Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting in philippines

3 posters

Go down

Detecting in philippines Empty Detecting in philippines

Post  hapalogh Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:52 pm

Went to Philippines last year with my old modded sd 2000 detector and left it their for a friend to use , Went to a farm and had a swing ,but found it was not a mineralised area,as people i knew would not take me to the gold bearing field because it can be very dangerous place,can be abducted for ransom or even be killed.
Hopefully the friend of mine can find some Japanese gold bars on the farm.
I have heard that some people went detecting as their is plenty of gold to be found but they took guards with guns to find the stuff.
So just be carefull if anyone is planning these type of trips.

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Detecting in philippines Empty Re: Detecting in philippines

Post  adrian ss Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:38 pm

My wife has told me about gold mining in the Philippines and yes the risks are great if you are a lone fossicker swinging a metal detector.
This vid will show how much different the small mining is compared to what used to take place here in Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3toaiSeG4A8
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:59 pm

Hi Adrian Yes i have seen this video on youtube its terrible what they put these kids through.
I heard the gold in the philippines is about 75 %pure but would be still great to find.

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:50 am

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/philippines/gold-reserves

The Philippine gold mines are traditionally controlled by local oligarchs. Mining operations are guaranteed by laws crafted in Manila. In this so-called trillion-dollar industry, the main beneficiaries are the mining firms and about 200,000 people working for them. The rest of the Pines get bugger all benefit.

Bit more info here.
https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/philippines/gold-in-the-philippines-how-much-is-it-really-worth-1.1552204923140
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Detecting in philippines Empty detecting in the Philippines

Post  jet clean Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:50 pm

hapalogh wrote: Went to Philippines last year with my old  modded sd 2000 detector and left it their for a friend to use , Went to a farm and had a swing ,but found it was not a mineralised area,as people i knew would not take me to the gold bearing field because it can be very dangerous place,can be abducted for ransom or even be killed.
Hopefully the friend of mine can find some Japanese gold bars on the farm.
I have heard that some people went detecting as their is plenty of gold to be found but they took guards with guns to find the stuff.
So just be carefull if anyone is planning these type of trips.

i tried detecting over in the pines with a garret which i still have over their ,only found aluminum satchels from coffee and shampoo what they sell in those little sari sari  shops along with a few php coins . i think the gold is very fine in their fields and contaminated with mercury .

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:23 am

This from a quick Google search:

Gold in Philippines exist as placer and lode deposits, which attracts all mines of all different sizes. From large hard rock mines that take years to develop all the way down to individual miners who pan through fine silt in the rivers to recover tiny specks of gold.

The potential of gold mining in Philippines cannot be over emphasized, as it can be noted from a number of companies running the operations of gold mining in various locations. Such companies include Apex Mining, Benguet Mine, Medusa Mining, Metal Exploration, Oceana Gold, Philex Mining, and St. Augustine Gold and Copper among other companies. From the overwhelming number of players involved in gold mining in the area, it is easy to see the interest and potential that miners see in these fertile grounds.

Among the locations well-known for gold mining in Philippines include the Province of Benguet, which hosts the Acupan gold project whose operations started way back in 1927. The Province is known to have produced about 5.54 million ounces of gold through the Acupan project, while still counting on the potential reserve of about 113 million tons.

Philippines also has gold deposits on the island of Luzon. The island is known to have produced gold up to 11,236 ounces, and holds about 900,000 ounces of gold in its reserves.

Gold prospecting activities are also widely spread in Camarines Norte and Masbate Provinces. Gold mining activities such as gold panning is reported to be undertaken even by children, which has been well-documented in several videos over the past few years. While the poverty of these places forces people to risk their lives in search of gold, it is also one of the few ways for them to earn money.

The wide spread of gold in Philippines is recorded to occur in sand and clay areas, where fine gold is extracted in a mining town called Paracale in the Southern part of Manila.

locations known to have good records with regard to gold nuggets include Hinobaan town, where gold nuggets were discovered in its river, and that led to many prospectors coming to the area with miners arriving from neighboring Indonesia and Malaysia.

Various placer and lode deposits can be found in about 73 Provinces of the Philippines. As a result, some estimates place the Philippines in the 2nd global position regarding untapped gold reserves. The country is only the 21st largest producer, indicating that there is a great potential for the country. More efforts directed on these rich gold reserves will surely change the country for the better, assuming that growth is done ethically and responsibly.

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down