Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Is Where You Find It.

+9
Acrux93
xenon
The Modern Day Prospector
Flakmagnet
TRINITYAU
detectoraid
nero_design
piston broke
maka
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gold Is Where You Find It. - Page 2 Empty Post re Xenon in the US

Post  forester01 Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:46 pm

[quote="xenon"]I too have spent a fair amount of time in the US and found good and bad there. They seem to behave alot better in their own country than what they do when overseas. I have many good US friends, as I do of other nations

G'day Xnon and members,

I spent a month or two in California (Mission Viejo) a couple of years ago and found the average American to be the nearest bloke possible to the Australian you'd meet in the coner pub. To me this showed the same easy going attitude to life, their rejection of pomposity and (believe it or not, their affection toward Australia provided they knew where Australia was on the world globe). Regarding the latter comment, how many blokes do you meet in a bar these days in Oz would have a bloody clue on what side - east or west - was situated the state of California? This comes down to nothing more (at least here in Oz to what pases as a high school education). Anyway I loved America and wish that I'd ignored good and no doubt well meaning advice to avoid travelling amtrac across the country to New York before travelling back. The rail trip, stopping at any bloody place I wanted to would have been great. No matter, next rime, I'll know. I loved the holiday and, following a side trip of three weeks to Lake Chapala in Mexico to visit yet another ex military mate who'd traded pension for comparable riches, I returned to Oz having known a lot of very entertaining and funny Americans who were very like us Australians.

And yes, I'd certainly agree with an earlier post (sorry can't go back now and check the author) but we certainly owe a lot of our early gold mining techniques - alluvaial and hard rock - to the Americans who came to our shores to chase the elusive yellow. On the other hand, our 'Sydney Ducks' didn't do the reputation of our new country any good at all with their exploits in San Francicsco.

Regards

Forestor 01

forester01
forester01
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Gold Is Where You Find It. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gold Is Where You Find It.

Post  kon61 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Yes,I agree. Gold is always where you find it. Problem is, I'm never where I should be to find it. Laughing What a Face

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Gold Is Where You Find It. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gold Is Where You Find It.

Post  Rangirocks Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:45 am

Have to agree that somehow america rounds up the loudest and send them overseas on tour groups

Having lived in USA i would say that out og big cities you could not find better people

Am seen a lot of Aussies overseas im not proud to be associated with

Rangirocks
Rangirocks
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2