Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??

4 posters

Go down

$250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??  Empty $250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??

Post  hugh62 Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:38 pm

Just saw a ABC report on MSN of this big quartz specimen valued at $250,000. Half expected when i log'd on here to be fairly humming about it.... Shocked , but alas silence .... lol! But excuse my cynicism , but the first thoughts i had ,was well Easter is coming up , and Minelab was splashed around on the screen and apparently the lucky detectorist , a inexperienced one at that with a lower end of the scale detector ,a  treasure one . What's peoples take on this ...??? But if it is all true ,well GOOD LUCK to him .
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

dougy, big fella, xmas tree and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

$250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??  Empty Re: $250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??

Post  nero_design Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm

Here's the video (above).

With that much gold in the specimen, it would be hard to miss. And let's not forget that a member of this group (who left this forum due to harassment by other members) found a similar looking specimen near the Sydney goldfields (Bathurst district) back in 2012. The first of which which contained 4.2 kilos + 2 ounces pf gold. A lot of prospectors go out when the weather starts to cool down and after there's been some rain, which just happens to coincide with Autumn in Australia. This is probably why major (publicized) 'amateur' finds tend to occur around the same time of the year.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

$250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??  Empty Re: $250,000 Nugget just found in Victoria ??

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:44 pm

Thanks for the update nero.
Sad to see more than one good contributing member leaving this forum due to some form of innuendo or harassment by others in the past, but know this, those days are long gone. One either sticks to the rules governing this forum & or respects what management has asked of them to do, or it's adios amigo  Shocked  Q35   Harassment by any member to another through this forum, will not be tolerated.

Management  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

jet clean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:58 am

hugh62 wrote:Just saw a ABC report on MSN of this big quartz specimen valued at $250,000. Half expected when i log'd on here to be fairly humming about it.... Shocked , but alas silence .... lol! But excuse my cynicism , but the first thoughts i had ,was well Easter is coming up , and Minelab was splashed around on the screen and apparently the lucky detectorist , a inexperienced one at that with a lower end of the scale detector ,a  treasure one . What's peoples take on this ...??? But if it is all true ,well GOOD LUCK to him .

The EQ 800 is quite capable of  of finding a nugget of the type displayed in the vid  Wonder if they have found the reef yet? It is far from being a Lower End metal detector, as anybody who has used one will attest.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down