Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 what will you do

+38
Detrackozi
Qld Sandy
GoldHound
ichi-ban
goldnomad
deepseeker123
Jack outwest
Tributer
secret gold
Aurumick
Winterwood
akko
goldpoacher
Troopy
cam
avon g
CostasDee
rc62burke
gullyhunter
slimpickens
Ash100456
Martin R
Jonathan Porter
walkerminty
papoutsi
Inhere
Alan WA
BatchelorGold
Nightjar
ozgold 041
angus
gold-fever
Redfin
Digginerup
ruffles
kon61
Alwaysback
G.B.
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will you do if you buy or don't buy a GPZ 7000

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_lcap49%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 61 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 125

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Empty Re: GPZ 7000 what will you do

Post  cam Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:41 pm

jp, I for one appreciate your input, not only to this forum, but the effort you put into testing new machines etc. I know that there is  much you want to say about the "new" machine...but you can't yet.. and that is understandable...but please don"t  get pissed-off with those that just want to "bag" you out, because you "work" for mine-lab.. believe me, the "silent majority" really appreciate yore input..

cam

cam
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Has anyone noticed how the ratio's have changed significantly from the early days of the poll?

It started early with many getting on the "I'll Buy it" team, but as time has passed few have added to that group and the "Wait & see" entries have taken over.  Could be due to early voters not wanting to be seen as not going to buy, or could be that those on the forum more often are those more likely to be buyers.  

What do the rest of you think?
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Guy & Gals This machine new could be the beezz knees in detectors and knock our socks off. But if it is, as they are saying (we'll know after the 18th feb) it may be over $10,000. Then it will be, for me, sticking with the 5000 as $10,000+ is way beyond my pocket money. As I've alway said "Gold never changes or the ground it is laying in, only the technology to find it changes". The 5000 can find gold, and it still will, even when the 7000 comes out. The 7000 may be able to find it easier and deeper, but can anyone tell me, if ALL the ground right now, that contains gold, ever been fully covered with the 5000 or even the 4500 machines and got all the gold out, that these machines are capable of finding. The answer is "No". I saw some beautiful gold today that the 2300 had found and anyone of these nuggets could have been found with the 5000. It was found in ground that most people have not been in, or have not bothered in checking out properly.
Personally I'll stick with my 5000 until I can find enough gold to justify to buy the 7000, but only it if it proves it self and I can see the value.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:03 pm

"Members please take note"

We can speculate all we like"respectfully",but please do not harass JP about answering any questions on the performance or price of the new GPZ 7000,until he has been given the green light by Codan/Minelab to do so. I'm sure he himself is more than keen to answer any questions regarding the above detector,all in good time.Besides,not to long now before Minelab makes it all official.

Cheers Management.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:26 pm

I agree Kon, and that the Mods have at least ask for members to tone it down a bit in regards to JP, at least until he has the OK from ML to give all the info on the new machine. Bashing JP around the head right now is not going to make him give more info. More than likely he will give less when the time comes, being to scared that there will be someone out there just waiting to try and shoot him down. The guy is just doing his job, testing machines for ML and giving them his opinion. We are very lucky to have him as a member.
Guys give JP a break and wait for the new machine to come out and then ask as many questions that you like for JP to answer. As long as they are sensible and propper questions regarding the 7000 it self and not just having a go at JP integrity as a person or as a tester, he will be more than happy to help, I'm sure.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:22 am

I would like to know what JP voted for on the poll of this thread Laughing Laughing Laughing

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:31 am

108 votes. What about you.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  goldpoacher Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 pm

The soon release of GPZ7000 will be great timing for getting back into the game after 18 months travelling Australia on Motorbike.
I most likely keep both GPX5000's due to limited known coil options (13"x14"super dd), have pre-ordered 2 X GPZ7000,regardless preformance gains concerning ground/targets size, Minelab has followed Codan into the 21 century in styling and control interface

goldpoacher
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 3 Empty minelab testing

Post  akko Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Can someone clear this up for me.
With Minelab about to release this new model, and testing having been done by respected people such as JP.
Do they release this model before feedback from their field testers addressing any problems or issues identified.
Thanks akko

akko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Winterwood Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:42 pm

akko wrote:Can someone clear this up for me.
With Minelab about to release this new model, and testing having been done by respected people such as JP.
Do they release this model before feedback from their field testers addressing any problems or issues identified.
Thanks akko

Hi Akko, I'd expect testing has been going on for a while now and feedback has already been built into changes to the unit.

