Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7500 release date..

+4
UrbanFox
Aussie Jason
geof_junk
Redfin
8 posters

Go down

GPZ 7500 release date.. Empty GPZ 7500 release date..

Post  Aussie Jason Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:12 am

I guess that all of us that waited for the 7000 to come on the market, will be waiting for the release of Minelabs next machine.
It's not that the price is high, more to the fact it isn't much of an improvement compared to the 5000. I think Minelab should take a few steps back and produce a product that really lives up to expectations. Really, is it necessary to have a built in GPS? a mobile unit is less than a hundred bucks! and why make it heavier?? Nothing wrong with battery located in harness. Then they confuse us with new menus. It seems that the only improvement is in the single coil that comes with the machine, (windings) not really new technology though.
After reading all the threads on this machine, it's going to take a huge improvement to re open the gold fields.
I love minelab and what they have done to the detecting world, even though the latest machine tastes a bit sour. Let's hope they get it right with 7500...
Produce a great machine minelab and your sales will go through the roof, unfortunately the 7000 isn't that machine.

Jas.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7500 release date.. Empty Re: GPZ 7500 release date..

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:28 am

Aussie Jason wrote:I guess that all of us that waited for the 7000 to come on the market, will be waiting for the release of Minelabs next machine.
It's not that the price is high, more to the fact it isn't much of an improvement compared to the 5000. I think Minelab should take a few steps back and produce a product that really lives up to expectations. Really, is it necessary to have a built in GPS? a mobile unit is less than a hundred bucks! and why make it heavier?? Nothing wrong with battery located in harness. Then they confuse us with new menus. It seems that the only improvement is in the single coil that comes with the machine, (windings) not really new technology though.
After reading all the threads on this machine, it's going to take a huge improvement to re open the gold fields.
I love minelab and what they have done to the detecting world, even though the latest machine tastes a bit sour. Let's hope they get it right with 7500...
Produce a great machine minelab and your sales will go through the roof, unfortunately the 7000 isn't that machine.

Jas.

It just goes to show you can't please everyone. Your quote on not new tech. though Is simply wrong. They are also selling well beyond what ML had thought hence the wait on new machines. If people don't want further increases in price they should perhaps stop using the phrase 'my machine has paid for itself many times over' especially when it's probably not even true. Anyways my Zed had already paid for itself....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 am

G'day Jas

Well you could wait and wait, but every machine Minelab has made so far has taken gold from the ground, so every day there is a bit less not more.

Minelab can only make machines to find what's left in the ground, and that's a bloody lot less than there was 30 or more years ago. All the previous machines have done a good job and now we can only try and find what's left

They really need to come up with a time machine not a detector. Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am

Aussie Jason wrote:I guess that all of us that waited for the 7000 to come on the market, will be waiting for the release of Minelabs next machine.

Jas.

Jason, the GPS is the ducks guts.
No more carrying rope, dragging chains, putting in pegs. Now we can properly grid an area and absolutely no one will know you have been there.  Can return
a week later and just resume from where you finished.  Absolutely brilliant.

Battery in the harness gone forever thank goodness. Completely wire free adds a whole new dimension to the way we detect, walk, dig etc.

New menus confusing??? So simple any primary school kid could understand it.

It is a tad heavier but with a properly adjusted bungee mine is virtually weightless, can't get any better than that.

If we don't embrace new technology when it happens to come along, in all spheres of life, we will get left behind.
Move along mate.

Last edited by Redfin on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 pm

No more carrying rope, dragging chains, putting in pegs. Now we can properly grid an area and absolutely no one will know you have been there.  Can return

Their is no GPS that has an accuracy of 3M / 10' in real time for gridding speed. Just think of all the gaps for the next prospector.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:42 pm

geof_junk wrote:Jason, the GPS is the ducks guts.

Their is no GPS that has an accuracy of 3M / 10' in real time for gridding speed. Just think of all the gaps for the next prospector.

GPS accuracy to about 10cm is achievable using Differentlial GPS, but the GPS in the GPZ is the ordinary approx 15m accuracy device.  But it looks like it will have a role in some circumstances, but not sure that I would use it. Perhaps for marking Finds locations to come back to on another day.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Jason Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:02 am

Gee Waveform, your gpz has a already paid for itself, that's fantastic news that I'm pleased to hear.
If new owners are going over old thrashed ground and still producing gold, well what more can we ask for.? But, is this really the case.? Is every old patch producing gold? and I wonder is it large gold being found? or small gold at depth? Either way you look at it, as long as it finds the yellow stuff, big or small doesn't matter.
But honestly waveform, do you think this detector will really open up fields again, like the 5000 did?
Thanks for your reply.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7500 release date.. Empty re redfin

Post  Aussie Jason Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:11 am

Thank you for your opinion Redfin, It's a nice change to finally hear from detector operators that are happy with their new purchase.
As time goes bye, I hope to read more positive stories regarding the GPZ.
However I'm still sitting on the bench for now...

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  UrbanFox Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 am

pablop wrote:but the GPS in the GPZ is the ordinary approx 15m accuracy device.

