Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 what will you do

+38
Detrackozi
Qld Sandy
GoldHound
ichi-ban
goldnomad
deepseeker123
Jack outwest
Tributer
secret gold
Aurumick
Winterwood
akko
goldpoacher
Troopy
cam
avon g
CostasDee
rc62burke
gullyhunter
slimpickens
Ash100456
Martin R
Jonathan Porter
walkerminty
papoutsi
Inhere
Alan WA
BatchelorGold
Nightjar
ozgold 041
angus
gold-fever
Redfin
Digginerup
ruffles
kon61
Alwaysback
G.B.
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will you do if you buy or don't buy a GPZ 7000

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 61 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 125

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 2 Empty Re: GPZ 7000 what will you do

Post  rc62burke Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:28 pm

I'll Tell you what would be nice at the time of Launch!!!!!!

An un-cut promotional video of JP digging a large nugget at depth, after thoroughly testing it with the GPX5000 & the GPZ7000, to my way of thinking that would dispel all doubt.

This is in no way having a go at JP, I only used him because he is trusted!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Last edited by larry303 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Well joined the gym in November for a reason. Q38

Usually everyone is laughing at you when you join the gym but when i start digging 5 foot holes i dont think i will find any gold personally but might get few job offers. Q25

So for all you pros there who cant dig and you expect some nice big nuggets deep you can now hire a gold digger.

Small fee and senior discount applies. Q34

Little bit of humor and joke aside  i will keep mine 5000 and enjoy this hobby.

Few of mine detecting mates will have it and i am sure i will have a go.Or with detector or with digging.
I enjoy both when someone has a deep target and calls u to help.Its a such a buzz.

So lets wait and see. I can see everyone is excited about this new detector.

I personally think some people will find 14 inch (if that's the case) quite challenging to use.

GoldEN

Last edited by golden on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:05 pm

larry303 wrote:. that is vastly different to cash for comment by vested interests.....

While I agree with testing yourself or being careful before you buy, I think that statement is a touch unfair.
To be honest JP Is a pretty good judge of detectors, that may be why Minelab use him and through the years
when he has stated a detector is good, it has been. Look at your 5000, there were many who believed that was
nil improvement over the 4500, a lot less believe that now.

Anyway, the only time I disagreed with him.......it took awhile but I have to admit he was right.

If cash for comment was correct, he would have came undone long before now.
Just my opinion!
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:51 pm

golden wrote:

So for all you pros there who cant dig and you expect some nice big nuggets deep you can now hire a gold digger.

Small fee and senior discount applies. Q34

lol! lol! lol!
How much discount mate? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Just a little warning for those who want to take pot shots at my credibility..... I do not take cash for comment, I am not a dealer and I WILL NOT put up with anyone going down the innuendo road! I'm more than happy to give this latest release a big miss on this forum and just focus on what I do best!

So an early warning to the malcontents; by all means ask about the product, when the time comes and I'm allowed to talk about it I'm happy to pass on any information I'm in possession off that might help people make up their own minds on the detectors merits. You get below the belt and I'll ignore you, if it persists and the mods don't deal with it then I'm out of here!

Be aware I'm closely associated with Minelab Electronics and will be from time to time posting up to the web factual information about their metal detectors to assist in helping those people interested in getting the most out of Minelab's offerings, this information will include personal experiences I've had with their product, some of this information will be very positive in nature but all of it is drawn from factual events.

larry303 wrote:...I will be relying on "independant testers"...with their independence not clouded by vested interest and cash for comment....all we really know so far is a certain Johnathon in Australia and a Steve in USA report excellent results which Minlelab's no doubt provided to them at no cost for testing......<obviously>....Hoo Roo

P.S. I relied on Jim F's results with the SDC as factual as I believe he paid his own money to purchase it and then reported his/wife's results in the latest GG & T Mag...he may have been paid for his article however that is vastly different to cash for comment by vested interests.....  

Larry303 you just crossed the line!!!!

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  papoutsi Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Larry put a sock in it. JP has given a lot of different people here for a long time lots of help and inspiration to get out and enjoy detecting. I have enjoyed JP videos and when l first started detecting l knew no one else who detected , so learning from Jonathan and others here was all l had . Would be a great shame if we lost his in put. Life's to short just try and get along it ain't hard. Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 pm

What he said Q33

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:55 pm

That's fair enough, I'm not unreasonable...I'll take a holiday for awhile...and make it easier on the Moderators...let it all unfold for you without question...Good luck.........

I apologise unreservedly to JP, and I trust it does not affect his positive contributions to this great Forum.....on reflection I have been asking too many questions and a holiday will clear my head......trust I will still be welcome at the next Laanecoorie Bash......Good luck.

Last edited by larry303 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : issue apology to JP.)

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:01 pm

l for one will appolgise JP for the fact when l started this poll l wrongly believed l would get honest answers from members about how members woud go about obtaining a GPZ7000. I believe most replied honestly but l can't work out why some feel they need to make those sort of comments which attack someones integrity.

