Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No off topic posts???

+2
moredeep
Pebbles
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:34 am

No off topic posts since march 30. The forum is better off i recon.

Scrap em. sunny

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Kon61gold Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Welcome back Butch

Problem is not what you reckon, but what the majority of members on here reckon.
The "Off Topic" discussion thread, were created (by demand) for members in order to keep any off topic discussion not related to gold, or all things associated with gold, off the main "General Discussion" section.
As were already stated by other members on here, if one is not happy with what's been discussed in the "Off Topic" category, then one should contribute not negativity towards another, but other relevant information, even though it might be contrary to what were first put down, in order for others to come to some form of conclusion/understanding.
This is how each one of us, goes about in sorting out the good from the bad or ugly.
Now if any member has nothing more positive to contribute to a main topic thread/post, then best to contribute nothing at all, than contribute negative, out of line, out of character, uncivil comments, for the sole purpose of derogatory argument alone.
There are times when we all just have to take a step back & agree to dis-agree & leave it at that.
Freedom of speech on this forum, does not mean a person has the right to come on here & spread freedom of spiteful, derogatory comments.
Respect for one another, is all that's ever been asked for from day one & if any member can't abide by such rules, then management will, do whatever we have to do, in order to bring peace & harmony back to this site.  

Management T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:54 pm

Thanks for that Kon.
Certain topics are banned like religion and politics, that's understood. However that other topic 'climate' / 'ice caps' etc, ( should be banned) invites political activists and others who would not know one end of a detector from another.
In the mean time genuine detecting contributors who do have opinions on politics religion and the climate are being cancelled some never coming back. Please ban climate discussion, it belongs on facebook.

I wish you well. (Butch).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Kon61gold Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:02 pm

Butch, this is not up for debate. Religion & or politics, are of little concern to me & or this forum & are best discussed elsewhere, but the current effects of climate change, season change, (or what ever else one wishes to call it) & the dire effects/repercussions it is having on the world today, is of concern to many. So like that of covid-19, it stays open to & for discussion on or under the "Off Topic" thread.
As for ones personal background (who they might be, are, where they come from, or their past history here or elsewhere)  I care not, as long as ones  "Off Topic" discussion, falls within the rules governing this forum.

Management T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:38 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Butch, this is not up for debate. Religion & or politics, are of little concern to me & or this forum & are best discussed elsewhere, but the current effects of climate change, season change, (or what ever else one wishes to call it) & the dire effects/repercussions it is having on the world today, is of concern to many. So like that of covid-19, it stays open to & for discussion on or under the "Off Topic" thread.
As for ones personal background (who they might be, are, where they come from, or their past history here or elsewhere)  I care not, as long as ones  "Off Topic" discussion, falls within the rules governing this forum.

Management T25

Thanks you Kon! I think that its important for the topic to be discussed as it is probably the most important global issue facing mankind. As long as it based on evidence based science and the well known and accepted physics of greenhouse warming.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:23 am

N/A


Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Nightjar Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:07 am

If Global Warming was real maybe it would be an interesting topic?
We human influenced anti global warmers will have our day, that can be assured. Very Happy
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:37 am

Nightjar wrote:If Global Warming was real maybe it would be an interesting topic?
We human influenced anti global warmers will have our day, that can be assured. Very Happy

AGW is real, the cumulative evidence for its occurrence is now beyond all reasonable doubt.
https://skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-global-warming.htm
Climate Change Evidence & Causes
Update 2020
An overview from the Royal Society and the US National Academy of Sciences
https://royalsociety.org/~/media/royal_society_content/policy/projects/climate-evidence-causes/climate-change-evidence-causes.pdf

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:58 am

adrian ss wrote:So you feel that only self appointed elitists should post an opinion here and that ordinary Australians should only be seen and not heard??

I don't think this forum should be a platform for politically motivated activists, that's all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Pebbles Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:04 am

Nightjar wrote:If Global Warming was real maybe it would be an interesting topic?
We human influenced anti global warmers will have our day, that can be assured. Very Happy

Yeah, and it will probably be a 40 degree winter’s day!