J
Winterwood
Winterwood
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Correct Winterwood. Akko,testing has been going on for quite some time now. Nothing is released prior to feedback from Minelabs various testers around Aus/the world.  Reasons;
1) Paying what ever the cost is on any item,then finding out it has major faults or flaws ain't exactly a good feeling for both buyer or seller.
2) Selling thousands of them only to have a major recall,because of construction/design issues would be disastrous for any company (profit & or credibility/reputation wise).
Minelabs has a good history/reputation behind them & we all expect that to continue on.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:24 pm

kon61 wrote:Correct Winterwood. Akko,testing has been going on for quite some time now. Nothing is released prior to feedback from Minelabs various testers around Aus/the world.  Reasons;
1) Paying what ever the cost is on any item,then finding out it has major faults or flaws ain't exactly a good feeling for both buyer or seller.
2) Selling thousands of them only to have a major recall,because of construction/design issues would be disastrous for any company (profit & or credibility/reputation wise).
Minelabs has a good history/reputation behind them & we all expect that to continue on.

Cheers Kon.

I would go further and suggest that they will have done an enormous amount of their own in-house testing during the development phase and well prior to having the independent testers do their stuff with pre-release models. No good having these experts coming back with a list of issues to be fixed.

pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Keep your older detector and get the GPZ 7000 .21% 21%
So 21% have more money than they know what to do with and probably don't need to be looking for gold.

Sell or trade older detector to obtain a GPZ 7000 9%
9 % are scratching and are wise with their money

Wait until I know how good they are and then decide.47%
47 % have wisened to the detector market and don't trust the manufacturers claims but are keen on their detecting.

Wait for a used GPZ 7000 to come on the market.2%
2 % have got some cash but will not waste it on something they know nothing about.

Will just keep my old detector and not bother getting the GPZ 7000 19%
19 % are happy with what they have, don't do a lot of gold detecting and are not bothered if they don't get it all.

Will upgrade my older detector to a GPX when there is a flood of used ones on the market 2%
Might be quite a while before this lot get a GPZ. They are happy with the results they get from the GPXs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Keep your older detector and get the GPZ 7000 21%
So 21% can afford to upgrade and are keen to get in before the rest as it gives them an advantage, especially with a 40% extra depth claim. They will keep their old machine as a backup.

9 % are keen for any advantage they can get, but don’t have excess funds.

47 % will sit on the fence and let 30% of the people get a head start on them.

2 % have extremely long pockets and short arms, or are happy using something else as it is their god given right to do so.

19 % probably don’t get to do a lot of detecting and are happy with what they have as they are still learning it.

Will upgrade my older detector to a GPX when there is a flood of used ones on the market 2%
2% enjoy being behind the times.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:10 pm

We have 6098 registered users that show some interest in Gold detecting,

But we will say only half from this figure actually will use a detector 3049

Than possibly about one third would use a coin detector so that brings us to 2014 rounded up.

Total Votes : 112

So there's still about 1902  members not voted at time of posting.

some will note vote on speculation which is understandable.

others are possibly on some sort of holiday and wont see the vote.

and the unknown members

conclusion is this vote will never come close to real statistics.
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 pm

mickAurum wrote:

conclusion is this vote will never come close to real statistics.
Spot on Mick, besides it's much easier to click a spot than pull that
$10 grand out of your pocket.
Could be great, but gold doesn't grow back, so a good buy for the goldhounds. cheers

Might not be that great for people that still work for a living,,,,,or the retired with these
low interest rates. Mad
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:50 pm

[quote="Inhere"]
mickAurum wrote:

,,,,,or the retired with these
low interest rates. Mad

this is the part that i know is true.
i have lots of relatives and friends who are self funded retirees. they are all hurting with these low interest rates, which we are told are going to go even lower. do some figures - half a million on three percent interest = $15,000 income a year. at double that per year they were still living like paupers, now they are hurting badly.

and yes, i wish i had a half million in the bank, but no i am not one of them that are proud to not be sucking on the government pension handout. most self funded retirees will not touch their principal if they can avoid it, it disagrees with their religion so to speak.
gunna be mighty tough for people to upgrade to this 7000, if it is a bit ...kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  secret gold Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:59 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmm what will i do sit sit on my ass and wait and dream lol and see what its really like before spending almost 10k on a detector

secret gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:43 pm

GPZ 7000 what will you do In order to acquire one.....welllll its like this.
Last week i dropped in on ML to have something replaced under warranty, cuz i was in the area you see.

