Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX5000 HELP WANTED

2 posters

Go down

GPX5000 HELP WANTED Empty GPX5000 HELP WANTED

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 am

From: Newby. I have recently purchased a gpx5000, I have a 18x12 nugget tech (Dingo) fitted. I am travelling to WA Leonora area, for 4 weeks. Could someone please give some advice as to how the settings should be so I can get the most out of the detector. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good Karma Jason.
P.S any general advice about this area would also be appreciated.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 HELP WANTED Empty Re: GPX5000 HELP WANTED

Post  bicter Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Hi
How long is a piece of string..... Coil size, ground noise, EMI etc all affect the settings.
I use the following here in QLD. Not sure of the ground in WA.
Starting from factory default (which is a good default), ground balance, set threshold, ground balance, set rx gain around 6-13, ground balance, set motion to slow, ground balance, target volume to 3-4 (using rooster booster), ground balance, audio deep, ground balance, stabiliser 4-5 or where smooth, ground balance....... did I mention ground balance LoL... in case I forgot, ground balance..... and swing LOW & SLOW.... should be scrubbing the coil on ground..... if the coil seems too bump sensitive, try adjusting stabiliser.

Ohh yes, for an 11" coil RX gain is usually 6-7 and 16" anywhere between 7-13, again all depends on the weather and mineralisation

Lots of reading here https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f34-gpx5000-4800
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 HELP WANTED Empty thanks bicter

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am

cheers, thanks for the advice. I guess ground balance has got a lot to do with it lol.

Jason.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down