Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

corona virus crisis and detecting

+39
planetcare
adrian ss
PeterInSa
llanbric
piston broke
dundiggin
philip.j.thompson
bicter
AnnieL
Sharkbait
treasureworld
GPZhunter
goldnomad
ruffles
flouro
xmas tree
TuronYellowFever
Hotrocks
Slavitoooo
Redfin
Alan WA
rockhunter62
boobook
tony p
Nightjar
deutran
keogh
Axtyr
Grandfather Johnson
GemQ
mbasko
goldmuss78
thegoldman24
Mechanic
joe82
golden oldy
Reg Wilson
straight wire
yellowmellow
43 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 9 Empty Re: corona virus crisis and detecting

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:18 pm

My wife received a bogus corona safe app on her phone 3 days ago before the real app was released.
. So be certain that the app you have downloaded is the genuine item before you start feeding info into it.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 9 Empty Re: corona virus crisis and detecting

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:30 pm

Thanks for the advice on that Adrian. No doubt cyber crime is rife at the moment.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:04 pm

I think that were more of wishful thinking than set down law Dave. It's more of a take whatever or whom ever they can get & the more they get, the merrier. Interesting to see how this newly adapted App pans out over the next few weeks. I suppose better safe than sorry & anything to get life as close to back to normal, we should be right. As long as I don't hear of another Kon, with a passport containing all my credentials, but looks nothing like me, I should be right hey? Shocked Q35
BTW, it were just mentioned in the news now 1.5 million have accepted/downloaded the COVID-19 tracing App.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:12 am

Where did the notion come from that says kids are less likely to be infected by the virus than adults>?
    from my exp with our daughter and during primary and high school it was clear that the kids brought home every disease known to man from school into the household. Whether it was a cold, the flu, or a bellyache it did not matter; Once it was in the school all the kids got sick. No matter what precauction/s we took to try to avoid catching these school bugs we still copped it.
Sending the kids back to school in the middle of this crisis will be a disaster.
Most adults have built up significant resistance to colds and flu's but if kids today have resistance to the corona virus then maybe we should be looking at their blood and antibody production. I see no reason why children who have had very little exposure to diseases should somehow have resistance to this new virus.

There are 4,000,000 Teens in Australia so it stands to reason that less of them will be effected by this virus than the remaining 20,000,000 adults.
Adults are out and about working to keep their grubby teens alive and a lot of the adults also travel the world and Australia far more than teenagers therefore they are more likely to be exposed to imported diseases.

The virus doesn't know about children or people of any kind; It simply floats about waiting to get down the throat of whatever it can and to dig into the soft tissue like what is at the back of your throat and start reproducing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:19 am

So far since this virus arrived in SA there have been no child to child infections in SA schools. There has been no child to teacher infections. There has been one teacher to child infection and they have recovered weeks ago. We can only hope this state of affairs continues and we have no more infections any where in the state. Last time I looked, yesterday, there had been no new infections in SA for 4 days. We should be looking at a soft lowering of some restrictions within the state within the next couple of weeks.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:21 am

Well if the Covid - 19 doesn't get us at least this is heartening news.

Causes and rating of deaths in Australia 2018.
Cause of death;
Ischaemic heart disease - Rates #1 (17,500 deaths) affraid

Influenza & Pneumonia - Rates #12 (3000 deaths) V15 Camping Fire rain clould

Melanoma - Rates #20 (2100 deaths) Prospectors spending too much time in the sun!!!!!! Detecting Camp Fire Camping Van Suspect

T04 T02

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:32 am

Re (Melanoma - Rates #20 (2100 deaths) Prospectors spending too much time in the sun!!!!!!)

