What Is Happening To Garrett?

Go down

What Is Happening To Garrett? Empty What Is Happening To Garrett?

Post  adrian ss on Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:09 pm

So what is happening to Garrett metal detectors? They seem to be stagnating and have not come out with  great detector since the ATX, and even that was based around the Infinium and a mine detector.
Maybe their hobby hand held metal detector manufacture is going the way of Tesoro? pale affraid
Also Whites and Fisher have become a bit boring although the Whites BH TDI and the TDI PR OZ are good if you like beach hunting. The TDI OZ does a fair job in the gold fields.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

What Is Happening To Garrett? Empty Re: What Is Happening To Garrett?

Post  Sharkbait on Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Adrian,i think this is their latest offering Rolling Eyes Probably something similar to the Minelab Equinox series?

https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_max_intl_main_en.aspx
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 pm

Trouble is it is still a single frequency machine and a tricked up version of the AT Pro and AT Gold. Nothing new really.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:19 pm

By the looks of it, a major stagnation across the board of most metal detecting companies Adrian Shocked  All that's been showing up in the last few years is based more around cosmetic changes to past technology, than innovation towards more powerful new concepts. Alas, detecting technology has all but hit rock bottom Shocked Sad

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:24 am

I think you are correct Kon.
Even the trendy coin and relic machines with tricky visual displays still have limited discriminating ability that is really not much better than some of my old VLf TR machines. Detectors like the Equinox are good but really not much better than my Sov XS and Safari. My Whites 6000 DI Pro and 6000 DI Series 3 each have an excellent analogue discrimination display that is very very accurate and the disc display operates in the GB All Metal mode. These tactas are ancient.
I guess there is only so much info you can extract from a magnetic wave and eddy currents aye. We need a new detection concept.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum