Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS

+2
getascripter
rohana
6 posters

Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS

Post  rohana Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:18 pm

I would like to introduce the MD to the forum, it has to be the most futuristic MD that I have seen so far, it weighs about 900 gms ,is made in France and can be bought from a dealer in the usa for about $1900.00 I would like to know if any of our dealers will be selling it. I read about a broche being found in the UK with it .It was shown on a website which is called the Minelab Owners., scroll to a medieval broche being found and you will see a photo of it in that article, the reviews on the machine are very positive, I hope GD researches it some more and sets asside a page for it.

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty Re: WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS

Post  rohana Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm

fencejumper wrote:if you want to see one or more info...the prospectors patch in wa have them
cheers
Thanks Mate , however it is a bit dearer there, maybe they will get more affordable as they become known?????

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty XP DEUS

Post  rohana Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:06 pm

I cant believe there is NO interest in this detector, it appears to be as good as anything that is on the market at the moment, so its expensive, so is Minelab. it only weighs 900 grams thats got to be a bonus, from the reviews I think it must be the best thing since sliced bread, read some of the reviews why dont you then maybe you will change your minds.DONT SAY i DIDNT TELL YOU!!!!!

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty Re: WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS

Post  rohana Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:32 pm

fencejumper wrote:hi rohana
what reveiws??....are there reveiws from people using it in australia? as reveiws from over seas mean nothing in australia for our conditions.
any chance of a link or address to where your talking about?
cheers fencejumper
Hi There , I would not know about reviews here yet as there is only one seller in wa who stocks this machine and he has NO STOCK yet, as for there conditions being different in USa well of course they are. Do you realise that when you go detecting here in OZ the conditions are never the same either so that is not really an argument.If you type into Google XP DEUS REVIEWS you will find lots if you open any american forum you will find lots and I have never read a negative one yet so I am happy to take other users word for it try this link and look for 14th century GOLD BROCHE SEE WHAT YOU find the guy who found it was using this machine. minelab owners community website. type in mlotv.com

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty xp wireless detector

Post  rohana Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello again I know what your trying to get at but you are talking about whites which does not work I am talking about the XP DEUS which up to now is working perfectly everywhere it has been tried, when someone in whatever country gets on to this forum and says it doesnt work then I will take notice of what is said, dont be so keen to knock it without trying it first or reading what others have said.

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty XP DEUS WIRELESS DETECTOR

Post  rohana Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 pm

No I dont know much about the machine yet but I have one arriving wednesday, but as for knowing anything about Australian conditions I dont profess to but I have only been detecting here since 1970 and have used the following machines Sovereign TESORO GOLDEN SABRE. FISHER .WHITES.MINELAB EXPLORER. COMPADRE, GOLDEN UMAX. VAQUERO, GARRETT.and last but not least XP DEUS and I am still learning about Australian conditions. I have however detected in the USA. UK. and of course here in OZ and at 83 years old I still have a lot to learn. regards.

Last edited by rohana on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:02 pm

G'day rohana ... I'm Kate. Nice to meet you Very Happy

I'm almost 60 ... so nice to meet you DOUBLY!!

I've got an old Minelab SD2000 and a new X-Terra 705 Gold Pack. I LOVE my old SD. It's been modded 3 times, so it's probably quite a few models 'up' from it's original status. And on the quiet, it's by far and away my favourite machine.

I must admit, I'm not a Minelab model snob! The GPX5000 is a wonderful machine, and probably the best on the market anywhere ... but we can't all afford over $6500 for what amounts to a 'hobby' for 95% of users. That's a LOT of having to find gold in the first 2-3yrs of ownership of that model. If you haven't covered your expenses in the first 2-3yrs of purchasing a product, you've made a bad business decision! That's just the facts! Ask the Taxation Office pale

If your finances are such that $6500 plus is quite an easy transaction, then 'Fine'! That's just 'lucky you', or 'great financial planning during your working life'! I'm not there yet!! And neither are a lot of other 'detectorists'.

Would I like a GPX5000? ... You betcha!! But until I have found enough gold to pay for it, it will have to wait for me on the shelf lol!

If you are happy with the model or brand that you have purchased, I say 'Good on yer, mate!' Hope we meet up out on the gold fields for a good chat and a cuppa (or something a little stronger Very Happy )
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:31 pm

LOLOLOL lol! Point taken fencejumper Very Happy

My main point was to say 'G'day' to rohana, and welcome her to the forum.
My secondary point was to make a new lady friend of my own (sort of) age group.

And I am very keen to hear how her new detector does perform here in Australia. I too have not heard of anyone else with one of these machines, and so I think rohana's reports will be very interesting, particularly given her vast international experience with a good variety of other brands of detectors.

