Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold nugget found with out a detector

Go down

gold nugget found with out a detector  Empty gold nugget found with out a detector

Post  Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:34 pm

last week me and a m8 of mine went out to heathcote to find some yellow we saw this small shaft about a meture deep i jumped down to the bottum not deep at all i started digging in the side of the wall where i could see some quartz i throwed one peace up to my m8 so he could crack it open the first peace i throwed up too him had gold in it wow i said when i came up out of the 1m hole then we got his new metal dector out the gpx5000 and dected the reef that it came from his dector went beeserk  the ground was hightly mineralised with iron and other minerals heres the nuget that we both found

gold nugget found with out a detector  P1030881_zps11639038

Last edited by gold finding on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

gold nugget found with out a detector  Empty Re: gold nugget found with out a detector

Post  Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:12 pm

You didn't think about that did you! Shocked what if that I metre jump had been onto a false floor!!!! So many of the old shafts that were filled in in the 50's and 60's were done with timbers that would have been rotten by now! I know your only young but use common sense for goodness sake !
You got away with it this time but think about it next time for your own sake and those people who would have to go and rescue or remove your body to say nothing of the grief you family would endure ! Shocked

Back to top Go down

gold nugget found with out a detector  Empty Re: gold nugget found with out a detector

Post  Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Ark wrote:You didn't think about that did you! Shocked what if that I metre jump had been onto a false floor!!!! So many of the old shafts that were filled in in the 50's and 60's were done with timbers that would have been rotten by now! I know your only young but use common sense for goodness sake !
You got away with it this time but think about it next time for your own sake and those people who would have to go and rescue or remove your body to say nothing of the grief you family would endure ! Shocked

yeah m8 I did throw a massive rock down there before I went down also have been going down mines since the age of 12 so I know what you are saying about the false floor because when I was 15teen I fell throw one that only had leaves covering rotten wood on the top of a hill and the only thing I could grab onto was a tree growing next to the hole Shocked but ill tell ya what if that tree wasn't there I would not be here right now talking to you and I have been in other mines too and yes you can say I am dumb and young but that wont stop me from exploring what the old timers did back then for a bit of gold don't panic that much because I now do all my safety checks before entering any mine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Good to hear young fella ! So please post the safety precautions you take as you write your posts so as any others who read them will be informed as what is the right way to go about things! cheers

Back to top Go down