I take it then that you guys wouldn’t discuss Global Warming at your Flat Earth Society meetings?

Pebbles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-06-04

stoneshirt likes this post

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:09 am

I don't think anyone here is claiming to be an elitist Adrian.
You and Pete could be flat earthers and wear tin foiled hats and be dancing around a fire naked singing ooga chaka ooga chaka hooked on a feeling.[no pics please Laughing  Laughing ]
As long as it's debated in a civilised manner and within the forum rules, simple.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jkAkm4JmM

cheers    moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:13 am

We were thinking the same thing pebbles Laughing
It's like I said ,it's ok if people are flat earthers, as long as members stick within the rules of the forum.



cheers moredeep


Last edited by moredeep on Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:14 am

N/A


Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:28 am

N/A


Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:29 am

If a member on here were to put up a post inciting other members to join their cause, then I'd say I have a political activist on my hands.
Putting up a link to the sciences or what ever else grabs ones attention for the purpose of debate, doesn't make one a political activist butch.
So leave these so called political activists to management to deal with.
There's a lot more unusual & more often occurring climate activity taking place around the world today that no one can deny, just like man cannot deny the amounts of pollution we contribute to the worlds atmosphere/oceans, exasperating some of these devastating climatic effects the world is experiencing today in way of climate change.
On top of all this we have the sun undergoing some current changes of its own, no doubt effecting climate change as well.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:28 pm

Kon61gold wrote:If a member on here were to put up a post inciting other members to join their cause, then I'd say I have a political activist on my hands.
Putting up a link to the sciences or what ever else grabs ones attention for the purpose of debate, doesn't make one a political activist butch.
So leave these so called political activists to management to deal with.
There's a lot more unusual & more often occurring climate activity taking place around the world today that no one can deny, just like man cannot deny the amounts of pollution we contribute to the worlds atmosphere/oceans, exasperating some of these devastating climatic effects the world is experiencing today in way of climate change.
On top of all this we have the sun undergoing some current changes of its own, no doubt effecting climate change as well.

Kon T25

Kon,
Heavy particulate pollution and the suns influence is not disputed.
What is disputed is the global warming circular argument that co2 can somehow change the climate. It's not possible to win a circular argument, i simply object to the lunacy.

The circular argument for example.
1. It's not possible to prove whether or not God exists because it gets back to the circular argument which is 'faith'.
2. Its not possible to prove whether global warming is happening or not because it gets back to the circular argument that some magic gas co2 is warming the earth. That defies the first law of thermodynamics. (that states you cannot create energy out of nothing).

To suggest we can create energy out of nothing would be called perpetual motion which is also not possible.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:47 pm

butch wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:If a member on here were to put up a post inciting other members to join their cause, then I'd say I have a political activist on my hands.
Putting up a link to the sciences or what ever else grabs ones attention for the purpose of debate, doesn't make one a political activist butch.
So leave these so called political activists to management to deal with.
There's a lot more unusual & more often occurring climate activity taking place around the world today that no one can deny, just like man cannot deny the amounts of pollution we contribute to the worlds atmosphere/oceans, exasperating some of these devastating climatic effects the world is experiencing today in way of climate change.
On top of all this we have the sun undergoing some current changes of its own, no doubt effecting climate change as well.

Kon T25

Kon,
Heavy particulate pollution and the suns influence is not disputed.
What is disputed is the global warming circular argument that co2 can somehow change the climate. It's not possible to win a circular argument, i simply object to the lunacy.

The circular argument for example.
1. It's not possible to prove whether or not God exists because it gets back to the circular argument which is 'faith'.
2. Its not possible to prove whether global warming is happening or not because it gets back to the circular argument that some magic gas co2 is warming the earth. That defies the first law of thermodynamics. (that states you cannot create energy out of nothing).

To suggest we can create energy out of nothing would be called perpetual motion which is also not possible.

