Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed

+3
thegoldman24
kon61
slimpickens
7 posters

Go down

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed Empty Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed

Post  slimpickens Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Warning: A little bit of Blah, blah, blah.

What is the difference between “sceptical” and “cynical”?

The cynic defines "lifegiving water" as "what fish crap in"
A sceptic thinks "those fish wouldn't do that would they"?

A person is rarely a cynic. Cynicism is a transient attitude which is modified in the light of changing conditions and can be just as healthy as scepticism. The implications above that one may switch from one to the other without intervening new information and consideration, is ridiculous.

Last edited by slimpickens on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Gave me a headache reading it. No time for that reading bullsh!t. Got to go a-huntin.)
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed Empty Re: Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed

Post  kon61 Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Now let me think? Q22 Don't think,one must use emotion. Q35   Slim,what can I say? Ahoooohhmmmm. Q10  Buddha be Praised.

Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed Empty Re: Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed

Post  slimpickens Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 pm

kon61 wrote:Now let me think? Q22 Don't think,one must use emotion. Q35   Slim,what can I say? Ahoooohhmmmm. Q10  Buddha be Praised.

Kon.

Thinking? scratch Thinking? scratch  Interesting point of view Kon. Hmm, now let me think about that. Razz
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed Empty maybe optimistic skeptic?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Possibly some skeptical optimists in the mix too Very Happy
Liene Stevens wrote:  On Being A Skeptical Optimist

An optimist is not the opposite of a skeptic, it is the opposite of a cynic.

Cynical people operate with a doom and gloom energy, an outlook that shuts down ideas before they can even start.

Skeptics are critical thinkers. They look beyond the surface and dig deeper.

Skeptical optimists believe that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel and that people can change and have the capacity to do good far beyond what we could ever imagine. They're also aware that asking "why?" isn't negative, but rather a necessary question to gain more clarity and achieve better results.

Skeptical optimists see the glass as half full but never get tired of brainstorming ways to fill it all the way up so that more people can enjoy what's inside.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm sure it finds gold but I'm skeptical to the claim from Minelab about up to 40% more depth than the 5000. If they didn't put in the "under prevailing conditions" clause I then might not be so skeptical Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Prevailing conditions are the metal detecting conditions that exist at a particular place and time.
So if the ground is solid iron ore, there is lightning flashing everywhere around you and it is bucketing rain and the 5000 just pings  a 10oz nugg at 20 inches in those conditions then the Zed7000 will just ping  the same nugg buried at 28 inches in the same place and time.......Reason to be skeptical? I dunno, sounds feasable.....But is it?...Now I'm being cynical. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:16 pm

yes well , it pays to be both cynical and sceptical in todays day and age. Theres no point in finger pointing. lts all about being vigilant and doing your own research.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:51 pm

"In prevailing conditions, it goes 40% deeper"... over non-prevailing conditions. Or it goes 40% deeper on large nuggets against small nuggets. Sounds cynical from me, doesn't it? But I'm not being cynical, I'm being literal. Any claim can be qualified, truth bent, distorted, made extreeme under difficult mineralised conditions, hidden under hotrocks etc. so it doesn't matter what they claim. The only way you'll even know is if you test them against previous models.

The fact they're using a DOD coil speaks volumes. Someone should make a 14" DOD coil with the same shaped windings for the GPX machines and see.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed Clampe10
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Are you Cynical or just Sceptical about Minelab's claims for the GPZed Empty 7000

Post  ttrash Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Well

for now , all i would like to see is someone to test ( video or not ) a 1 oz or bigger piece .

take it out in the Gold field

dig a hole , bury it at different depths 15" , 20" , deeper & see if the 7000 will pick it up &
what settings used ........?

Q10
Q08
Q41
V11
V19
V37

Anthony

ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 pm

ttrash wrote:
dig a hole , bury it at different depths  15" , 20" , deeper & see if the 7000 will pick it up &
what settings used ........?

Don't forget, when you refill that hole, make sure you squash the dirt (to varying degrees). Idea Makes a huge difference.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 pm

slimpickens wrote:Warning: Extreme amount of Blah, blah, blah.

What is the difference between “sceptical” and “cynical”?
Both the words "sceptical" and "cynical" refer to a doubtful mood, but what is the basic difference between them?
Sceptical means “having reservations”. Someone who is sceptical will not easily be convinced, will be hard to persuade.
The main meaning of cynical is “believing the worst of people”, or as NOAD says, “distrustful of human sincerity or integrity”. By extension, it has come to mean “doubting something will happen”, which can be somewhat close in meaning to sceptical in some cases, but not generally.

A person who is cynical generally has a very bad outlook on life, and has very little faith in others.
A person who is sceptical is more likely to put in the appropriate research before believing what they are told.
Someone who is cynical usually assumes people are out to screw them. Someone who is sceptical understands there are bad people out there, and that is why we must be careful and deliberate in our decisions.

The cynic defines "lifegiving water" as "what fish crap in"

The meaning of cynical is:
1. Believing that only selfishness motivates human actions; not believing in disinterested points of view; feeling uncertain if something will happen or it is worth the effort spent.
Showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions.
Pessimistic.

The meaning of sceptical is:
Having/showing doubt.
Denying or questioning the tenets of a religion.
regarding the doctrines or opinions of philosophical Sceptics.
The examples of sentences containing cynical or sceptical are the following:
Most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city.
He gave a cynical laugh.
Stalin had struck a cynical deal with Hitler.
The public were deeply sceptical about some of the proposals.

A person is rarely a cynic. Cynicism is a transient attitude which is modified in the light of changing conditions and can be just as healthy as scepticism. The implications above that one may switch from one to the other without intervening new information and consideration, is ridiculous.

WARNING: Extreme amount of useless shite...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink Wink
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 pm

deleted

Last edited by spinna on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : why bother?)

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 am

spinna wrote:deleted

Im only stirring him up spinna,where would we be without Harry's crazy posts......
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:35 am

goldchaser wrote:
spinna wrote:deleted

Im only stirring him up spinna,where would we be without Harry's crazy posts......

Razz To keep yas all happy,  I've gone and edited my post. I sincerely apologise for making your brains hurt.
(And I really mean that) Rolling Eyes Razz

The  doctor will see you now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M68GeL8PafE
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down