Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ7000 refund

+26
G.B.
Goldfields Explorer
Narrawa
Alan WA
Shinegold
Basada
Canned Heat
slimpickens
ozgold 041
Jack outwest
Swinger
Inhere
Cal
AraratGold
Martin R
goldchaser
goldnomad
aussiedigger
chris68
Doofus
bundy06
Jims Gold
Undertaker
CostasDee
AU_Toe
Reno Chris
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Empty Re: GPZ7000 refund

Post  Martin R Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:38 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:
I dont have a gpz 7000.
The challenge is for you to show us your passion of the zed.

I got nothing to prove to anyone but myself , cheers for the Coffee

larry303 wrote:......if I owned a 7000 I would not wish to see anything in print that may devalue my investment decision

Thats not why I wouldnt put a a Vid at all you missed the point ,,,,,,, Why would I show my color at the forum all you none Z owners might buy one if to many finds are being made Wink

goldchaser wrote:

Martin have you had it in a storm? I have,zero emi in a storm is BS im sorry,its way better then a gpx but not immune to it.

Yes I have , rain wind lightening it was all there , and it purred unlike the GPX where you had to pack up
There was no EMI in the settings I was using minor maybe, but that would be about it , you dont need to crank the gain up to get better depth, more gain more EMI its no different swinging an 18" coil with the 5000 around 2 in the arvo

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:44 pm

goldchaser wrote: Are you blokes for real? Class action?
 If it doesn't suit you why don't ya sell it and carry on with your business,you out to prove something or find gold?
We had a few nuggets that would of been walked over with a 45 that the zed pulled me up on,it performs a little better then a gpx,some signals (gold) we could see 30-40% increase in signal id say. It doesn't  suit our circumstances at the moment sadly.
If i was in vic i reckon it would be my best chance of finding deep gold,reckon that big coil will punch deep.
 Don't mean to be disrespectfull but you guy's with your test beds,why hang around a test bed havent you got gold bearing ground to put it over?

Martin have you had it in a storm? I have,zero emi in a storm is BS im sorry,its way better then a gpx but not immune to it.
Martin put it in severe ground settings,wind gain down to 8 then walk onto a salt lake with it,hope ya got some ear plugs with you  lol! lol!

Got to agree with goldchaser on the EMI front, it's way better than a 5000 but NOT immune.

A few days ago mine was farting every now and then. It was a very windy day with shower squalls coming through every half hour, and the machine was reacting to it, but nowhere near as bad as a 5000 !

Also ran mine near some high voltage lines, once again much better than a 5000, but NOT immune.

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Martin R can we please get this thread back on topic - I don't care what your experiences with the 7000 are, and this thread was not started to argue the merits or otherwise of the machine. It was started as a query regarding refunds, presumably due to concern over some owner's perceived underperformance of the machine. Not meaning to highjack the thread (sorry Robert), I thought this an ideal thread to raise the question of possibly other means of compensation.

Could we please contain this thread for people not satisfied with their purchase, so much so that they are willing to discuss options.

Martin if you want shake other owner's private parts over the crumbs or larger pieces you are finding, then please start another thread Laughing

Larry I have spent many years seeking my own personal truth, this I have done to the point where I have zero tolerance within myself of a whiff of denial of any problem. The point you make of maybe less mature people taking comfort in denial regarding their satisfaction with this machine is exactly what I am trying to tease out of this thread. WAKE UP if you feel manipulated and robbed by Minelab on your initial purchase.

Goldchaser, with respect for your candid posting, again I ask this thread be to discuss/organise options for the many disgruntled not sure where to go from here. Early speculation was that the machine would do well in the deeper mineralised soils of Victoria. It may be OK to 'reckon' that from afar, but to date it actually seems to be performing worst in Victoria. Regarding test beds, I spent my first day of ownership on one, followed by 2 weeks of going over some old patches and one rich diggings (one day at each location). Other reports from long timers test beds and old patches have given similar results.

Many parts of Victoria have always needed deep punching machines (simple topography) - and I feel I was conned into believing this was the one.

Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Cal wrote: I thought this an ideal thread to raise the question of possibly other means of compensation.

