Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new member introducing herself - canberra

+2
deutran
megan2015Canberra
6 posters

Go down

new member introducing herself - canberra Empty new member introducing herself - canberra

Post  megan2015Canberra Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Heeeey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my introduction topic.

My name is Megan and im 30 years old. I live in canberra Twisted Evil and have just found out a prospector store from my hometown of batemans bay nsw has expanded and moved closer to me. fyshwick ACT

I am getting excited and nervous about the possibility of my first prospecting mission being just around the corner Arrow july/august will look at purchasing my first detector.

Ive been doing some research bounce of areas I find appealing however unfortunetly last night I found an awesome website that gives a VERY detailed map of any area you are seeking with mines, they are everywhere. As i am a new member I am not allowed to post a link but for now google Bonzle.

None of my friends share my new passion for my new hobby, am seeking as many prospecting peeps to share adventures with so please send a shout out by replying to my post etc.

I am not seeking fortune through this hobby.cat I am aware of the possibilty of many ventures resulting in a dissatisfied mood and I hope I can be strong enough to fight my depressing demons and find the love for nature and being outdoors again and to keep going, not to think, just relax and have fun.

My ideal adventure is to look at old maps of areas from canberra - batemans bay nsw and approach farmers whose property has interesting history. I love love love old buildings and i would get a thrill of informing them the history of their land and ask if i could snoop around with my soon to be extravagent metal detector and hopefully dig up....a fork from 1800's, geesh wouldnt that be awseome!!! Idea

My budget for my new hobby is $4000. Maybe a few more models will be released by july/august when I am ready for my own model, all feedback about all models is well appreciated please.

I look forward to hearing all your experiences, concerns, and more importantly honest opinions, dont hold back

new member introducing herself - canberra Braidw11
new member introducing herself - canberra Mines_11

Last edited by megan2015Canberra on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add more things again)

megan2015Canberra
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

new member introducing herself - canberra Empty Re: new member introducing herself - canberra

Post  deutran Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi Megan
Welcome to the forum.There is a wealth of info here just type your search in and see what comes up.There are many prospectors in your area hope you find someone to share your passion.
Let us know your budget and we can suggest some detectors suitable for you.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

new member introducing herself - canberra Empty Re: new member introducing herself - canberra

Post  Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi Megan and welcome to the forum.

Lot of members from all states and few close to you.

I can feel your excitement in your post. You have picked a great hobby and its not all about gold.

Send   a pm to goldminer997 and i am sure he will help you with few things.

He is in Canberra and he does day trainings as well.

Do you have a detector?

Good luck and dig everything.
Any question just ask Smile

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi Megan
Welcome on board..
   T23

I don't live over in your part of the world.. But I am sure there are members here that do..

Yes, we all have to be careful when prospecting in the bush, it's always best to be with someone else..
Or let someone know where you will be.

What type of metal detector are you getting???
It is great fun uncovering something that has been laying in the ground for ages..
 Just don't know what treasure you can find

Yes .. As you can see... I love using the emoticons Laughing 
They are Q27

Back to top Go down

Post  megan2015Canberra Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 pm

golden wrote:Hi Megan and welcome to the forum.

Lot of members from all states and few close to you.

I can feel your excitement in your post. You have picked a great hobby and its not all about gold.

Send   a pm to goldminer997 and i am sure he will help you with few things.

He is in Canberra and he does day trainings as well.

Do you have a detector?

Good luck and dig everything.
Any question just ask Smile

GoldEN

Hi Golden, i will pm him soon. no i dont have a detector, so many to choose from Neutral
im considering hiring one, once i find a fellow prospector and head out. I love you

megan2015Canberra
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:14 am

Hi Megan and Q31 to the forum.

You mentioned that there are so many detectors to choose from but a lot of that depends on your budget and what type of detecting you'd like to do. You've mentioned relics so my suggestion would be to chat to local members (goldminer997 was mentioned) and maybe even join a local prospecting club.

Good luck out there and hope to hear stories of your successes soon. Q17
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

new member introducing herself - canberra Empty detecting

Post  fabphil Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:32 pm

gday megan welcome to the forum im thinking of hitting ophir in may your welcome to tag along if you want ive a gp3000 you can do the cooking just joking message if interested cheers Smile

fabphil
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi Megan
Welcome to one of the better forums around.
There are a lot of detectorists in Canberra - gold and coin/relic hunters. Once you get your detector do feel free to ask question after question. Research is central to a lot of detecting so keep an eye out for possibilities.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Welcome to the forum, Megan.  I detect in some state forests when visiting my folks in Moruya NSW.  Here is a link to the Forestry Corporation of NSW.  If you scroll down a bit there is links to maps that can be downloaded.

http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visiting/activities/fossicking

Cheers cheers
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  megan2015Canberra Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:10 am

AnnieL wrote:Welcome to the forum, Megan.  I detect in some state forests when visiting my folks in Moruya NSW.  Here is a link to the Forestry Corporation of NSW.  If you scroll down a bit there is links to maps that can be downloaded.

http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visiting/activities/fossicking

Cheers cheers

hi there,

thank you for the website link, i found that website a while back and its very imformative

check this website out if you dont know it too, you can zoom in and there are just so many mines about - its scary...

www.bonzle.com/

megan2015Canberra
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

new member introducing herself - canberra Empty email

Post  fabphil Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 pm

sorry megan i stuffed up your email so ive got no idea what your message was cheers phil

fabphil
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down