Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coin Detector

2 posters

Go down

Coin Detector Empty Coin Detector

Post  olddog 30th July 2013, 4:37 pm

Ok here we go, help please

Q1. Being on a pension money is very tight, I just can't come to grips with the high prices asked for detectors here as against the USA $300 difference on base machine then the USA dealer gives you some goodies to go with your purchase and ships it for free to Aus, I would like to purchase from an Aus dealer BUT I just can't afford it, if I was in the work force maybe but dollars don't stretch that far.

Q2. Looking at 2 machines the X-Terra 705 or 505 at a stretch and the Garrett AT Pro I am only doing coins, the more I look at the Garrett the better it seems, water proof and all for less money, has anybody used or owned both machines, please keep in mind the use is coins only, any advice will be welcome as this is my first detector in years ( I did have an old Garrett many years back )
Please lay it on the line, I am ready to take good advice..............Thanks Pete
olddog
olddog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Coin Detector Empty Re: Coin Detector

Post  slimpickens 3rd August 2013, 12:41 pm

Hello olddog, if it's just a coin machine your after, buy a Fisher F2, or F4 or a Garrett 250 off Ebay. You won't need the more expensive detectors. Cheers Harry
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Coin Detector Empty Garrett AT PRO

Post  olddog 7th August 2013, 11:19 pm

Hi, Sold a bit of surplus stuff to fund the detector purchase, rang all the detector shops I could find to get a price ( deal ) on an AT PRO
all about the same pricing plus or minus postage etc. Reading the Gold Gem Treasure Mag and came upon an add by Coffs Outdoor World
( motackle ) with a good price on the AT Pro so rang them and we did a great deal on the Garrett AT Pro and a Pro Pointer plus a few goodies to go with the deal, could not even go close anywhere else, so this stopped me buying from the USA. As for the choice of detector ML705 v Garrett AT Pro hell of a lot of people using the AT in dirty conditions heat water etc in Qland if they will take it in Far North Qland they have got to be good plus water proof and having very easy leaning curve it seemed the best choice for what I wanted as a startup machine...........Pete
olddog
olddog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down