads up to what is going on. I do hope some of you get a shot. While I am the host I may not have say over who gets on because sponsors of the show may run comps of some type under their banner to fill the spots. I do know it will be tough, fair, and fun at times. While you don't compete against me I get to ... ( never mind ) silent

K2

Yes I am reading what you put up.. "The gold found if any will not be kept by the contestants" then this..."While you don't compete against me I get to ... ( never mind ) silent"
How the hell are we supposed to take that?

You mention prizes but don't mention what prizes.. it could be a $10 gift certificate at Miners Den. no thanks!

Sorry, your posts are too cryptic, remind me of emails from Nigeria and don't have enough detail to warrent any genuine interest at this stage.
Not saying it's not genuine, don't get me wrong there...just not enough hard details at this stage.
Good luck with it

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 am

Davsgold : your right it has changed because that concept had no appeal to an audiance so the concept has evolved to have more people involved yet still be posible for a small crew to handle.
I have spent the last 12 months on location in Clermont testing ideas and trying things myself to see what could and would work. With a camera involved things can get complicated, there is a shooting ratio I would like to keep. Prospectors are not profeshional extra's so I have to allow for that. On location I can not control the weather which can cost me time so I have to try and factor that in. I do not have a back-up as in a studio or sound stage. I could just set a few shots up or stage most of the footage I want but I think those already into prospecting and detecting would see straight through that so I have put a lot of time in getting this as tight as I can and while in pre-production things change dramaticly from week to to week and I am sure there will be more changes as we move forward. Very Happy

Madtuna: Yes you are right there is a lack of hard details at this point in time. I will write no more here about the compitition for now to avoid any frustration. I have to be a little criptic with some details but I see your point, that does not give you folk enough information again: that is probably frustrating from the readers POV. Smile

Adrian SS: I will take what you are saying on board and kick it around.

Now one more sleep and Santa will be here bounce Have a safe happy season everyone santa

K2

K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 am

madtuna wrote:
K2 wrote:Ok, now MT I do have a macro lens and a lot of things can be done in the edit affraid lol!

K2

Yes I am reading what you put up.. "The gold found if any will not be kept by the contestants" then this..."While you don't compete against me I get to ... ( never mind ) silent"
How the hell are we supposed to take that?

You mention prizes but don't mention what prizes.. it could be a $10 gift certificate at Miners Den. no thanks!

Sorry, your posts are too cryptic, remind me of emails from Nigeria and don't have enough detail to warrent any genuine interest at this stage.
Not saying it's not genuine, don't get me wrong there...just not enough hard details at this stage.
Good luck with it

Reminds me of days spent training and entertaining, equipment like HipSticks and B&Z boosters given for so called promotion and hours spent shooting scenes and nothing ever coming of it. BTW Nugget how is your mate RockBottom from Finders getting along?

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 am

While not a proffessional actor of your calibre, and I've not starred with the likes of Paul Hogan as you have...I was on Romper Room as a kiddy and do know Miss Kim (Hornby) personally Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:03 am

I am not normally a negative person, but I can see there is too much scope for conflict with your plans. I hope I am wrong but I guess we will see in time.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:17 am

Ok JP, you going to try and turn this into something ugly but I am not going to go down that track.

Panther: Yes it is going to be tough, and there will be conflict. But I will punch on.

Madtuna : LOL

K2

K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 am

K2 wrote:Ok JP, you going to try and turn this into something ugly but I am not going to go down that track.

K2

Nugget just stating the facts, the truth can sometimes be very ugly but still be the truth.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm

K2.
Hope you can get this going mate but you have got your work cut out.

What about the notion of making it an open slather type comp (pros excluded for the time being) where every contestant brings their own detector and coil type but put a limit on the max size coil. How much gold they find will then depend totally on luck, detector operator skill and how well they can read the ground and ground noises.

The idea of every competition is to get the best, smartest, fittest,fastest and in this case, most gold, bush and detector savy operator to win. I have never been a believer in any sort of applied handicap because that allows a chance for the least best to win. Sort of like having a one km sprint where one contestant is the world fastest over that distance and another contestant has one leg, so you give the 1 legger a 20 minute start over the world champ and then by some reason the one legger wins by running the race in 24 mins and the champ looses by 1/2 a second after running the race in say 4mins 1/2 sec. A pointless race because the fastest has not won. figures might be a bit off but you see what I mean.

You haven't mentioned prizes yet but the more valuable the prize the more likely you are to get cheats, so solve the cribbing problem and most of the other hassles will go away.

Cheers n Have a Great Christmas

Adrian SS

Last edited by Adrian SS on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Adrian SS wrote:K2.

The idea of every competition is to get the best, smartest, fittest,fastest and in this case, most gold, bush and detector savy operator to win. I have never been a believer in any sort of applied handicap because that allows a chance for the least best to win. Sort of like having a one km sprint where one contestant is the world fastest over that distance and another contestant has one leg, so you give the 1 legger a 20 minute start over the world champ and then by some reason the one legger wins by running the race in 20 mins and the champ looses by 1/2 a second after running the race in say 3 1/2 mins. A pointless race because the fastest has not won. figures might be a bit off but you see what I mean.

I agree...sort of like when Paul Hogan saw me on Romper Room and sent me the script and said "tuna...I want you in my Crock Dundee movies"
I knocked him back as I was auditioning for Sesame Street at the time and he said "damn! looks like we'll have to give it to that Nugget bloke" Very Happy

P.s. K2...who keeps the gold??? you?

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolsGold Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi K2

For a moment I was thinking it must have been April Fools Day, but then realised it is the Christmas Cheer that we should be sharing. Reading all these posts, really makes one wonder what is going on. Go to Google and type in: nugget clermont movie tv show. It is amazing what comes up, like:

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/07/09/2949106.htm Headline for this one is "Nugget's a gold digger" or try this one:
http://www.energymatters.com.au/index.php?main_page=news_article&article_id=802 Headline for this one is: Crocodile Dundee's "Nugget" Gets A Life And Goes Solar

Looks like the script needs a bit of work!

FoolsGold

FoolsGold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Damn, I wish Energy Matters would supply me with some solar gear to go camping/detecting. Hey Tuna can we go make a film and get some things supplied how good would that be.

"The system provided by Energy Matters consists of a folding array of solar panels with an output capacity of a half-kilowatt, 500 amp hours of deep cycle battery storage, an inverter charger, solar regulator and backup generator; along with custom cabinets built by the Energy Matters team to protect all the equipment"

Tuna how about a trip to WA and do a doco for TV we could maybe get sponsors for camp equipment, sat phones, detectors, off road camper vans and the list is endless Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by gollstar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted - Page 2 Empty RE: Contestants wanted!

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Would love to be in, sounds like a whole lot of fun one way or the other, Just one question, Who keeps all the gold at the end?????
P.s I'm hoping there will be no recall coils, I would totally loose it!
Cheers.
Chris.[b]

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted - Page 2 Empty I'll try again!

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Posted once and it went walk abouts.
Let me in it sounds like it could turn into a real Kufufall, however "NO" if there are recall coils present?
Cheers Chris.

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted - Page 2 Empty Typical

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Sorry guy's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rtanweb Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:30 pm

As fun as competing for a secret "prize" is, i am not giving away my gold just because some guy followed me with a camera. Count me out!

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next