Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

corona virus crisis and detecting

+39
planetcare
adrian ss
PeterInSa
llanbric
piston broke
dundiggin
philip.j.thompson
bicter
AnnieL
Sharkbait
treasureworld
GPZhunter
goldnomad
ruffles
flouro
xmas tree
TuronYellowFever
Hotrocks
Slavitoooo
Redfin
Alan WA
rockhunter62
boobook
tony p
Nightjar
deutran
keogh
Axtyr
Grandfather Johnson
GemQ
mbasko
goldmuss78
thegoldman24
Mechanic
joe82
golden oldy
Reg Wilson
straight wire
yellowmellow
43 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 12 Empty end of lockdown detecting

Post  treasureworld Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Just received my new 4500 today, spent all of 15 minutes testing it and swung about for an extra 3 minutes over an old test patch....instantly got my
1st bit of gold, only .16gm, for many weeks. Even 3 minutes felt fantastic! I'll be back at it on the weekend woohoo cheers

treasureworld
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 12 Empty Re: corona virus crisis and detecting

Post  moredeep Wed May 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Q21  Q15
well done

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 12 Empty Re: corona virus crisis and detecting

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2020 9:04 am

Sleep

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon May 18, 2020 10:27 am

Faulty Dave?
Absolutely worthless, for those of us with our ancient phones! Q24
Samsung S5 released in 2014 (yes a staggering 6 years ago T10 ) will not accept the app.
Why don't the media investigate what this "expert" is being paid for this "flop." T22
Instead, of the rapes, murders, etc etc now the Covid is taking a back seat?

Don't you just love Netflix/Stan. T06

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Sleep

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Seems as if we are all becoming movie buffs again. I said to Chris, we usually only go to the flicks about every 6 months. (last one was to see Lasseter's Bones!)
Now, thanks to iview, sbs on demand, stan, netflix, we are at the movies everyday.....what about my exercise?
Always the wood heap is the quick reply. Crying or Very sad

Yes Dave, you are spot on re these border closures. You would have a very legit reason to be allowed free passage across to WA with active leases which are, after all, an Australian business enterprise.
We had a plan B about to be activated but I think the glue has melted on it too.
Can't help but think the PM looks just too smug on his media grabs, his big challenge is ahead with the Chinese. Unlike a previous, he doesn't quite look athletic enough for a "shirt fronting"! Embarassed

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon May 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Disapointed Qld is saying they won't open the border until they have two consecutive incubation periods free of covid. If they keep to that we will never see our family again. Stupid premier needs a wake up.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon May 18, 2020 7:04 pm

boobook wrote:what about my exercise?
Always the wood heap is the quick reply. Crying or Very sad

Michael,
Going to be cool, cold, freezing in Glen Innis soon, you'll need that extra firewood. Keep Chris nearby with the oilstone to keep an edge on the axe. Very Happy

Cheers, damn pity we won't catch up with you and D&V.
This West Aussie welcomes all Australians. Q31 T14 V11 Detecting Camera Camping Van

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Just filled out my Expenditure for last year and I hope they don’t expect me to do one for this year, as we can’t get over there and also the lease runs out next March.    V02    V19    V41   Pretty frustrating!!!!
We were looking foreword to catching up with you all as well Peter.  

Cheers.  

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Mon May 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Mike54 wrote:Just filled out my Expenditure for last year and I hope they don’t expect me to do one for this year, as we can’t get over there and also the lease runs out next March.    V02    V19    V41   Pretty frustrating!!!!
We were looking foreword to catching up with you all as well Peter.  

Cheers.  

Mike.

Gosh, agree that must be terribly frustratingly.   pale  QLD govt. not keen to open the border yet, particularly worried about NSW.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Tue May 19, 2020 8:34 am

granite2 wrote:Disapointed Qld is saying they won't open the border until they have two consecutive incubation periods free of covid. If they keep to that we will never see our family again. Stupid premier needs a wake up.

For Qlders the border closure into NSW isn't much of a problem.
The way the rules work is that if you are an "exempt Resident" you can apply online for a reentry permit and off you go, so long as you haven't visited one of the designated Covid hotspots.
So if you are concerned about getting to see your family, they can always come visit you from QLD.

https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/border-closing
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Tue May 19, 2020 9:53 am

We cannot get exemption to visit Qld and our family members are scattered from Mossman to Brisbane. Plus they have families and work so they cannot get away. And we live in SA and our borders are closed as well to other states. We will just have to wait. We had thought we could head up to Tibooburra and wait but even the Common is closed there as well as the caravan park. Unfortunately it is just hurry up and wait. But thank you for your advice.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 am

If you stop and think about it, "why do we need borders?" Reading Map
We are all Australians and don't require a line drawn in the sand and a notice saying "Cross here at your peril!" T34
Maybe, it comes down to, "look at me, look at me?"