While waiting, i asked the chick behind the big desk you see when you walk in the door, could i use the loo. She pointed and said down their turn yada yada yada...and so be it. While i was in there doing my thing, and playing with my phone....as you do... the fire alarm rang, and for the life of me i could not work the back end any faster than i was already. So there i sat while the rush was on to vacate the building to the emergency assembly point.

In the meantime id manged to speed things up and exit the the bosses privet dunny...she said left, then right im sure...whatever!!!...it doesn't matter cuz im done now and have other things on my mind...like where's my stuff.? No way im leaving here without my replacement. So i went looking for it. On my way i just happen to see other fings Very Happy . Very Happy  V57  V60

So, im coming back real soon to have my other broken key ring replaced, you know the Minelab adventure club one you get each time you buy one of their top units.....yeah well i have a few, and the blasted chain keeps breaking.   V58

Ps, while on the dunny i accidentally tripped my GPS locator APP on my phone that gives off your location, which frightened the bageesus out of me.....perhaps in that moment of confusion, i hit the fire alarm instead of the false alarm..  V19  ...similar wording and i dont wear glasses to improve my looks.?

Anyways....the fire drill gives me ideas of how to acquire meself one of the newest top dogs. V06
While they all run out the front door, i'll slip out the back door.  V46

T06
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:36 pm

I borrowed my parents 2000's and 2100's, first detector I had the cash to buy was a 2200. Jumped to a 3500 and now a 4500 ( did not see much improvement in the platform to justify the in between models, although having a 4000 would have been nice.) I have paid my detectors off many times over and cash to buy one is not the issue.
If you detect heaps jump in and grab one and hopefully they will bear fruit on your old ground.
My view is to wait at least a couple weeks to check they work well. My family had an issue where both first batch extremes failed within hours because of dry solders. Also if you wait a couple months some dealers will be doing a better cash rate probably (as in earlier models), once the rush is over.

For those members despairing, who cannot afford one, get a 4500 or 5000. The amount of gold you get is 90% research and effort and experience, because the current 4500/5000 technology is first rate. Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:07 am

Tributer wrote:I borrowed my parents 2000's and 2100's, first detector I had the cash to buy was a 2200. Jumped to a 3500 and now a 4500 ( did not see much improvement in the platform to justify the in between models, although having a 4000 would have been nice.) I have paid my detectors off many times over and cash to buy one is not the issue.
If you detect heaps jump in and grab one and hopefully they will bear fruit on your old ground.
My view is to wait  at least a couple weeks to check they work well. My family had an issue where both  first batch extremes failed within hours because of dry solders. Also if you wait a couple months some dealers will be doing a better cash rate probably (as in earlier models), once the rush is over.

For those members despairing, who cannot afford one, get a 4500 or 5000. The amount of gold you get is 90% research and effort and experience, because the current 4500/5000 technology is first rate. Tributer

Like the way you think Tributer  Very Happy

What always annoys me is MLs price , if they made this new model more affordable then their previous 5000 they could sell heaps .
But that wont happen I guess   Crying or Very sad

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:30 am

Jack outwest wrote:
Tributer wrote:I borrowed my parents 2000's and 2100's, first detector I had the cash to buy was a 2200. Jumped to a 3500 and now a 4500 ( did not see much improvement in the platform to justify the in between models, although having a 4000 would have been nice.) I have paid my detectors off many times over and cash to buy one is not the issue.
My view is to wait  at least a couple weeks to check they work well. My family had an issue where both  first batch extremes failed within hours because of dry solders. Also if you wait a couple months some dealers will be doing a better cash rate probably (as in earlier models), once the rush is over.

