Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divining Rods

+20
Barney Rubble
matelot
snapper
granite2
deutran
kon61
slimpickens
Kon61gold
Minermike
AlluvialRic
Jigalong
onthehunt
rc62burke
Ian Parker
someday
Digginerup
chippy
tezz
CostasDee
Rick-OHalloran
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Divining Rods Empty Divining Rods

Post  Rick-OHalloran Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Does anyone have any idea where I may be able to find some professionally made divining rods to purchase ?
More for novelty purposes than anything

Rick-OHalloran
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Back to top Go down

Divining Rods Empty Re: Divining Rods

Post  CostasDee Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Rick, have a look on fleebay. For example
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/L-shaped-Brass-Dowsing-Divining-Rods-new-in-sealed-box-/370852342596?pt=UK_Metaphysical_New_Age&hash=item565885ab44 and
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Copper-Dowsing-Rods-with-wooden-handles-divining-ley-lines-/190805875424?pt=UK_Metaphysical_New_Age&hash=item2c6cea9ae0.

Or you could look in the wardrobe and make your own.....flower
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tezz Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:17 pm

A bloke told me if you want to divine for gold hold a small nugget in the hand, I made 2 rods out of coat hangers and placed a nugget on the ground, when I walked over the nugget the rods turned 180 deg. wasn't convinced so put the nugget in another spot and closed my eyes, sure enough the rods turned as I felt the rods touch me, tried it many times and it worked, Divining has been used for thousands of years probably to find water but I don't think everyone can do it, I'm still not 100% convinced.
tezz
tezz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chippy Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Very spooky when ya think about it and coat hangers are a lot cheaper to:P 
chippy
chippy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 pm

tezz wrote:A bloke told me if you want to divine for gold hold a small nugget in the hand, I made 2 rods out of coat hangers and placed a nugget on the ground, when I walked over the nugget the rods turned 180 deg. wasn't convinced  so put the nugget in another spot and closed my eyes, sure enough the rods turned as I felt the rods touch me, tried it many times and it worked, Divining has been used for thousands of years probably to find water but I don't think everyone can do it, I'm still not 100% convinced.  

I hear you tezz, I am sceptical like most but I was recently in a camp with some blokes that were diviners, I watched them for a while until I had a go for myself and I have to say without conducting some blind testing I was surprised to feel a certain tendency for the wires to react, cross over when passing over the gold, I did try my best to keep them relaxed and unnasisted but they certainly did want to cross, these divining rods were nothing more than # 8 fence wire,I will keep an open mind to them at least. Wink it is by no means an exact science,I also saw a cattleman recently sink 3 worthless bore holes at a cost of around $10K and still have no more water than he started with, 3 separate diviners involved and still no result.

Wayne.cheers 

Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Try having sombody else place the gold in the ground anywhere up to about about 30 to 50 metres away while you are not looking and have them come back to you , tap you on the shoulder and say "Go for it". If you can find the gold 75% of the time out of 10 attempts then I might start believing. Rolling Eyes  

I am 100% convinced Very Happy ...............That divining is not possible.................I do not even have to be convinced that it is impossible because it simply cannot happen.Very Happy

Last edited by Adrian SS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 pm

You'll have just opened up a can of wriggly things with that post Adrian Q41 
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

I use a 3.2mm welding rod with a 90 degree bend it works well for me, but I must be hallucinating since Adrian can't do it Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I avn't dun ut fer a long tyme nar Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post  tezz Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:16 am

About 25 years ago this old bloke was well known in the area for diving water, he used a green whippy willow stick and when water underground was detected the stick would bend and touch the ground.
tezz
tezz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Divining Rods Empty Make your own divining rods

Post  Ian Parker Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 am

Hello to all

I'm new to this forum and just saw this post.
Although I don't know everything on this topic, I do know quite a lot and willing to share that information, so if you have any questions, fire away!

