Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea

+7
mbasko
Axtyr
PeterInSa
deutran
AnnieL
geof_junk
Sharkbait
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea Empty We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea

Post  Sharkbait Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:58 pm

NSW residents have been warned police will be checking the vaccination records of anyone enjoying new freedoms next week as the state records 1,220 new COVID-19 cases.

"You need to be able to prove you have been vaccinated. That's part of the conditions of having those freedoms that you've got to be able to prove if you're pulled up by police," Mr Barilaro said.

This is taken from the ABC News website this morning..I interpret this as the vaccination being compulsory..am i correct? Can't sit in a park un-vaccinated now?
I live in Vic. so not affecting me at this point,but you can see Dan following Gladys on this one. Evil or Very Mad
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

noncents likes this post

Back to top Go down

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea Empty Re: We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea

Post  PeterInSa Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:21 pm

I will be more than pissed off if the IC ward is filled up with patients who have Not had a vax shot and I cannot get into an IC ward if I have had a heart attach, and to me our Adelaide hospitals will be overloaded when the state is opened up at 80% vax'ed.

So bring on the checks in SA for people in restaurants etc.

Appreciate that some, because of medial conditions may need some form of exemption form.

Last edited by PeterInSa on Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea Empty Re: We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea

Post  Kon61gold Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Unfortunately the times are what they are Sharkbait. How do you think the fully vaccinated feel, being kept under lockdown due to the unvaccinated?
The government lays down the rules/laws & we just have to abide by them. Under such circumstances its for the common good. So If it prevents the spreading of such a virus, with the potential of it causing long term side effects or deaths, I can't say I disagree with their decisions.
Mind you these are only my personal thoughts on such matters & others have the right to disagree.

Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:55 pm

T04
Prior to seat belts being made law, every Friday and Saturday night in operating theatres around the country they would set up for the influx
of blunt trauma head injuries; that is people going through the windscreen of their cars, the procedure was called burr hole drainage, basically- drilling a hole in ones scull to release the pressure from bleeding on the brain, I remember as a kid blokes carrying on like pork chops about the new law.
Drink driving and the .05 alcohol level was another major law that caused a few to carry on but it saved thousands upon thousand of lives and reduced serious injuries.
There are numerous "stupid laws" that have been made but history will show us, if they were right or wrong.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

bushbasher90, geof_junk, Claychipper, AnnieL and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:50 am

Have been hearing a bit more about full vaccinated people still winding up in ICU with covid 19.

Pollen season is upon us and wouldn't you know it; covid seems to be going nuts....I guess those little bludger virus are hitching a ride on the pollen in the air and being sucked into our noses and lungs in much increased density/numbers. affraid affraid affraid affraid pale pale pale pale bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing Suspect Suspect alien alien
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:12 am

fomites Adrian [hitching a ride]

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am

Blimey teddy!! it doesn't matter what I think of, somebody else has already thunk of it and given it a name  Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:29 am

I could be wrong, but I thought a vaccine was or used to be used to vaccinate, that is give immunity to the one being vaccinated, sadly this is not the case with the covid jab which is at best just an experimental treatment and does not provide any long term immunity, as they have discovered overseas 3 to 6 months at best and some countries are declaring that after 3 months the people are considered unvaxed and have to have continual boosters.

WHO would have imagined this at the beginning.

Everyone has the right to make a choice and everyone has to live with the choices they make

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:44 am

Seems to me that the covid and the flu are one and the same that occur from different causes.

You can break your leg by falling out of a tree or you can break it by hitting it with an axe...Either way yer get a broken leg. Q35 Q35 Q35 etc etc.
    Both require the same type of treatment but need differing preventative measures.
Don't climb trees.
Use a chainsaw instead of an axe.
Q12 Q12 Q12 Q12 pale
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:15 pm

I think the same will happen with the covid vaccine, it'll become a yearly injection the same as the seasonal flu jab.
Just at present we'll need regular booster shots until technology and science improve the longevity of the covid vaccines.
And yes Adrian,the main aim is not to break one's leg, avoid it at all cost, use common sense affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:25 pm

