Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End

4 posters

Go down

At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End Empty At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End

Post  skysite Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey guys
My partner and I are new to prospecting and only been looking for the gold stuff for a year
After many bum steers from certain people we decided to read a lot of books on how and where to find it.
After 2 months of solid reading we found our first pieces of gold at hill end.
We now own a sluice and with great help from madtunna we are finding more and the specs are getting bigger.
A great big thank you to madtunna over the Xmas new year break we had a great time and found nearly double the gold we found in a year.
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End Empty Re: At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 pm

G'day skysite, Good to hear that you have had some success, it makes a difference when you get some good help, advice and blokes like Tuna that are willing to help with the steep learning curve.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End Empty Re: At the hill with a mad fish - Hill End

Post  skysite Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 pm

It is goldstalker madtunna went out of his way to help us out unlike certain people who were just out to make a sale for there shop....we will now be buying all our gear at nuggets down under at mudge on his advice
Thanks again
Dave & Paula
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Hey you pair! glad to see you here!
Tah for the wrap but I was learning off you pair as much as you were from me.. some of your gear is now on my to-get list aswell.

Was also an eye opener to see the other fellow there complain about being talked into buying the exact same crap and told the same BS as you were and only finding out when putting it to use in the field. Unfortunately a similar story surfacing at HillEnd on a regular basis.

We will have to do it again, as I thoroughly enjoyed your company for the second time...plus I don't mind your music Very Happy

cheers!
Steve

p.s. I wasn't there helping you...you just had the only shady spot on the creek....didn't see me swing the pick did you

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey mate
I'll try to get my hands on the m & D marks speed pan for you I know that's one thing you liked and Paula thanks you for the the piece of gold you slipped in her pan besides that piece she picked up the biggest pieces of the weekend straight of the top of the rocks lol.......
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:00 pm

That'd be great! I'll fix you up for it ASAP!
I've never seen someone spec so many bits as Paula has the knack for before!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 am

Gday Dave and Paula glad to see you got a few more, pretty hard yakka shoveling that clay under the midday sun.
Always nice to meet good friendly people doing this hobby.
Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:47 am

hey john
we did ok by our standards was great to meet you wish you had of stuck around was a great weekend
we hope to see you up that way again shortly
Dave & paula
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane062 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Have to say I agree with you in relation to Madtuna. A few weeks ago I packed up the camper and headed out to Hill End. I went out with all the gear and no idea. The first person I ran into on the fields was Madtuna. He not only invited me to camp near his well established campsite complete with fire, but took the time out to point me in the right direction with the GPX4500. I'd been detecting for 1.5 years prior to this meeting with sub-standard gear and found nothing but rubbish. After a day with Madtuna I still found nothing Smile I did however have some clues I was missing before. Since that day I have found 3 sub-gramers with the 4500. I didn't particularly care how small they were, they sure looked good compared to 50kgs of nails and bullets I'd collected before that. Madtuna's help now means I'm confident in finding gold and also even deeper rubbish than I had the chance to find before Very Happy

Cheers, Shane

Shane062
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm

only invited you to camp near me as I'm scared of the dark Shane Very Happy
Mate it was a pleasure and I hope we can do it again soon! Congrats on finding the nuggets too...well done! The first ones are always the hardest...they'll probably come quicker and easier now

cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post  goldrocs Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 pm

HEY,dave and paula +the fish had a great couple of days at hillend,was great to meet a good bloke madtuna,a man that knows is stuff and thanks for the beers will see you guys up there soon.used your 705 to find a piece off a bulldozer today found it in 5 minutes thanks dave....
goldrocs
goldrocs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Hey Dave
Was a good weekend glad the 705 found what you wanted lol
Talk to you soon mate....might try Coles bridge over the next couple of weeks
Cheers Dave &paula
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Hey Dave...was a pleasure meeting you aswell last week Very Happy knew we'd hit it off when I saw what beer you drank!

Hopefully we can all catch up again soon.

Cheers!
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:29 pm

might try Coles bridge over the next couple of weeks
No gold there dave Wink
Regards
John
PS lets us know (by PM) when your going up ill try and wangle a visit and point you in the right direction (give me a few beers and i might even point to some gold Razz ), and were not to camp after the recent floods.
MT have you uploaded the film of the water over the bridge yet????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:30 pm

yep.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffrEdtpdP8

Back to top Go down

Post  goldrocs Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Good vid thanks steve freshwater says theres no gold in that area
will have a go anyway gold can be found in the most unusal spots :
goldrocs
goldrocs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 pm

ahhh yeah but he did the winking emoticon thing when he said it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:31 pm

It's hard to believe that so much water runs through there Guys
I'm heading up around Easter time for about 2weeks but may do a weekend before I'll let you guys know would love to catch up for a beer.
And talking about those big cats haven't seen one but the leeches up at the hill are pretty big
Talk soon guys
Dave and Paula
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down