Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

+22
nuggertman
stevo 444
MS
chopppacalamari
Narrawa
kevlorraine2
harryopal
Vb4meta
goldtimer
deutran
HueyDuck
kon61
mulgadansa
tomahawk1
Alf
scruffy_hair86
TheH0ward
detector
Jonathan Porter
Tributer
gollstar
nero_design
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? Empty Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

Post  nero_design Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? Solar_1

Earth to be struck by super x-class solar flare(s).

I don't care much for the conspiracy theories of today, but it may be worth listening to NASA when considering the threat facing us from within our own Solar System. I always liked reading about the last couple of storms because one of them occurred during the gold-rush of the 1800s in Australia and the USA. NASA anticipates the Solar Storm that has been building for the last 10 years will strike the earth with the force of 100 million hydrogen bombs, rendering all electronics, GPS and electrical infrastructure dead. The Solar Storm is estimated to be more powerful than the one which struck the earth in 1859 and again in 1921, causing worldwide chaos, wiping out telegraph wires on a massive scale and causing massive lightning storms and massive static discharges. Records show that some people using the hand-operated Morse telegraph devices were severely shocked during the event. The 2012 storm has the potential to be even more disruptive, some experts on the subject claim it might knock us back to the Stoneage for close to 100 years.

The National Academy Of Sciences estimates that if the Earth is struck by a similar storm today, it will take 10 years for the world to fully recover from the impact... with between $1 Trillion to $2 Trillion dollars in damages.

Good thing I bought a Dry Washer. No doubt the fuel-run Sluices will work but WHAT ABOUT our METAL DETECTORS???? All those fine wires and all the flat printed circuit boards will act as an antenna to channel the effects of the charged atmosphere. All that energy is channeled into the components attached to the board... and pretty much fries them in a fraction of a second. The last storm took tens of minutes to hit us but lasted 10 hours. Personally, I can't imagine what the world would be like. And I suspect we could shield our detectors - but how about recharging the batteries? Will the sun then become our friend when it comes to solar panels? Will gold be the valuable commodity again without banking systems and electronic funds?

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? Jp030205

They claim satellites will be aged by 50 years, rendering GPS even more useless than ever, and the blast will have the equivalent energy of 100 million hydrogen bombs. The banking system will be locked down during the crisis and the effect may be even more pronounced as the sun enters what is referred to by some as an "interstellar energy cloud", potentially increasing the effect of the storm. Also, our ionosphere (which would protect us from some of this damage) has been greatly reduced in recent decades.

Might go get me some of those anti-static electronic component baggies! A big one, perhaps!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sun-storm-to-hit-with-force-of-100-bombs/story-e6frfro0-1225909999465

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? Staticbag
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? Empty Re: Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

Post  Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Nah nero - have a little faith in the Van Allen Belt... Razz

Back to top Go down

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? Empty Re: Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

Post  gollstar Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 pm

It migt be ok if you put it in a lead lined box, when the time comes if it is going to happen ill put everything i need like laptop and other things maybe the detector, but if it does happen you wont have any petrol to go prospecting for awile, and will have other things to worry about like feeding yourself,thats if the worlds power gets knocked out, but then again you world think if they see it comming they could power down everything, would a good idea to take the battery out of the car aswell,

cant wait, it will make for a good light display at night.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:10 am

The only detecter that will work when the solar storm hits will be the Rangertell..... because it contains no electronics.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:33 am

This reminds me of the millennia bug freak out in 2000, doom and gloom, we're all going to die!!!! Facts are one day something big in space is going to pound on our planet and us humanoids and every other oxygen user on the globe will cease to exist or take on another form anyway (atoms spring to mind here)!! affraid

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  detector Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 am

Like the the old saying bend over and kiss your Ass good bye THE END IS NIGH lol
BE AFFRAID BE VERY AFFRAID lol!
detector
detector
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 am

as unreal as this may seem (probably more unreal than the solar storm nero posted) but i do some voluntary work for nasa, as i have for the past 4 or so years, but nope, never been warned of some super solar storm.
I dont know how many of you know what a solar flare is anyway. I call it a sun fart, lol. They happen all the time and explains why sometimes your mobile phone drops out for no reason, why a tv or radio station loses transmition briefly and also how we get to see beautiful auroras. As for a 2012 super x-class flare with the power of 100 million hydrogen bombs ... show me one, lol.

Yes its very real, as the sun does hold a lot of energy but as for 2012, well i believe not. It might drop out electronics for a short period but not indefinately. Im no expert but i know what i know. Im not a know-all and dont like to give too many opinions Smile But i say 'bring it on' as i sit with my esky and marshmellows ready for toasting, lol.

Nero, no malice intended buddy Smile
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:01 am

To the best of my limited astonomical knowledge major solar flares are not predictable years in advance.
The sun goes through an 11 year cycle where sun spots and the resulting flares are concerned and at the moment the sun is in a very quiet period which will likely continue for a year or two yet, if it followes previous records of solar activity.So how the 2012 prediction (if it exists) originated is a mystery to me.
We just very recently encountered a powerfull flare which for most people, passed unnoticed. although some previouse flares have disrupted power grids in the states and Russia (close to the North pole) and they can definately create havock with radio and satelite communication and I would not want to be an Astronaut in space when those cosmic particals passed by.
What is on the agenda is a close encounter with a somewhat large asteroid in 2012

cheers ,
Adrian SS

Back to top Go down

Post  scruffy_hair86 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:02 pm

My goodness, apparently we only just got hit by a solar flare on the 3-4 of August 2010 affraid I think thats the day I lost my phone, it probably blasted out my memory.
Heres the link.

http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in-national/solar-flares-storm-expected-to-hit-earth-august-3-and-4-2010-nasa-videos-photos
scruffy_hair86
scruffy_hair86
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks for that link.
Minor Flares happen all of the time but every now and again there is a biggun. Don't worry, the sun will not turn into a Red giant Star until a long time after we have come, been and went.

cheers,
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:10 am

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? CoronalHaug2010_sdo900

This image surfaced today from NASA and was taken this week. QUOTE from the link: "Explanation: This ominous, dark shape sprawling across the face of the Sun is a coronal hole -- a low density region extending above the surface where the solar magnetic field opens freely into interplanetary space. During periods of low activity, coronal holes typically cover regions just above the Sun's poles. But this extensive coronal hole dominated the Sun's northern hemisphere earlier this week, captured here in extreme ultraviolet light by cameras onboard the Solar Dynamics Observatory. The solar wind streaming from this coronal hole triggered auroral displays on planet Earth."

If NASA has been warning of a solar flare due in the next two years that will potentially destroy ALL electronics on the planet and knock out satellites, it's not scare mongering. Because NASA are one of the few expert departments with the answers. The sun is waking up from its 11 year dormant period and solar cycles that take thousands of years to come full circle are aligning to make the world an interesting place again. NASA says the Solar Storm is "inevitable".

Astro Physicists and scientists have their Doomsday say here on Video with Animation projections:

So be completly fair, there are other NASA scientists who don't expect any major changes at all and say that solar flares will be LESS powerful in 2013 (when the main blasts are expected). So we might be just fine!
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:08 am

Gday

There have been many notions of world ending events over the years and so far nothing, so I dont think I will worry too much about anything new, just get on with it and if it is meant to happen it will happen.

The up side is if I have to go then all the politicians, murderers, drug dealers, and perverts are going to go too Very Happy , the place needs a bit of a clean out anyway.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:11 am

The solar flares that occur throuout the regular 11 year sunspot cycles are not world ending events and will not be for a great many years to come but they will continue to create interesting Southern and Northern light displays and to screw up radio communications and blast us with cosmic radiation, X-Rays and Gamma radiation.

But like earthquakes, they are not predictable to the degree that we can say with certanty that a biggun will occur in 2012

Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:21 am

i have a book published in 1974 called the The Jupiter Effect. it details all the catastrophes that were going to happen when all the planets lined up on one side of the sun on March 10, 1982. yep , just like the YK2 bug.
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 am

Thanks stayyer au, so you wish me death for perving on chicks in bikinis, i live right on the beach and have a good thing going see, i go fishing and have an esky with smelly bait hanging around and all the girls that walk there dogs have to come up to me because there muts are niffing like made knocking over my crap, and these beautiful athletic girls always have to say the first thing because of the percieved intrusion of my space, and im always humble and amicle and on there way back they always smile and wave or the dog comes up and eats part of a blue bait where apon they become profusly apologenic , geez i could go down with no bait for fish but fill the esky with dog food and i would have maybe 20 women hit on me instead of the 10 or so in 2 hours, some of these single women walking there dogs really do look at you, they like the gruff look, man hunting fish, anyway its nearly summer so im gonna be down the beach fishing ever yarvo who knows i might even catch a fish.

Last edited by gollstar on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 am

Yo matey, give up on holding ya rod, ya should be training one of them chicks to hold it for ya, just be careful you dont catch sometin ya dont want

Alf
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tomahawk1 Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:14 pm

I would'nt worry about detecting mate... Planet X is comming

tomahawk1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:32 pm

I have to agree with Nero. If it happens, as is predicted by NASA, it is possible that any vehicle with a computer could stop in it's tracks. I have a love of aircraft but am very reluctant to fly nowadays as most passenger aircraft are fly by wire now. It dosen't matter how many backup computers they have, they will all be affected and who knows when any of this could happen... Worst case scenario, Satellites, Mobile phones, TV, GPS and power etc will all be affected. No fuel no food etc etc. AND worst of all, No Internet to hear all the bullsh**t stories.
There are always those that say it won't or can't happen. Sadly in a technological world like we live in, it can and appears it probably will. There is too much evidence to take a blase attitude towards an event of this magnitude.
Yes, I am also very mindful of Planet X and how much information the Government are keeping from the populace.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Seeing as we have a time-line for the event, why not leave the detector turned off and stay at home that day??????? scratch
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:39 pm

G'day Gents.

Sounds like a perfect time to check the machine for interference.

kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:17 pm

for hire:
Honda generator $500.00 per week.
refundable deposit of $2000.00 required
enquire within or email chickenlittle@hotmail.com

oh damn! forgot..no email

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Ok All,

Have you seen or heard this one....Google Mayan Calander predictions....End of the world is 21/12/2010!!!!!!!!!

DeadDuck.........
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey Huey? Lets not be pessimistic.Your goose aint cooked yet.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Kon61,

Na yer im a positive person and just wanted to know if anybody else had heard of this one, they claim that it will be the end of the world because the calander stops then.....the funny thing is the mayan calander has stopped before from what i was reading and nothing happened so it just goes to show its a crock......

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:56 pm

G'day HueyDuck

It reminds me of the time when computers where to have been thrown out of whack,approaching midnight Dec 31st 1999.When 2000 came in what happened? I'll tell ya,nothing.All computers and clocks were readjusted and fell into place. As we approach the Mayan Calender date,i can't help thinking,how much more stories are going to appear about doomsday approaching.Same for the supposedly Asteroid which is destined to come close to,or maybe make contact with the Earth around +/- 2030.I say that no one knows the precise time nor place of when cataclysmic events are due to take place until it actually happens.Just like gut instinct in life, there's normally some sort of waning before the deluge.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Kon61 and All,

Theres going to be alot heat, discussion and fear just before that date so i thought it would be good to touch on it. Sorry to Nero, did not intend to go off the topic, take this as my apology, but as usuall just thought i would give everyone the heads up. This arose from having a talk to teenagers that bought it up and would you believe i was reading all about it 2 weeks before hand, so as soon as they knew i knew information on it well i got ATTACKED for a wealth of information they wanted to soak in because of the fear factor, WHEN?, WHERE?, HOW?, WHY?......

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:43 am

I always keep a set of Divining Rods handy just in case of an "Act of God" Divine intervention or the like.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtimer Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:01 am

All we need to do is build a big farraday cage around the planet and we'll be sweet Laughing

Last edited by goldtimer on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad spelling LOL :))

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:36 am

Huey Duck, It is a fact that most folk are blissfully unaware or don't want to know. I just believe there is more to life than getting up, going to work, paying mortgages, collecting material things etc. It is satisfying when people question you if you make a comment about 2012, Nibiru, Annunaki or such as I think it is good to make folk aware that we are due for changes (disclosure is the big one) and give others a chance to think outside the square. If they want to read more about it, they can. Otherwise they can carry on just the way they are and be blissfully unaware of universal changes that are close to happening.

Goldtimer, I am Wildcat on the other forum.
Cheers
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks Panther for the support, i thought i was doing something wrong there for a moment by posting that....its only for peoples interest too read as you say Smile .... I dont believe in it just giving all the heads up Wink

CookedGoose.....No only Joking!!!!!!!! Laughing ....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next