Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX metal detector wireless

2 posters

Go down

GPX metal detector wireless Empty GPX metal detector wireless

Post  goldquest Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi all, I was considering the idea of buying the lightweight batteries that I have seen on eBay to make my GPX 5000 wireless, because I don't like wearing the harness, so I posted a message on the forum and thanks to the suggestion of a member (Camms 4500 ), I could do it using the original battery Minelab, I didn't want to risk damaging the metal detector with batteries that don't know and after all are very expensive.
Everything I needed was a 35cm long power lead and a box cover with side pocket for the battery.
This is the result:
GPX metal detector wireless Img_0415
GPX metal detector wireless Img_0416
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

GPX metal detector wireless Empty Re: GPX metal detector wireless

Post  rc62burke Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi Goldquest
That looks good, BUT I tried the side mount thing with my battery which is a wireless system & much lighter than the minelab battery, I found that it provided alot of sideways twist which caused alot of forearm fatigue ( I'm 38 & fit ) I changed it to mount the battery underneath the control box, which works great & gives good balance & no problem to swing all day with a 20" coil.
Can I suggest from experience that you give a good test at home before you get out in the field.
Hope this helps a little.
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

GPX metal detector wireless Empty Re: GPX metal detector wireless

Post  goldquest Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:14 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi Goldquest
That looks good, BUT I tried the side mount thing with my battery which is a wireless system & much lighter than the minelab battery, I found that it provided alot of sideways twist which caused alot of forearm fatigue ( I'm 38 & fit ) I changed it to mount the battery underneath the control box, which works great & gives good balance & no problem to swing all day with a 20" coil.
Can I suggest from experience that you give a good test at home before you get out in the field.
Hope this helps a little.
Lee

Hi rc62burke, thank you for the suggestion, I tried the setup all day monday, but because I am not 38 and fit Very Happy, I have to use the hipstick and helps a lot with the extra weight.
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down