I have a skin Burn off every 3 months, ( except during this virus period) maybe 10 spots burnt off my face some on hands/arms, not helped by my growing up in Qld as a kid, surfing/fishing, now prospecting but now wear long sleeve skirt, riggers gloves and cap with neck cover with separate flynet.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:45 pm

The current percentage of corona cases in Australia is 0.0003 % of the population.
The percentage of younger people between the ages of 5 to 29 who have contracted this virus is 0.027% of that age group.
The percentage of school age children (Primary and Secondary age) who have contracted the corona virus is .0056% of that population group which is a much higher percentage than the 29 to 70 year age group.
Now unless my figures are from an incorrect source then it would seem that sending the kids back to school will spread this virus throughout the schools and back into the community??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:06 pm

According to the figures I have for SA I think they are safer at school. To spread a virus you have to have it first.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:34 pm

The figures speak for themselves.
There is a higher percentage of young school age children in their age group population with this virus than the percentage of older people in the overall population. Therefore when they go back to school those who are carrying the virus will spread it quickly to the rest of the school/s.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:28 pm

PeterInSa wrote:Re (Melanoma - Rates #20 (2100 deaths) Prospectors spending too much time in the sun!!!!!!)

I have a skin Burn off every 3 months, ( except during this virus period) maybe 10 spots burnt off my face some on hands/arms, not helped by my growing up in Qld as a kid, surfing/fishing, now prospecting but now wear long sleeve skirt, riggers gloves and cap with neck cover with separate flynet.
I'm in the same boat pete,spent my youth at the pool 60's & 70's ,red head and all [Scottish blood] ,burnt to a crisp every week end,no one gave a rats bottom back then.

cheers   moreburnt Shocked
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:44 pm

adrian ss wrote:Where did the notion come from that says kids are less likely to be infected by the virus than adults>?
    from my exp with our daughter and during primary and high school it was clear that the kids brought home every disease known to man from school into the household. Whether it was a cold, the flu, or a bellyache it did not matter; Once it was in the school all the kids got sick. No matter what precauction/s we took to try to avoid catching these school bugs we still copped it.
Sending the kids back to school in the middle of this crisis will be a disaster.
Most adults have built up significant resistance to colds and flu's but if kids today have resistance to the corona virus then maybe we should be looking at their blood and antibody production. I see no reason why children who have had very little exposure to diseases should somehow have resistance to this new virus.

There are 4,000,000 Teens in Australia so it stands to reason that less of them will be effected by this virus than the remaining 20,000,000 adults.
Adults are out and about working to keep their grubby teens alive and a lot of the adults also travel the world and Australia far more than teenagers therefore they are more likely to be exposed to imported diseases.

The virus doesn't know about children or people of any kind; It simply floats about waiting to get down the throat of whatever it can and to dig into the soft tissue like what is at the back of your throat and start reproducing
I could not agree more Adrian! Our chief health officer needs his head checked! But it is just like when he said "There is no evidence of person to person transmission in Australia" at the beginning of all this.
What did he think? When the virus comes below the equator it behaves differently to a virus?
Now they are finding that cats can be infected and what do they say "there is no evidence of animal to animal or animal to person transmission" Is he for real? Is he part of the mob that want us mere mortal humans exterminated from this planet?

Does he really think that kids won't spread it to other kids and their parents? Surely not. Rolling Eyes

Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:55 pm

T04 Q33

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Mechanic wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Where did the notion come from that says kids are less likely to be infected by the virus than adults>?

I could not agree more Adrian! Our chief health officer needs his head checked! But it is just like when he said "There is no evidence of person to person transmission in Australia" at the beginning of all this.
What did he think? When the virus comes below the equator it behaves differently to a virus?
Now they are finding that cats can be infected and what do they say "there is no evidence of animal to animal or animal to person transmission" Is he for real? Is he part of the mob that want us mere mortal humans exterminated from this planet?

