Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARRETT ACE 350

3 posters

Go down

GARRETT ACE 350 Empty GARRETT ACE 350

Post  bigtony Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:43 pm

[b]Hey guys as a first detector i was wondering if the ace 350 is good enough just
to start with. Ive read the forum replies and it seems that the general word is
YES. Its just that i would love a good minelab but the funds just wont allow
that yet. cheers Smile

bigtony
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

GARRETT ACE 350 Empty Re: GARRETT ACE 350

Post  nero_design Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:28 am

The Ace 350 isn't designed for Australian goldfields but it would be a great detector for the beach.

The X-Terra 705 'Gold' would be your best bet for an entry level detector designed to find gold. The 705 Gold comes with a higher frequency coil that operates at 18.75khz which is going to be better for finding gold than the 8.25khz coil on the Ace 350. I'm pretty sure the 705 is still subject to Minelab's last special and is currently selling for $950.

Most gold is found in highly mineralized ground. It's rarely just sitting on the surface where an Ace 350 has a chance to find it. In order to penetrate such soils, you'll need a detector built to accomplish this. You don't need to buy the top of the line models if your budget won't allow it - but you do want to use a detector that can handle the environment that you intend to detect in.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

GARRETT ACE 350 Empty Re: GARRETT ACE 350

Post  ivanll Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:24 am

Looking at the picture on the back page of AGG&T June 2011 one could be lead to believe.

But as "toilet mouth 303" says, a picture is of Question Question proof Exclamation

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down