Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

+13
Troopy
peterinaust
coreytroy
goldstrijk
rc62burke
goldquest
Qld Sandy
Digginerup
GoldHound
spinna
Jonathan Porter
bundy06
kevlorraine2
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: "Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

Post  goldquest Fri May 15, 2015 12:57 pm

[quote="rc62burke"][quote="Qld Sandy"]Can someone point to where the words "all terrain" were allegedly used in the original thread?
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21593-correct-harness-set-up
[/quote]

Peter
That's was a miss quote from me "Sorry About that"
this is the statement which is contained in a post above in this thread,

[b]" How much money are prepared to waged that you can swing zed with thumb and fingers regardless of terrain?

UTBNSeasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts:  183
Registration date:  2011-01-01

View user profile Send private message "[/b][/quote]

I suggest you to read the post properly before trying to counteract another fellow member suggestion, and why this two fingers are so important to you, use three use four use how many fingers you like, apparently other members, including me, find this method very effective.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: "Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Ok lee. I have stated I will take a video, which will show how I set up harnes and the ease I detect with. Now would you kindly nominate some grounds or terrain you wish to see me detect on? Please by all means whatever you like pal.
I did say thumb and fingers, plural, but if you would like just thumb and 'a' finger I will kindly do that just for you.
Ah what the heck Im gonna live life on the edge here and will say to you I will also swing zed on a terrain of my choosing without holding the handle at all. Ah impossible you say? Mr. Lee care to place a wager on that statement? Eh make it interesting.
Ah that's right you don't bet you only attack. But anyway the swinging of zed without holding the handle will show the stability of the correct set up and the ease you can use zed.
Filming will be done next week and hopefully uploaded asap

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm

UTBN wrote:Ok lee. I have stated I will take a video, which will show how I set up harnes and the ease I detect with. Now would you kindly nominate some grounds or terrain you wish to see me detect on? Please by all means whatever you like pal.
I did say thumb and fingers, plural, but if you would like just thumb and 'a' finger I will kindly do that just for you.
Ah what the heck Im gonna live life on the edge here and will say to you I will also swing zed on a terrain of my choosing without holding the handle at all. Ah impossible you say? Mr. Lee care to place a wager on that statement? Eh make it interesting.
Ah that's right you don't bet you only attack. But anyway the swinging of zed without holding the handle will show the stability of the correct set up and the ease you can use zed.
Filming will be done next week and hopefully uploaded asap

Hey UTBN

Like I said earlier "I apologise if I have caused you Aggravation" it was not the intention & yes I could have worded my post better.
I will be keen to have a look at your Vid, wherever it is done, I don't know anything about your area so it would be pointless for me to say where to go.
Without holding the handle on the "Right Terrain" is not impossible!!!! mate from my experience of any detector you need to grab a hold of that handle to control the swing in difficult terrain, pushing through long grass, through rocky creek beds, around wattle bushes & this mate is why I said it is misleading to say people could detect with ease, I hope you understand where I am coming from???

It was not meant as an attack but on review & due to me writing it quickly I can see how you took it as such, the only reason I ?? the actual set up was due to you saying the bit about brushing your chin on it, to me it seemed like this would get in the way when manoeuvring through the scrub & here is where the fundamental difference between us is!!!!!! up here we have scrubby areas & hilly terrain cut by many small rocky gullies, requiring a lot of control & lifting over obstacles, I am guessing your area is more open???

I found the best position for the J hook attachment for me was down at the top end of the lower shaft.

Good luck out there, do you use the swing arm? as by the pic it appears you don't??
I used it for about 10 mins but prefer to have 1 hand free to move branches & fallen timber.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Fri May 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi Lee
Most impressed with your latest post.
Showed a lot of balls IMHO.
I think we can all see where you were coming from as your detecting conditions are most probably vastly different to WA prospecting.
Perhaps we can now put this post to rest.
Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello lee thank you for your comment. Alls good fella. Yeah hopefully with a vid it will be made easier to understand what I'm trying to write. I'm certain it will help a number of people. I don't use the swing arm at all and have never tried using it. Anyway you never know you may try what I suggest or happy enough with how you set yours it was just an idea. Glad things are cleared up and thanks for members who stuck up for me too. I know I go against the grain at times but still do like helping people.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Fri May 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Geeze all this over a bungee lol!

I reckon youz av just gota harden up!

