Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ7000 up-date.

+29
Martin R
Steve Herschbach
1anSDC
Troopy
Qld Sandy
peterinaust
Peteren
hugh62
Jonathan Porter
jarrahrules
Brett J
kon61
Ash100456
Tributer
kevlorraine2
aussiedigger
G.B.
chris68
Axtyr
slimpickens
Reefdog
ha2pa2
Hermann
coreytroy
Jay Gold
alchemist
Redfin
yellowfin
AUoptimist
33 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

GPZ7000 up-date. - Page 4 Empty Re: GPZ7000 up-date.

Post  yellowfin Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Jonathan Porter wrote:Plenty of people out there have done extremely well with their out of the box 7000s in the past 8 months, I know because a lot of my favorite detecting places have been Rogered by them since March.   Looks like those spots will again be receiving another rogering now the latest software has been released.  

Get used to it folks,  Minelab intend to fully support and improve the GPZ 7000 regardless of what the malcontents say.

JP

I've done quite well with my out of the box 7000 as well Johnathon.

But I'm not about to be bowing and kissing ML for taking 8 months to give me a fix to a problem that existed with the detector from day 1.
Blind Freddy could see there was a serious issue with the GB on the 7000
So I guess I should ask the question again.

Why was the initial problem not reported by the testers?
Or was it?

As for rogering, any advantage the 7000 had on release has all but evaporated due the the release of the new coils from Coiltek and Nugget Finder.

I've been running my 5000 with the Nugget finder Evolution side by side with two 7000's
Both prior to and post 7000 upgrade.
I can assure you, you won't be rogering much if anything behind a 5000 with the NF Evolution.
As you say get used to it.

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:35 pm

yellowfin wrote:
Jonathan Porter wrote:Plenty of people out there have done extremely well with their out of the box 7000s in the past 8 months, I know because a lot of my favorite detecting places have been Rogered by them since March.   Looks like those spots will again be receiving another rogering now the latest software has been released.  

Get used to it folks,  Minelab intend to fully support and improve the GPZ 7000 regardless of what the malcontents say.

JP

But I'm not about to be bowing and kissing ML for taking 8 months to give me a fix to a problem that existed with the detector from day 1.

Or was it?

As for rogering, any advantage the 7000 had on release has all but evaporated due the the release of the new coils from Coiltek and Nugget Finder.

I've been running my 5000 with the Nugget finder Evolution side by side with two 7000's
I can assure you, you won't be rogering much if anything behind a 5000 with the NF Evolution.
Mate who ever you are. I assure you I have not ever had a problem with the gb of the 7000. It don't like salt yep. But I have no idea why people struggled. I'll be honest, good I'm glad they did. More gold for me.
Your comment also as to the new coils designed for older machines are wrong. I'm sorry to correct you but that is fact pal. I've tested it out thoroughly and zed simply wins hands down. I'm not impressed with accessories to the zed but as to its capabilities in getting gold I can't complain.
The zed will get gold if its there trust me. If you used it correctly from day one you would've seen this. Stop whinging mate and go find gold. But lemme guess you will still whinge. The upgrade is I believe a marginal help. Anyways I better get more gold.

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:47 pm

UTBN wrote:
yellowfin wrote:

JP

Or was it?

Mate who ever you are. I assure you I have not ever had a problem with the gb of the 7000. It don't like salt yep. But I have no idea why people struggled. I'll be honest, good I'm glad they did. More gold for me.
Your comment also as to the new coils designed for older machines are wrong. I'm sorry to correct you but that is fact pal. I've tested it out thoroughly and zed simply wins hands down. I'm not impressed with accessories to the zed but as to its capabilities in getting gold I can't complain.
The zed will get gold if its there trust me. If you used it correctly from day one you would've seen this. Stop whinging mate and go find gold. But lemme guess you will still whinge. The upgrade is I believe a marginal help. Anyways I better get more gold.

Your opinion Pal and your welcome to it

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Each person who invested/bought a GPZ 7000,has experienced what they've experienced using it,over different soil types/locations & have a right to their opinion,as to its functionality/capabilities.Since no 2 people experience exactly the same thing,using similar detectors,each person has the right to call what they'v experienced,as they see it,but not to degrade/slander another's personal experience,evaluation or judgement of the 7000,having owned and used one themselves. The last thing I'd want to see,is a slandering match between members,of who's more in the right,or wrong.
From the few months I'v had and used the GPZ 7000,over many a different gold locality/ground conditions,has led me to conclude,that the GPZ (technologically)has allot going for it & is certainly,no short learning curve.
Some things in life,cannot just be worked out on paper,nor tested by the few,from day 1. They must be put in full motion, (tested by the masses over time) and modified accordingly,to bring out the best of them.

