Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Green who believes this

+8
Nightjar
Axtyr
adrian ss
geof_junk
hiluxer
csgrigdog
davsgold
flouro
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Nightjar Wed May 18, 2022 12:54 pm

And next year and the next decade and the next century all this will still be on going, nothing will have changed and the then maybe 10 billion population in China + India will shake their heads and ask, "What is climate change?


Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  moredeep Wed May 18, 2022 1:38 pm

butch wrote:As i said before the weather's great over here in WA. This is not about the planet. This is about control freaks. These control freaks want to control you as well, so they try to implement oligarchies and dictatorships to do so. Climate change always has been and always will be political.
https://www.weatherzone.com.au/wa


Depends what part of WA you're living in Butch:lol:


cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2022 2:14 pm

We've had 3 climate change elections here in this country 'moredeep', and heading for a fourth.
I'll stay with the majority.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  moredeep Wed May 18, 2022 5:45 pm

I feel like some people in society are doing the old , I'm all right jack, all's good in my back yard????



cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Wed May 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Nightjar wrote:And next year and the next decade and the next century all this will still be on going, nothing will have changed and the then maybe 10 billion population in China + India will shake their heads and ask, "What is climate change?



IPCC Warns China Will Be Hit Hard by Climate Change
https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1009809/ipcc-warns-china-will-be-hit-hard-by-climate-change



IPCC warning to India: Cut emissions or face killing heat and food and water scarcity...
From heat passing the limits of human survivability, food and water scarcity, higher sea levels to ...

Read more at: https://www.onmanorama.com/news/india/2022/02/28/ipcc-warning-unsurvivable-heat-food-water-scarcity-awaits-india-if-emissions-not-cut.html
https://www.onmanorama.com/news/india/2022/02/28/ipcc-warning-unsurvivable-heat-food-water-scarcity-awaits-india-if-emissions-not-cut.html

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Wed May 18, 2022 5:53 pm

butch wrote:We've had 3 climate change elections here in this country 'moredeep', and heading for a fourth.
I'll stay with the majority.

Climate Poll 2021
Several key findings in this new poll show overall concern about climate change has increased for Australians in 2021. Six in ten Australians (60%) say ‘global warming is a serious and pressing problem. We should begin taking steps now, even if this involves significant costs’, with a 4-point rise from 2020. In a significant 8-point increase since 2019, a majority of Australians (55%) now say the government’s main priority for energy policy should be ‘reducing carbon emissions’.
https://www.lowyinstitute.org/publications/climatepoll-2021

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Kon61gold Wed May 18, 2022 6:06 pm

Once again no answer/conclusion to what is causing such abnormal climatic conditions in just about every country across the globe.
Yep, now I understand the meaning of clear as mud.
Your issue isn't with knowing nor understanding the cause of such events Butch. Your issues are more with the eradication of the greens.
Nightjar, I'm not talking about a minor change in seasonal weather or climate (the one off event occurring every 30 to 50 years or so) for change over time is inevitable & things like that do happen. I'm talking about why so many devastating catastrophe's are happening around the world on more regular basis now, year after year, more often in todays times than ever before & what is the real cause behind it, if not in what the sciences are telling us?  
Is there anyone out there that can better explain this to me apart from planetcare who goes by scientific evidence through & by the sciences?
I mean who am I supposed to believe, the sciences with their facts & figures or each persons personal beliefs/past experiences of weather events as they had or have perceived it to be over the last 100 years or so.
To say all things concerning climate are just normal & continue to be on a path as it always has been, is an understatement to me.
I need credible fact/figures not based on personal beliefs, but all I get in return, is that its all normal, all good, nothing to worry about, for the climate is proceeding as it always has?  Shocked  