Compensation for what?
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Cal wrote:Martin R can we please get this thread back on topic - I don't care what your experiences with the 7000 are, and this thread was not started to argue the merits or otherwise of the machine. It was started as a query regarding refunds, presumably due to concern over some owner's perceived underperformance of the machine. Not meaning to highjack the thread (sorry Robert), I thought this an ideal thread to raise the question of possibly other means of compensation.

Could we please contain this thread for people not satisfied with their purchase, so much so that they are willing to discuss options.

Martin if you want shake other owner's private parts over the crumbs or larger pieces you are finding, then please start another thread Laughing

Larry I have spent many years seeking my own personal truth, this I have done to the point where I have zero tolerance within myself of a whiff of denial of any problem. The point you make of maybe less mature people taking comfort in denial regarding their satisfaction with this machine is exactly what I am trying to tease out of this thread. WAKE UP if you feel manipulated and robbed by Minelab on your initial purchase.

Goldchaser, with respect for your candid posting, again I ask this thread be to discuss/organise options for the many disgruntled not sure where to go from here. Early speculation was that the machine would do well in the deeper mineralised soils of Victoria. It may be OK to 'reckon' that from afar, but to date it actually seems to be performing worst in Victoria. Regarding test beds, I spent my first day of ownership on one, followed by 2 weeks of going over some old patches and one rich diggings (one day at each location). Other reports from long timers test beds and old patches have given similar results.

Many parts of Victoria have always needed deep punching machines (simple topography) - and I feel I was conned into believing this was the one.

Fair enough Cal but did you honestly beleive you would walk around digging deep nuggets all day,you see all this "go back to your old spots" thrown around the place kinda had me chuckling,i ran it on ground that i thought may hold some deeper gold but i was realistic as i know the area,most gold shallow so i did a few days and instead of blaming minelab i know i haven't got ground for it right now.
With that 14" coil my reckoning is 4-6" over my 45 with a 18mono,so you need gold within that extra range and say 10-20oz+,to me thats your odds (very roughly) and these areas (vic) have been hit hard,the odds are against you but ya still in with a chance but be realistic about it,the golds probably there but not within the extra depth the gpz is acheiving,get over it dude.....
Class actions because our test bed told us its no better then a gpx,i call this rubbish too,its not a very versatile machine but i dug enough gold with mine to see it outperforms a gpx.......

You blokes can't be serious about going to see lawyers?
Dear magistrate,my 30 yr old patch that half of melbournes been over and is depleted of gold has produced nothing with this new detector......lol!

Reality check.......

goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinger Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:07 pm

From the ACCC site:

"It makes no difference whether the business intended to mislead you or not. If the overall impression left by a business’s advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality  Shocked of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law."

Ouch!!

You gotta do what's right for you.

As for me  ... Suspect ... They're getting close. Gotta go!

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Images13

Swinger
Swinger
Swinger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:16 pm

This guy from Dampier appears happy with it, just got a nice 12 oz at 1.1 metres.

"Found in extra deep mode BUT they tested high yield and it could be heard clearly
heard in that mode as well, found at a depth of 1100mm, I have no doubts this is the best detector yet"

I don't know anyone who has detected gold at over a metre, with any minelab PI, let alone as small as 12 oz.
Rusty junk ok but not gold.
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I see ML have adds on TV about the 7000 , there is a sign showing 40% deeper with a small up to included .
Lets look at this   study   if the best previous setup could just detect a nugget at the following depths ' then the 7000 at up to 40% deeper

5000      7000
10"    -     14"
20"    -     28"
30"    -     42"

Wow     T23
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Empty Severe Setting

Post  Basada Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Can anyone tell me when you put the 7000 in to Severe setting that it automatically goes to high yield even when your in General or Extra Deep. No wounder the salt lakes don't like it.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinger Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Is that the Dampier 15 k's north west of Maryborough?

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Images14
Some freedom while the 5 oldgonads do some testing, suck down some big brown chooks and whip up a dodgy spreadsheet.

Now I can sell stuff.

Swinger
Swinger
Swinger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Basada wrote:Can anyone tell me when you put the 7000 in to Severe setting that it automatically goes to high yield even when your in General or Extra Deep. No wounder the salt lakes don't like it.