Cheers gents, Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 am

Kon, lemme just try to explain something. Because of me I know of 4 zeds being purchased. 3 of those were bought by people who saw what I was doing out in the field. They tried picking up undug gold targets I detected with zed using a variety of detectors and different coils. They could not receive a response. They immediately went and purchased their new zeds via reeds prospecting. I trained those people in the field as to what I learnt. They had immediate success and continued to for their season.
The 4th zed was purchased via finders keepers by very good friends of mine. They are battlers who were concerned to get one due to costs.
I told them to get one if they can asap in which they did. For several weeks they struggled badly with zed. Due to me being up north I could only try and help over the phone. They still struggled and weren't impressed at all.
After my first break in Kalgoorlie I immediately trained my friends in the field. They were considering selling their zed. I told them don't do that.
Being in the field and training people is the only way to do it.
Winnie and Mel now fight over who uses zed when they go prospecting. They are simply amazed at how it can go and are doing extremely well.
The people who are failing should stop blaming the machine and forget what they've learnt from previous detectors and give themselves a chance to see how zed can really go. If they can get hold of someone who is using zed successfully then they should ask for help in the field.
Kon you say no two detectors are alike, I think it's no two people are alike.
Why did my close friends fail badly at first?
It wasn't zeds fault. It was a case of operator error. Zed is very basic and that's the funny thing about all this. Minelab must be scratching their heads thinking what the bloody hell?
I don't care if someone has 30 years experience on detectors and if they say they're no good that operator is the failure in this. I'm not being smart here I just tell the truth. Anyway I won't comment here ever again. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:19 am

G'day UTBN (Jase),

I couldn't have said it any better as you have done, 100% correct saying it boils down to operator and not the GPZ7000.  I have helped a few in the field as well and they haven't looked back since, also I have heard of a few so called pros had sold their 7000s after only a couple of weeks. I personally find it hard to go back to my 5000 and it is still packed up under our bed.  

The above comments were not directed at you personally. We hope that you do reconsider your decision and continue to post, as you are a respected member of this forum and your posts are very helpful to the good members of this forum.  study

Best Regards.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Herschbach Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 am

UTBN wrote:Kon, lemme just try to explain something. Because of me I know of 4 zeds being purchased. 3 of those were bought by people who saw what I was doing out in the field. They tried picking up undug gold targets I detected with zed using a variety of detectors and different coils. They could not receive a response. They immediately went and purchased their new zeds via reeds prospecting. I trained those people in the field as to what I learnt. They had immediate success and continued to for their season.
The 4th zed was purchased via finders keepers by very good friends of mine. They are battlers who were concerned to get one due to costs.
I told them to get one if they can asap in which they did. For several weeks they struggled badly with zed. Due to me being up north I could only try and help over the phone. They still struggled and weren't impressed at all.
After my first break in Kalgoorlie I immediately trained my friends in the field. They were considering selling their zed. I told them don't do that.
Winnie and Mel now fight over who uses zed when they go prospecting. They are simply amazed at how it can go and are doing extremely well.
The people who are failing should stop blaming the machine and forget what they've learnt from previous detectors and give themselves a chance to see how zed can really go. If they can get hold of someone who is using zed successfully then they should ask for help in the field.
It wasn't zeds fault. It was a case of operator error. Zed is very basic and that's the funny thing about all this. Minelab must be scratching their heads thinking what the bloody hell?
I don't care if someone has 30 years experience on detectors and if they say they're no good that operator is the failure in this. I'm not being smart here I just tell the truth. Anyway I won't comment here ever again. I've got bigger fish to fry.

I just lurk these days but your post is so spot on UTBN I just had to log in and agree whole-heartedly. We have a situation where a company delivers a detector that can be upgraded via software. Then we get s free software upgrade and people complain! Oh my, proof Minelab went to market too early!

Tell that to all the Apple and Android phone owners out there. New hardware, new capability - bad! Upgrades via software - bad!

Small wonder so many Zed owners get fed up and stay quiet on the forums.
Steve Herschbach
Steve Herschbach
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-03-09

http://www.detectorprospector.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 am

A spot on post from you too Steve.

It seems some newbies with Zeds have run rings around so called "old hands" Prospecting skill is one thing, but operator skill is another and the Zed has leveled the field a bit.

Some have perhaps been lulled too long by the soft GPX humm, and forget, or never knew the VLF whining. They can't face or man-up to the challenge of responsive rocks, salty alkaline, or mineral rich soil and actually learn how to use the machine.