I would swing an anvil if it would find me more gold!
Preferebly an acme anvil lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Fri May 15, 2015 7:23 pm

T04  ....Look at you boys getting all warm n fuzzy  V07  Text is the easiest thing to be taken out of context, always good to see a simple matter resolved.... V01 Hug anyone?

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri May 15, 2015 7:23 pm

UTBN wrote:Hello lee thank you for your comment. Alls good fella. Yeah hopefully with a vid it will be made easier to understand what I'm trying to write. I'm certain it will help a number of people. I don't use the swing arm at all and have never tried using it. Anyway you never know you may try what I suggest or happy enough with how you set yours it was just an idea. Glad things are cleared up and thanks for members who stuck up for me too. I know I go against the grain at times but still do like helping people.

Cheers, good to have that cleaned up.

BTW I used my normal set up with Hip stick & bungee as I carry a day pack with water bladder & essentials & also carry my pick in a hammer holder (chippy belt type) on my left shoulder strap so I have my left arm free, the harness with the GPZ just does not suit my set up, I will have a look at the vid & try the bungee around the handle to see what it does.

Mate I always have a look at your posts & think you seem to be doing well for yourself, I just disagreed that's all.

Would be good to see a pick of that "Gold" you put up with an item as a reference for size, as it looks like a bit of a pile!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:18 pm

GOLDQUEST, 
You give us too much negative posts....... How about you take that negative feeling and turn it into a positive one with your posts........ V26

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat May 16, 2015 7:56 am

GoldHound wrote:Geeze all this over a bungee lol!

I reckon youz av just gota harden up!

Does that mean you're going to use a pooper scooper? Twisted Evil
V45
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat May 16, 2015 8:41 am

[quote="UNCLE BOB"]GOLDQUEST, 
You give us too much negative posts....... How about you take that negative feeling and turn it into a positive one with your posts........ V26[/quote]

You could not be more wrong, you better read again my posts, uncle bob, I am a positive person that love the Zed and appreciate when members try to help other members.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  coreytroy Sat May 16, 2015 8:48 am

I will look forward to the video, but i feel so UNCO in the harness.
Feel like my neck is forced forward, and feel very restricted with it on.

Heading to GT next month i will take the harness, but for now will swing free with no harness or bungy cord.
Time will tell if my arm pays the price for it.

coreytroy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat May 16, 2015 9:13 am

coreytroy wrote:I will look forward to the video, but i feel so UNCO in the harness.
Feel like my neck is forced forward, and feel very restricted with it on.

Heading to GT next month i will take the harness, but for now will swing free with no harness or bungy cord.
Time will tell if my arm pays the price for it.

Mate that is exactly what I felt when I tried on the harness which was adjusted for a bloke very similar to my build, when I fitted the plastic bridging piece between the shoulder straps & simulated digging a target this piece restricted my movement as it jammed into my bi-ceps when I reached forward to dig.

There is no way I could comfortably use the supplied harness as it is meant to be used, the most practical thing to use is a good quality "Back Pack" IMHO

Last edited by rc62burke on Sat May 16, 2015 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  coreytroy Sat May 16, 2015 10:22 am

rc62burke wrote:the most practical thing to use is a good quality "Back Pack" IMHO
I'll 2nd that V44

coreytroy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldstrijk Sat May 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Well it's peeing down here in Perth, so I thought I would do some maintenance on the detectors for the next trip to the Murchison in two weeks bounce
While I was at it, I thought, have a go at the bungy set up Jase suggested
I couldn't believe the difference it made, I will certainly be using this method, the balance and the ease of swinging the 7K was awesome and yes, you are able to swing with ya fingers because there is no weight involved
Thanks for your input Jase cheers

goldstrijk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  coreytroy Sat May 16, 2015 6:31 pm

goldstrijk wrote:the balance and the ease of swinging the 7K was awesome and yes, you are able to swing with ya fingers because there is no weight involved
I agree with the balance. But for me the total weight on the arm, is less of a issue than the contorting of the body i find with the harness.
I am rather tall, and even though i lengthened the harness back and extended the J strut components, still i feel uncomfortable.