Does he really think that kids won't spread it to other kids and their parents? Surely not. Rolling Eyes

Mick

I think that this just highlights many of the unknowns about this virus and the differing opinions of medical officers and epidemiologists.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  flouro Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi All,

Latest from England is that Kids do get it, albeit slightly different was also noticed in I think they said Italy....and they want to send the kids back to school

The daughter hopefully goes in next week to get her nose removed and replaced a little later..all because of a little sunburn on her nose when she was a kid

A question is...how much did the govt know about this virus early on and why didnt they isolate us earlier than they did

Ron

flouro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 am

Mechanic wrote:

Mick

Can you imagine what the jurno's would have done with that statement from the Health Officer if it had come from Donald Trump. Rolling Eyes
What in the name of all sanity would make a person of the training and knowledge required to attain the position of Chief health Officer/Minister make such a mindless statement
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:17 am

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:54 am

The chief medical officer did not get his position through ability, but was a political appointment by the same people who were committed to attending their favorite football teams match and going to their Hillsong church gatherings.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:31 am

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 am

Went to download the Covidsafe App yesterday and my Smartphone is not compatible or ....

Turns out you need Android version 6 and my operating system is 4.04 the latest for my phone, others according to the Adelaide Advertiser on Version 5 have the same problem.

So no tracing for me.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:02 am

Yep, spot on, Reg. As Australia is a predominantly Christian country and full of mad footy followers it is great to see our elected officials are the same as us. lol!
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:36 am

We did not elect the chief medical officer. He was appointed, by his mate. Dumb and dumber.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Regardless of who chose who & by what means, the early steps taken by our government in order to prevent the COVID-19 from spreading/killing even more & more people are to be commended. Many a nation would like to be in our shoes but are not.
As for COVID-19 it does not discriminate by age alone, but by each ones individual health circumstance. Children/teenagers are not immune/risk free from it, but because of their youth, are better at fighting it off (once again depending on each ones health circumstances)
Children because of not quite understanding the meaning of social distancing, are more likely to contract the virus from an infected person, with little effects & then pass it on to others that can have devastating consequences.  
What people must realise here, is that no one yet quite knows the long term, internal body organ scaring effects, COVID-19 has or will have on its survivors of the disease/virus.
Because of our low infection/death rate, no doubt pressure is mounting on politicians to get this country back on track (this is most likely why you'll be hearing more & more of an about face by many politicians/medical staff, regardless of what were first said) & moving forward once more towards opening up the economy.
I for one, cannot blame the  Victorian Premier, for being as cautious as he has been, towards opening up the doors to the masses to quickly to soon, considering the  type of virus this is, can have far more dire consequences, if we were to be hit, with a second wave of COVID-19 than the first, allowing all that has been set in place, go down the drain through carelessness/stupidity. This is why the App & the far more COVID-19 testing sites across Australia have been set up, so that the government can be on top of things quickly, preventing another major outbreak from occurring.  
Take care out there everyone.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Same here regards G2G App download. My Samsung Galaxy is not compatable. No way am I investing in a new phone just for this.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:28 pm

lol!

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:49 pm

flouro wrote:Hi All,

Latest from England is that Kids do get it, albeit slightly different was also noticed in I think they said Italy....and they want to send the kids back to school

The daughter hopefully goes in next week to get her nose removed and replaced a little later..all because of a little sunburn on her nose when she was a kid

A question is...how much did the govt know about this virus early on and why didnt they isolate us earlier than they did

Ron

Did you mean that?

Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:39 pm

Sounds like a problem for many that don't have the latest mobile phone software/hardware including me Dave/Pete.
Interesting to see how this will effect the ones that can't download the new government App, because of mobile phone incompatibility?

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Had an interesting conversation yesterday with an old friend for the first time in years.
She went on to say her husband had passed away, cause never determined.
Her niece passed due to MS.
Her father from prostrate cancer.
Her mother from heart attack.
Went on to say her Grandmother is approaching 100yo.
She (the GD) had been advising her Grandmother that at her age she should not be drinking red wine every night!

This is the interesting part;
GM told her GDaughter, "You are born to die, how you die, when you die is purely in the lap of the Gods. Live a clean life and live it to the full, don't let fear and panic control your actions."
Very sound advice from a 97yo! (Who drinks red wine every day and smoked into her 80's.)
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next