Others have lost the faith by listening to the apostates endless nit picking whining and their flawed test bed results. Hint boys, use a piece of gold the Zed excels in finding for your testing, and then you'll understand.

I came across an old post the other day and it made me realise just how much heart and soul some people have invested in the GPZ, my hat's off to you Gentlemen, there's no holes in your integrity as far as I'm concerned, you told it as it was. Once again it was a lack of comprehension on the part of readers, the same that blinds what they read in manuals and white papers.

How it was

Jase, drop by again when you're eating your fish 'n' chips!

Cheers
Kev.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:23 am

Jase,my comments were not aimed at you,nor were they aimed at discrediting/disrespecting anyone else's opinions or views here. I believe they have been misunderstood. I couldn't agree more with your comments Jase,Mike and Steve. People are to quick to blame the tool,before giving it a good go and understanding what it can do,or is capable of. My statement that, No "two people" experience exactly the same thing,using similar detectors" stands,for the emphasis here,is on each individual,experiencing something slightly different,to what the other person has,using the same or similar make of detector,for what ever the reasons may be. In other words,what one operator is content or comfortable running in,(in this case,referring to the way the detector is set up to run) might suit one person far better than what it would another.(hence the difference in opinion,between operators)
My apologies,if I have offended any person here with my comments/views,for that was not my intention.

Cheers gents, Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:09 am

UTBN wrote:Kon, lemme just try to explain something. Because of me I know of 4 zeds being purchased. 3 of those were bought by people who saw what I was doing out in the field. They tried picking up undug gold targets I detected with zed using a variety of detectors and different coils. They could not receive a response. They immediately went and purchased their new zeds via reeds prospecting. I trained those people in the field as to what I learnt. They had immediate success and continued to for their season.

Spot on Jase. Anyone who reckons these new coils make a gpx better then the zed doesnt know how to use the zed. Its all about the operator.

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Went out for 3 days during the week , hot ground and I must say the upgrade has smoothed things out nicely but no color this week
I got a great low dipping signal near a tree that started out from a nothing sound to getting louder the more dirt I took off only to discover that the tree root was giving me a target signal , I re-balanced several times and the sound was still there , dip the coil in the hole and the signal was gone , went back to the LC and got the 2300 out and not a sound to be heard

Anyone else had something like that happen to them since the upgrade ? The machine was balanced correctly and ran nice and smooth

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Martin R wrote:Went out for 3 days during the week , hot ground and I must say the upgrade has smoothed things out nicely but no color this week
I got a great low dipping signal near a tree that started out from a nothing sound to getting louder the more dirt I took off only to discover that the tree root was giving me a target signal , I re-balanced several times and the sound was still there , dip the coil in the hole and the signal was gone , went back to the LC and got the 2300 out and not a sound to be heard

Anyone else had something like that happen to them since the upgrade ? The machine was balanced correctly and ran nice and smooth

Marty

Yes Marty, fooled two of us on Monday. Mad  Finally worked out it was the tree roots. The signal should have got stronger the deeper we dug, but it didn't, and that's what gave it away.  We wasted a good twenty minutes on it. We wouldn't have persisted as long as we did, only it happened to be the same tree I found a 1.2 grammer up against at the  12 o'clock position, the two roots were at the 6 o'clock position. Mad
Went back to it today and there was no signal, probably because the loose dirt had dried up the roots a little.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:01 pm

That makes me feel alot better now knowing it wasnt just me Laughing
I knew that in the US they had the same deal with Cactus giving off signals but I sure as heck didnt think that our gums would have that much moisture going through them , know better next time thats for sure

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:30 pm

I have had this also, this was before the update spent about 20 min. and then put it down to the tree roots. Just didn't change the more I dug out.

Just love the ZED.  Cheers.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:36 pm

G'day Martin,

I have also had this happen to me before the update, but I still haven't put enough time in since the update. Just haven't had any time since the update. Rolling Eyes

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Yes, have had this phenomena several times now. Pre-update it was annoying, post-update it is more pronounced (in high yield) with large horizontal surface roots giving boomer low-high signals that scream "dig me up now!"
ps. the frustrating thing is that the signal centre is on the edge of the root which tricks you into digging a bloody great hole for nothing.
Not complaining about the effectiveness of the update, balance on the ferrite first thing than let the auto ground balance sort out everything else you swing over. Found eight of the smallest pieces I have ever found at depths that are simply stunning.