Not ruling it out at a later date, i still like the freedom of swinging a deatector in one arm and balancing a pick over the shoulder in the other.

coreytroy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Sat May 16, 2015 6:32 pm

goldstrijk wrote:Well it's peeing down here in Perth, so I thought I would do some maintenance on the detectors for the next trip to the Murchison in two weeks bounce
While I was at it, I thought, have a go at the bungy set up Jase suggested
I couldn't believe the difference it made, I will certainly be using this method, the balance and the ease of swinging the 7K was awesome and yes, you are able to swing with ya fingers because there is no weight involved

I tried it today too and it works well. I didn't tie the not just looped around. Holds the 7K nice and stable.
Thanks for the idea Jase.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Sat May 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Iv'e set my pro swing/bungee up as per UTBN's advice and it works well, i don't find the pro swing restrictive at all even though i thought it would be.

I guess at the end of the day use what work's best for yourself, backpack, hipstick, hey i even saw a guy with using an old leather belt attached to his pants belt at the back and up over his shoulder and he was complaining about how heavy it was, another i know was complaining how heavy it was and refuses to use the pro swing or a bungee.

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Thank you my fellow prospecting friends. These wonderful comments have now given me a big head. (I know that's hard to believe) my Moldex head phones no longer fit.
This method shall now forever be known as the jase method. Hahaha carn guys just joking stop rolling your eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sun May 17, 2015 2:31 pm

I have just read these two pages and am flabbergasted.
Thank goodness we have a GPZ owners sub forum where I hope this video ends up.
Great tip btw Jase.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Been using the method Jase has described for a few days now after seeing his picture of the setup.

It makes swinging the 7000 a breeze.
"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion - Page 2 Bungy_10

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion - Page 2 Bungy_11

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun May 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for the photo's Dave.  I notice in the photo that the plastic bridle isn't being used, is this a choice or does the bridle cause you problems.  

I found that the bridle tended to allow me to swing more easily directly in front, but without it I tended to swing off to the right hand side.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 6:00 pm

pablop wrote:Thanks for the photo's Dave.  I notice in the photo that the plastic bridle isn't being used, is this a choice or does the bridle cause you problems.  

I found that the bridle tended to allow me to swing more easily directly in front, but without it I tended to swing off to the right hand side.

G'day pablop

The cross piece (plastic bridle) seems to be designed to use with both the "J" struts LH & RH sides, I found the 2nd LH "J" strut very uncomfortable and only use the RH "J" strut and found this way to be easy and both comfortable in conjunction with the way the bungy setup is now configured, being looped around the top part of the handle just under the screen.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun May 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks Dave.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Wow. It's really pleasing to see an idea that works and being used other ways to suit. Bloody awesome I'm rapt. I still have a big head but pretty pleased

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 8:25 pm

UTBN wrote:Wow. It's really pleasing to see an idea that works and being used other ways to suit. Bloody awesome I'm rapt. I still have a big head but pretty pleased

Hey jase you have set a trend going that's for sure and there are many that are pleased you took the time to post your ideas that may help others. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Mon May 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Just to add a variant, we spent a little time trying different things on the weekend.
Result being Mrs Redfin felt most comfortable with the Zed using her camelback and the plastic bridle [cross piece]
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2015 5:53 pm

LEE!!!!! LEE!!!!!!!!
Mate did you hear the news? The utbn method phenomena has spread the globe like a new case of a venereal disease. My friend if I may call you that now, in part to the growing phenomena, you are in a strange way part of it now.
The hatchet has been buried but I must now, haaaark cheew (I spat in hand) would like to offer my handshake.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed May 20, 2015 6:13 pm

UTBN wrote:LEE!!!!!  LEE!!!!!!!!
Mate did you hear the news? The utbn method phenomena has spread the globe like a new case of a venereal disease.  My friend if I may call you that now, in part to the growing phenomena, you are in a strange way part of it now.
The hatchet has been buried but I must now, haaaark cheew (I spat in hand) would like to offer my handshake.

Yes Mate
It has not gone unnoticed as I tune into the US forum too.

I have reviewed the pics & comments & I think the loop around the top of the handle would provide greater lateral control, I will give it a go.

I am a short bloke 5'6" & I like the shaft out to it's max the same as I do on all units I guess this puts more weight out front, I think I will still need the bungy located at the top of the lower shaft, I am toying with the idea to incorporate 2 bungies as long as it does not make it more awkward.
Good Job (handshake)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion - Page 2 Empty Reply with quote Re: "Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

Post  goldstrijk Wed May 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Good onya mate!!!
Good to hear Basketball cheers

goldstrijk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next