Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V"

5 posters

Go down

Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V" Empty Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V"

Post  Sharkbait Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:12 pm

G'day all..looks like exciting times ahead for the lucky ones travelling overseas,if this concept gets off the ground Razz

www.tudelft.nl/en/ae/flying-v/
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V" Empty Re: Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V"

Post  joe82 Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:05 am

spoofy looking plane not for me though I like terrafirma a lot less terra and a lot firma hehe but to those who fly should be a good thing

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V" Empty Re: Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V"

Post  adrian ss Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Looks as aerodynamic as a brick. Wonder how it would go on just one engine??......Straight down probably.
They will be able to kill twice as many people in a crash
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Fancy looking no doubt, but not fast enough. Since we're still a little far from harnessing/controlling the use of electromagnetic force, as a means of propulsion through air or space travel, I'll settle for the next best thing in way of flight "Hypersonics".

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:25 am

Kon61gold wrote:Fancy looking no doubt, but not fast enough. Since we're still a little far from harnessing/controlling the use of electromagnetic force, as a means of propulsion through air or space travel, I'll settle for the next best thing in way of flight "Hypersonics".

Cheers Kon. T25

You're right about the speed factor Kon..I will always wonder how things would've progressed had Concorde not come to a tragic end Rolling Eyes

KLM are actually interested in this new design,so will be interesting to see if something develops,or just ends up in the bin under the drawing board T10
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 am

Sharkbait wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:Fancy looking no doubt, but not fast enough. Since we're still a little far from harnessing/controlling the use of electromagnetic force, as a means of propulsion through air or space travel, I'll settle for the next best thing in way of flight "Hypersonics".

Cheers Kon. T25

You're right about the speed factor Kon..I will always wonder how things would've progressed had Concorde not come to a tragic end Rolling Eyes

KLM are actually interested in this new design,so will be interesting to see if something develops,or just ends up in the bin under the drawing board T10

Concord was a bloody marvel and I was fortunate enough to get a look inside one.

Yes it had some probs but they were far from unsolvable.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Off Topic...The future of airline travel? "The Flying V" Empty RE: Off topic... The future of air travel? "The flying V"

Post  dundiggin Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Human kind being as inventive as all get out won't stop at "V" cos there are 25 other letters in the alphabet.. lol! dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down