Yep i forgot about that,by what i heard though i dont like your chances in difficult either....
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:21 pm

What is it with you blokes? Can we please keep this thread on topic as two previous posts have requested already. If you want to celebrate the machine, go elsewhere and start your own thread. Mad  NB Good to here some positives, but this ain't the place

Now to answer previous attempted distractions from the original subject of refunds/discontent Twisted Evil

Goldchaser, of course I didn’t expect to be reaping nuggets by the kilo on some of my old patches. All were chosen to gauge how the machine performed over a wide variety of both ground types and depths, with a reasonable chance of finding additional gold,  including ground where the patch has simply ‘run into deeper ground out of reach’. With any significant improvement, I would have expected to find something other than sub- sub-grammers over the fortnight. I am pleased for you your ground was more rewarding.

Your reckoning of big slugs at depth if correct is at the extreme end, what about the more common smaller (say for example 1 to 3 0z) pieces at lesser depths out of reach of a 16 or 18”, or too small and deep for a coil such as the 25 or 30”? You get the gist.

To quote “the gold’s probably there but not within the extra depth the gpz is achieving” - spot on, but as for “get over it dude.....” FFS Goldchaser, for this sort of money, you’re well on the way to setting yourself up with a big yellow detector – Minelab anything suddenly becomes much less relevant.

I am not suggesting racing into the courts crying over depleted goldfields.

I am suggesting further discussion on this forum about what options the gold detecting community may have to curb increasingly aggressive pricing and marketing techniques employed by Minelab. Inhere, I stand corrected on the use of the word ‘compensation’.

IMO you’re being too flippant and like all of us a victim of our speculative natures leveraged to the nth degree by Minelab this time round. Test pads are only part of the equation, but I would suggest they have more meaning than to quote Minelab’s sales pitch of the GPZ 7000s superiority “When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in typical environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions” WTF is that supposed to mean? This was actually asked/speculated on this forum without reply. What sort of consumer guidance is that for a $10.7K product?

To further quote Minelab - New for 2015 and available now - the Minelab GPZ 7000. “This revolutionary new ZVT technology far surpasses GPX detectors for detecting deep large nuggets AND finding gold at any depth. The GPZ 7000 will open up the  gold fields again.” -Bruce Candy, GPZ Inventor

All I can ask; is this comment conditional upon use with additional coils? If so, why wasn’t this made transparent prior to release?

We’ve had a decade of non-transparent advertising campaigns from this company – look back over past detecting forums. I for one have had enough of this BS.

I’m not for  a second expecting it, but as you ask the question of compensation Inhere (I apologise for using that word loosely) how about 1) supply at no extra cost of an additional coil that may live up to Bruce’s product description; or 2) ‘recall’ of a ‘faulty’ software for upgrade?

I leave the thread for discussion, but may I suggest at a minimum, that as a body (this forum, others, prospector organizations – I leave to members), we make the ACCC aware of Minelab’s history of non-transparent marketing strategies which obviously take unfair advantage of our curious speculative natures that have brought us all to this hobby.
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Top post Cal , found a pic of the happy convinced   Very Happy

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Parableofsheep_zpscvp5whau
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:00 am

You've made my day Jack Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I must get some sleep now, my stomach is hurting from laughing, but I'll try What a Face
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:44 am

Thanks Cal Very Happy  you have some good mates on here ! sleep well .

Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:33 am

Point taken Cal,i understand where ya at,i don't agree with the "class actions" thats all......
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:37 am

OK. So it appears that no-one has asked for a refund, they're too afraid to say so on here, no-one knows of anyone who has asked for a refund.

I guess it must all be BS then?

Come on Dougie, surely YOU must know lots of these types?

Robert

PS. Great try Cal at bringing the thread back to my question. Alas, we can't always be successful. Crying or Very sad
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Hello Cal.

Great posts Cal, don’t worry you aren’t the only one thinking on those lines, like I said a month ago be damn careful and think about it, but I was howled down as usual, it’s par for the course here.

If I could only tell you all the news on this fiasco it would get many of you upset, so all I can offer is for the ones that fronted up and bought them, that is Good luck for the future.

Oh and Robert, you are a bit tongue in cheek with that statement, there are many top operators who took them back for refunds, and all dealers have had their share of come- backs, but if it got out which ones done this, there would be a stampede, so it is kept quiet. Some have had to drop a grand to get it done, but better now than later.

