Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

garrett AT pro and Ace 350

4 posters

Go down

garrett AT pro and Ace 350 Empty garrett AT pro and Ace 350

Post  Rov Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:29 am

Anybody,here in Oz purchased one of these unit Yet?
ace 350 with new blunt nose coil an better iron reject and ground mineralisation capable.?
or the new semi waterproof /resistant AT pro detector.
I know they still vlf.but they must be very easy set up n operate as per an Ace 250 that several still use ? and are $$ cheaper than then some other USA brandnames in vlf units?at a budget.USA sellers seam to be pushing these units hard? eg.Kellycos an other?
Rov
Rov
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

garrett AT pro and Ace 350 Empty Re: garrett AT pro and Ace 350

Post  kon61 Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 am

G'day Rov.

The Garret Ace 350 is an overall improvement over the 250.It is slightly more sensitive to smaller targets at depth due to the higher 8.25khz frequency,and has better iron discrimination capabilities,thanks to the more refined iron discriminator.Overall depth on the larger targets,is pretty much the same as that of the 250.The new DD coil design is not only more sensitive on all targets in general but also has better target/tone separation and is a lot lighter in weight as compared to that of the 250.For a coin detector,(although not really designed for gold prospecting) it runs reasonably quiet on hot ground out in the gold fields and will pick up a gold nugget (1gm and above at reasonable depth).Keeping in mind that it has no manual ground balance and is more of a switch on and go detector,it still remains a good overall coin detector for Parks/Beaches,and you cant really go wrong with the price.

Cheers kon61.

Cheers kon61.

kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 pm

G'day Gents.

Thumbs up to the Garret A/T Pro. This VLF all Terrain is superb and is up there with the best of them.
Excellent all round coin/target Iron discrimination and depth capabilities on coins,even when going from dry to wet sand and into the water,the machine remains very stable.Id need to wright up a couple of pages if I were to go into detail and explain what each of its modes is capable of,but Id prefer to keep this input as simple as.On the gold fields of Kingower,in very hot ground,the standard machine/coil combination,managed to pick up a 0.5 gram nugget at approx 2 inches depth and a 1 gram nugget at approx 4/5 inches depth.As compared to my Gold bug 2 and Gold bug 19.2Khz limited edition,(both of which struggled to handle the hot ground conditions not alone pick up targets)the A/T Pro cruised smoothly and quietly,just off scraping the ground.I know this might sound like fairly below par depths,on gold targets of that size,compared to pulse machines,but its sure leaves many top notch VLF gold detectors behind,as far as working on hot ground goes.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

garrett AT pro and Ace 350 Empty ace 350

Post  jackhunter Fri May 27, 2011 6:47 pm

i got my ace 350 this week, monday, after 3 and a bit week wait for delivery from usa, but got it $200 cheaper from usa than if i brought it in perth.
anyway i have had 9 months of study, reading books, yes books not google. i been researching the 100's of now abandoned towns, churches and schools within 50 km or so of my home town on the edge of wheatfield/goldfields in west australia, ok enough pre amble.
the ace 350 this week been brillant in my soil which is heavy clay and sometimes when i blessed i find sand areas, is supposed to be heavy to high mineral area, yet the ace 350 is working fine. using jewellery mode and even with sensitivity set to 3/4 it is still finding matchbox cars at 12 inches and coins at 5 inches. at full sensitivity i can find coins as small as a 1 cent piece and as large as a penny which is large at 12 inches. only reason i have turned down sensitivity is the soil is hard like concrete after about 3 inches due to only 3 inches of rain fall last week and then no rain for 10 months before that. i will crank up to full sensitivity at end of winter when soil a bit easier to dig. my main focus is merredin peak ww2 hospital, as its only 2 minutes drive from my house and has enough relics to start my own museum, so far 4 coins found in 3 trips to it this week. i am now a member of a mineral club in coolgardie which gives me access to gold mine prospecting areas. will try next thursday or friday a few old mines around southern cross and see how it handles gold fields. also will try a salt lake this weekend. i did try it in sand on wednesday, my god i need a bobcat to find stuff, found only bottle tops and pull tabs but some down 20 inches at full sensitivity which was in wet sand, so i had to tune it down to a 1/3 sensitivity and still it hitting down 10 inches. am finding it nice and light to handle, really easy to just wander around the bush for hours without getting a tired arm. for first detector can highly recommend ace 350 to anyone living in country w.a. now all i need is for it to find me some gold or at least gold rings, have used my wifes wedding rings and they came up in two spots on the detector, exactly where garrett manual said they would show up. my next plan to purchase is up to how many gold rings i can find, either a atp pro which i really like or a infinium which i like just as much, so am aiming to own a ace 350, atp pro and a infinium

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

garrett AT pro and Ace 350 Empty my ace 350 from

Post  jackhunter Fri May 27, 2011 6:52 pm

i got my ace 350 for $297 us and from www.texaspremiumdetectors.com
he very easy to deal with and only hiccup was australia post, took 3 days to go from texas to chicago to melbourne, took 16 days from melbourne to perth to merredin. aussie post said 10 days stuck in cutoms and 6 days on a truck. what ever happenend to the aussie post being able to deliver in 3 days from east to west coast? but the shop in perth wanted $497 for a ace 350, so i was prepared to wait 3 weeks for a saving of over $200 after currency conversion. plus i got some freebies from texas and that was not offered in perth

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm

jackhunter wrote:i got my ace 350 for $297 us and from www.texaspremiumdetectors.com
he very easy to deal with and only hiccup was australia post, took 3 days to go from texas to chicago to melbourne, took 16 days from melbourne to perth to merredin. aussie post said 10 days stuck in cutoms and 6 days on a truck. what ever happenend to the aussie post being able to deliver in 3 days from east to west coast? but the shop in perth wanted $497 for a ace 350, so i was prepared to wait 3 weeks for a saving of over $200 after currency conversion. plus i got some freebies from texas and that was not offered in perth

Hey Jackhunter. I dont think this service has NOT existed for a very long time. I have ordered stuff from the UK and NSW on the very same evening using ebay, and I have had the stuff from the UK arrive before it has from NSW. The postal service in Aus is becaoming a joke.

As for ordering your detector from the US and getting it $200 cheaper with extras thrown in for good measure.......Good on you, and I dont blame you doing this. The discussion of why detectors are cheaper to pull in from overseas rather than buy here has been debated here on many occasions and whether this is due to tax (that the oz government seems to love) or just greedy retailers I am not able to answer. But, either way mate you no doubt have a big smile on your face and why not. Happy hunting.

I asctually heard on the radio this morning that ebay/internet sales have increased 44% this year over last year. Geez, you can even order your groceries online nowadays and get them delivered. The age of technology eh.
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down