Last edited by Peteren on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:58 pm

love the update!
Purrs like a kitten and finds good gold too! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:34 am

G'day guys. I really appreciate those comments so thank you. I apologise for carrying on but its so frustrating hearing the ridiculous statements being made. I hear it out bush non stop and read it equally as much online. If there was some semi truth to what's being said I'd prolly say nothing. But that's not the case. Anyway I look forward to showing how season 2015 went for me personally at a certain point next year and unfortunately for me ha you will all get a chance to see the weight and individual numbers that I got. I'm still Prospecting at the moment and I really can't say much anymore on forums or farce book about prospecting,however there are some people that are aware of things I'm currently involved with and understand.
To zed users, surely by now the majority have seen the capabilities of this detector. I certainly have and am impressed by it.
to zed users who are struggling, there's a problem alright. Perhaps it's your detecting technique. Sometimes it's the very simple and basic things that can make a massive difference. Maybe you do need an experienced zed user to see what your doing wrong and get you sorted out. You've got a very good machine take my word on that, you've paid big money for it you should be getting regular gold.
I gotta get back to the bush. Just love this heat, not.

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:04 am

LOL "farce book" good one!

The link I mentioned above for those not logged in
How it was.... http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/748-the-subject-of-the-gpz-7000/

I too have a really big fish to fry....live life while you have it folks, it can break down at any time and quickly end on the scrapheap.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:29 am

UTBN wrote:G'day guys. I really appreciate those comments so thank you. I apologise for carrying on but its so frustrating hearing the ridiculous statements being made. I hear it out bush non stop and read it equally as much online. If there was some semi truth to what's being said I'd prolly say nothing. But that's not the case. Anyway I look forward to showing how season 2015 went for me personally at a certain point next year and unfortunately for me ha you will all get a chance to see the weight and individual numbers that I got. I'm still Prospecting at the moment and I really can't say much anymore on forums or farce book about prospecting,however there are some people that are aware of things I'm currently involved with and understand.
To zed users, surely by now the majority have seen the capabilities of this detector. I certainly have and am impressed by it.
to zed users who are struggling, there's a problem alright.  Perhaps it's your detecting technique. Sometimes it's the very simple and basic things that can make a massive difference. Maybe you do need an experienced zed user to see what your doing wrong and get you sorted out. You've got a very good machine take my word on that, you've paid big money for it you should be getting regular gold.

G'day Jase

I'm glad your having a good season with the Zed, you deserve it with the time you spend out in the fields with it, you and the Zed have become one. Very Happy

The future is looking very bright for you, and I wish you every success with your endeavours.

Hopefully catch up with you again next year somewhere in WA. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 up-date. - Page 4 Empty Tree root noise

Post  corydale Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:53 am

Hi All,
For those getting the sweet 'tree root noises' i have a tip thattl save a lot of holes being dug.
When i first started with the Zed i dug heaps of big holes at the bases of trees for nada. Then i had that little light bulb come on and thought what if i run the coil over the tree trunk its self???? I did and sure enough it gave a signal  Shocked . now every time i get a signal at the base of a tree ill do just that- if the trunk signals it has always turned out to be the roots, if it doesn't, it always turned out to be a target. Make sense? Try it out and you'll be surprised. Very Happy
corydale
corydale
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:57 am

Does make sense! I'll try that. Going out for a few days next week to try the new soft wear.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:14 am

UTBN wrote:  

Your comment also as to the new coils designed for older machines are wrong. I'm sorry to correct you but that is fact pal. I've tested it out thoroughly and zed simply wins hands down.  

Jason,  If it was up to me, you would be getting six of the best across both palms with a three inch wide leather strap, and six of the cane on the back of your legs for that statement of your's above. Q22  I want you to write one hundred times on the blackboard: "I will not ever again, I repeat, never again, tell GPX user's that the new elite and evolution coils can't match the Zed. I will encourage them to persist in using these "top notch coils" and do not need to upgrade to the outrageously priced 'also-ran' GPZ 7000" Twisted Evil
  (Do we really need more people upgrading to the Zed?) V48

If you could throw in your next post something like: " I don't know why I wrote that quote, I am deeply sorry. I had been out in the sun all day without a hat, and had brushed up against a 4 foot eucalyptus sapling covered in 1" bull ants that had irritated the begezus out of my left tenticle, and the slab of p*ss I drank before writing that quote, probably lead to my misleading, miss-appropriate, irrational and totally wrong statement." This correction of yours will hopefully stop all those who were sitting on the fence ready to buy the Zed, and lead them back to the land of milk and honey, which is the moderately priced, "Elite" and "Evolution" way of finding bucket loads of gold.

