Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech

+17
kon61
harrysheroes
Jigalong
Driller
Rov
hotrockgarry
Alan WA
kevlorraine2
Beer Beeper
jmp333
spidertice
nero_design
chopppacalamari
Acan
Undertaker
granite2
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech Empty New coil on the market - Nugget Tech

Post  granite2 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 pm

I see The Prospectors Patch are now selling a coil called Nugget Tech. One problem I can see is they are using the Coiltek Logo when it isn't a coiltek coil. I think someone called pennyweight might be behind this and if he is Jamie Line better take out insurance on burnt fingers. Anyone who has had anything to do with that crook (PW)has had their fingers burned.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech Empty Re: New coil on the market - Nugget Tech

Post  newbie Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm

i spoke to someone down there yesterday and was told bout the coil you just mentioned. dont know much about it myself so cant say too much ha

Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech Empty Re: New coil on the market - Nugget Tech

Post  Undertaker Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi,

I spoke to PP yesterday and they told me that they were definitely better but couldn't explain why. They'll know more about them soon. Looks as though many people want a piece of the coil action so far 5 manufacturers soon to be 6 when Woody get off his --s.
This can only mean cheaper and better coils for us. All we need now is some competition in the detector department. Hopefully the QED will come on the market in the next year or so.

cheers
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech Empty Re New Coil.

Post  Acan Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi all, I received these details today via a email.

Are they any good? They sat they are, anyone had any experience with this compnay .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Fellow Prospector,

Technological advances in search coil design have fallen behind the development of Metal Detector technology in recent years. Whilst most of the current breed of coils
are adequate and do work in combination with their intended detector, Nugget Tech, a technology company based in Western Australia have designed and developed a
series of Coils that simply have no Peer.

Running Quieter, Smoother and Deeper than anything in the market today you’ll discover more gold more often and with less effort. With this new range of coils you’ll
spot targets with relative ease.

Noise reduction methods assists in greater signal attenuation which brings more targets to your immediate attention.

Nugget Tech have raised the bar significantly in one fell swoop and we challenge you to find a better series of coils to do as good a job. A brand new concept in coil
technology. Designed and developed in Western Australia to beat and tame the harshest terrain on the planet.

Superior Coils for Superior Results

Nugget Tech ™️ are a Western Australian based Technology company who’s mission is continual research and development of search coil technology. Coil technology
and development has simply fallen behind that of pure detector science, relying largely on the detectors capacity and performance to spot the targets. The coil is a
significant part of the detection process, yet why has this important piece of the puzzle been left foundering?

We’ve changed that ethic dramatically by producing search coils that help unleash the real power and potential behind metal sensing technology. Our coils are designed
to be used with all currently available metal detectors and will improve their performance dramatically. The proof of the pudding is always in the eating.
Our coils are manufactured to higher tolerances and use better materials meaning they don’t need to be replaced as often and will provide superior performance throughout
the life of the coil.

Deeper performance, greater immunity from interference and a versatile range means greater rewards for time spent Prospecting.

The initial set of four new coils forms the basis of the GOLD Magnet range with more to follow. They’re an Australian designed and built coil so we’d thought we’d name
them after some of our most famous pastime and animals.

The Walkabout

The largest of the current crop a mono coil measuring 24 inches round
Weight 1300gm
Retails For $645 AUD

The Wedgetail

An elliptical Mono coil measuring 24” x 14”
Weight 900gm
Retails For $485 AUD

The Dingo

An elliptical mono coil measuring 18” x 12”
Weight 760gm
Retails for $450 AUD

The Quenda

A mono elliptical coil measuring 15” x 12”.
Weight 625gm
Retails For $405 AUD

The emphasis in building and developing this range of Nugget Tech coils has been on sourcing the best possible materials, expertise, and achieving precise tuning in order
that you the user will achieve the best possible results.

They are the proud result of years of combined knowledge and know how by several of the best minds in the industry, on how to penetrate some of the harshest and most
difficult gold bearing terrain on the Western Australian goldfields.

These coils will be on the market during December 2010 and the initial batch will vaporise fast. To ensure your priority order just reply to this email with your delivery address
details etc. and we’ll be in touch.

Many thanks for showing interest in these great new coils.

Warmest Regards
The Prospectors Patch Team
Tel 08 9250 8998

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acan jocolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Undertaker wrote:Hi,

Hopefully the QED will come on the market in the next year or so.
cheers

ahhhaha! a one liner worthy of Rodney Rude or Kevin Bloody Wilson!! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Madtuna,

Great oneliner :

I like the sales line - " Running Quieter, Smoother and Deeper"

Sounds like me...........but I do make the occasional noise also.