Some news I heard today, was the big coil would have been out already, but unfortunately it was far too heavy and it is being remodeled, you can wish them luck with that happening.

Keep at it Cal the others will join in.

Cheers ozgold.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:48 pm

ozgold 041 wrote:
Some news I heard today, was the big coil would have been out already, but unfortunately it was far too heavy and it is being remodelled, you can wish them luck with that happening.

Cheers ozgold.

Yeah man, I read that too! Wink Spooky Question
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:16 pm

I don't want a refund but since I got one the day of release here,s my take on it.
I have detected for a number of years and have hit the patches I know of hard during that time. From the SD2000 days to present time.
I used the SD2000, 2100, 2200D, 4500, 5000 and now the 7. I used multiple coils too, small 8" up to 18" in both round and Elliptical design.
Each patch got hit multiple times with different size coils and on different types of weather/ground conditions, dry and wet. As well as different settings. I never did a spot once with one setting or coil then moved on, I used everything I had.
On all the patches so far the biggest bits im getting are half gram bits. Im hitting them in High Yield, General and Deep. Iv tried running it hot and on the edge of erratic and quiet.
I feel that if someone has hit their patches like I did with different coils and settings then its gonna be hard to pull better bits with the 7.
I never for one minute thought that the places, (all of them, that I have been back to, I still have some to try yet but did my best yielders first,) would all have good gold left and realise that some may never have much left with the best gone for good. But the same result keeps being repeated for me, small bits only. I work this thing slow, check sus sounds out and investigate, don't rely on the auto track to do its thing by itself instead hit the button quite often to remind it to (it gets lazy now and then). Constantly make sure the emi is under check.
But, I cant help but feel this machine has been overhyped. If re-open the goldfields means going back and finding little sub gram bits then yeah, you can do that just about anywhere you go with it, but re-open it like other machines....that's a stretch. I don't feel for one second like I did when I got any of those machines I listed like I do with this one.
The other thing I feel is this, the best gold is gone. Those heady days of the SD's and GPX's are not going to be repeated with this 7000.
I have no doubt that some will find some good gold with it, im hoping I do, or that here and there, there will be a good bit it will find that others could not. It could well be that this 7000 is 40% better, but the gold is so depleted that we are not seeing it in the real world detecting like we did with other machines. I have no doubt that there is probably ground out there which it sings in, iv heard reports of guys in other states doing well. But here in Central Vic im not seeing great results being repeated often enough to convince me that this is the machine I was lead to expect it to be. I am often reminded when Im out there with this thing of what a guy I used to know who had a claim told me about some of his patches. He found heaps, hundreds and hundreds of ounces. The best one where he got a huge amount from he decided to get a claim and a dozer. To cut a long story short of this patch that had yielded nuggets up to 20 oz for him he got 1oz dozing it. He was convinced there would be more than he had detected there at depth, there wasn't. I think we are seeing this happen to us now with the 7.
Ill keep it, it will probably pay for itself I have no doubt. But am I really happy with it like I was with say my 4500 OR 5000? No.
Overpriced small gold detector.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Good post, Canned Heat!
You would only need to wave over one good nugget, hope it happens for you. Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks Ozgold, if I can do my bit to try and keep the b****rds honest, at least I have some peace of mind, and hopefully provide others with a more balanced view prior to purchase.

Robert I know for certain of two Ballarat full-timers, one received $10K, the other received $5K and a second-hand 4500 - don't know the full story on the latter, seems a bit rough. Dealership is uncertain. Source is extremely reliable, second only to direct from these two. I would rather not mention names.

Great post Canned Heat, very well put. I can identify with all you say, and yeah, using this machine does not provide me with any extra motivation as other new machines have - I'm trying to like it though, confidence in it is everything out there. I will also keep mine and see what additional coils do; I'm not going to be whipsawed into selling now and re-purchasing if the new coils change everything, enough coin has been spent as it is without potentially blowing more; as far as gold-finding ability, I'm fairly sure I'm at no disadvantage using it.

