Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Experience in WA

5 posters

Go down

An Experience in WA Empty An Experience in WA

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 am

Last edited by Jefgold on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:35 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

An Experience in WA Empty Re: An Experience in WA

Post  rc62burke Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am

Hey Jason
Welcome.

Mate I think you need to grab hold of the handbrake & pull hard, you do not seem to be organised to venture out in that area just yet, Mate I am not being a smartarse just trying to prevent a bit of a disaster & disappointment.
Do some planning, research where you can go & learn how to use your detector as this will make your trip much more enjoyable, try to team up with some more experienced.
Good luck & most of all be safe.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

An Experience in WA Empty HELP WANTED

Post  sandy2010 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:51 am

*********I can understand the fire in your belly, but I agree with Lee.......take one step back and be a bit more logical.
It might be worth considering to go to Victoria (much closer) and meet up with some of the forum guys in the goldfields.
Also, arrange to go on a training session with Coiltek in Maryborough.

Be lucky.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

An Experience in WA Empty Thanks, Lee & Sandy

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 am

Cheers, thanks for the advice.

Jason.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

An Experience in WA Empty over here

Post  nuget21 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 pm

mate you dont have to go that far out of kagoorlie to find the yella ,,and you can go to the mines office and print out tenement maps there easy
theres alot of areas within day trips out of kalgoorlie and you could stay at any of the caravan pks till you found some where legal to camp take the right precautions and carry a gps with you
all the best in your trip ,,nuget Very Happy Very Happy
nuget21
nuget21
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Jason Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:57 am

Last edited by Aussie Jason on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:11 am

Gezzzz guys we have been doing it all wrong for all these years!!!! Better throw all our gold back on to the ground then !!! Lol! And people wonder why old timers are a bit stand offish sometimes!!! cheers 

" one swallow does not a summer make" study 

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Jason Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 am

Last edited by Aussie Jason on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:21 am

As long as you have the things you need for your trip might as well go for it. The detectors are not that hard to use just make sure your battery is fully charged, make sure everything is done up right, turn on the detector and off you go.
Good on you for having a go and finding some great gold well done mate.
AP

Back to top Go down

An Experience in WA Empty Help wanted

Post  sandy2010 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Aussie Jason wrote:After driving to Leonora, pedal to the metal, it didn't take long to find the mines department so I could obtain some current maps and a prospectors licence (which in my opinion is just a waste of money) and within an hour of arriving I found a wonderful place to set camp at Malcolm Dam about 10km from Leonora township. After settling down for the night, i woke early and unpacked my 5000, put it together for the first time and then set off detecting, it took 4 hours to find my first piece of gold a lovely 14 grammer. I spent a total of 2 weeks at Leonora and obtained 33 grams of gold, mainly 0.5-2 grammers. MY ADVICE TO ANY NEWBY, IS TO GET OUT ON A GOLD FIELD AND SWING THAT DETECTOR AROUND... Don't let any ones ill advice slow you down. homework and research is best done on the field. I like to thank the few people who did reply to my questions, however not very helpful, more discouraging.

**************WELL DONE.......How about posting some photos and a bit of a story of your finds.....
that's what this forum is all about.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

An Experience in WA Empty License a waste of money?

Post  JBACKS3 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:09 am

Hi---
I've got a question... I compare swinging my GPX5000 around to fishing... dirt fishing.
And despite the fact that I'm retired (errh, I think you folks call us "pensioners") and an ignorant American and would LOVE not to pay fees... I'd never consider dodging the law. I fished all over Colorado for 30 years (doing the math, that would amount to over $1,200 in annual licenses) and was checked exactly once. I just chalked it up to supporting the hobby. I realize it's not a perfect comparison, but hopefully there's some tangible return for the fee (does it pay for the officers? roads/access?).

JBACKS3
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 am

cheers lol! If I'm expected to have my hand in my pocket every time I'm in America you can pay all fees!!! When in Rome ect,

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum