Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Information on Hill End

+12
lbg dreamer
Show Me The Gold
MS
Inhere
Tributer
chopppacalamari
spidertice
rabs
Narrawa
madmax800
nero_design
goldentim
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Current Information on Hill End - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Information on Hill End

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:38 pm

G'day patera1289 & welcome to the forum

Also as time goes by company leases may change a bit, some EL areas get dropped others get taken up, I don't know for sure. Hill End Gold company were very active a number of year back and one of there EL's covered the Tambaroora designated fosicking area, but you don't need permission to go on a designated area, other areas of EL you need the companys permission and if it's private land you also need the landholders permission.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Current Information on Hill End - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Information on Hill End

Post  Imadogman Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks to the work of NAPFA, since 31 August last year Hill End is now part of the Bathurst Regional Council's Fossicking District.

http://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2016_2016-70.pdf

This means you can fossick there without EL holder permission. So it is a moot point whether Hill End Gold has ELs there or not....you do not need their permission, or that of any other EL holder Search elsewhere on this forum there are additional posts about it.

If you are in the Bathurst Regional Council LGA, which as I said covers Hill End gold, EL holders have no right to have you ask them permission to be where you are. Be polite but know your facts.

I have heard that some fossickers have recently been improperly challenged around Hill End by EL holders within the Bathurst Fossicking District.

Remember you cannot go onto production leases or mining leases (ML) without specific company permissions.

You also still need permission on private land. Note that at this stage the Mudgee Local Government Area has yet to decide if it wants to be a Fossicking District also, but it is under active consideration. It is hoped they will so that the areas around Hargraves, and elsewhere in the Mudgee LGA, will also be exempt from this pointless regulation.

You can check EL areas, and fossicking districts, by looking at Minview or NSW Globe mapping services.

gext of Gazettal:
MINING ACT 1992
Order under section 369A
Constitution of Fossicking Districts 58 and 59
Pursuant to section 369A of the Mining Act 1992, I, Christopher Yeats, Executive Director Geological Survey of NSW in
the Department for Industry, Skills and Regional Development, as delegate of the Minister for Industry, Resources and
Energy, do, by this Order, constitute the following fossicking district:
a) all land within the Local Government Area of Walcha Council and identified by bold black outline in the map in
Schedule 1, to be named Fossicking District 58.
b) all land within the Local Government Area of Bathurst Regional Council and identified by bold black outline in
the map in Schedule 2, to be named Fossicking District 59.
This Order commences on the date on which it is published in the NSW Government Gazette.
Dated this 31st day of August 2016.
CHRISTOPHER YEATS
Executive Director Geological Survey of NSW
As delegate of the Minister for Industry, Resources and Energy

Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:19 pm

That's excellent Stephen, and it's great to see some of the hard work put in by NAPFA paying off, lets hope more council areas come through as designated fossicking districts. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  patera1289 Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Im glad things are looking up for the area since Im planning on visiting in March-April and its great to know about the rule changes

my reason for posting though was only to highlight some older BS. Ive been seeing variations of it a lot in my reading over the last few months, most of it quite discouraging until I made any attempt at fact checking

patera1289
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 am

Narrawa wrote:Now thats telling it like it really is! Tributer knows more about the place then all of us put together Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Stuff that! im off to Hargraves! & they dont even have a pub! lol!

But they do sell grog at the corner shop lol!
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Current Information on Hill End - Page 3 Empty 2 trips to hill end

Post  patera1289 Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 am

early march i was at Tambaroora where two nice young (under 30) lads from around sutherland helped me out and kept me company. yesterday I managed to return to tambaroora and met another nice lad from the toukley area who gave me some more tips and was great company again. met a few less friendly guys as well both trips but thats to be expected

both trips i found a little bit of gold by panning but definitely not enough to brag about .... of course being a total amateur i didnt put much dirt thru my pan. hopefully the guy from toukley lets me post the pic of his haul once he protests the buckets of dirt he collected for "at home"

patera1289
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

Current Information on Hill End - Page 3 Empty Bridle Track

Post  stufire_smoky Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

I'd love to know a bit about the Bridle Track if some kind sole can tell me a bit about that area. I would like to know if there are areas along the track (it's a mighty long track) that I may be a bit lucky and find some colour in some places - where are those "some" places as I'd love to detect some place new in the Hill End area?

Any other areas that may be good to sluice in are also in need as both my wife and I would love to do some sluicing if allowed in the area, where is what I'd love to know, please?

Cheers
Stuart
stufire_smoky
stufire_smoky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Current Information on Hill End - Page 3 Empty January 2020

Post  stufire_smoky Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 pm

I'll be heading out that way Check-in Date: 05-JAN-2020 - Check-out Date: 12-JAN-2020.

Will be in my camper staying at the Village Campground and out each day with my Minelab 4500 trying to find that elusive gold, more elusive than it's ever been but, there has to be some that has been missed out that way over the years.

If any of you are out this way on those dates (Summer heat doesn't effect me) please make yourself welcome, I don't bite and would love a bit of company, especially those who know how to use these damn detectors. Heck, last time out there was shown by someone who knows what they are talking about, then mucked up the settings and now can't get it back in tune again.

Cheers
Stu
stufire_smoky
stufire_smoky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3