Like the way you think Tributer  Very Happy

What always annoys me is MLs price , if they made this new model more affordable then their previous 5000 they could sell heaps .
But that wont happen I guess   Crying or Very sad

jack .

I like the high price as that means less people can afford it which means less people to compete with and less people taking...............................MY GOLD V06
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 am

Hey Tributer

Well said mate you are always the voice of reason & common sense.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:56 am

Hey Goldhound
Mate I doubt very much that you have very much competition at the level you operate mate, it appears you push the boundaries whilst others never get close to them!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 am

Qld Sandy wrote:Keep your older detector and get the GPZ 7000 21%
So 21% can afford to upgrade and are keen to get in before the rest as it gives them an advantage, especially with a 40% extra depth claim. They will keep their old machine as a backup.

2 % have extremely long pockets and short arms, or are happy using something else as it is their god given right to do so.

19 % probably don’t get to do a lot of detecting and are happy with what they have as they are still learning it.

Peter
I think there are quite a few folks around forgetting that there are many, middle aged men in this hobby with full time jobs with a wife & a few kids & a mortgage!!! all of which take priority over the purchase of any new toy! lets not also forget a detector & the use of such is not really a spectator friendly hobby, I know the analogy is drawn to the purchase of a boat as a similar outlay quite often, but when you consider this you can take the whole family out & have a great day on the water, granted you can take the family camping but it is not the same.

What I am saying is there are a lot more considerations put into the equation!!!!!!

The justification of the price is most likely the highest on the list & it is for me as I am quite sure you can appreciate, "reference" my eagerness to take advantage of the "Special" on the SDC2300, what I am saying here is that if the price was more reasonable, you as a "Dealer" would reap the benefits with higher sales figures, personally I think you statements above in bold are a little harsh, I would love a new detector but cannot justify it, although I can understand your frustration with some of the rhetoric about minelab in recent times.

rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:50 am

Leee, I don't see those comments as harsh. I see them as reality.

9 % are scratching and are wise with their money

47 % have wisened to the detector market and don't trust the manufacturers claims but are keen on their detecting.

2 % have got some cash but will not waste it on something they know nothing about.

It could be argued that the above comments are harsh also. I believe this new detector is aimed towards those that are serious and can afford it.
Perhaps like a new Maserati is aimed towards those that like performance and can afford one. I'd like one of those but can afford it, but I don't come up with conspiracy theories and marketing plans to help them sell more and get me one at the same time. It is Minelab's new machine and it is their call, I guess after many executive meetings and market analysis to settle on a figure, which btw, has not been announced as yet and is all pure speculation to this point.
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:47 am

Qld Sandy wrote:Keep your older detector and get the GPZ 7000 21%

Good to see the dealers point of view.
As Lee was saying there is more than meets the eye.

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 am

I have to agree with rc62burke on this one.  

Qld Sandy I thought that the other two comments of yours were particularly harsh, narrow minded and quite arrogant also:  

Qld Sandy wrote:Will just keep my old detector and not bother getting the GPZ 7000 19%

However after your relentless hard selling of the SDC2300 this comes as no surprise Rolling Eyes  This technique may work on other customers of yours, but i certainly won't be one of them.

Best of luck

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  deepseeker123 Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:45 am

May i put my 2 bobs worth in.....since when did "UP TO 40 per cent increase in depth" become "40 per cent increase" Evil or Very Mad

deepseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2015-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:19 pm

avon g wrote:I have to agree with rc62burke on this one.  

Qld Sandy I thought that the other two comments of yours were particularly harsh, narrow minded and quite arrogant also:  

Qld Sandy wrote:Will just keep my old detector and not bother getting the GPZ 7000 19%

However after your relentless hard selling of the SDC2300 this comes as no surprise Rolling Eyes  This technique may work on other customers of yours, but i certainly won't be one of them.

Best of luck

Opinions are just that, opinions. We all have one whether we're right or wrong. I have opinions on things I am passionate about and believe in and if that gets me into trouble then so be it. I wrote quite a bit about the SDC as I saw a lot of negative garbage about it, some from people who didn't even own one. If you think I am hard selling then I will just step back and just watch. Best of luck.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next