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

bicter, hiluxer and planetcare like this post

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Thu May 19, 2022 9:49 am

Kon61gold wrote:Once again no answer/conclusion to what is causing such abnormal climatic conditions in just about every country across the globe.
Yep, now I understand the meaning of clear as mud.
Your issue isn't with knowing nor understanding the cause of such events Butch. Your issues are more with the eradication of the greens.
Nightjar, I'm not talking about a minor change in seasonal weather or climate (the one off event occurring every 30 to 50 years or so) for change over time is inevitable & things like that do happen. I'm talking about why so many devastating catastrophe's are happening around the world on more regular basis now, year after year, more often in todays times than ever before & what is the real cause behind it, if not in what the sciences are telling us?  
Is there anyone out there that can better explain this to me apart from planetcare who goes by scientific evidence through & by the sciences?
I mean who am I supposed to believe, the sciences with their facts & figures or each persons personal beliefs/past experiences of weather events as they had or have perceived it to be over the last 100 years or so.
To say all things concerning climate are just normal & continue to be on a path as it always has been, is an understatement to me.
I need credible fact/figures not based on personal beliefs, but all I get in return, is that its all normal, all good, nothing to worry about, for the climate is proceeding as it always has?  Shocked  

Kon  T25

The last eight years have been the hottest on record
The last eight years have been the hottest years ever recorded, according to NASA, with 2021 coming in at sixth place.
Europe suffered its hottest summer on record, when the mercury hit 48.8°C in Sicily and devastating wildfires ripped through Italy, Greece and Turkey. This was coupled with catastrophic floods which swept through Germany and Belgium, weather which was made all the more likely due to the warming Earth.
In Canada a temperature of 49.6°C was recorded in Lytton, before a wildfire ripped through the village and destroyed much of the settlement, while in China, the country's official meteorological agency recorded its hottest year on record in 2021, when average temperatures hit 10.7°C, which is a full 1°C higher than usual. 
In total, over 400 weather stations around the globe beat heat records last year. 
https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2022/january/last-eight-years-have-been-the-hottest-on-record.html

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2022 2:45 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Butch, sometimes I wonder why I even bother going out of my way asking to get a straight up answer to my question, but if you can't answer the question, then why bother concocting up your own Ideas/beliefs?
No science always gets it right, but when the majority of worlds scientists agree on what research has shown them over many a past year of research/calculations, surely they cant all be in the wrong & you in the right?
Anyways, time over the next few years will tell.

Kon T25

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Screen19

Kon, i have given you the real science here on these pages many times but you are the one who dismisses it.
There are millions of scientists globally, why only a consensus of a couple of thousand?
If climatology were sound science, and the crisis were real, you'd have millions of scientist buzzing.

Science does not require publication of any theory in any magazine or journal at all. No journal, magazine, newspaper, book, youtube video, Wikipedia page, Google result, or any other media is science. Science isn't scientists, either present or past scientists. It is a set of falsifiable theories. Just the theories themselves.

Among them, the 1st law of thermodynamics, which says the 'greenhouse gas' model can't work because it creates energy out of nothing; the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which says the 'greenhouse gas' model can't work because it attempts to reduce entropy in a system; and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, which says the 'greenhouse model' can't work because it would necessitate reducing the radiance of Earth while increasing temperature. There are real theories of science that are ignored by the Church of Global Warming.

No amount of data you show, no amount of 'scientific consensus' you can show, no amount of quotes from NASA, NOAA, Wikipedia, or Google you can show will change these theories of science and the problems they present to the 'greenhouse gas' model.