According to the GPZ-Technical Specifications in the Instruction Manual, the  GPZ-7000 is using the Neo-7 series of GPS/GNSS module from u-blox. The Neo-7 series of module is capable of using the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS satellites and augmentation systems to achieve better accuracy than is achievable with either the USA GPS system or the Russian GLONASS system alone. The accuracy figures quoted for this combination of systems are:-

Accuracy GPS / GLONASS
Position 2.5 m CEP / 4.0 m
SBAS 2.0 m CEP / n.a.

https://u-blox.com/en/gps-modules/pvt-modules/neo-7.html

The accuracy of satellite location systems is being regularly improved.
UrbanFox
UrbanFox
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 am

I guess that all of us that waited for the 7000 to come on the market, will be waiting for the release of Minelabs next machine.

I don't know where you get your informations, the 7000 is completely different of the 5000, in my and other prospectors opinion is superior and much simpler than the 5000, probably you never used the new 7000.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:15 pm

mbasko wrote:

Love the vid. Very deep.

I believe that everything new is not always good or superior to the old. I like to be free to make my own choices; However in any society it is assential to keep pace with change. You donot have to accept it but we all need to know what is going on around us.
take the Islamic State chaps for example: They believe in a moral code that is thousands of years old that appears medievil and savage to all other modern societies. But these people have not let the modern world leave them behind. They retain their primative beliefs while using modern technology and science to give them an edge in pushing the modern world into a very defensive position.

Minelab has produced a dedicated gold hunting metal detector that incorporates features which prospectors have been crying out for. The machine (GPZ7000)is ahead of the pack by miles and incorporates state Of The art technology plus some features that although not new (Digital displays and touchpad controls and a menue system) make the detector very easy to use.
I for one donot like Menues to access controls and adjustments I still like knobs and switches but you can be sure that just as Islamic State will never change to modern moral life values, neither will Minelab go back to knobs and switches totally. Laughing Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:44 pm

UrbanFox wrote:
pablop wrote:but the GPS in the GPZ is the ordinary approx 15m accuracy device.

According to the GPZ-Technical Specifications in the Instruction Manual, the  GPZ-7000 is using the Neo-7 series of GPS/GNSS module from u-blox. The Neo-7 series of module is capable of using the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS satellites and augmentation systems to achieve better accuracy than is achievable with either the USA GPS system or the Russian GLONASS system alone. The accuracy figures quoted for this combination of systems are:-

Accuracy GPS / GLONASS
Position 2.5 m CEP / 4.0 m
SBAS 2.0 m CEP / n.a.

https://u-blox.com/en/gps-modules/pvt-modules/neo-7.html

The accuracy of satellite location systems is being regularly improved.

Thanks for the reference, I stand corrected. Embarassed When I get one out in the field, I will have a go at testing these parameters as it is handy to know how good and reliable the data is.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Waveform wrote:

Jas.

It just goes to show you can't please everyone. Your quote on not new tech. though Is simply wrong. They are also selling well beyond what ML had thought hence the wait on new machines. If people don't want further increases in price they should perhaps stop using the phrase 'my machine has paid for itself many times over' especially when it's probably not even true. Anyways my Zed had already paid for itself....

Waveform.....could you elaborate on your claim that your gpz has already paid for itself.....I for one would love to know the details of such a successful effort..it may help some of us that are waiting to decide on investing in the machine well done

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Redfin wrote:

Jas.

Battery in the harness gone forever thank goodness. Completely wire free adds a whole new dimension to the way we detect, walk, dig etc.

New menus confusing??? So simple any primary school kid could understand it.

It is a tad heavier but with a properly adjusted bungee mine is virtually weightless, can't get any better than that.

If we don't embrace new technology when it happens to come along, in all spheres of life, we will get left behind.
Move along mate.

Amen brother! cheers cheers
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 pm

mbasko wrote:

This could be re-posted a thousand times on this forum in reference to the Zed well done. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:13 am

artrix wrote:
Waveform wrote:

Jas.

Waveform.....could you elaborate on your claim that your gpz has already paid for itself.....I for one would love to know the details of such a successful effort..it may help some of us that are waiting to decide on investing in the machine     well done

Sorry mate, i dont even own one. I was just saying that with in jest... Sorry about the confusion....i was going to go back and put a just joking and smiley but didn't...i could have saved you the trouble...for what its worth though i certainly would never utter the words my machine has paid for itself many times over and i dont believe alot of those claims. It just something people like to say. Most people dont break even imo and even alot of the full timers would make more money working these days. Its a lifestyle they enjoy. I certainly regret not buying a secondhand 5K or even a 45 as i lost alot when selling it. The new machine is alot of coin for most people to have tied up and most will probably lose money on it. You get that with most hobbies though. I know a guy who's hobby is going to the casino with a couple hundred dollars every fortnight and he does win 15K 10K here and there. Not a bad hobby if you can stay disciplined. A bit similar to the gold game though, a lot of luck involved.

Back to top Go down