Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wierdest nugget I've ever found!

4 posters

Go down

wierdest nugget I've ever found! Empty wierdest nugget I've ever found!

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Too damn hot to detect during the day, so some night swinging was in order, with the days spent quadding about looking for possible new areas.
Many thanks to Dicko (choppercalemarri) for the great company, great laughs and just knowing you're nearby to rescue me should I be savaged and mollested by one of them big-arsed spiders that frequent the gaps between trees right at face hight this time of year Very Happy

Dug this 10grammer out from about 6 inches....still has some of the "host rock" embedded in one end, kept digging and didn't find the "reef" it came from Very Happy

wierdest nugget I've ever found! Nov028

Back to top Go down

wierdest nugget I've ever found! Empty Re: wierdest nugget I've ever found!

Post  Nightjar Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Steve,
That sure looks like it was man-made? Some old timer experimenting prhaps. wierdest nugget I've ever found! Icon_scratch
Very interesting.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Peter, it's someones false teeth...sorry my post was a bit cryptic

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi Madtuna
I think digging deeper in that spot might result in something along the lines of a ore body less the ore wierdest nugget I've ever found! Affraid .
Hows the fire season going over that way , heard there was a bad one in the Blue mountains.
It's very dry over in SA with heaps of snakes on the move so I have put the detector away till after summer.
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm

madtuna wrote:Peter, it's someones false teeth...sorry my post was a bit cryptic

Tuna don't ya know not to dig in the old grave yard. wierdest nugget I've ever found! Affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 pm

I got 4 buttons I wonder if they were all from the bloke who lost his teeth. Cheers Madtuna I had a great weekend thanks.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:40 pm

davsgold wrote:
madtuna wrote:Peter, it's someones false teeth...sorry my post was a bit cryptic

Tuna don't ya know not to dig in the old grave yard. wierdest nugget I've ever found! Affraid
Not the Catholic yard i hope wierdest nugget I've ever found! Fresse be up there in 3 weeks don't want no ghosts looking for their teeth eh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 pm

ha! nope nowhere near the grave yards...you're safe Freshy

MS...heaps of fires about but none where we were, though the ground fuel is a damn worry, not just because you cant get a coil on the ground.

Didn't see one snake on the weekend which was unusual, too hot for them even..a gazzilion Shanglebacks and Beardies though

Back to top Go down

wierdest nugget I've ever found! Empty lost teeth

Post  carbine pete Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm

ask me missus im always loosing me choppers thanks for finding them.Used to ride trailbikes many years ago,a mate was riding , had a full face helmet on with his visor up and hit on of those big spiders right in the face, you can imagine the laughter from us as he slid his bike to a halt and started clawing at his helmet he was ok though.
carbine pete
carbine pete
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-10-02

Back to top Go down