Maybe there is a bit of petty jealousy creeping out.

Don't let them spoil your day. When the time comes I and many others will sit up and heed your review. T06
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 pm

larry303 wrote:That's fair enough, I'm not unreasonable...I'll take a holiday for awhile...and make it easier on the Moderators...let it all unfold for you without question...Good luck....let the good riddances begin.....Hoo Roo

That's fair enough Larry, make sure you stick to your self imposed holiday, because your "cash for comment" is going to far. JP does make money from his work that he does with Minelab, and good on him for that, if he didn't do what has to be done testing the machines well someone else would.

Nobody should work for nothing, and nobody expects that JP should work for nothing just so you Larry can say in your mind that qualify as independent.

We all want to know what the new machine has to offer, and JP will be able to give us that info when he is allowed to, badgering him now to the point of antagonising him will do no good, and in the end we will all be the worse of if those kind of comments keep happening.

cheers dave
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  walkerminty Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Yes jealousy seems to be a common theme in this discussion. Innuendo can stick like mud, so please stop throwing it. Just do your own research,talk to people you want to and decide how you want to spend your money. I have not met JP but I do think we need to respect his opinion and experiences he draws on. You don't need to agree every time but respect can still exist. Thanks JP for your help and information you share with amateurs like me on the forum and your instructional videos. I must confess I have a bit of jealousy seeing those slugs you get compared to my 0.8g flyspeck, but seeing those nuggets does inspire me to keep having a go and I only get to go for about 3 days a year.
So forum members lets keep it friendly and helpful. JP if you need an assistant to dig the extra depth give me a yell.
Walkerminty

walkerminty
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:55 pm

yes JP, count me as a certain buyer of your next dvd explaining the atributes of this next minelab machine (7000) when and if you get to produce one.

it has been your dvd's on the 4000 4500 and 5000 that has given me the confidence to upgrade over the years, thanks again ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Members take note,

Anyone who is prepared to go out of their way,stating facts on the performance of any new detector/detecting experience like JP does,needs no justification.His wealth of knowledge/credibility concerning the metal detecting game,is without doubt. Dealer or no dealer,paid or not paid to speak,who better to give credible,factual information on the performance of any new detector,than an experienced long time operator/user such that of JP. We're lucky to have him on this forum & as he himself says,ask the questions and if and when possible,he'll answer them to the best of his ability.
Discrediting a persons credibility,through innuendo,on a public world wide forum,with or without facts,will not be tolerated.

Kon61.Management.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:32 am

larry303 wrote:That's fair enough, I'm not unreasonable...I'll take a holiday for awhile...and make it easier on the Moderators...let it all unfold for you without question...Good luck.........

I apologise unreservedly to JP,  and I trust it does not affect his positive contributions to this great Forum.....on reflection I have been asking too many questions and a holiday will clear my head......trust I will still be welcome at the next Laanecoorie Bash......Good luck.

Hi Larry
Re-reading through the posts, I came across this one..
Awesome T06

We will be at this years laanecoorie Bash, ( fingers crossed ) hopefully we shall bump into one another.
And say g'day.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 am

larry303 wrote:1.

Now you're making sense mate! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:00 am

larry303 wrote:I apologise unreservedly to JP,  and I trust it does not affect his positive contributions to this great Forum.....on reflection I have been asking too many questions and a holiday will clear my head......trust I will still be welcome at the next Laanecoorie Bash......Good luck.

I've just gone back up the thread and there's just a number 'one' there now, if Larry303 really made that post then I'm more than happy to accept his apology and move on.

I've taken a lot of hits over the years, the majority of which have been way below the belt! As I've got older and grumpier I've become less tolerant of this type of behavior, especially the faceless internet kind! Passion for the subject and willingness to share my passion can only go so far, a big part of me is now yearning to just head for the hills and disappear for a good long while (and burn off some summer weight Crying or Very sad ).

Attack the ball by all means but do not attack the man, I've just spent considerable time being the guy who 'tells it like it is' in doing my small part in getting this latest project to the point where you can all debate its merits, being accused of 'telling it not like it is' is so juxtapositioned with what I actually do.

