Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s

3 posters

Go down

gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s Empty gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s

Post  hoolahoopa Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Gday all, just wondering if anyone out there has heard of or had problems with using the old nugget finder sl monos (the white ones) with the gpx 5000. was told yesterday that the larger coils 16 inch and above after a while in use would start to make the detector totally unstable and you would have to turn the machine off and wait a while before starting it up again. it apparently had something to do with one less coil winding then the new advantage model.
just curious as i have used both 16 and 20 inch rounds with no problems, and was told this when i was thinking of upgrading to the later advantage coils.
was it a ploy to try and get a sale?
cheers hoolahoopa

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s Empty Re: gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s

Post  TheGoldenChild Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi hoolahoopa

"was told yesterday that the larger coils 16 inch and above after a while in use would start to make the detector totally unstable and you would have to turn the machine off and wait a while before starting it up again"
Sounds exactly what happened last year to us, funny thing is we were both using hired 5000's with 16" S/L Nuggetfinder coils with identical settings, mine behaved perfect all day while my mates played up all day as described above.
When we returned the machines the guy there couldn't tell us why this happened and upon checking the machine it worked fine for him. The only thing I could tell by serial numbers was my machine was almost brand new while my mates was one of the early ones.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s Empty Re: gpx 5000 nugget finder sl problem/s

Post  keogh Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Hello, l had the same problem with the 16 inch SP on the 5000.I have the latest 16 inch Advantage coil on 5000 and it runs all right,nugget finder 16 inch DD would not run on 5000 either.Minelab are not very helpful ,as they say after market coils, are the manufacturers problem as to compatability.Regards keogh

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:59 am

Gday

I was told that the Nuggetfinder 16" SL mono coils will not work properly on the 5000 due to there being an extra winding of wire in it, its because of that they are unstable, I cant tell you for sure if the 20" sl mono is the same but if you have tried one and its unstable too then I guess that would be for the same reason.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down