No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Once again you're avoiding the main question Butch. I'm not asking of how many millions of scientists or meteorologists are out there, nor if climatology is a recognised science or not. I'm asking you to provide me, better more reliable, credible evidence from what you think best describes what is currently going on with the change of climatic conditions the world is & has been currently experiencing across the globe over the last few years or so & you keep coming back with more concocted BS of anything but, what may be the cause of such devastating recent climatic events.
Produce credible evidence, from any other source stating the opposite (since you insist on saying there's so much out there from millions of other scientist) apart from the sciences already stated down, or forever hold your peace, cause I'm getting a little tired of hearing one made up story of yours after another, with no reliable/credible evidence supporting your claims. Or is this to much for you to understand?
It is quite obvious to me that you believe that all the devastating climatic effects the world has or is currently experiencing, is all but a natural part of our planets evolutionary change, whereas the sciences who have been researching over many a past year for such, state elsewise.
Now if you don't believe, trust, or have faith in such sciences or their scientific research, just say so & end it at that.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

hiluxer and planetcare like this post

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 pm

You're right Kon the topic becomes tiresome.
It's time for you to tell us 'what change' you are talking about?

Be specific others will judge.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Thu May 19, 2022 4:02 pm

butch wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:Butch, sometimes I wonder why I even bother going out of my way asking to get a straight up answer to my question, but if you can't answer the question, then why bother concocting up your own Ideas/beliefs?
No science always gets it right, but when the majority of worlds scientists agree on what research has shown them over many a past year of research/calculations, surely they cant all be in the wrong & you in the right?
Anyways, time over the next few years will tell.

Kon T25

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Screen19

Kon, i have given you the real science here on these pages many times but you are the one who dismisses it.
There are millions of scientists globally, why only a consensus of a couple of thousand?
If climatology were sound science, and the crisis were real, you'd have millions of scientist buzzing.

Science does not require publication of any theory in any magazine or journal at all. No journal, magazine, newspaper, book, youtube video, Wikipedia page, Google result, or any other media is science. Science isn't scientists, either present or past scientists. It is a set of falsifiable theories. Just the theories themselves.

Among them, the 1st law of thermodynamics, which says the 'greenhouse gas' model can't work because it creates energy out of nothing; the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which says the Among them, the 1st law of thermodynamics, which says the 'greenhouse gas' model can't work because it creates energy out of nothing;; and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, which says the 'greenhouse model' can't work because it would necessitate reducing the radiance of Earth while increasing temperature. There are real theories of science that are ignored by the Church of Global Warming.

No amount of data you show, no amount of 'scientific consensus' you can show, no amount of quotes from NASA, NOAA, Wikipedia, or Google you can show will change these theories of science and the problems they present to the 'greenhouse gas' model.

No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.

"Among them, the 1st law of thermodynamics, which says the 'greenhouse gas' model can't work because it creates energy out of nothing"
This is simply wrong! The energy source for greenhouse warming is the sun!
The sun warms the Earth. The Earth and its atmosphere radiate heat away into space. They radiate most of the heat that is received from the sun, so the average temperature of the Earth stays more or less constant. Greenhouse gases trap some of the escaping heat closer to the Earth's surface, making it harder for it to shed that heat, so the Earth warms up in order to radiate the heat more effectively. So the greenhouse gases make the Earth warmer - like a blanket conserving body heat - and voila, you have global warming!
"and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, which says the 'greenhouse model' can't work because it would necessitate reducing the radiance of Earth while increasing temperature."
Again this is not correct!The surface of earth emits radiative flux based on Stefan-Boltzmann law. But the absorption and re-emission of infrared radiation by atmospheric gases follows Kirchoff's law of thermal radiation
"No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth."
Again this is wrong! Greenhouse gases act  like a blanket and trap  emitted IR from the earths surface and reflect it back warming the  earths surface and the troposphere.
If greenhouse warming is not happening then butch how do explain why the troposphere  is warming and the stratosphere is  cooling?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 19, 2022 4:21 pm