You are completely wrong.An enormous amount of evidence shows that the earth is warming due the greenhouse effect of CO2. It does not defy the first law of thermodynamics because the energy source for the warming is the sun!
https://realitydrop.org/myths/2

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:43 pm

adrian ss wrote:
moredeep wrote:I don't think anyone here is claiming to be an elitist Adrian.
You and Pete could be flat earthers and wear tin foiled hats and be dancing around a fire naked singing ooga chaka ooga chaka hooked on a feeling.[no pics please Laughing  Laughing ]
As long as it's debated in a civilised manner and within the forum rules, simple.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jkAkm4JmM

cheers    moredeep


Look mate just keep my tin hat out of this.
Me tin hat picks up signals from me home planet, connects it to my special speshul gold tooth what then turns ut into an audio signal via a diode action between me roots and the tooth and then I can hear whats going on at me real home planet or I can phone home . ...... alien What a Face lol!

https://backbaybostondentist.com/can-you-pick-up-and-hear-radio-broadcasts-through-dental-fillings/

I remembered this happening many years ago

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:12 pm

So butch, can you explain to me, in what way or role, does heavy particle pollution into the atmosphere, together with the suns current solar flare influence, play on the world today, if the introduction of heavy particle pollution into the atmosphere & current changes in the sun now taking place, are not disputed?
The release of CO2 into the atmosphere, through the burning of fossil fuels, might not be or end up being the major contributor of rise in global temperatures, but how can one say it is not a main contributor of such, when most the worlds sciences are telling us elsewise?
Either way, change in climate is happening & no doubt there are more than one form of contributing factors leading to, as well as speeding up this so called catastrophic change in climate, the world is currently experiencing.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:55 pm

N/A


Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:08 pm

Kon61gold wrote:So butch, can you explain to me, in what way or role, does heavy particle pollution into the atmosphere, together with the suns current solar flare influence, play on the world today, if the introduction of heavy particle pollution into the atmosphere & current changes in the sun now taking place, are not disputed?
The release of CO2 into the atmosphere, through the burning of fossil fuels, might not be or end up being the major contributor of rise in global  temperatures, but how can one say it is not a main contributor of such, when most the worlds sciences are telling us elsewise?
Either way, change in climate is happening & no doubt there are more than one form of contributing factors leading to, as well as speeding up this so called catastrophic change in climate, the world is currently experiencing.

Kon T25

Heavy particle (pollution) settles, it's called dust. Solar flares may change things but it's natural not Anthropogenic.
I don't see the catastrophic changes you're referring to. I assume you talk of the floods, i'll take an uneducated guess here but if you look at an atlas of the earth you will see that the flood area is about 1/5,000,000th of the earths surface. hardly a gauge of anything worth adding to this topic.

I'll consider giving your belief some credence however if you can post a diagram of your perpetual motion machine here for all to see.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:30 pm

butch wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:So butch, can you explain to me, in what way or role, does heavy particle pollution into the atmosphere, together with the suns current solar flare influence, play on the world today, if the introduction of heavy particle pollution into the atmosphere & current changes in the sun now taking place, are not disputed?
The release of CO2 into the atmosphere, through the burning of fossil fuels, might not be or end up being the major contributor of rise in global  temperatures, but how can one say it is not a main contributor of such, when most the worlds sciences are telling us elsewise?
Either way, change in climate is happening & no doubt there are more than one form of contributing factors leading to, as well as speeding up this so called catastrophic change in climate, the world is currently experiencing.

Kon T25

Heavy particle (pollution) settles, it's called dust. Solar flares may change things but it's natural not Anthropogenic.
I don't see the catastrophic changes you're referring to. I assume you talk of the floods, i'll take an uneducated guess here but if you look at an atlas of the earth you will see that the flood area is about 1/5,000,000th of the earths surface. hardly a gauge of anything worth adding to this topic.

I'll consider giving your belief some credence however if you can post a diagram of your perpetual motion machine here for all to see.