Kinds regards
JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:31 am

At this time, there is only one question that needs to be answered. Is this gpz 7000 the replacement for the 5000, in other words is this going to be the new top dog cannon?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 am

Yes it is

""This is the high end gold machine that the speculation has been about and that you’ve been waiting for!""

http://www.goldcitydetecting.com/gpz7000.htm

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:06 am

Yep, Figured it must be ! Otherwise if this is "The Other" detector that Minelab is releasing in 2015 and this one gets a purported 40% increase in depth over a GPX5000. Boy !! Cant wait to see what depth increase the Super Duper Metal/Gold Detector will give us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:I've taken a lot of hits over the years, the majority of which have been way below the belt! As I've got older and grumpier I've become less tolerant of this type of behavior, especially the faceless internet kind! Passion for the subject and willingness to share my passion can only go so far, a big part of me is now yearning to just head for the hills and disappear for a good long while (and burn off some summer weight Crying or Very sad )

JP i've only been a part of this gold detecting game for a couple of years now, but in that short amount of time i've learned to take a very low profile due to several reasons.  The first two encounters that I had with other prospectors in the bush were aggressive to say the least (fortunately i haven't come across such lunatics since).  The other reason is because i know that more of those lunatics/idiots exist on this forum and will throw in their moronic two cents worth whenever they can. I actually took a long time to sign up because I didn't want to be a part of this crap, however I'm glad i did because people like yourself, CostasDee, Stoppsy, GullyHunter, Sharkbait, Kon61 (and others) practically held my hand until i came across my first piece of gold.

Just remind yourself that you owe the prospecting community nothing. You've already shared more than a lifetimes worth of knowledge, so anything else that you have to offer would purely be a bonus.  You don't have to respond to every rude post, or even every positive one. What's important is looking after yourself, your loved ones and living your life how you want to live it.    

Also in case you weren't aware... You might find Profile> Friends & Foes> Foe List to be quite helpful Laughing

All the best in 2015 mate cheers

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks Martin and Ash.
Wouldn't it be great if we heard this from the horse's mouth. Any doubts that this is not the new top dog, and that there might be a more powerful one just around the corner,....... will stem sales of the GPZ 7000.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:03 am

Probably not "straight from the horses mouth" but Minelab (or more Codan in their annual report) said there would be three new ones. Low cost, mid range & super gold detector:

1. Mid range
Minelab wrote:
The SDC 2300 is a high performance mid-range gold detector

2. Super Gold Detector
Minelab wrote:
GPZ7000 ALL NEW super gold detector

3. Low cost
????? TBA - appears Minelab have registered the names Go-Find20, Go-Find40 & Go-Find60. My mail is this will be the new low cost range set to replace the current xterra series? Time will tell.

To JP & co. Don't let negativity curb your enthusiasm & willingness to help. Without blokes like JP, Steve Herchbach, Nenad (Phasetech) etc. on an industry experienced scale & others like QldSandy, Aurumpro (now the Goldhound), Narrawa & many other experienced operators some discussions would be a lot worse off on here & other sites.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:13 am

mbasko wrote:Probably not "straight from the horses mouth" but Minelab (or more Codan in their annual report) said there would be three new ones. Low cost, mid range & super gold detector:

1. Mid range
Minelab wrote:
The SDC 2300 is a high performance mid-range gold detector

2. Super Gold Detector
Minelab wrote:
GPZ7000 ALL NEW super gold detector

3. Low cost
????? TBA - appears Minelab have registered the names Go-Find20, Go-Find40 & Go-Find60. My mail is this will be the new low cost range set to replace the current xterra series? Time will tell.

To JP & co. Don't let negativity curb your enthusiasm & willingness to help. Without blokes like JP, Steve Herchbach, Nenad (Phasetech) etc. on an industry experienced scale & others like QldSandy, Aurumpro (now the Goldhound), Narrawa & many other experienced operators some discussions would be a lot worse off on here & other sites.

Thanks for that mbasko.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Okay .. So getting back to the original topic - GPZ7000 - what will you do ?

I am going to keep both my 4500`s and purchase a new GPZ7000 once released, I will use some of my gold to complete this transaction and treat it as an investment so to speak !!!
My 45`s have earned there keep multiple times over and I am prepared to invest into the GPZ7000 and hopefully we will have a fruitful working relationship ... V37
I will certainly be interested in looking at any testing reviews etc when they come out ... but hey - I`ll have a crack at it anyway !!!
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Gullyhunter purely out of curiosity... Why do you have 2 of the same machine?

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:52 pm

I will
Keep my SD2200d & my SDC2300, put them to work to find me some more "Gold" on virgin ground, depending on how I go & the price of the new one I may increase my detector holding with a GPX5000 or possibly the GPZ however I think I may struggle to "Justify" the speculated price to the "Minister" for war & peace.
I may not need to upgrade as "Virgin" ground will give up "Gold" to any detector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool Cool Laughing Very Happy Laughing Cool Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:09 pm

avon g wrote:Gullyhunter purely out of curiosity... Why do you have 2 of the same machine?

If I can answer on his behalf, he has 2, one for himself and one for his better half... V28
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Haha!

Thanks Costas - got it Q27

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:19 pm

looks like the majority will make the wise decision to see how it goes first and given the rumoured price that looks like best option. I will keep the 4500 as l know its capabilities and know that it will keep on finding gold.

l am going to rush in and get a GPZ7000 if it flops it flops but l won't cry about it but as l figure it will be paid for by gold already found by this hobby. lf it only goes 10% deeper than a 4500 it will pay for itself many times over.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next