Wink Q35
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  corydale Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:15 am

I will add too that if it is root and target noise together- you will hear something odd about the signal!
corydale
corydale
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:20 am

I remember getting a signal with my 3000 that sounded like a deep target. It was beside a tree and after cutting through a largish root to continue digging the hole, the signal was suddenly gone. Searching around the ground saw the cut out root was causing the signal, so this phenomenon has been around for a fairly long time.
It occurred again with my 5000 and was the same species of tree.

I have had the same occurr with the 7000.
My old Garrett A2B used to give a signal if you passed your sweaty hand over the coil, so I am guessing it has to do with salt or moisture content, or maybe a combination of both.
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:55 am

UTBN wrote:G'day guys. I really appreciate those comments so thank you. I apologise for carrying on but its so frustrating hearing the ridiculous statements being made. I hear it out bush non stop and read it equally as much online. If there was some semi truth to what's being said I'd prolly say nothing. But that's not the case. Anyway I look forward to showing how season 2015 went for me personally at a certain point next year and unfortunately for me ha you will all get a chance to see the weight and individual numbers that I got. I'm still Prospecting at the moment and I really can't say much anymore on forums or farce book about prospecting,however there are some people that are aware of things I'm currently involved with and understand.
to zed users who are struggling, there's a problem alright.  Perhaps it's your detecting technique. Sometimes it's the very simple and basic things that can make a massive difference. Maybe you do need an experienced zed user to see what your doing wrong and get you sorted out. You've got a very good machine take my word on that, you've paid big money for it you should be getting regular gold.

Maybe you need to learn the difference's between statements, comments, questions and opinion's.

These are questions they are followed by Question Marks

Or was it?
Why was it released in the state it was?

So are they now telling me I've been swinging this thing for 8 months and it wasn’t working at optimum performance?

These are statements
I'm still stuck with the ferret and octopus dance

So then we get these responses

UTBN
“Your comment also as to the new coils designed for older machines are wrong. I'm sorry to correct you but that is fact pal. I've tested it out thoroughly and zed simply wins hands down”

I said nothing about one machine being better or worse, winning or loosing, I said this in reply to JP's comment and stand by it.

Don't agree, don't like what your hearing, tried it or not, fine with me, your the one getting your G-string in a knot over it.

Steve Herschbach
"Then we get s free software upgrade and people complain! Oh my, proof Minelab went to market too early!"

"Tell that to all the Apple and Android phone owners out there. New hardware, new capability - bad! Upgrades via software – bad!"

I said nothing about proof of going to market early, I asked the following questions

Or was it?
Why was it released in the state it was?
Maybe to get the $ in the books by June 30?

“Oh my, proof Minelab went to market too early!”
Based on this response I will ask another question.

Did they?

Tell that to all the Apple and Android phone owners out there. New hardware, new capability - bad! Upgrades via software – bad!

Well UTBN likes to use the term “ridiculous statements” he won't have to look much further than that one.
Last time I looked an Apple or Android phone didn't cost 10.7 k

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Say goodbye to yellowfin, he wont be back, well not by that name at least.

ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:I remember getting a signal with my 3000 that sounded like a deep target. It was beside a tree and after cutting through a largish root to continue digging the hole, the signal was suddenly gone. Searching around the ground saw the cut out root was causing the signal, so this phenomenon has been around for a fairly long time.
It occurred again with my 5000 and was the same species of tree.

I have had the same occurr with the 7000.
My old Garrett A2B used to give a signal if you passed your sweaty hand over the coil, so I am guessing it has to do with salt or moisture content, or maybe a combination of both.
Cheers.

The tree takes water and, more importantly to this discussion, minerals, up through its root system... Given this, I could never understand the confusion over why a metal detector would signal on tree roots.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:42 pm

davsgold wrote:Say goodbye to yellowfin, he wont be back, well not by that name at least.

ADMIN

So Admin...........
We cannot give the pros and cons to a detector???
Since when did this happen?
What has this world come to for this to happen that we cannot even say
Much anymore. Are we turning into Yanks or is it nobody likes to hear the truth anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:53 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:
So Admin...........
We cannot give the pros and cons to a detector???
Since when did this happen?
What has this world come to for this to happen that we cannot even say
Much anymore.  Are we turning into Yanks or is it nobody likes to hear the truth anymore.

Well yes off course we can "give the pros and cons to a detector??? " UNCLE BOB, but continual negative comments about other members posts who are trying to be helpful gets a bit much to put up with.

You may remember there was a "Special" section for members who had 7000 so they could comment without being harassed, it was dune away with and the posts merged into this main section because everything had settle down. Lets keep it that way.

ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next