Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contestants Wanted

+22
coles525
byronbinalong
Undertaker
Narrawa
Greg
FoolsGold
Vb4meta
Tributer
gollstar
MS
chopppacalamari
Curley
Rtanweb
madmaverick
marty
kon61
24kt
Jonathan Porter
garretace150
evan2010
GoldstalkerGPX
K2
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contestants Wanted Empty Contestants Wanted

Post  K2 Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Ok … Here we go: Shocked
Is there anyone out there who would like to take up a place in a new TV Series about Gold hunting/detecting. We will be looking for a few contestants next year and I am giving you a heads up on this forum.
I am only checking to see if there is any interest: No application called for at the moment but I will be keeping notes of interested parties.
Those that make it onto the show will be required to give up 3-4 weeks of their life to participate. Accommodations will be supplied and tucker. Detecting equipment will be supplied. Location will be Clermont Queensland.
You will be required to find 3 grams a day over a 20 day period. (This requirement may vary)
You will be competing against two other contestants and the elements. (This may vary)
You don’t make your 3grams a day over the 20 days you are out and replaced.
There is a little more to it but those are the basics.
Those deemed professional will not take part in the first few rounds, more on that at a later stage. Yes our Judges do know who is who around the traps!

What do you think? Cool

K2

Last edited by K2 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted Empty Re: Contestants Wanted

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 pm

We're interested and pumped with energy, even though we've found diddly-squat to date. We'd also be good entertainment value as we naturally argue a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 pm

it sounds awesome but it counts me out as i have a young family and knowing my luck i wouldn't find that much in that time...... but doing something like this would open the door to many other things for people who will be up for it.... can't wait to see the out come off the show...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Yep, count me in if there is no nude shots. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:35 pm

K2, My wife tells me I should throw my hat in, so with interest await some finer details.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:50 pm

free food???? count me in

Also, I just spent a few hours watching yootoobs....I vote for The HOward!

p.s. I do do nude shots...for more food!

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted Empty contestents wanted

Post  evan2010 Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:01 am

Gday K2 Count me in as Interested!! Also if I dont win Can I take whatever I find Home instead? Very Happy
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  garretace150 Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:47 am

yep free food and get to see a new area! count me in!

garretace150
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 am

3 grams a day over a 20 day period is a pretty hard ask for non professional detectorists in unfamiliar country, what happens if they ping a 9 grammer today but nothing tomorrow, does the 9 gram bit cover their bums for 3 days or are they back to square one each and every day? You also haven't mentioned the types of locality to be made available to the contestants? Is it private unflogged ground, freshly bulldozed ground or just general grassed out GPA areas around Clermont?

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted Empty your bad bad boy LOL

Post  24kt Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:3 grams a day over a 20 day period is a pretty hard ask for non professional detectorists in unfamiliar country, what happens if they ping a 9 grammer today but nothing tomorrow, does the 9 gram bit cover their bums for 3 days or are they back to square one each and every day? You also haven't mentioned the types of locality to be made available to the contestants? Is it private unflogged ground, freshly bulldozed ground or just general grassed out GPA areas around Clermont?

JP

Hi , Leave 6 grams in the pocket and draw it out per day Very Happy

Dammmm I don't have three grams in 2 years LOL

PMSFL , Madtuna your bad bad boy LOL nuddie pics LOL for food !!!!!

cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 am

p.s. I do do nude shots...for more food!
You do that for free Laughing you know it Wink.
K2 good luck but count me out, but let us know what dates your doing the show could be worth a trip to watch it being filmed and some nude shots of MT No No No affraid
Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:11 am

K2 I think you are being unrealistic. Gold dosen't come like that. Do you hunt yourself? I have been to Clermont a number of times and might only find 7/8 grams one trip and 2 the next over a period of days. There is every chance you may have no contestants left after the first day.
Sorry, I wouldn't be interested. I don't like pressure out hunting. That's not what it is about. Is this a publicity stunt for Clermont? Looks that way to me.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:49 am

[quote="24kt"]
Jonathan Porter wrote:3 grams a day over a 20 day period is a pretty hard ask for non professional detectorists in unfamiliar country, what happens if they ping a 9 grammer today but nothing tomorrow, does the 9 gram bit cover their bums for 3 days or are they back to square one each and every day? You also haven't mentioned the types of locality to be made available to the contestants? Is it private unflogged ground, freshly bulldozed ground or just general grassed out GPA areas around Clermont?