G'day gents

As of 11:59 tomorrow night (Thursday the 9th/9/21 all of rural Vic (less a further weeks delay for Shepparton Vic) will be allowed travel once more.
Other mandatory procedures, such that of the wearing of masks indoors, coupled to social distancing will remain the same till further notice. cheers
Like were mentioned by Dave & moredeep here, only a matter of time before a third dose of vaccine or booster shot will be required for all currently vaccinated people, due to the original vaccinations showing signs of having lost their efficacy or level of protection within 3 to 6 months after having received ones second dose.
Right again when you say give immunity to the one being vaccinated, but more so from the seriousness of the effects of the disease, but not from contracting of the disease in itself & this is where the problems here arise.
Although there is overwhelming evidence world wide, that complications arising from any of these vaccines are very rare, few & far in between & the positives of being vaccinated far outweigh the negatives of catching such a virus whilst not being vaccinated, none the less, it is now apparently clear, that all current vaccines for covid 19 (even though offering better protection to the catching & spreading of covid-19) can still be caught after being fully vaccinated, as well as spread or passed on to another vaccinated or unvaccinated person, leaving no one safe (especially the unvaccinated).
These are simply facts witnessed & or spoken about by many an individual around the world today & with all respects to each individuals rights or decisions (in way of choosing to be vaccinated or not), the moment all states here drop their curfews & decide to open up their borders, allowing people to get back to living their normal every day lives once again, is when covid-19 will increase more than tenfold (now spreading from the vaccinated) placing the unvaccinated at a far more greater risk of contracting the disease & ending up in hospital.
Less the medical profession can find some form of miracle cure, towards stopping or eradicating this new virus with its constant mutating strains out altogether, we will just have to continue towards finding ways of safely navigating through it.     
Now whether or not our hospitals can handle what's to come in way of covid positive cases (of which our politicians say they can & are comfortable with), I would first listen or take a good hard look to what each hospitals staff are saying or undergoing in way of coping with the current number of covid-19 positive cases they each have, which to me I find very worrying.
Take care out there everyone.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:18 pm

yes Kon take care mate, there are people out there that are deliberately spreading the virus, a lady travelled from Sydney (supposed lockdown) area the Dubbo and went to a many shops as she could and was arrested for even being here.

Another case was a guy was released on bail from Bathurst goal tested before release and they never waited to get the results well he was positive cane to Dubbo went to many shops went to Wilcannia funeral where they "say" 500 attended and so that caused the outbreak there and ones from the funeral went home to Bourke Walgett Coonamble etc etc and now all those places have positive cases as well.

Not only Dubbo but Parks Forbes Bathurst Orange Tamworth etc etc have cases of positive virus as well, and on and on it goes.

Now here's the kicker, 98% or more of positive cases recover and have natural immunity which overseas studies are beginning to realize is at least as good as any vaccine jab.

So in the end it not only the unjabbed the also the jabbed that will be clogging up the hospital system and this is from there own data which clearly says jabbed can get and transmit the virus at the same rate as unjabbed.

So is it a coin flip to get the jab or not get the jab, it's up to each person I think but in any case it is a good idea to stock up on as many groceries as you can, and fill the freezer as full as possible. Just be prepared.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:46 pm

An easy read of changes. This is for Victoria 10Sep2021 Click on link below a vic gov link.

.....Lockdown Changes.....
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:02 pm

I guess everything thing in life is sort of like Russian roulette Dave,
Get fully vaccinated and you might have one round in the chamber[that is getting sick and going to hospital]
Depending on other factors and not getting vaccinated increases the rounds in the chamber.
It also depends on how lucky you think you are, life can be a gamble at times just like crossing a busy road eating your pie and looking at your smart phone What a Face Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:58 pm

I agree it’s a dilemma but I’ve read enough (for me anyway) to make a decision to have the (AstraZeneca as I don’t qualify for Pfizer) jab. I would have liked to have a choice though. I feel that I would have a better chance of survival with an immune response to the virus already kicked off in me than nothing at all.

The difficulty with Covid-19 is that there are now more strains of the virus and, as they say, “ ….its harder to hit a moving target”.  Somewhere along the line, the Government was always going to have to make a decision to do away with lockdowns as the economy cannot survive with them. Further, hospitals and staff are stretched to their limits.  So they have got more vaccines and are encouraging people to have the vaccine shot …. then, I think, lockdowns won’t be put in place. We can only hope the two shots give people enough immunity and if it means booster shots then I think we have little choice.

For the unvaccinated then, they will be treated as most minorities are. They will likely be excluded from events and other activities.  The only way around that is a proven quicker testing kit so they get tested beforehand.  

As for people who deliberately spread the virus, laws will be for jailing them in a ‘special’ facility in isolation.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by AnnieL on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Well here's some good news if one could call it that. 1 Million Moderna (MRNA vaccines) are destined for arrival within the next couple of weeks, for distribution amongst 1200 Pharmacies around Australia.
This first batch of a million doses, will most likely be intended for use on the younger generation (bellow 50 years of age), with 10 million more Moderna vaccines all up, arriving before the end of this year, for use on all other age groups that haven't been vaccinated as yet.
So for anyone not currently having been jabbed with Pfizer or Astrazeneca & prefers to wait for a similar in make vaccine to that of Pfizer, here's a chance to do so, but keeping in mind that it might be weeks or months down the track before one gets their preferred jab.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

AnnieL and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:21 am

Something that seems to have been missed in all of the commotion is natural immunity.Once you have recovered from covid new studies from Israel show that the antibodies may protect against all strains and last up to 5 years.Vaccine passports are not being issued for people who have this even though testing is available to prove this.People are actually loosing their employment because of misinformation.
There is plenty of info out there about this etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9B_WfI-_io
I feel a lot of common sense has gone out the window lately.I have a legal exemption to the mask mandate and have been denied service for necessary
good and services by some businesses.In most circumstances i have been treated very well though.I actually had one lady tell me by law I was supposed to have a badge on my shoulder.The number of people that literally jump out the way when I walk towards them shows how ridiculous this has become.One only has to do a quick search about how ineffective the masks are on this virus and offer no form of protection contrary to popular belief.The filter on most masks is around 80 microns and the airborne virus is usually around 0.1-1 microns.Any larger droplets from say sneezing fall to the ground rapidly.You may as well have a tennis racket in front of your face.
Mind you today is our Pfizer day and we are getting the shot because the data is clear that it is necessary and it certainly saves lives.Its not much use waiting for natural immunity if your dead.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

AnnieL, adrian ss and mbasko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:23 am

davsgold wrote:

Now here's the kicker, 98% or more of positive cases recover and have natural immunity which overseas studies are beginning to realize is at least as good as any vaccine jab.

G'day deutran, I did say the exact same thing you said in my post, but I think the jab is more like an experimental treatment than a vaccine, a vaccine actually vaccinates and does not need boosters to be redone every 3 to 6 months as they are finding out overseas

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:56 am

Re ( but I think the jab is more like an experimental treatment than a vaccine, a vaccine actually vaccinates and does not need boosters to be redone every 3 to 6 months as they are finding out overseas)

I think it will be like the Flue jab that I have every year.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Thanks Dave yes I didn't notice your mention of natural immunity.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:02 pm

So true on the current disposable surgical face masks most of us wear deutran, where these masks are made more for wearing/breathing comfort, than protection from very fine airborne particles.
Add to this a good thick beard undergrowth & their goes all protection. Shocked  I might as well not wear any of these cheaper made disposable surgical face masks & let the beard alone do all the airborne filtering. Shocked Q35

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:24 pm

Re Masks, in the early days of shortages, I purchased a pack of 10 from Bunnings at from Memory $55 trade, have never opened them, since when home SWMBO had purchased the light blue disposables.

Read on another forum, someone has got upset with a forum user wearing this type of Mask in possibly a Covid hot spot, since these masks have a one way valve that protects the user, but if the user has covid does not protect the surrounding people when he/she breaths out..

In Bunnings a couple of days ago, a Bunnings employee was wearing said mask ( In SA all Must wear Masks to shop and QR code in, No Covid here at the moment) so probably made a similar purchase to me.

Interstate Truckies appear to be the current source and one truckie stop hotel has banned them entry ( after a truckie cause them to shut down for a while some time ago), the banning has caused an uproar in the industry and the state government is looking at more truckie testing or maybe jabs

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 pm

I'd be a bit skeptical of the one & only study (there is only one not studies as mentioned above) that has concluded that the benefits of Natural Immunity outweigh vaccination.

That single Israeli study did show previous infection antibodies to be more effective than the Pfizer vaccine. True.
Social media, mainstream media & other groups however, latched onto that one point to come out of the study sharing it across many platforms but failed to tell the full findings of the study. I doubt many have bothered to seek it out & actually read it, or even the main points of it, but have just seen the various media reports or posts missing the full context of the study.

What they don't share on the media & other platforms:
* the study was carried out on only people vaccinated with 2 x doses of Pfizer vaccine. No other vaccines or people with 3rd booster shots were included in the study.
* is that the study found even greater immunity against the delta variant for people who got a single shot of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine & had a previous infection with COVID-19. Natural immunity & 1 dose was the best prevention outcome in that study although comes with the risks of Covid infection to begin with.
* the study has not been peer-reviewed & has not yet been accepted or endorsed in any way by the scientific or medical community.
* that the study also found the natural immunity wanes (as does vaccine immunity).
* those involved in the study admitted to a number of limitations in their methodology etc.
* it doesn't include the negative longer term health aspects of Covid infection or short term risks of having Covid.
The study shouldn't be used to indicate that getting Covid is a better option for immunity than vaccination as it is pretty obvious that getting Covid purposely would not be a good idea. The unvaccinated risk of serious illness, death or long Covid from an infection should be pretty well accepted by now?

It’s worth noting that two other similar studies, one in the UK by Oxford University & one in the USA by the CDC, have come to different conclusions about the relative potency of natural immunity versus vaccination. They both indicate vaccination offers better protection than natural immunity alone.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 am

Although researchers to date have concluded that reinfection is uncommon by a survivor of covid through natural immunity, regardless of having a build up of antibodies through natural immunity or through having had the vaccine, is still possible for both a fully vaccinated or unvaccinated person to catch covid-19 again, as well as end up in hospital, struggling to fight off the virus.
It is still way to early to know any long term effects covid-19 has or might have, on a vaccinated or unvaccinated survivor of covid-19.
The only real proof we have to date, is that a healthy fully vaccinated person, has a much higher chance of surviving when infected by covid, than an unvaccinated person & that's exactly what purpose the vaccines play, by keeping the full effects of the virus/disease that have taken hold on a person, to a minimum.
Vaccines for SARS type virus's themselves, are not a cure, but serve more as a prophylactic.
Now as for who might have better or longer lasting immunity from covid (the vaccinated or unvaccinated survivor of covid, through natural or unnatural immunity build up) is yet to be determined/understood, for covid-19 is also known to, or has the tendency to do or leave some form of internal organ damage, that if a survivor of covid were to be infected a second time round, might now find themselves fighting for ones life.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

mbasko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea 23303010

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea 24181810

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea 23814710

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:31 pm

All Masked up in the Bunnings SA stores (2) that I have visited.

Maybe its because SA does not have a convict heritage ( so says as ex Queenslander)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:24 pm

I am Anti-Vax and I don't care what YOU Think....................

I’m sick and tired of seeing people who are anti-vax getting bullied on social media. We have good reasons to feel this way and simply bad mouthing us or attacking us is not going to change our mind. We will not be silenced.

I for sure will never have one again. No chance, no matter what you say to convince me. I’ve been sucked into that trap before!

They are absolutely the worst brand of vacuum cleaner. Dyson all the way for me!

( Am not into Dyson either,  we have 3 different versions each $900+ and SWMBO now only uses a Bosch ZOO'O Animal 26.2v. 2 years ago saw some plastic parts in the recycle bin in the pantry and later emptied the pantry recycle bin into the outside recycle bin that the garbo picked up, later SWMBO was looking to use her Bosch and it turns out I had thrown the plastic dust collector and attachments out, someone was bloody annoyed, I priced the spare parts $350, so when down to HN and purchased another ZOO'O.)

(posted on Reddit by u.marsmctavish)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:35 am

PeterInSa wrote:Re Masks, in the early days of shortages, I purchased a pack of 10 from Bunnings at from Memory $55 trade, have never opened them, since when home SWMBO had purchased the light blue disposables.

Read on another forum, someone has got upset with a forum user wearing this type of Mask in possibly a Covid hot spot, since these masks have a one way valve that protects the user, but if the user has covid does not protect the surrounding people when he/she breaths out..

In Bunnings a couple of days ago, a Bunnings employee was wearing said mask ( In SA all Must wear Masks to shop and QR code in, No Covid  here at the moment) so probably made a similar purchase to me.

Interstate Truckies appear to be the current source and one truckie stop hotel has banned them entry ( after a truckie cause them to shut down for a while some time ago), the banning has caused an uproar in the industry and the state government is looking at more truckie testing or maybe jabs

The problem with wearing a mask all day is that it traps carbon dioxide as you breath out  and then you suck this gas back into your lungs as you inhale.
The purpose of the mask valve is to allow this CO2 out of the mask.
   Wearing a highly efficient covid trapping mask  all day long or while exercising will starve you of oxygen and that could likely result in heart attacks, fainting, a lack of energy plus you will be chockers with CO2 and that is also going to reduce your natural immune system from performing correctly plus there are bazillions of other reasons against wearing a fully protective mask for long periods.

So what is the answer??
 Wear a mask with an outlet valve, Wear a less efficient mask, Don't wear a mask at all, Stop breathing Very Happy  Breath less often, pale Keep 50 mtr from anybody either wearing or not wearing  a mask. bom   Or maybe just get on with your life and refuse to recognise any laws made up by numb nuts with IQ of 90 or less. People with an IQ lower than that have very poor problem solving ability.  Sounds like most of our premiers aye??  Laughing Laughing Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Only an airtight mask could possibly cause any breathing difficulty or dangerous levels of CO2.
That eliminates cloth masks or the generic "medical" masks used by many in public as they aren't airtight.
It actually even eliminates better quality N95 respirator masks too. These are usually used by healthcare professionals or in industrial type settings.
They fit tighter than a cloth mask but still not tight enough on the face to kill or cause any other CO2 health issues.
Surgeons wear even more substantial face coverings for hours on end or all day during critical & intricate surgery without endangering their health.
Many workers wear them all day performing heavy manual tasks in sometimes confined conditions without endangering their health.
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/face-masks-may-increase-feelings-of-breathlessness

https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/debunked-myths-about-face-masks

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/stanford-scientists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:45 pm

We are one Step Away from Becoming North Korea 24095610

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next