Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls

+2
ozgold 041
Aurumick
6 posters

Go down

The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Empty The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 am

Hi all.
Has anyone tried doing the sidewalls of a gully?
Does the Zed start screaming like a banshee due to EMI soon as you lift the coil up the wall like my 4500 does with a large coil?
Or is there a marked improvement over the Gpx's EMI non handling abilities?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Empty Re: The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls

Post  freshwater Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:00 pm

It does not like to be on its side, unlike the 4500 and 5000 which are quite happy doing this.
Regards
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Empty Re: The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls

Post  Aurumick Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:35 pm

I think it all depends on the area and type of EMI, some area's are fine and others are not so, but the 7000 is a lot less effected by EMI in most places compared to GPX's.

Hope this answers your question Slim!!!!
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:08 pm

freshwater wrote:It does not like to be on its side, unlike the 4500 and 5000 which are quite happy doing this.
Regards

Quote Aurummick "I think it all depends on the area and type of EMI, some area's are fine and others are not so, but the 7000 is a lot less effected by EMI in most places compared to GPX's."

Hope this answers your question Slim!!!!

Well Mick as you can see, 2 replies, 2 different answers. So.......? The question is still not answered completely Question
But I'm glad you think "it's a lot less effected by EMI in most places compared to GPX's"
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:55 pm

freshwater wrote:It does not like to be on its side, unlike the 4500 and 5000 which are quite happy doing this.
Regards

G'day freshwater,

Maybe the EMI where you have been with the 4500/5000 is different to where we have been as I know some areas where we have been detecting with our GPXs as soon as you tilt the coil slightly it straight away starts hearing the EMI. I quite often find this happen when I have dug out a signal and sit the 5000 down to retreave my target and if the coil is slightly tilted I receive the EMI coming through the H/Ps. Shocked

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi Slim.

I think you will find it is Earth Field problems, and not EMI.

This happens when you sweep the coil up at 45 degrees.

Cheers ozgold.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:08 pm

ozgold 041 wrote:Hi Slim.

I think you will find it is Earth Field problems, and not EMI.

This happens when you sweep the coil up at 45 degrees.

Cheers ozgold.

Well we can call it what ever we like ozzie, but in your opinion the Zed squeals, is that what your saying?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevwr Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 pm

I have found the GPZ to be far less affected by EMI than the GPX. Even lightening seems far less a problem. The other day I was detecting with a friend who almost gave up because of lightening with his 5000, but I barely noticed it.

As for gully sidewalls, I did not notice a problem with the GPZ whilst detecting sidewalls.

kevwr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 pm

kevwr wrote:I have found the GPZ to be far less affected by EMI than the GPX.  Even lightening seems far less a problem.  The other day I was detecting with a friend who almost gave up because of lightening with his 5000, but I barely noticed it.

As for gully sidewalls, I did not notice a problem with the GPZ whilst detecting sidewalls.

Thanks Kev, cheers
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:00 am

Never said it was EMI all i said was it didnt like having the coil tilted to 45, my 45s dont do this. U asked i replied.
Regards
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Slim.

Send me the co-ordinates to your secret gully/creek and l'll chk out the emi situation and give you a detailed report back V26
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:09 pm

The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Confused-face-smiley-emoticon Hmmm, can I trust GB with this info?
The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  NervousWhat if he reems the joint?
The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Confused-face-smiley-emoticonGullyhunter hasn't had the need to put the pick through the back of his head, yet.

The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticonWell, ok then, they're down the bottom of the page. 50/50 right?  pale

37.8928° N, 85.9747° W
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Slim

GOOD AND BAD

Sorry mate the bad news is we drove past there last week and there were 28 other blokes with 7000's and 12 blokes with modded 5000's and 2 x D12 dozers doing comparison tests.

Good news is emi won't be an issue as the creek got dozed off the map V11 V11 V11 V11 V11 V11 V11 V11 V11 V12 Q30
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:10 pm

G.B. wrote:Slim

Good news is emi won't be an issue as the creek got dozed off the map  :

That's great news GB, nuthin gives me the irits more than EMI. Mad

Thanks! The GPZed and EMI on gully sidewalls  Big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon

(Hey Gullyhunter, you know what to do. Don't leave any finger prints.)
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down