Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14/7 nugget finder

3 posters

Go down

14/7 nugget finder Empty 14/7 nugget finder

Post  lbg dreamer Tue May 22, 2012 9:58 pm

i puchased a 14/7 nugget finder mono yesterday ,
i usually use my 10/5 joey and if i find gold ill get out the big guns . as i like to clean up the rubbish first.
well i reckon this is now my favorite all round coil . i took it for a run for 5 hrs today , it was very sensitive and dug some fairly deep targets also, and scored a 1.71 grammer ill be using this coil as my main coil now unless bigger are needed Very Happy good ground coverage ,
i had my 45 ramped up and couldnt fault this coil. and it needed very little ground balancing in variable ground conditions although i often ground balance just in case
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

14/7 nugget finder Empty Re: 14/7 nugget finder

Post  Goldbait Fri May 25, 2012 10:14 am

the coil is a 14x9 i think.

awesome coil. i used this for 2 weeks in WA. smallest bit i found was 0.099g. found a nice 4g target at 10 inches that produced a clear low-high tone.
also got a 1g in caprock at 12 inches.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi goldbait
Might be 9 instead of 7
But I like it and hope I pull some bigger bits down deeper with it.
But I've been finding smaller targets with it than my joe
But I've only had a few hrs with it so far and I'm impressed Very Happy
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi lbg dreamer , the 14x7 you speak of is a smooth solid coil , i used this particular coil also for a long time & it is an absolute weapon ... great choice of coil . There is also a 14x9 , this comes as a solid & also a spoked version ,,, easy to tell the difference between the two solid versions - 14x7 has a smooth finish on top - 14x9 even as a solid you can quite easily see the 3 spokes on top .
Regards
Gully Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Sat May 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Gully Hunter wrote:Hi lbg dreamer , the 14x7 you speak of is a smooth solid coil , i used this particular coil also for a long time & it is an absolute weapon ... great choice of coil . There is also a 14x9 , this comes as a solid & also a spoked version ,,, easy to tell the difference between the two solid versions - 14x7 has a smooth finish on top - 14x9 even as a solid you can quite easily see the 3 spokes on top .
Regards
Gully Hunter

Hi gully hunter the coil I have purchased is the smooth finish one , and I reckon it's a beut coil ,
Can't wait to give it some more of a work out ,
and it is sensitive plus goes fairly deep and is real easy to ground balance and holds its balance for ages even over variable ground
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Gully Hunter wrote:Hi lbg dreamer , the 14x7 you speak of is a smooth solid coil , i used this particular coil also for a long time & it is an absolute weapon ... great choice of coil . There is also a 14x9 , this comes as a solid & also a spoked version ,,, easy to tell the difference between the two solid versions - 14x7 has a smooth finish on top - 14x9 even as a solid you can quite easily see the 3 spokes on top .
Regards
Gully Hunter

Hello Gully Hunter, which are the differences between the two coils, because I use a 14 "x9" and find it fantastic for both small and medium-sized nuggets, 14 "x7" has more sensitivity, more depth, or less sensitive to ground mineralization? Question
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down