Oh and Goldchaser, yeah Class Action is likely way over the top, but I'm only throwing around ideas - grabbing attention if you like regarding Minelab's marketing this time around which IMO has been over the top. ACCC seems the go to me ATM - the more involved in the complaint, the merrier Twisted Evil

To quote the now classic line from 'The Castle' - It is...it is...the vibe your honour Laughing
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:34 pm

[quote="Cal"]
Robert I know for certain of two Ballarat full-timers, one received $10K, the other received $5K and a second-hand 4500 - don't know the full story on the latter, seems a bit rough. Dealership is uncertain. Source is extremely reliable, second only to direct from these two. I would rather not mention names.

Thanks Cal. I fully understand you not mentioning names.
What I can't understand is whether ML need to approve the deal.

Robert

PS R.I.P. Bud Tingwell Sad

goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah no problems Cal i got bit fiery and can do sometimes,good luck with it.
You think minelabs marketing is over the top,you should here the local radio add in Kal for the ATX affraid affraid affraid
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Thanks guys. One thing I forgot to mention. Im not a great fan of spending all my time on test beds but last week I wanted to see what, or if, there were any differences in the response to larger bits on the different mode/settings. I took a 2 ounce nugget out with me to see. Would liked to have had a bigger bit but as the book says Deep is for 50g upwards I thought it would do. The ground was hottish, on a scale of maybe 8 out of 10. Without going into useless detail here was the result. High Yield and General banged it in the best, Deep mode was the shallowest. Shallower by at least 5 inches. Im sure there are bits of similar size that Deep may or would get better, but with this bit it didn't. I am convinced that one could walk around in Deep and miss nuggets of 2 ounces and perhaps more in weight that High Yield and General would have easily got. A person I know did the same thing, tried a bit like I did around the 2 ounce mark, and says the same.
It was interesting to hear those guys who got the 12oz slug say it was easily heard on High Yield at 1.1 meters.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Empty Interesting post

Post  Basada Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:49 pm

I would like to know what sensitivity settings and if it was in normal or difficult and audio smoothing settings on or off. This type of info helps.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 pm

goldnomad wrote:As I understand it, If you buy a 7000, the money goes directly to Minelab and then Minelab pays the dealer a commission.

So, how do you go about returning a 7000 and getting a refund? Surely Minelab would have to approve it first?

Has anyone on this forum successfully obtained a refund or personally know someone who has?

Just interested as I can;t see how it can happen without going through the legal system

Robert

http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/content/acl_resources/downloads/acl_refund_returns_sign.pdf    What a Face

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund  What a Face What a Face

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees   What a Face What a Face What a Face

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/shopping/refunds-and-returns/change-of-mind Sad

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/australia-law/?r=ppc|ga|2|Expansion%20-%20Australia%20Law%20-%203/19/2014|australian%20consumer%20law&JPKW=australian%20consumer%20law&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=43005280858&JPMT=b&JPNW=s&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20140319&JPRC=1&JPOP=Gloria_Expansion&mkwid=sHOpuQSuR_dc&pcrid=43005280858&pkw=australian%20consumer%20law&pmt=b&plc=&gclid=CPe3kryQqsQCFY2VvQodaWYAAg

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 refund - Page 2 Empty 2 Cents Worth

Post  Goldfields Explorer Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 am

I think its only early days yet, so I do hope who has paid out the cash gets the rewards back '
The only thing I would be looking out for is who has bought the new GPZ ,Have they sold on there 5000 /4500 yet
or will they be keeping it to see how it pans out first 'That's what I will find interesting which could make the older detectors
sell for less returns, For me I like to see it before my eyes & ears 'we all know how tall gold stories get told
Anyhow its all interesting to come here and read the new posts on the new machine Cheers to all there's gold in them thar hills
GFE
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Im guessing Basada your referring to my post? Ground was bad and could not run normal, no way, lots of ironstone, false signals everywhere. Had to run smoothing on low, still got some false signals but was workable. Tried various settings but the ones I settled on were. Ground difficult, Sens 12, Smoothing low, Threshold 29 (tried various levels of that but that was the best compromise, was too chatty lower). I tried adjusting things in the various modes of High Yield, General and Deep. But the results were the same. May have been the nugget itself, 90% solid with a few holes. I was pretty shocked at the result as I was expecting to see a gradual increase in signal from High Yield to General and then Deep.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Thank for your post. Was the signal low /high board or narrow or just a rise.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next