Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found

5 posters

Go down

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found Empty Strangest looking nugget I have ever found

Post  Ren Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Found this .95 gram nugget today, I wonder what happen to the rest of it? It looks like Jaws has taken a bite out of it!

In the vicinity of this one in the last few weeks I had found a few smaller bits very smooth and flat, been thinking they are from some distance away now this one turns up so I'm a little puzzled. The source may be a little closer than I thought Suspect .

Regards Ren...

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found IMG_1628

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found Closeup

Last edited by Ren on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found Empty Re: Strangest looking nugget I have ever found

Post  kiwijw Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi Ren, Beautiful piece. The close up pic is a ripper. I am guessing that the quartz it was in has been eroded & eaten away by natural acids & chemicals over the countless years to leave the treasure that had your name on it.
Nice one.

Happy hunting

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found Empty Re: Strangest looking nugget I have ever found

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm

G'day mate,
I'm with Kiwi, the nugget is water worn so the quartz has been taken out naturally, great thing is it's not a specimen but a gold nugget.
Cheers,
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Mate a Good looking but unusual piece of gold. The only thing that I could say why it is like that is, "Boy you must have some mean Termites up your way affraid "
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Wombat wrote:Mate a Good looking but unusual piece of gold. The only thing that I could say why it is like that is, "Boy you must have some mean Termites up your way affraid "
Wombat Wink

Thanks guys Very Happy

I think your right wombat, now I know why there's no big ones left in this area, those gold eating termites beat me to it, bugger. lol!
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Strangest looking nugget I have ever found Empty Re: strangest looking nugget I have ever found

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 pm

G'day Ren I think it may have been an iron stone specie and as the others have said natural erosion of said stone... Have found similar but still had the stone in them... Congrats to you for a great find... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 am

Nice nugget, Ren !

Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Well Done great bit and just think all those years eroding downsizeing,so it could travel just to were you found it .mother nature at its best
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 am

Very nice and unique nugget, congrats
Dannyboy
Dannyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down