The change you neither wish to see nor understand in Butch. Since you can't answer what I ask of you because it simply doesn't exist in your mind, then no point in me giving any further answer through documented credible sciences of which you'll regard as being theoretically false.
So now your telling me, the world is not experiencing nor undergoing any change of climate nor any environmental disasters, partly contributed into the worlds atmosphere/ocean by man, in any way shape or form?
Here's an example maybe you can understand Butch.
When someone comes up on here stating that their detector does 2 feet deep over a 1 gram bit of gold, an answer from anyone else should not be in the form of  "what a load of crap", or your delusional & full of it m8, what do you take us for d*** heads?  That's not an appropriate bit of language one wants hear, but that of "hang on here m8, I've got the same detector, using the same settings/coil over a similar in size/type nugget, coil but can only achieve 11 inches over such a bit of gold.
Show us or prove to us that you can achieve what you say over that bit of gold. This is an example of an acceptable answer in return to another's statement, not the mumbo jumbo jargon, that you keep putting down as proof.
Now if you keep insisting that the sciences involved here are all fake, then please don't put up any more of your crap, unless it comes with some form of conclusive credible evidence as proof, that man has nothing to do with what the world is now experiencing in way of climatic change..


Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Thu May 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Kon61gold wrote:The change you neither wish to see nor understand in Butch. Since you can't answer what I ask of you because it simply doesn't exist in your mind, then no point in me giving any further answer through documented credible sciences of which you'll regard as being theoretically false.
So now your telling me, the world is not experiencing nor undergoing any change of climate nor any environmental disasters, partly contributed into the worlds atmosphere/ocean by man, in any way shape or form?
Here's an example maybe you can understand Butch.
When someone comes up on here stating that their detector does 2 feet deep over a 1 gram bit of gold, an answer from anyone else should not be in the form of  "what a load of crap", or your delusional & full of it m8, what do you take us for d*** heads?  That's not an appropriate bit of language one wants hear, but that of "hang on here m8, I've got the same detector, using the same settings/coil over a similar in size/type nugget, coil but can only achieve 11 inches over such a bit of gold.
Show us or prove to us that you can achieve what you say over that bit of gold. This is an example of an acceptable answer in return to another's statement, not the mumbo jumbo jargon, that you keep putting down as proof.
Now if you keep insisting that the sciences involved here are all fake, then please don't put up any more of your crap, unless it comes with some form of conclusive credible evidence as proof, that man has nothing to do with what the world is now experiencing in way of climatic change..


Kon T25

What Butch must do is  provide credible evidence that the world is NOT  warming or that the world is warming but this is  just natural climate variation .If he chooses the latter then he must provide an explanation that accounts for all the  observations.
I doubt that he do  either but lets see!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 19, 2022 10:40 pm

Planetcare, I'm neither for nor against the sciences, but as all here know, each to their profession/trade & there's right & wrong in all of us, in every field or profession. Some information provided from some sources, can be accurate whilst some from other sources of similar study not so accurate. Such has been the case from the beginning of mans time on earth.
The main thing here that needs addressing is that, If one is to insist on putting down information about anything they want others to know about, then they better make sure they know the information they're putting forward, is credible enough, or comes from a credible enough source in order to be believed in, before being questioned by another as to its credibility.
Who doesn't make mistakes at all, is it the scientist, the medical profession, the tradesman? We all do from time to time is the answer, but each to their trade & when I want information regarding an issue with my health, I don't seek nor expect to find it from my local butcher shop, I place my trust in & go to see my local doctor & ask for their professional opinion. Same would apply when wanting to know more about the frequent abnormal weather events occurring around the globe over the last few years, for I wouldn't turn to my neighbour next door, who wouldn't have a clue of what I'm talking about in the first place, but to the ones involved in the long term study of such climatic change, such that of the sciences. Smile

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2022 11:41 am

Would Einstein be a global warming skeptic if alive today?

By Will Happer.

Albert Einstein would almost certainly have been a global warming skeptic if he were alive today. Many distinguished, contemporary scientists are skeptics too.
We are lucky that Einstein left a rich legacy of pithy quotes that reveal how he would probably relate to today’s cult of global warming alarmists.
Take the oft repeated propaganda that 97 percent of scientists support global-warming alarmism.