JP

Hello, good question JP, If a contestant finds 9 grams today, then that person could sit for the next couple of days with less presure on them. ( I wouldn't do that myself I would be out still hunting and gathering )
The count up is taken over the total days so in fact if you find nothing for a few days then you get a little patch, that goes towards your total. Three grams a day may be a bit tough but it is a competition after all. I may change that requirment but at the moment that is what it is. I have tried this myself and made the total OK.
Will the contestants be working just GPA areas? No they will not, they will have oppertunity to be on private land plus have a chance to work pushed ground as well. We are also considdering a one shot chance at a seeded area (holding 6 grams) for each contestant. On that day the contestant will be given a choice to detect an area that is seeded or choose to ... ( secret, can't tell ) silent

K2
K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 am

it does sound like it would be great to do, so what detectors are going to be used? are they just using there set up or are there detectors going to be handed out? and what about coils? do people just use what thjey have?
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 am

Just let me get this right. 3 grams per day over 20 days=60grams.So if I score a 2 ouncer on the
first day,BINGO! I win a trip to the Bahamas yeh?....

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:09 pm

That's a wicked idea! You'll have to count me out but, i'm in the NEVER NEVER (never never find gold).I reckon even a day comp with each contestant or team being filmed would be an experience and a laugh with the antics you'd see.Would be a great boost for the detecting game hope it works out. MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted Empty count us in

Post  madmaverick Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:28 pm

have yet to find anything gold with a detector but learnig real fast with the detectors we have, would be keen to know more, would be an absolute hoot, tis a great idea for the whole prospecting fraternity, even if it is a tough ask.

count us in and keep us posted please

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Rtanweb Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Count Me In!

Both participating and watching. I recon i can get 3 per day on average in Victoria. I get close to couple of grams a day. If i did not have to travel to and from would probably get more Smile

I am a hobby prospector and only go detecting two maybe three days a month.

Looking forward to hearing details!

Cheers!

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi K2, I would love to do something like this, so if you haven't found the detector boys by now then consider me in the Competition.
How many prospectors are you after for your TV series and the gold found, do we keep that? Also, which month will the filming be done?
Thanks, uncle bob sunny

Back to top Go down

Contestants Wanted Empty re contestents wanted

Post  evan2010 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Good Question Stoppsy! I believe that for it to be fair and equal then all contestents should be using the same machine, ie 4500 or 5000 and maybe a regular 11" mono or similiar sized coil although i'd prefer my 14x9 eliptical Goldstalker as Im confident in its ability having used it most of the time this year.
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:02 pm

the thing is if people have never used the 4500 or the 5000 there the ones that are going to mostly not find anything or less than the people who have or use the 45s and the 5s. there should be like groupes with there detectors eg people whith 3000s another 3500s, 4000s ect... but they have the same coils in each groupe or they have 3 coils that they can only use for the hole thing. then people can use there own detectors and are use to the sounds and set ups.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Am interested but need to know the fine details.
There are a lot of ifs and buts in getting a detecting comp up to everybodies liking.
An area (unseeded) would have to be pretty rich for 10 or 20 or more blokes to pull a minimum of 3 gms per day for 20 days with a metal detector.
Yeah I guess if sombody finds a biggun or more than 3gms then take 3gms of for that day and go again.

How would you stop blokes from stashing a bit of the excess one day and using it the next and even if each has to hand his gold in at the end of each day you will not know if they are holding a bit back for the next day?

The comp is a great idea and I look forward to reading the fine details.

Adrian ss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm

QUOTE: (How would you stop blokes from stashing a bit of the excess one day and using it the next and even if each has to hand his gold in at the end of each day you will not know if they are holding a bit back for the next day?)

May be a Caddy or Chaperone.

Sounds like Madtuna needs one incase he finds the pantry, so the rest of the mob don`t go hungry. affraid affraid affraid

DINGO

ps: I guess the P155 will be supplied too. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Adrian SS wrote:How would you stop blokes from stashing a bit of the excess one day and using it the next and even if each has to hand his gold in at the end of each day you will not know if they are holding a bit back for the next day?