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am

It all began as colonies and morphed into states. Then the state politicians built their own little fifedoms. You are right, WE don't need states or borders but the pillows reckon they do so they can have the money and power that goes with the job. Now, with the ways we have to instantly communicate it might be time to once more look at getting rid of borders and state politicians.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 am

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Tue May 19, 2020 4:33 pm

granite2 wrote:We cannot get exemption to visit Qld and our family members are scattered from Mossman to Brisbane. Plus they have families and work so they cannot get away. And we live in SA and our borders are closed as well to other states. We will just have to wait. We had thought we could head up to Tibooburra and wait but even the Common is closed there as well as the caravan park. Unfortunately it is just hurry up and wait. But thank you for your advice.

Jim,
Thanks for the Tibooburra information. If we're fortunate, the recreational travel restriction in NSW will be relaxed soon, preferably before our planned trip in August.
Also hope it wont become a tit for tat between Anna and Gladys.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Yes If NSW opens up before Vic for camping we will probably be at Tibooburra as well, but not in the caravan park as to me it will be wall to wall Detector operators in caravans/onsite accommodation, especially with WA still out of bounds as well.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue May 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Txt removed.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  philip.j.thompson Tue May 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Yes absolute bull. QLDer flock into northern NSW n no reciprocality. Looks like Gladys will open up NSW for travel June 1. If so watch the nomads, and we are them , fly, but still pissed at the states with lockdowns

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 12 Empty RE: corona virus crisus and detecting

Post  dundiggin Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 am

I know this will sound like a wet blanket but what do we value most? Visiting loved ones aand friends or keeping free of covid 19 and a possible visit to the undertaker?? Without restrictions a situation similar to the Spanish Flue of the 1918-1920 is very likely.. The more people gather together the greater the spread of the virus cos as yet no vaccine is available to control or diminish covid 19.. Individually we may have escaped the pandemic but flocking together does not mean we can stay that way. I appreciate that finding gold is a helluva attraction as is giving ageing mum a hug n kiss and those activities have a greater chance of continueing if we be patient, put up with expert science, obey regulations (even when we think they're stupid) and stay out of reach of the grim reaper's sythe.. Death is fairly permanent.. V11 dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Wed May 20, 2020 10:05 am

Actually we find the search to be more important than the finding of gold. And being out in the desert is self isolation at its best. Gold is the thing of least value to be found in the desert. As for death being FAIRLY permanent???🙄😃☹
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Wed May 20, 2020 11:07 am

Scary stuff from the Grey Nomad Forum below, don't know how true it is, but if it is, I definitely don't want the virus or a ventilator ( unless its happens), especially the 40% muscle mass loss. Talking to my sister last week when she had a cancer scare, I suggested she put on some weight to help her thru bad times, but she is one that seems to burn the weight off with her activities.

"The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks... for those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work....

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines. Ventilation for COVID-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.

It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.

The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive.

The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.

After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu.

Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA's and MA's to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.

Anyone want to try all that out?

Then stay home!

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 pm

As from June 1st you will be able to camp and detect in NSW. whoopee, Tibooburra here we come. At least now we will have something to do while we wait for pallachuk to open the Qld borders. We love just being out there in the desert country it is a very special place for us.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 pm

Here in Perth, we can't go to the Northern or Eastern goldfields. V58
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

corona virus crisis and detecting - Page 12 Empty RE: corona virus crisis and detecting

Post  dundiggin Thu May 21, 2020 10:04 pm

From reading a nurse's description of being on a ventilator it must be miles worse than the boogee.. I'm staying home!!!! dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:30 am

After the last BLM protests the Corona virus has run rampant in Victoria (Melbourne)and yet these brain dead morons are planning another protest this weekend in Sydney
I heard one of these morons say "What is a few lives lost to Corona v if it will stop black deaths in prison".
I wonder if that creature would say the same thing if it was his/her brother or sister of mother or father who had died from the corona virus that he gave to them after contracting it through the protest marches.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Nightjar and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:04 am

adrian ss wrote:After the last BLM protests the Corona virus has run rampant in Victoria (Melbourne)and yet these brain dead morons are planning another protest this weekend in Sydney
I heard one of these morons say "What is a few lives lost to Corona v if it will stop black deaths in prison".
I wonder if that creature would say the same thing if it was his/her brother or sister of mother or father who had died from the corona virus that he gave to them after contracting it through the protest marches.

Their is no  significant evidence that the BLM protests contributed to the present Corona virus outbreak in Vic.  However any large gatherings are not a smart move at the present time.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:36 am

planetcare wrote:
Their is no  significant evidence that the BLM protests contributed to the present Corona virus outbreak in Vic.  However any large gatherings are not a smart move at the present time.

Which planet did you say you are from???

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:01 am

About two weeks ago the surgeon general stated that most of the people who had the virus in the lock owned buildings had been to the March about a month ago. Why did he change his story?
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next