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Llllll10


Quite aside from the falseness of the claim, Einstein would have remembered the famous attack on himself, “A Hundred Scientists Against Einstein,” published in Germany in 1931. His response was, “If I were wrong, one would have been enough.”
His view of groupthink was summarized in another comment: “In order to be a member of a flock of sheep, one must, above all, be a sheep oneself.
Rather than address honest scientific concerns, alarmists attack skeptics as “deniers,” a word deliberately chosen to vilify the person, along with CO2.
Einstein was subject to similar attacks, by envious, prejudiced contemporaries. His advice on how to deal with this was: “Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Fri May 20, 2022 12:05 pm

butch wrote:Would Einstein be a global warming skeptic if alive today?

By Will Happer.

Albert Einstein would almost certainly have been a global warming skeptic if he were alive today. Many distinguished, contemporary scientists are skeptics too.
We are lucky that Einstein left a rich legacy of pithy quotes that reveal how he would probably relate to today’s cult of global warming alarmists.
Take the oft repeated propaganda that 97 percent of scientists support global-warming alarmism.

Quite aside from the falseness of the claim, Einstein would have remembered the famous attack on himself, “A Hundred Scientists Against Einstein,” published in Germany in 1931. His response was, “If I were wrong, one would have been enough.”
His view of groupthink was summarized in another comment: “In order to be a member of a flock of sheep, one must, above all, be a sheep oneself.
Rather than address honest scientific concerns, alarmists attack skeptics as “deniers,” a word deliberately chosen to vilify the person, along with CO2.
Einstein was subject to similar attacks, by envious, prejudiced contemporaries. His advice on how to deal with this was: “Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”

"Take the oft repeated propaganda that 97 percent of scientists support global-warming alarmism."
what you posted should read: 97 percent of climate scientists support AGW.
Climate Misinformation by Source: William Happer
William Happer is not a climate scientist!
https://skepticalscience.com/William_Happer_arg.htm
Now butch can you please provide an explanation (and evidence) as to why the troposphere is warming and the stratosphere is cooling?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Nightjar Fri May 20, 2022 12:45 pm

planetcare wrote:

IPCC Warns China Will Be Hit Hard by Climate Change
https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1009809/ipcc-warns-china-will-be-hit-hard-by-climate-change




Show us a peoples review/report straight out of China or India, not a Western view?
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Fri May 20, 2022 1:13 pm

Nightjar wrote:
planetcare wrote:

IPCC Warns China Will Be Hit Hard by Climate Change
https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1009809/ipcc-warns-china-will-be-hit-hard-by-climate-change




Show us a
peoples review/report straight out of China or India, not a Western view?

It  is not western  views ,its a review/ report based on observed data and climate model extrapolation
Scientists from 67 countries, including nine from India, contributed to the UN report on climate change.
India is already feeling the effects of climate change with recent  prolonged  and record breaking heat waves.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Kon61gold Fri May 20, 2022 3:14 pm

Gents, I've got nothing against sceptics, for we all know that no field of study or profession can always be in the right, but I do have something against the sceptic's who put forward reports without reliable, credible, sources of information, from those highly accredited in the study of such phenomena.
If I want to know more about any matter or event involving the sciences, I turn to credible, reliable sources of science for information, not your your average Joe blow detectorist.
Just like I rely on my doctor for a forgone conclusion as to what might give me a better understanding of what might be the cause of some  health issue, same can be said for when I need further understanding from the sciences concerning the strange & abnormal temperatures/weather patterns, the world is now currently experiencing.
Now unless one is highly educated in such fields of science, capable of backing it up with credible evidence from such fields of study, then do me a favour by keeping ones personal beliefs or thoughts, of what each individual thinks is happening/taking place with the climate.
I need credible facts/figures not each individuals personal beliefs on what each person thinks is going on.
Nightjar, surely you don't expect China, Russia or even that of North Korea who couldn't give a fat rats cooter, about what they say or how they go about in handling state affairs with their people, nor as to what is really happening behind closed doors, until they themselves have all but been swept away by the tide so to speak. I seek information from reliable sources as to why the weather is acting so strange lately, but don't count on the above mentioned countries as a reliable source of information.
Anyways gents, we'll soon know over the next few years, of whether or not the worlds climate continues in the destructive manner/path as that it has.  