The comp is a great idea and I look forward to reading the fine details.

Adrian ss

G'day Ass, Go back and read K2's last post and ye shall find the answers you seek.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:51 pm

stoppsy wrote:the thing is if people have never used the 4500 or the 5000 there the ones that are going to mostly not find anything or less than the people who have or use the 45s and the 5s. there should be like groupes with there detectors eg people whith 3000s another 3500s, 4000s ect... but they have the same coils in each groupe or they have 3 coils that they can only use for the hole thing. then people can use there own detectors and are use to the sounds and set ups.
cheers
stoppsy

Hey stoppsy I think K2 will run the show his way or no way, its not like your normal detector comp, I think he is like doing an audition for a documentary he is workin on. So in that respect he is trying to sort out possible detector opperators for the film.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14 pm

"You will be required to find 3 grams a day over a 20 day period. (This requirement may vary)
You will be competing against two other contestants and the elements. (This may vary)
You don’t make your 3grams a day over the 20 days you are out and replaced" Unquote.

If the total is tallied at the end of the 20 days how do you determin who is to be dropped out during the comp or is it simply that if a contestant does not make the 3gm or whatever is the deemed weight for that days total on any one day is out.

I think that an actual gold hunt is a great idea but will be a lot more difficult to regulate than the usual Buried Token type competition. For instance; What is to prevent people from bringing a pocket full of gold nugs to the comp and using them for each days tally.

I am not trying to put the Mozz on the comp, it is just the way my mind works, I try to figure all the things that could go wrong and then fix them before they happen.

Adrian SS

Back to top Go down

Post  Curley Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Adrian SS wrote:Quote
What is to prevent people from bringing a pocket full of gold nugs to the comp and using them for each days tally.

I am not trying to put the Mozz on the comp, it is just the way my mind works.
Adrian SS
I was wondering this too, my mind works the same. scratch
Cheers
Curley
Curley
Curley
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I presume each contestant would have a camera man following his every move all the time. Sounds l,ike a great idea but I would never get the time.

I'd like to see Madtuna do it though. He's a gun, a very funny guy and looks great in a pair of budgie smugglers Razz .

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  K2 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Hello Adrian SS and All Readers,
It's good to see the interest and Adrian I get your question and it is a good fair question I can see you are not trying to put the Mozz on the idea Smile

What is to prevent people from bringing a pocket full of gold nugs to the comp and using them for each days tally.

This has been one of the questions my team and myself have been having a lot of trouble with. At this point in time the rule that we hope will take care of this is: The gold found if any will not be kept by the contestants! This sounds tough but when you think about it more, there is a bit of logic to it. You would be mad to bring gold and sneak it into your own count. ( because you will not get it back )
The main Judge ( will check the count each day ) on camera with the host even having a chat with you.
Lets say (Fred) found 2grams day one, he finds nothing for the next two days. On the fourth day Fred finds 12grams. The judge and the host and Fred are happy to report on Camera that Freds total after four days is
14grams. If Fred is under pressure or thinks he is at what stage will he now sneak in some of his own or stashed gold. How much will he put in because he knows he will not get it back? He may or may not know how much the other two contestants have in their total because the host is knowen to bullshit a bit!
The contestants do not know from round to round what Prize they are playing for.
Cameras are and will be watching, not always visable to the contestant? (yes they will be informed of this fact)
Now at the end of 20 days (if that remains the time span) Fred has 36grams it will be revealed how much his two competitors have. The contestant who has the highest total stays on the show and the other two are sent home and replaced by two more keen hunters!
So... if you bring a pocket full of your own gold it could cost the bringer a few bob.

That's a simplifed version for the purpose of answering your question, I hope it makes sence as it is off the top of my head at the moment while I am kicking many other issues around.

Stoppsy: All contestants will have same gear...but there will be a twist somewhere along the track. Cannot say too much yet OK.

I am sorry if I can not answer all questions at this early time but there are many reasons for that and some get very complicated.

K2

K2
K2
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Best count me out sorry...if I find a decent slug I'm keeping it!

p.s. Dicko...I don't fit budgie smugglers...I wear American bald Eagle smugglers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next