Acan jocolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Tuna,

I've read that line a few times now but I can't see anything funny about it. I'm glad i made you laugh, I've never considered myself a comedian before.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm

The rhetoric in that lot from PP sounds very much like PW. I'd really like to know if it is him behind those coils.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi everyone,

No seriously I did hear the QED will be released in the next 10 years or so.
I can't wait.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Someone at Coiltek and/or Nugget Finder could easily challenge the "Nugget Tech" name due to similarity of title within the same product range. Without knowing ANYTHING about the new coils, I would have to say that choosing both existing coil manufacturer's names as a basis for another brand is like calling your new Soft Drink: "Coca Pepsi". Not a good start imo.

They'll have to be outstanding to break into the scene. Let's see what happens.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 am

Gday

All the other manufacturers have been around for some time now and it will take some doing to produce a better product than they are, also they have worked through all the issues over the years such as what type of wire to use and also what plastics are better than others etc.

Time will tell with these new coils, and I dont have an issue with a new manufacturer on the scene as they might have really come up with something that is superior to what we get now who knows, once there are a few dozen out in the field we will start to get some feedback on them.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:04 am

granite2 wrote:I see The Prospectors Patch are now selling a coil called Nugget Tech. One problem I can see is they are using the Coiltek Logo when it isn't a coiltek coil. I think someone called pennyweight might be behind this and if he is Jamie Line better take out insurance on burnt fingers. Anyone who has had anything to do with that crook (PW)has had their fingers burned.

That image is also used by the Prospector's Patch. Trevor doesn't have a problem with them using it.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 am

It is my understanding that John Gladdis of the Coiltek Gold Centre, a business now seperate from Coiltek Manufacturing, owns the logo and allows PP to use it but I doubt he would allow a new competitor to use it. We shall have to see how it all pans out. And I reiterate, if PW is involved the coils won't be much good and he will scam someone, that bloke can't lay straight in bed.

granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  spidertice Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:12 am

Hi, from what ive been told these are not new coils, ,, well they are,, but they were around years ago and the logo is theirs originaly and they have always been dear, but were a good coil, ask some of the blokes that have been detecting for ages.
cheersnbeers
spidertice
spidertice
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech Empty Nugget Tech

Post  jmp333 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:15 am

If you do a google search for ABN for businesses you will come up with the Government site and a Nugget Technologies being a registered company by a Simon Richards of postcode 3178 which is Rowville, Victoria and has been registered since October 2003.
Slight chance it could be him otherwise I can see a law suit coming up for using same business name?
John

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:23 am

(cough...) Why would anyone want to buy something that is going to vaporise ?

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

spidertice wrote:
Hi, from what ive been told these are not new coils, ,, well they are,, but they were around years ago and the logo is theirs originaly and they have always been dear, but were a good coil, ask some of the blokes that have been detecting for ages.
cheersnbeers

Thanks, I have heard about an expensive coil for Minelabs PI's in the past, this may be it. Anyone have any more information?

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Going to be interesting with at least 4 companies using the same logo Shocked It doesn't take much to confuse me now and seems like it could get worse. Embarassed

As for another company making an expensive coil for Minelab machines, I have been detecting all over Australia since 1979 and I haven't heard of them.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm

did you all catch the weight of these coils? too bloody heavy, i for one wouldnt be able to handle them ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 pm

could someone be a gent and post a link? I've been all over PP's website and be buggered if I can find them.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 pm

madtuna, if you want to send me your email address I can post the email link. Private message also will do Acan jocolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:50 pm

thanks acan!!! but just recieved an email and phone call from Spidertice so now have it...many thanks to both of you

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:51 am

Jim,

I'll be over at Gladdis' tomorrow so I'll ask him if he owns it.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:24 am

Hey guys,

Hehehe, whats so secretive about a link to a new brand of coil?
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 am

Bob Collins of Exmouth used to make good coils until the 2000 came out and
killed his business.
Maybe its him.

Alan
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

New coil on the market - Nugget Tech Empty The Pitch

Post  hotrockgarry Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Whoever makes them will come out in the wash , the sales pitch is excellent if he hasn't cut and pasted he has plenty of advertising creativity to make me think backed by plenty of cash . maybe just an old name rehashed

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Jim,

Whoops...make that Monday for Mr. Glad-a*se. Razz

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Rov Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi,Nothing to do with any Pulsemate detector or coil stuff,be assured! but interesting ,never the less.Whats the Link?
dont see anything straight up on the P.P. web.
Rov
Rov
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Undertaker wrote:Hey guys,

Hehehe, whats so secretive about a link to a new brand of coil?
nothing secretive at all..just it wasn't a link, not on thier website. It was in thier newsletter email.
cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 pm

No worries Tuna,
For i while there i thought you were rushing in to PP's to buy them all. Hehe.
Does anybody know what these new coils look like? Not even one picture anywhere. The one attached to the GPX5000 is just a doctored 11" minelab.
cheers
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next