Kon  T25


Last edited by Kon61gold on Fri May 20, 2022 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Fri May 20, 2022 3:26 pm

Nightjar wrote:
planetcare wrote:

IPCC Warns China Will Be Hit Hard by Climate Change
https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1009809/ipcc-warns-china-will-be-hit-hard-by-climate-change




Show us a peoples review/report straight out of China or India, not a Western view?




China Briefing, 12 August 2021: Beijing’s response to IPCC report; Climate ‘blue paper’;
The “blue paper” was released by CMA’s Climate Change Centre, also known as the National Climate Centre (NCC). Established in 1995, the organisation is in charge of developing a national-level climate operating system, according to an official pamphlet. Chao Qingchen, deputy editor of the paper, told Beijing News that climate change is bringing “higher risks” and “bigger impact” to China.
WHY IT MATTERS: The “blue paper” showed clear evidence that human influence is causing changes in the climate system in China, according to Prof Zhou Tianjun, a lead author of a chapter of the IPCC AR6. Prof Zhou, who works at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, told Carbon Brief: “If we compare the key climate change indicators assessed in the ‘blue paper’ to that assessed in AR6 in a global perspective, we can see that climate change in China is a regional manifestation of global warming.” Prof Michael B McElroy from Harvard University told Carbon Brief that the “blue paper” provides an “important” account and context of the contemporary changes in China’s climate system. Prof McElroy noted that the paper highlighted the need for “immediate” investments in infrastructure that could “at least partially” mitigate future damage. “And it provides strong reasons for China to continue, if not expand, its current policies to reduce its emissions of climate-altering greenhouse gases, promoting similar objectives elsewhere in the world,” he added.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/china-briefing-12-august-2021-beijings-response-to-ipcc-report-climate-blue-paper-coal-price-rises/


An official blue paper reports continuing climate change and rising extreme weather events
By Lu Yan
https://www.bjreview.com/China/202108/t20210818_800255877.html

Beijing Climate Centre
On August 24, China Meteorological Administration (CMA) rolled out Blue Book on Climate Change in China 2020 (hereafter referred to as the Blue Book), which provided the latest monitoring information on the climate change status in China and the whole world from the aspects of atmosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, terrestrial biosphere and driving factors of climate change.
The Blue Book indicates that many key indicators of the climate system are taking on accelerating changes. China, as a region susceptible to climate change, is confronted with more extreme climate conditions, pronounced regional differences of precipitation changes, and more days of rainstorm. It boasts a bettering ecological climate but faces more unstable conditions in terms of regional ecological environment.
The Blue Book points out that the global average temperature in 2019 is 1.1℃ higher than that of pre-industrial levels, ranking second since the complete meteorological observation on record. Since the 1980s, every consecutive ten year has witnessed warmer conditions compared with the previous one decade. In 2019, land surface temperature on average in Asia comes second since the beginning of the 20th century. From 1951 to 2019, annual average temperature in China rises by 0.24℃ per decade, with the rate dramatically higher than the global average level in the same period.
From 1961 to 2019, annual average precipitation in China is on mild increase, with more extreme heavy rain events and more days of rainstorm. Precipitation changes in all regions take on noticeable differences.
According to the Blue Book, from 1870 to 2019, average global sea surface temperature has notably risen. In 2019, global average sea level is accelerating to rise. The sea level change in coastal regions of China is on volatile rise. The rate is higher than the global average level in the same period.
From 1960 to 2019, global mountain glaciers are in melting and retreating condition. The year 2019 is the most intense year of global glacier melt since 1960.
In recent years, vegetation coverage in China has steadily increased, and on greening trend. From 2020 to 2019, annual average NDBI in China has been on remarkable uptick. From 2015 to 2019, vegetation cover is the highest in five years since 2000. 
http://bcc.ncc-cma.net/channel/index/152/0
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202108/05/WS610b4fe1a310efa1bd666d77.html