To start; The basic principle behind divining is charges. Small static charges group together to become a larger charge. Water although not capable of conducting electricity in pure H2O form does however take on an overall charge like one terminal of a battery. The diviner takes on the role of the other battery terminal and as the diviner walks across an underground stream the rods come together to show the static attraction and path of least resistance to the charge of the water.
There is really no need to buy divining rods as they are simple to make. It is best to start with a straight piece if wire. Fencing wire is perfect. To get it straight use this old bush trick. Tie one end of the wire to a tree and a stick or something to the other end. Start twisting the wire in either direction and pull the wire tight. After a while you will find the wire becomes straight. When your happy that it is straight enough cut two pieces of same lengths out of the wire and bend a 90 degree handle. A single spring rod works just as well if not better, although this takes a bit more wire craft skill to make, and with practice the spring rod allows the diviner to find the distance to target. If you want to read more on static charges lookup Triboelectric effect on Wikipedia.

Hope that helps
Ian
Ian Parker
Ian Parker
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Ian Parker wrote:Hello to all

I'm new to this forum and just saw this post.
Although I don't know everything on this topic, I do know quite a lot and willing to share that information, so if you have any questions, fire away!

To start; The basic principle behind divining is charges. Small static charges group together to become a larger charge. Water although not capable of conducting electricity in pure H2O form does however take on an overall charge like one terminal of a battery. The diviner takes on the role of the other battery terminal and as the diviner walks across an underground stream the rods come together to show the static attraction and path of least resistance to the charge of the water.
There is really no need to buy divining rods as they are simple to make. It is best to start with a straight piece if wire. Fencing wire is perfect. To get it straight use this old bush trick. Tie one end of the wire to a tree and a stick or something to the other end. Start twisting the wire in either direction and pull the wire tight. After a while you will find the wire becomes straight. When your happy that it is straight enough cut two pieces of same lengths out of the wire and bend a 90 degree handle. A single spring rod works just as well if not better, although this takes a bit more wire craft skill to make, and with practice the spring rod allows the diviner to find the distance to target. If you want to read more on static charges lookup Triboelectric effect on Wikipedia.

Hope that helps
Ian
Hi Ian
You have confused me a bit here, as far as I know water is a great electrical conductor isn't it??
Mate not trying to be smart, can you explain this a little more?
The way I see it is that if you put an electrically charged condutor into the water & place your hand into said water ZAP circuit complete & your done therefore the water conducted the charge, this is correct is it not?

I do a little water devining so I'm not a complete sceptic.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Is divining the same as dowsing?

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Mums dad was a water diviner, he used a piece of forked willow. Mum said the stick would almost jump out of his hands when he was onto water.
Grand Dad was also as crafty as the proverbial SHR.
       There is nobody anywhere on this planet who has been able to prove and demonstrate unequivically that divining gold, water or whatever is a genuine natural force and  human ability.
Lots of people think they can do it but when tested they ALL fail conclusively.
       Nobody has ever claimed Dick Smiths very large cash amount offered to anybody who can demonstrate any kind of psychic or divining ability. Plenty have tried, All have failed.
If you believe that you have divining power then give DS a call and arrange a test.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:18 pm

onthehunt wrote:Is divining the same as dowsing?
Yes.

Last edited by Adrian SS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi All
I divined for water & found water, a successful water bore drilled, so I am a happy man
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Divining Rods Empty Conducting water

Post  Ian Parker Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi

I know what you mean about conducting water. I had the same argument with a chemistry professor at uni. For a element or molecule to be able to conduct it must have a certain amount of free electrons available which Pure H2O does not have. BUT! The water we see in the environment is not pure and therefor does conduct electricity. But this conductivity is not the cause of the divining static effect. H2O molecules are held together via weak forces to form water. The nature of the H and the 2O's gives the molecule a slightly negative charge on the two O's and a slightly positive charge on the H. The H is therefor attracted to the O's of the water molecule next to it and so forth.. to form water. This is the charge that is broken when evaporation occurs. It isn't a large charge until you get a fair few molecules joining together in a say a stream. Then the overall pattern gives rise to two potentials of charge, one on top of the water and one at the base. It should be noted that for the diviner to detect the water it is important that he/she wears appropriate clothing so that they do not statically discharge their body onto the ground.

Dowsing "or water witching" is the term used when looking for water. While divining is a broader term that is used to describe the practice of divination were other things are searched for, for example a school of fish.

Regards
Ian
Ian Parker
Ian Parker
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi All
I divined for water & found water, a successful water bore drilled, so I am a happy man
My Grandfather divined and put down water bores for many farmers. He knew how far below ground level the water was. He would stamp a foot on the ground and when the divining rod lifted back up the number of stampings was the depth of the water in feet below ground Very Happy 
      Grand Dad had a very good working knowledge of the country and its geology. He could READ the ground very well and could determin where underground streams and other water was likely to be simply by looking closely at the surrounding terrain. He used this knowledge to enable him to seemingly locate water by Divining, for which he was paid good money. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:46 pm

I believe the Australian Sceptics held a competition for diviners. I cannot find the result though.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AlluvialRic Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Jigalong wrote:I believe the Australian Sceptics held a competition for diviners. I cannot find the result though.
I think I saw this on TV Jig. They had buried pipes with water running through them.

I was good fun listening to all the excuses why they could not locate the correct pipes LOL

Cheers Ric
AlluvialRic
AlluvialRic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-07-16

http://alluvialgprospectors.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

I knew a guy that had a one piece rod, of fencing wire, that was bent in a U shape. You could put a pair of vice grips on the wire and see the wire twist, under the force.
Dark hair people are supposed to do it better... I have seen stamping with the feet to get the depth, it does work. Natural rivers under ground should give a better reading because of the contact with the surrounding earth. I can pick up a corroded coin at a greater depth, on the beach, than a non corroded one. Water in a PVC pipe will have less " aurora " perhaps ????
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:50 pm

http://news.csu.edu.au/director/regionalnews.cfm?itemID=2407A3610588B522713888F2399C2F60&printtemplate=release

A Charles Sturt University (CSU) psychologist and member of Australian Skeptics is challenging local water diviners to demonstrate their powers at the Mitta Muster at Mitta Mitta on Sunday 10 March. The first diviner to successfully demonstrate their paranormal ability of ‘divining’ water under controlled conditions will be eligible to win $110 000 from the national group Australian Skeptics. Dr Krissy Wilson, with CSU's School of Psychology said the prize is a standing offer that has been available for a number of years to anyone able to demonstrate a paranormal ability, including divining for water, gold and other materials, as well as psychic and clairvoyant powers and the like. The Mitta Muster Challenge will be only for water divining. “Contestants who score beyond ‘chance’ in the initial test will be eligible for a further challenge at a time, place and under testing conditions agreed between Australian Skeptics and the contestant. Successful candidates at this second challenge will be eligible to claim the prize,” Dr Wilson said. Dr Wilson will be at the Mitta Muster from 10am to oversee the initial tests for all who would like to demonstrate their water divining powers. To register for the Mitta Muster Challenge, click here.

Media Note: CSU psychologist and leader of CSU’s Science of Anomalistic Phenomena (SOAP) research group, Dr Krissy Wilson, is available for interviews on the Mitta Muster Challenge.

I think if divining was fair dinkum, somebody would have claimed the $110,000 prize by now. I think this is proof positive, end of story.
Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AlluvialRic Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:39 pm

I should say here that I do believe there are people out there who have an ability to divine sub-terrain water. There are a lot of people on the land who will swear to it,including relatives of mine who have seen it done on their properties, BUT as for divining gold and other precious items..............well I am not so sure.

Ric.
AlluvialRic
AlluvialRic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-07-16

http://alluvialgprospectors.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

There is a difference between water running in a PVC pipe and naturally underground, just my opion .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Last year over at the Gwalia mine south of Leonora, i saw an old guy doing some maintenance around the town. We got to chatting and I found that over the last 40 years he has been divining gold. He showed me as he got out one piece of wire and walked near the mine. All of a sudden it started to move from side to side and the speed of which it swings indicated how deep the gold was.
He had been used by the mining companies for this reason. He recounted to me how often surveyors has been out checking for gold and when they hadn't found any, they often called on him to come out and tell them where it was. This had been proved time and time again.
It is obvious that unless you have a mining degree specializing in minerals, you would be skeptical of a guy like this, but then if it works for him and he believes it and shown others where the gold is, who are we to dispute it. If you have the gift then use it.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Divining Rods Empty Entry fee scam

Post  Ian Parker Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 pm

People have been successfully divined for water for thousands of years. Although I have never been to one of these challenges I am told that the challenge is a scam and designed so that the diviner can not do it. I think the real scam is the entry fee into the Muster.
Ian Parker
Ian Parker
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Ian Parker wrote:People have been successfully divined for water for thousands of years. Although I have never been to one of these challenges I am told that the challenge is a scam and designed so that the diviner can not do it. I think the real scam is the entry fee into the Muster.
Don't worry Ian, most on this forum know who the scammers, charlatans and snake oil salesmen are.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:09 pm

So if all of this divining forces are to do with Static electrical charges between the diviners rod and the water in the ground and that these piddlin charges can generate enough attractive force to cause a divining rod or willow stick to leap about or bend towards the  ground then I imagine that if the diviner and his rod went outside and stood beneath storm clouds charged to the hilt with trillions of volts then the attractive forces would pretty much hoik the diviner and his willow or wire rods clean off the ground causing him to fly off up into the clouds ( where vers plenty uv worta Laughing )

The military all over the world spent quite some time and money in investigating the claims of psychic and dowsing powers. There are obvious advantages if you could have an army of soldiers with telepathic and psychokinetik, psychic and divining ability. But no such ability has ever been proven to exist by any of the military forces scientific investigations. Never! Not ever!

Last edited by Adrian SS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Ian Parker wrote:People have been successfully divined for water for thousands of years. Although I have never been to one of these challenges I am told that the challenge is a scam and designed so that the diviner can not do it. I think the real scam is the entry fee into the Muster.
How do you arrange a test for psychic and divining power so that the diviners will fail?
Nobody knows how the ability (If the power existed, which it does not) works and so you cannot divise a means of causing the diviner to fail unless you have knowledge of how the divining ability works.
These people who have faced the challenge in the past to prove their claimed ability to divine ANYTHING or EVERYTHING have failed simply because psychic ability of ANY kind does not exist in nature. It exists only in the dreams and minds of those who like to think they have power over the the forces of nature.

Last edited by Adrian SS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Adrian SS wrote:So if all of this divining forces are to do with Static electrical charges between the diviners rod and the water in the ground and that these piddlin charges can generate enough attractive force to cause a divining rod or willow stick to leap about or bend towards the  ground then I imagine that if the diviner and his rod went outside and stood beneath storm clouds charged to the hilt with trillions of volts then the attractive forces would pretty much hoik the diviner and his willow or wire rods clean off the ground causing him to fly off up into the clouds ( where vers plenty uv worta Laughing )
This had me it fits LOL

The military all over the world spent quite some time and money in investigating the claims of psychic and dowsing powers. There are obvious advantages if you could have an army of soldiers with tepathic and psychokinetik, psychic and divining ability. But no such ability has ever been proven to exist by any of the military forces scientific investigations. Never! Not ever!
Science hey
There are even things science cannot prove or disprove, it is not the be all and end all, science fails where it excels (breaking things down to the smallest micron) many many things are intertwined & cannot be isolated & proven, just my thoughts.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next