Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!!

+5
dundiggin
ivanll
moredeep
Axtyr
adrian ss
9 posters

Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!!

Post  adrian ss Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:11 am

The earth rotates on its axis once in 24 hours and around the sun once in 365 days give or take a bit. The sun and our Solar System orbits the centre of our galaxy at around 800,000 km per hour and the galaxy is moving through space at 2.1 million kmh. affraid  Ya gotta wonder:
    Where the hell are we headed and how did we attain that velocity?
To what are those super velocities being measured relative to?

For some odd reason that reminds me of a little ditty.

"There's A Hole In The Bucket Dear Liza"  Rolling Eyes

I cannot recall the actual words but it goes something like this:

Fetch me some water dear Henry dear Henry, fetch me some water dear Henry fetch it.

In what will I fetch it dear Liza dear liza In what will I fetch it dear Liza in what?
    In a bucket dear Henry dear Henry, in a bucket!

There’s a hole in the bucket dear Liza dear Liza, there’s a hole in the bucket dear Liza a hole.

Then mend it dear Henry dear Henry Mend it!!

With what will I mend it dear Liza dear Liza, with what shall I mend it dear Liza with what?
      With wood dear Henry dear Henry, with wood.
With what shall I cut it dear Liza dear Liza with what will I cut it dear Liza with what??
    With a bloody axe!! Dear Henry dear Henry, with an axe
!
But the axe is too dull dear Liza too dull?
    Then sharpen it dear Henry , dear Henry sharpen it.

With what shall I sharpen it dear Liza dear Liza, with what?

With a a stone dear Henry dear Henry with a stone…. Ye Gods and little fishes.
But the stone is too dry dear Liza, the stone is too dry dear Liza too dry. !@&

Then wet it dear Henry wet it.

With what shall I wet it dear Liza dear Liza With what shall I wet it dear Liza , with what???
       With water dear Henry ….Give me a bloody break!!… Dear Henry with water.

In what shall I carry it dear Liza in what??
       In a bucket dear Henry dear Henry In a bucket.

...............There’s a hole in the bucket dear Liza dear Liza there’s a hole in the bucket dear Liza a hole.

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:11 am; edited 4 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Claychipper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty Re: Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!!

Post  Axtyr Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Adrian, at that speed they must be getting out of Victoria to avoid Covid-19.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Claychipper and AnnieL like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:53 pm

That good looking [my wife's opinion ] young physicist that once played in a boy[ brian cox] once describe the universe as being in free fall.
Everything is falling at the same rate therefore we don't really notice it?
Believe it or not.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm

For the universe to be in free fall there has to be some force attracting it in order for it to have motion. That would mean that something outside of or beyond the universe is attracting it.
If the universe is moving in all directions then that might suggest that it began as a big bang when something rather largish exploded and that could suggest that there may be more than one universe which suggests that there will be emptiness between universes and that could mean that even though our universe is moving/expanding in all directions the entire thing could well be being attracted towards an even larger universe....IE The Great Attractor. Basketball confused scratch Sleep
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:05 pm

If the universe started as some say with a big bang then the expansion is more likely due to Repulsive forces.

Always wondered where the material to create the big bang and the universe came from. scratch  . . .  this was not a question.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:33 pm

I dunno mate, it sure reads like a question. Laughing
There is/was a clever dick Astronomical Theorist who tried to explain how to create something from nothing.
If the universe created itself from zip, zultch, Zero, nada, Nothing, not a thing of any kind then I might as well believe in God.
On one hand, Both theories can never be proven to be either true or false and are impossible.....On the other hand we and the universe and all that is in it is here, so some part of it all must be true?? What a Face What a Face confused affraid pale alien
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty Re:Off Topic...Where Are We Headed

Post  dundiggin Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:43 pm

It's marvellous how humans can learn so much about the universe- only recently the csiro captured a million galaxies as yet un-named- and endeavours to get to know the origins of the universe go on unabated.. Interestingly Adrian in describing its origins as having come from nothing concluded he may as well believe in God.. To me that's a fair conclusion because nothing comes from nothing and the bible gives the universe's origins as not coming from nothing but originating from HIS DYNAMIC ENERGY.. To illustrate:- your car's brake shoes convert from material to energy when you apply the brakes and likewise also energy can be converted to material-- simple science... God as the source of all energy converted some of His energy to form the universe.. Just too easy isn't it but the simple things or simple proceedures often are the very things that humans are want to pooh hoo. It always has to be complicated.. If we take all that as truth then we must wonder what His intentions are regarding His creations including the planet we live on..Is He content to let mankind go on willy nilly forever abusing what is a beautiful creation and home for humankind.. Took me a while to get a handle on things.. Happy I did.... dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:36 pm

You cottoned on to what I was driving at in one hit. Wink
It is a hell of a big universe and on that scale we are less than sub, sub, subatomic and expecting to be able to figure out how something that is infinitely large  and infinitely small was created from nothing is a big streach of our ego's
   What is nothing?  Can you imagine emptiness extending in all directions having no beginning or end
The old saying that energy can neither be created or destroyed revolves around the assumption that something has always existed that has created the "Dynamic Energy"  from which the stars and all life was formed.