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  adrian ss Fri May 20, 2022 9:23 pm

It does not matter what any of us say here,  the climate will continue to warm for another 5000 t0 7000 years whether we are here or not. Yes we might be stoking the coals a bit but the final result will not change  even if humanity vanished from the planet tomorrow.

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Nightjar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  moredeep Fri May 20, 2022 9:33 pm

I had to do a slight edit Adrian,as you know politics is a no go ,especially tonight and tomorrow.


cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Kon61gold Fri May 20, 2022 11:41 pm

Agree Adrian, the climate around the world is going to do whatever it intends on doing, with us or without us, but Its not about what the climate intends on continuing to do now or well into the not so distant future, its about whether or not it continues its devastating course of destruction upon many of the worlds environments.
I mean if man, is part of the problem that impacts the effects of climate change, then should we not take steps of reducing such man made input to the climate, or should we just sit back & continue to operate in the manner we have been doing so & just hope for the best, whilst watching the whole show unfold over time?
If what we're seeing in way of season change, climate change, or whatever one may prefer to call it over the centuries, is all just part of mans evolutionary change in way of normal environmental climate change taking place, then yes, whatever's going to happen, is going to happen fair enough, but if it is in mans power, to further reduce any environmental damage or disasters caused by mans input onto our climate, then for our own futures sake, should we not take appropriate steps towards further reducing or preventing such irreversible damage from occurring to our planet?
Scientists around the world are warning us. The climate itself is now showing us unfavourable signs in more ways than one, I mean what exactly has man got to lose by making a change from the use of one form of combustible fuel to another less toxic & more user friendly, if it helps us, the climate as well as the environment?
Someone always has to set the example/standard by making a start for others to follow.
As for the new upcoming growing superpowers of tomorrow & their vast size populations, continuing to increase their dependence on the use & burning of fossil fuels, releasing even more Co2 into the atmosphere, will no doubt require their population, to pay a higher toll also & not just at the bowser.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  adrian ss Sat May 21, 2022 8:17 am

moredeep wrote:I had to do a slight edit Adrian,as you know politics is a no go ,especially tonight and tomorrow.


cheers  moredeep

Grrrrrrrrrrrr Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Sat May 21, 2022 10:04 am

adrian ss wrote:It does not matter what any of us say here,  the climate will continue to warm for another 5000 t0 7000 years whether we are here or not. Yes we might be stoking the coals a bit but the final result will not change  even if humanity vanished from the planet tomorrow.

This is not correct.The world should now be in a slight cooling phase. Man's activities are "stoking the coals" at least 10x faster than at any time in the last 800,000 years!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Nightjar Sat May 21, 2022 10:20 am

Season change, not climate change! We still have our low winter temperatures and high summer, just slightly adjusted on the calendar...
Surely hobby prospectors here in WA have noticed they have to adjust their timing to beat the heat?


Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Sat May 21, 2022 10:34 am

Nightjar wrote:Season change, not climate change! We still have our low winter temperatures and high summer, just slightly adjusted on the calendar...
Surely hobby prospectors here in WA have noticed they have to adjust their timing to beat the heat?



The seasons are changing due to climate change. Winters in Oz are getting milder and summers are getting hotter and extreme weather events are becoming more frequent just as they are globally!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2022 11:45 am

lol! lol! lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Going Green who believes this  - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Green who believes this

Post  planetcare Sat May 21, 2022 11:49 am

butch wrote:lol! lol! lol!

Butch can you explain why the troposphere is warming and the stratosphere is cooling according to RSS and UAH satellite data?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum