Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

+22
nuggertman
stevo 444
MS
chopppacalamari
Narrawa
kevlorraine2
harryopal
Vb4meta
goldtimer
deutran
HueyDuck
kon61
mulgadansa
tomahawk1
Alf
scruffy_hair86
TheH0ward
detector
Jonathan Porter
Tributer
gollstar
nero_design
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

Post  kon61 Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13 am

G'day Gents.

Panthers spot on there Huey. Here's a quote from the legendary classic "ENTER THE DRAGON" by Jim Kelly.
When asked by mister Han,if he were afraid of dying,hes reply to life was,"Mister Han Man! when my time
comes,I'll be to busy looking good".

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will your metal detector still work after 2012?

Post  Alf Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Blissfully unaware or what ever the case may be, A world ending event even something quite significent, in honest reality, there is nothing we can do about what "Mother Nature" throws at us other than do our best to adapt to the new situation. Maybe being a little prepared will help but you will not find that you can stop the event, volcanoes, thunderstorms, cyclones, meteors, solar flares and everything else in between is what has made us and one day probably destroy us.

The best thing we can do is cherish every moment with our families and our passions. That way we will die hopefully an honest and loved person, with nothing but happy thoughts.

Sorry for being a little deep, but soul searching can be good now and then especially around a camp fire.

Alf
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 pm

good news.
a man by the name of Dr. Dennis F. Bartels has written a book on how to survive AND PROFIT from the events that are going to occur in 2012.
you only have to give him your credit card details online plus the validation number on the back of the card.
sounds safe enough.
dave

http://www.2012secretsexposed.com/?hop=ecollier12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:08 pm

Koni Don't get me wrong. I am not a promoter of a Doomsday event. Yes, the date 21/12/2012 is significant as that is when the Mayan calendar period ends after thousands of years. I look on it as the beginning of a new era for the planet and not just because the Maya say so but other ancient races as well all acknowledge that date as a special 'time'.
I have spent pretty much the past 2 years gathering info and cross referencing etc etc and found that many of our past mysteries, myths, religious books, have all some element of truth albeit the timeline of some stories may be thousands of years out. (to what we have been lead to believe)
I have had to open my mind to a lot of things regarding religion and creation and am now a firm believer in intelligent design. The Sumerian tablets have been one of the most significant finds ever for humanity and reveal the facts of who we are and where we came from.
For those interested, there is a PDF file available for free called 'The Lost Book of ENKI '. Some of you will know who ENKI was.
Gold plays an important role in the story.
Why do we cherish Gold? weird isn't it?

Alf... I think I could go a lot deeper than you but good to see a like mind. Cheers

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Vb4meta Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 pm

MAYAN CALENDAR 2012C PREDICTIOON.

Due to golds ability as an electrical conductor ,in the year of the gold (2012 ) finding this precious metal will be much easier.
Due to the large influx of UFO's at this time it will contribute to the earth containing a very large electrical charge and affect all gold still locked away in the soil. this will cause all gold to project a vertical blue beam of light approximately six feet out and above the ground , so finding nuggets will best be done at nightime.The unfortunate side effects of such large electrical earth fields is that some dead creatures will go through a phase of temporay animation and residents living in proximity to graveyards must install dead ppl earth grounding devices to all boundary fences.Apparently whacko Jackos revival concert is scheduled for the later part of 2012 with special guest Elvis.At this time the the pole shift will cause the Earth to flip 180 degrees making everything that was upright upside down, but bunnings has reverse flow taps and sink plugs to cover any such event.In fact bunnings is your one stop store for all earth changing events, but I cannot pre order any such items as they will not be stocked before march of 2012 due to lead times for manufacturing etc..Im a good scout so I like to be prepared for such events and have pre ordered a turkey for christmas 2012 cos I am anticipating a nice Northern hemisphere winter with snow and am preparing for a traditional white christmas instead of a normal summer stinking hot one where my main meal is normally take away KFC with the salad option...mmm I can taste the Rum pudding already.

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Actually Vb4meta gold is not a good conductor at all so the blue beam will only go 18". It is the silver that will go 6 feet.

AND I will have a vb4me2

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 am

Just go detecting at night.

But make sure u have your aluminum home made foil hat on! To block out the reminants of any of the suns electromagnetic field still lurking about!!!

The foil hats are also good from hiding from surveillance satellites as you appear as a BBQ plate in the Bush on satellite images.

Old SAS bush trick i learn't a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:16 am

Solar flares and magnetic pulses from the sun have messed up radio communication and electronically controlled power grids in the past and they will continue to do so.
Because we are living in a computer controlled everything age the disruptions will likely be more severe which could see aircraft fall from the sky, cars stop dead in their tracks stock exchanges fail, hospital equipment fail or malfunction. It is the high voltages generated in electronic equipment by the magnetic pulses from the sun as well as the effect of very high energy atomic and cosmic particles, rays and electric fields passing through this equipment. Generally the earth is well shielded from these particles and radiation from minor flares, but the super bigguns get through to us and because we are computer controlled now, the effects of these flares is going to be much more noticeable and widespread.
Predicting when a flare will occur is just a stab in the dark. A thousand people could make a prediction and some would chose different days and years and if a flare occurs on one of the predicted days that person would say 'see, I told you so". If enough people fire each a scatter gun into the air, someone is bound to hit something and that someone would say, " I was aiming at that"
Aircraft are reasonably shielded from EMPs but they have various radio and radar antennae that can be affected by external EMFs and electric fields that would allow high voltage surges to enter the Aircrafts elec systems.

Cheers,
Adrian SS

Last edited by Adrian SS on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  harryopal Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:43 pm

The NASA web site says this:

Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?
A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

Yours tropically, Harry

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 am

Not much point in forecasting the end of the world, afterall, when there is nobody left alive then who can praise the forecaster, nobody left to say, "Sh...t & bugger, looks like Joe got it right for a change" Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? - Page 2 500x_solarflareupclose
(FROM NASA re picture of sunspot 1112 above on October 17, 2010) "A vast filament of magnetism is cutting across the sun's southern hemisphere, measuring about 400,000 km. A bright 'hot spot' just north of the filament's midpoint is UV radiation from sunspot 1112. The proximity is no coincidence; the filament appears to be rooted in the sunspot below. If the sunspot flares, it could cause the entire structure to erupt. But so far, none of the flares has destabilized the filament."

Oh don't you folks worry, NASA is scared as heck about the consequences of a massive solar eruption and they assure us it will happen. Predicting when and where is the only impossibility.

"...now NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) are both warning that the sun may be entering a violent cycle—a period of intense activity that has not been seen by humans for almost 150 years. ...The last massive cycle that occurred in 1859 brought catastrophe and caused telegraph lines around the US to burst into flames. All of this is a possibility heaped on top of the most precarious economic environment the world has experienced since the 1930s. Tens of millions of unemployed workers...will never work again."

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? - Page 2 52300
NASA have spent many of Millions of dollars launching a fleet of special satellites to study the sun and its eruptions. The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), the twin STEREO probes, ACE, Wind and others are on duty 24/7. NASA physicists use data from these missions to understand the underlying physics of flares and geomagnetic storms; personnel at NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center use the findings, in turn, to hone their forecasts. Since 1996, the vigilant Soho spacecraft has been watching the sun continuously and without pause.

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? - Page 2 Interdependency
An image from Homeland Security shows how everything in the world today (especially in the USA) is interconnected these days. This image has been hotlinked directly from NASA's Spaceweather webpage.

It will happen eventually. And we are FAR more susceptible to it this time around than ever before. And the reason they belive this storm will be more severe is that UNLIKE the solar maximus that occurs every ten years when the sun roars back to life, the coming solar super-storm is anticipated to be stronger than any before it that we've seen so far, including the storm that hit the earth in 1859.

To quote the Washington Post:
"...After the solar blast all most communication will fail; power will fail. Cities will be left without light, water and food will run out. Civil unrest will become rampant as society collapses in a matter of days. The US federal and state governments will be hard-pressed to restore order amongst 300 million people as mass starvation begins and sources of potable water dwindle."

In the recent article titled, "NASA warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation" The Daily Telegraph illustrates the step-by-step destruction of the first world countries.

Among all the countries with exposure to the solar devastation, the United States is the most susceptible.

As The Daily Telegraph writes, "National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power ... "

Experts on the sun are very concerned as they see the sun awaking from its unusually long slumber with a violence unseen for generations. That violence could be in the form of mammoth magnetic storms. Those storms hitting the Earth will be like a giant's fist slamming into the fragile electronic technology that runs the world. Hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis pale by comparison.

“We know it is coming but we don’t know how bad it is going to be,” Dr Richard Fisher, the director of NASA's Heliophysics division, said in an interview with The Daily Telegraph. “It will disrupt communication devices such as satellites and car navigation, air travel, the banking system, our computers, everything that is electronic. It will cause major problems for the world. “

The NASA scientist and his European counterparts are very concerned that no government has taken steps to protect the infrastructure. Time has almost run out and the worst case scenario would catapult the world from the 21st Century to the 19th Century in the blink of an eye.

“Systems will just not work. The flares change the magnetic field on the earth that is rapid and like a lightning bolt. That is the solar affect,” Fisher added."

Of course, they might all be completely wrong.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:57 pm

a little off topic. there's a good dvd box set released not long ago from the history channel from austar/foxtel, its called "earth without people"(thinks that the name as i don't have it in front of me atm). basically, it's about what would happen to structures, plant & animal life if every single human just vanished from the planet tomorrow. it has experts from most fields giving their views in documentary style & also lots of cgi footage.
apparently, series 2 will be out late this or early next year on dvd. can't wait ! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Pic 1112 is a very neat photo, X ray pic I think? looks like the sun is about to give birth........ Hang on that was on the 17 Oct, I guess it was a false alarm Very Happy.

having all that technology out there looking at the sun aint gunna help much if she blows, the satelites would be knocked out long before they could get a warning sig to us and as far as getting enough warning in time enough to take steps to protect our infrastructure and electronic gadgetry??? Exactly what steps could we take? I guess we could stick up a realy big umbrella to protect us from all those magnetic Umbras and Penumbras. switching stuff off isn't going to help much. I spose we could all go undeground. hey! Our arch enemies in the middle East would be ok coz they have lots of caves and tunnels they can crawl into. Suspect clown...........Hang on!! again! who would send them a warning?? Not I, said the spider to the fly Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Diggerjack,
I think we can be certain that if all human life became extinct the planet would thrive as it did for millions of years prior to the emergence of man.
Even Big G admitted that he stuffed up by creating man. (Old testament; genesis 6:1-11:32) but then allowed Noah to con him into letting mankind survive. (big Mistake, Huge)

Last edited by Adrian SS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

for anybody interested in checking out the current happenings on the sun.-

http://spaceweather.com/

the sunspot number 1112 of a couple of weeks back, has been right around the sun and is now back again as number 1121, and is crackling with energy. a very dangerous period coming up over the next couple of weeks.

PANTHER - did you know that Mr Z Sitchin died recently? in recent times, a south african by name of michael tellenger, (you can find him on google) is bringing to light, all the physical remains of the sumarian culture, their old gold mines, and all the connecting dots to the sitchin information. i too have dug deep into religion and all its ramifications. a webb site that has a unlimited supply of thought provoking information that you wont find in the mass media, history channels, etc. can be read for free at ;-

http://projectcamelotportal.com/

most people wont expose themselves to this stuff. it stems from FEAR and a sense of helplessness.
but you wont get past that fear unless you educate yourself. best of luck to everybody ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Thought I would take a gander at ole Sol to see for myself what all the fuss is about, so I dragged the scope out of mothballs and had a geek; Well sorry to say but I have seen more action in a campfire in a flooded creek on a rainy day. She aint gunna blow any time soon Sad Although the three main Coronal holes that I could see are likely to be connected to each other and the X-ray and uv emmission from these areas appears very high. affraid

Last edited by Adrian SS on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Sorry about the delay in reply kevlorraine2. Selling house and family arriving from up north slowd me down. Yeah, I think I am fairly aware of most sites. I watch some and dismiss others. Maybe nothing will happen, but I personally don't believe that will be the case. There is too much evidence and too many websites been closed down for presenting that evidence. I just believe that people should keep an open mind and watch for any strange events that may help them recognise the signs of change. But then, most people don,t like change so it will be interesting from a spectator point of view when they all start howling. How many people here are aware that the sea floor suddenly rose over 30 meters in 2 weeks east of Rockhampton? But they shut that info off the web as quickly as they could. But then nothing like that could happen could it? Fact is, it did.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 pm

G/Day panther,
30 mtrs is a fair lift.
What area was raised? Was it in deep water? (On or outside the Continental shelf??) How far off the coast? When and exactly where (lat/long)did this happen?

Last edited by Adrian SS on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:50 pm

yep curious too.

Funny thing about the net...once you post a picture of your dick or a picture of your bum tattoo it's impossible to get rid of and floats about the web forever...But life altering events? nope posted one minute and gone the next..never to be seen again and only ever seen by the same people who spot Elvis and know what really goes on at area 52...go figure!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

We had a mini world altering event last night; Bloody lightning whacked into the back yard so hard it set me flippin earthquake alarm off Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:44 pm

madtuna wrote:and only ever seen by the same people who spot Elvis and know what really goes on at area 52...go figure!

Will your metal detector still work after 2012? - Page 2 Large

What a coincidence. I've been waiting 15 years for an excuse to post this picture! Courtesy of a trip to Washington in 1994 and a copy of Photoshop v3.0.

nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:52 am

Wow is that a young Elvis self portrait? The guy in the back ground looks like young George Bush about to be sucked up into a flying saucer. Shocked This photo is worth a fortune and is nearlly as good as some video footage I saw on Youtube some time back of a ghost or Yowie or whatever it was. affraid lol! Where do you drag these things up Marco, they're brilliant.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:......The guy in the back ground looks like young George Bush
JP
Well im glad thats been sorted, I thought it was Woody Allan. Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:49 am

Speaking of Bushs'.
I watched one of the baseball World Series games last week and there were Bush Snr and Bush Jnr with respective spouses sitting in the front row (the game was in Texas of course).
I've never seen a pair of sorry-arses like it. I couldn't stop laughing. Jnr looked like he was on valium and Snr looked like he was on Mars.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:56 pm

You are spot on the money there Harryopal. I think Nero enjoys scaring the crap out of us.
We were all supposed to be doomed back in 2000 also.
Nero is heap bad Medicine Man affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Adrianss. I tried to find the link but it happened about 2 -3 months ago in the Coral Sea near some Islands between Rockhampton and Noumea. They are a couple of hundred klms out I believe. Can't remember their name. A tsunami buoy that registers the height between the seafloor and the surface is where the info came from and at the time the seafloor was still rising. The info from that tsunami buoy (monitoring station) was removed from the Tsunami warning website as soon as word started to spread about it.
It is interesting that NZ has suffered such large earthquakes so soon afterward. It appears that there is movement from Indonesia right down through to NZ. Don't expect Govt. to warn you of anything.
Now to stir up the doubters again.... Why would the Govt be ordering 30,000 (Thirty thousand) army field kitchens?
Do you think maybe they know something big is going to happen.
I can understand maybe 100 field kitchens, but 30,000??? No. I won't disclose my source.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:20 pm

What a sight it would be if all the scoria cones in victoria blew their tops all of a sudden,

but the single biggest threat to man at the moment is if h1n1 and h5n1 combine, recent test have confirmed people who have died carried both types of influenza, bird flu kills above 50% of those infected but at the moment is not capable of spreading easy between humans, then theres swine flu not that deadly below 10% but is easy to transmit between humans, So what happens if they mutate in one of these host carrying both types of virus, do you think anyone will say anything before its already here.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Vb4meta Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Some nice piccys of the sun there and if the world ends tomorrow will I get to kiss my arse goodbye before the sun does..?? me thinks not.
Toyota diesels will still run during a severe electrical storm but apparently petrol engines wont, same thing in a nuke blast I am lead to believe too..

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Vb4meta wrote:Some nice piccys of the sun there and if the world ends tomorrow will I get to kiss my arse goodbye before the sun does..?? me thinks not.
Toyota diesels will still run during a severe electrical storm but apparently petrol engines wont, same thing in a nuke blast I am lead to believe too..

But you'll be out of fuel soon enough. The petrol pumps require electricity to operate. And all the gas tank drivers will be too busy trying to save their loved ones from the anarchy to do their assigned deliveries. Same as the police. Worst Case Scenario: NASA's feared solar storm hits us for 6 seconds and fries everything. With no electronic devices operating anywhere for generations, it'll be just like a zombie apocalypse! Whoohoo!

Best case scenario, I get to eat cheeseburgers and use a toaster and an air-conditioner for a few more years.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:06 pm

yep, i too followed the story about the sea floor rising until it was wiped from the internet.
ongoing - keep em ignorant - process.
have to agree with you PANTHER most people dont want to know about this sort of stuff, interfers with their drinking time, or tv viewing time, so they dont keep their eyes or minds open, but remain in blisfull ignorance.
always been that way, and it wont change.
what information you expose yourself to, you can accept or throw away, but its a waste of time telling anybody else about it, in the hope they will take it on board or check it out. they have to have that desire from within themselves.
a mate many years back summed it all up for me - all is not as it seems - says it all ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next