Butch the greenhouse effect theory does not propose that energy is being created out of nothing and therefore the 1st law has not been broken and nor has the second law!So your comment about a perpetual motion machine is just silly.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:41 pm

Exactly butch. Heavy particle pollution ends up settling on the ground because its in the form of some type of heavier than air size particles of dust, but how does that compare to CO2 gas, which is slightly lighter than air & tends to hover with warm air above ground? Are not the two in question (one being a solid & one being a gas) different in what they do or are capable of doing?  Besides what does the emission of Co2 gas into the atmosphere have to do with other heavy ground settling dust size particles? Or are you saying that it is those type of ground settling dust size particles of pollution & not the emissions of man made Co2 into the atmosphere, that's causing a rise in global temperatures, leading to dramatic  changes in climate?
How can one ever see any change within ones own environment (not alone a catastrophic one) when one has no intention of searching or looking for such, until its all to late?

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:11 pm

Circular argument.
Already dealt with.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:48 pm

butch wrote:Circular argument.
Already dealt with.

https://grist.org/article/greenhouse-theory-violates-the-laws-of-thermodynamics/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/03/fact-check-laws-thermodynamics-support-climate-change-theory/8796217002/

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Nightjar Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:04 am

Search is planet warming for real. Why are there so many contradictions?
Me, I firmly believe it is "season change" not "climate change."
Read the meticulous records some farmers have kept through generations and there is a revolving pattern of seasonal weather.
We have a 6 billion population just up the road who don't give a rats about climate change, good luck changing their attitude.
Yes, human intervention will probably wipe out the world but not by changing the climate.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

bushbasher90 and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:33 am

Nightjar wrote:Search is planet warming for real. Why are there so many contradictions?

I disagree!The overwhelming scientific consensus supported by an enormous body of data is that the world is warming at rate unprecedented for at least the last 800,000 years and that this warming is being driven primarily by rising levels of atmospheric CO2.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:19 am

planetcare wrote:
Nightjar wrote:Search is planet warming for real. Why are there so many contradictions?

I disagree!The overwhelming scientific consensus  supported by an enormous body of data is that the world is warming at rate unprecedented for at least the last 800,000 years  and  that this warming is being driven  primarily by rising levels of atmospheric CO2.

Circular argument / already dealt with.
Attempting to prove a circular argument either true or false is not possible. Such an attempt creates the Circular Argument fallacy. This is what a fundamentalist does.
Global warming / climate change is a religion. Fundamentalists exist in every religion.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  planetcare Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:46 am

butch wrote:
planetcare wrote:
Nightjar wrote:Search is planet warming for real. Why are there so many contradictions?

I disagree!The overwhelming scientific consensus  supported by an enormous body of data is that the world is warming at rate unprecedented for at least the last 800,000 years  and  that this warming is being driven  primarily by rising levels of atmospheric CO2.

Circular argument / already dealt with.
Attempting to prove a circular argument either true or false is not possible. Such an attempt creates the Circular Argument fallacy. This is what a fundamentalist does.
Global warming / climate change is a religion. Fundamentalists exist in every religion.

Observed Temperature Changes in the Troposphere and Stratosphere from 1979 to 2018
abstract
“The results show a robust cooling of the stratosphere of about 1–3 K, and a robust warming of the troposphere of about 0.6–0.8K over the last four decades (1979– 2018). Consistent results are found between the satellite-based layer-average temperatures and vertically resolved radiosonde records.
http://www.columbia.edu/~lmp/paps/steiner+etal-JCLIM-2020.pdf
So Butch how do you explain the observed and measured Troposphere warming and the Stratosphere cooling?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

No off topic posts??? Empty Re: No off topic posts???

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:41 am

The stratosphere is primarily warmed by oxygen absorbing UV. The troposphere is warmed primarily by the surface absorption of many wavelengths (depending on the substance struck). Then conducted into the air and conducted and convected upwards, cooling it as it goes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum