Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prospecting Code of Conduct

+3
flyspecks
Travelergold
hotrob
7 posters

Go down

Prospecting Code of Conduct Empty Prospecting Code of Conduct

Post  Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 am

Hi everyone,
As some of you may know that Victorian Government and their bed mates the "Greens are pushing for more Parks for Victoria. And one of their so called reasons is that prospectors aren't following the "Prospectors Code Of Conduct.
So I've just put up 2 Code of Conduct links on the PMAV page regarding prospecting in Victoria. I suggest that everyone have a read just to refresh their obligations of the Laws that govern our hobby in Victoria.
One is called :- Victorian Code of Conduct while Prospecting
The other is :- PMAV Code Of Conduct and links.

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Prospecting Code of Conduct Empty Re: Prospecting Code of Conduct

Post  hotrob Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:54 am

Hey Womby,

your links aren't working mate.

Rob.

hotrob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm

This is NO surprise.
Because Labor and the Greens, thats all they ever want to do
To make themselves proud of their green achievements.
They are only using this (us prospectors) as an excuse.
Nothing more and nothing less.
They really don't give a shithole about us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi wombat,
I sent mark parnell from the greens an email about prospecting not only in south australia but australia wide and my concerns about parks and regional reserves being changed so we cannot get access to prospecting where we would like to. I also stated the cost and $'s we have invested in our hobby and where we spend our money in these prospecting areas. I explained how we detect and that we do so ground is not left not in its natural state. I also said that there may be a small minority percentage that do not fill there small holes but other people also in whatever hobby also have those same bad eggs.
His response is basically that there is so much other land available as these parks only cover a small percentage australia wide when looked at as a whole. So it should not affect us, we just look elsewhere. What a Face
He also stated that digging a hole would disturb the natural ground.  !!!  And another coment what we are small miners. What the!
So i responded that aluvial gold is only also found in a small percentage of australia and that most of this area when overlayed is in areas that they want to close up. No reply.
I also put in email that there are tens of thousands of park time hobby prospectors and the income that they put into these comunities would far outweigh any other use that the green party thinks that any other group would feed $'s into those same comunities.
I think that every prospector should bombard there state green member so it makes them sit up and think.
Cumon folks, you all have to stant up for your rights, not just the few and PMAV or APLA.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:30 pm

hotrob wrote:Hey Womby,

your links aren't working mate.

Rob.

Rob you have to go into :- "PMAV-Prospectors & Miners Association of Victoria" section on this site to read the what I put up. https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f88-pmav-prospectors-miners-association-of-victoria
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Good on you Travelerdog. Now you can see by your reply how un-caring the Greens are past their own agenda. They know sh!t and only talk sh!t.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks wombat Q33 Q33 Q39
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 am

Wombat, do you really think that will make any difference? I always follow the rules and I want to believe that the majority of my fellow prospectors do the same, the only intent of the greens and the current government is to upset not only us but hunters, fishermen, motor bikers, practically anybody that enjoy the bush. Our code of ethics is just an excuse.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Prospecting Code of Conduct Empty Green ethics?

Post  mungoman Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 am

^^Yep^^
mungoman
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:23 am

Hi goldquest
I hear what you are saying mate. But we got to be seen showing that we care for the environment and our hobby. If every other sports and hobby groups do the same we may have a chance. I'm hoping that it will make the Greens job harder. I'm also trying to get the message over to the newbies of our hobby to just do the right thing.

This year around March I think we should have some idea of the first preliminary report from VEAC to the government in regards to the proposed State & National Parks around the triangle.
Also the PMAV have been having meetings with the local Aborigine community in the area and their elders, in conjunction with the CSIRO and Parks Vic. This is in regards to the present day State Forest and State Parks and the future of prospecting in these areas. So far these meeting have been positive. The Aboriginal community are more than happy to allow us to prospect in these areas. The Aboriginal community have a lot to say about these areas, as they are classified as the traditional owner of the land in this area in and around Maryborough and all the way up to Bendigo.  As they have told us, they have their sacred sites and their ancient heritage in these areas as well. The same as we have our prospecting heritage also in these areas. And they recognise this and said we should be able to still practice and enjoy our heritage by still prospecting. But in saying that, there will be some areas that are going to be classified as out of bounds to prospecting in the near future. May be later this year as they have been reconised and are now classified as Aboriginal Sacred sites. But the areas are very small and may be non- prospecting areas anyway. I'll know more later this year. These people we need on our side to help fight of the Greens. I was talking to one of the elders and mentioned about what the Greens want to do up here in these areas. And her reply was, "We don't want the Greens here, because all they want to do is lock up the forest and let it go wild. They don't know how to look after the land."  
These meetings that we have been having with the Aboriginal community and the meetings and the reports and submissions to VEAC are two different issues. The first one was to reconise Aboriginal Sacred sites in the area and how it will effect prospecting. And the other is to see if the State Government should bring in more State or National Parks.

So as you can see the PMAV are working hard behind the scenes to protect our hobby and keep the Greens from shutting us out.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 am

Good report Bill, good to wear the PMAV are on the job. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down