I'm really rather excited, in an 'interest' kind of way!
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rohana Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Just to put the record straight, ROHANA is a mans name and I most certainly will be keeping this forum updated re my experiences with the DEUS.other machines which I had forgotten about Tesoro Cutlass, Whites eagle spectrum,Minelab exterra, I dont want them to go unnoticed,all the best.Bryan

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Oooops! Now my face has gone TEN shades of RED Embarassed

I'm sorry ... I just took rohana as female ... I already know a 'Rohanna' ... Duh!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sorry Bryan ... still happy to share a cuppa ... or something a little stronger ... on the gold fields! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rohana Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Last comment on this subject until I have more info.I have always been happy to listen and learn from others and to offer advice when I had some to give, many years ago I discovered that KOSS EARPHONES are it and a bit for giving good signals I then passed on that info to MINELAB who I am glad to say took my advice and adopted them, so much so that I believe that they supply them with most of their machines, secondly I have discoverd a very good breed of batteries called HYBRID or pre-charged batteries, one in particular is SANYO eneloop which I use in most of my machines, the reason being that they do not have any memory and last the longest of any battery that I know.If you have a digital camera of any kind these batteries will just keep you snapping away all day, they are very affordable on the bay and can be quick charged in about 2 hours, and yes I have informed Minelab about them but they dont seem to have taken the advice onboard yet, take the advice of a wise old man and get some you wont regret it.Thanks to you all for your comments, the greatest tip that I can give is "be kind to your Mother" regards. Bryan

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm

rohana wrote: No I dont know much about the machine yet but I have one arriving wednesday, but as for knowing anything about Australian conditions I dont profess to but I have only been detecting here since 1970 and have used the following machines Sovereign TESORO GOLDEN SABRE. FISHER .WHITES.MINELAB EXPLORER. COMPADRE, GOLDEN UMAX. VAQUERO, GARRETT.and last but not least XP DEUS and I am still learning about Australian conditions. I have however detected in the USA. UK. SRi-lanka and of course here in OZ and at 83 years old I still have a lot to learn. regards.

Hi mate I can't wait to see your comments after taking it out to the gold fields
I reckon you might be onto a good thing
But it still won't let us know if it will handle the highly mineralised ground that my 45 and sd and gmt can't handle( without me buying one) Crying or Very sad

Cause if it can handle some of the ground my 45 won't on low gains
I WANT Twisted Evil
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mogy Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:06 am

Hi all Ive been running an XP Goldmax for a few years (UK) now and wondered why they were never promoted in Australia , they are very good on really small targets cut quarters and alike but they do seem to like bits of carbon and so ended up wondering if the very mineralised ground there would just overwhelm it .

mogy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Still waiting to hear how Rohana went with the Deus...what's the report mate?
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

WIRELESS METAL DETECTOR CALLED THE XP DEUS Empty UPDATE ON THE XP DEUS

Post  rohana Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Imadogman wrote:Still waiting to hear how Rohana went with the Deus...what's the report mate?
THe good news is this update on the above, as yet I have not had the chance to try the xp in the vic goldfields however knowing how good this machine responds to other targets I have been carrying out an extensive search to see if it will work in mineralised ground, I contacted a great guy in The Prospectors Patch in WA who are the XP Deus dealers here in Australia and asked him the question of how will it perform here to which he replied I am preparing a programme which will enable the XP to at least work in mineralised ground and this programme will be available around Xmas you can then add it to the list which if it works will put the XP up there with machines of this price range which are sadly too bloody heavy to carry, if you know what I mean!!! oneill

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dude Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 am

Are there any news about the DEUS out in the goldfields ? These machines have very good reputation over here in germany..... If it can handle ironstone country to some point, i would bring one as a second/backup unit.....

Cheers, from 17000 ks away !

Dude
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 am

Dude wrote:Are there any news about the DEUS out in the goldfields ? These machines have very good reputation over here in germany..... If it can handle ironstone country to some point, i would bring one as a second/backup unit.....

Cheers, from 17000 ks away !

there no good in aussie goldfields....
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm

The Deus has been around a short while and is very advanced. It is not in the same league as the ML PIs on the gold fields and does not like extreme high iron minerals, like most VLF machines. It has 4 operating frequencies (I think) and is an excellent coin,relic detector. I believe it has an 4khz freq as the lowest frequency but I am not sure just how well this low freq will be on salt beaches? Not as good I suspect as a salt beach dedicated PI such as the Infinium, Seahunter,Sand Shark, the Dual field. Overall a nice machine but don't sell yer GPXs if ut's gold yer after.

Just an opinion based not so much on knowledge of the machine but on knowledge of how tectors werk Rolling Eyes Smile

Back to top Go down