Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting North Queensland

4 posters

Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty Detecting North Queensland

Post  rc62burke Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi All
Just wondering if anyone here makes the pilgrimage to Paradise oops North Queensland? each year there are alot of people that make their way up here, It would be great to meet anyone that makes the trip, a BBQ & BEER & a few yarns would be great, if your headed this way let me know. Things are a bit wet here now, Im getting itchy feet Ill make a run for it when the clouds receade about March, research done GPS loaded I can't wait!!!!!!!
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty Re: Detecting North Queensland

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:19 pm

G'day Lee, I live in Central QLD so does the invite include us Southerners?? What a Face Sorry to hear the tropo season's upon you in the Townsville district but if it is any consolation "...the rain in Spain has been falling mainly on the plain" around Clermont also and now we have a sea of emerald green to contend with!! Very pretty though with lots of cow cockies smiling from ear to ear and Bovines with green runny bums because of the scour (from eating green Buffel grass for the uninitiated).

If your ever down this way look me up, you never know us southerners might be able to entertain the troops to the standards of you FNQ fellers with the odd nugget thrown in for good measure. lol!

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty Detecting Nq

Post  rc62burke Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi JP
Yes the invite for some beer & snags is extended to all visitors northern southern western, would be great to organise a trip with some members in the north.
Thanks for the invite I will definatley look you up when I come down your way.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty Does NQ include FNQ?

Post  FauX Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi Lee, I'm in Cairns and would love to hook up with some local bushies!
Francis

FauX
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty NQ / FNQ

Post  rc62burke Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Francis
How long have you been detecting, do you have any access to properties up your way or is it hard to get onto places, I have a few places, time to get out there is problem.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty paradise

Post  madmaverick Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:10 pm

you guys in NQ and FNQ are in paradice,, looking forward to getting back up there in the near future,, will hopefully be able to catch up with a few of you,, meeanwhile good luck and all success
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty Heya guys, cheers for the responses

Post  FauX Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:56 am

I have no properties at the moment, but keep getting some interesting leads. Everyone up here 'was' a prospector or knows someone who is. Thinking of buying a Snoop tomorrow just to get started. Had a great convo in the pub today. Apparently a 4wd is not enough these days, gotta get a ATV as well!!! Word has it that guys are dragging their mates around on a tarpaulin to cover more ground!
Sheesh, feels like you gotta be sitting on a pot of gold just to get started!
Got a good tip though. If I'm going to the trouble to learn geology, I might as well learn about gems too. No point walking over a million bucks worth of gems and complaining about the lack of gold!
Anyhow, I've got a pan and I'll hit the local gullies next week just to get me started, I'll let you know how it goes.

FauX
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down

Detecting North Queensland Empty Nq

Post  rc62burke Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Francis
A word of advice, don't by a snoop (I did & it really won't cut on goldfeilds), If you are looking for cheaper option, consider a Gold Bug, Pm me your email & I will send you some info on the Gold Bug, I am looking at getting one as a second detector for trash filled area's
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down