I could talk about this topic forever but that would drive the gold detecting chaps up the wall. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:24 am

Best to leave politics and religion out of this forum, as the question can always be asked, that if one believes in a superior force, where did he, she, or it come from?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

geof_junk and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:47 am

That is the one question that Egg Heads the world over will never find an answer to that everyone will accept.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:35 pm

life is but a dream Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing or in some peoples case a nightmare  Sad Sad Sad Sad
don't sweat the big stuff Q07 ,enjoy each day guys and gals cheers otherwise you'll go Q12

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty RE: WHERE ARE WE HEADED

Post  dundiggin Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:22 pm

Good one, Adrian, and yes, I too could talk for hours on the topic of creation and yes I've been around long enough to know real truth is a first casualty.. If some think our topic is religion and should be banned then all use of unprovable theories run the risk of being catagorized likewise. It always amazes me that we can hybridize, clone, geneticaly modify, graft, mold, alter, but NEVER a stand alone new creation, the chemist is yet to create a blade of grass.. End of epistle... Oh well, there is always a bit of gold to find..(as yet). dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:35 am

like I said don't sweat the big stuff here,enjoy each day,go for gold.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty Re:Off Topic...Where Are We Headed

Post  dundiggin Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:39 pm

I could not agree with you more about going for gold moredeep, lovely stuff and unlike us humans it doesn't fade away which probably accounts for its desirability and value, but one cannot put it on a plate and eat it for sustenance but that does not diminish one's desire to continue getting that little ( or big) bit more to endow oneself with a smidgen of security... I don't devalue the enjoyable pursuit of the gold but I also devote some time to satisfy my inner being to have some idea where we are headed. Life's great!! Q39 Q16 V07 V09 V18 Camp Fire Detecting Detecting Detecting

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty Detectors work on unexplained factors

Post  hawkear Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:06 am

If we are not allowed to discuss such topics rationally, we should all hand back our detectors as they run on unexplained and possibly unexplainable (but totally predictable) quantum effects. That we should give up our minds ability to question anything and everything is the first step to submission to those who would control us.
hawkear
hawkear
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:44 am

It is the human desire to want to know the how, why, when And Where of everything that has caused us to be the greatest threat to the existence of life of all kinds on this planet to the extent that we are well along the way to destroying it.
Wild animals do not question. The knowledge that they require to survive has been acquired over millions of years and committed to their hard drives to the point where their actions and behaviour has become instinctive (no concious thought needed).

We on the other hand are born empty headed and can be programmed to think anything is either right or wrong which has resulted in a wide range of differing beliefs as to what is right or wrong way to survive and this has resulted in all people of differing cultures on the earth being forever in conflict with each other.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic..Where Are We headed??!! Empty Off Topic Off Topic

Post  hawkear Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:37 pm

And noble "empty headed" animals don't fight amongst themselves for things like sex, territory, food and other resources?
I quite enjoy such discussions as very relevant to gold prospecting. How else can we occupy nights around a campfire other than by filling our empty heads with things. Things such as the possibility of other dimensions outside of our own universe as demonstrated by the weird behavior of entangled particles like electrons which can instantly communicate properties between each other at greater than light speed and over vast distances. How could we use that knowledge to build a better detector?
We should not beat ourselves over the head about spoiling the planet. If it were not us that assumed evolutionary dominance through no fault of our own and overpopulated, it could have been be some other animal maybe an octopus. Wouldn't that be interesting "Planet of the Octopusses" or is it Octopi? Maybe another night.
hawkear
hawkear
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm

I think that you should take a tablet and have a little lay down. Very Happy

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:22 pm

dundiggin wrote:I could not agree with you more about going for gold moredeep, lovely stuff and unlike us humans it doesn't fade away which probably accounts for its desirability and value, but one cannot put it on a plate and eat it for sustenance but that does not diminish one's desire to continue getting that little ( or big) bit more to endow oneself with a smidgen of security... I don't devalue the enjoyable pursuit of the gold but I also devote some time to satisfy my inner being to have some idea where we are headed. Life's great!! Q39 Q16 V07 V09 V18 Camp Fire Detecting Detecting Detecting

Well I headed off on a journey the day I was born. Trouble is, I don't know where I am going and I won't know when I have arrived scratch .
    We all came from star dust and that is what we will end up as.
DNA and reproduction being what it is we might come back as a cat or dog or a covid virus or maybe a bull or a cow.

I can see it now.10,000 years from now, Mabel the cow is talking to her friend Janice in the paddock.
Hey Janice, did you hear what Bob the bull just said? Nah, what did he say? Well he was just now looking up at that weird round light in the sky and he said "Mooooooonnn"   Arghhh don't worry about it he has got a lisp. Q35

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Gday. Ya got to love it.
Regards
Big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down